Author Topic: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary  (Read 2688 times)

feedmeseymour

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary
« on: May 30, 2018, 05:18:23 AM »
just picked up my copy, are there any serious street fighter players on slap? alpha 3 is my jam, pretty sweet to have online play for these old games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpUXoCqD6GM

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 06:26:15 AM »
I’ve loved street fighter games for 20+ years now and SF3 Third Strike is probably my favorite fighting game ever.  That being said, I am really bad at them.  It’s pretty much the same deal with skating as well, haha.

I think I’m going to get it because I’ve always wanted to play New Generation and Second Impact.  I also agree that Alpha 3 is awesome.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 07:07:30 AM »
sf is really technical and not easy to master thats for sure, but that 2-d hand drawn cartoony look is too good to pass up

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 07:34:22 AM »
I wish they kept the hand-drawn graphics.  They might not be as technically impressive but they are so much more appealing to me than in sfIV and V.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

GOKU

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 06:31:27 PM »
I'm bummed that only 4 of the 12 games on the collection have online play. I'm also bummed that it's the arcade port of Alpha 3 (because the PS1/Saturn version and all later releases had more characters). Regardless, this looks really frickin' cool... but I'm probs not gonna make the purchase :/

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 06:56:07 AM »
I'm tempted to get this but I don't think I'd be able to play online because I don't pay for PS+. Also, the PS controller kind of sucks but I'm not buying another.

I've played a shit ton of SF over the years, to the point where I kind of consider it a real waste of a good portion of my life.

I'd like having a good arcade perfect copy of Hyper Fighting and I've never spent much time with Three or Double Impact but I've played the heck out of all the others.

Is Super Turbo HD Remix on there? I enjoyed that one a lot on PS3 - the little tweaks made a big difference.

I'm in the minority that prefers the first 2 Alphas to the 3rd - although I never played them a high level and from what I understand the counters were too turtle friendly and the custom combo was kinda broken.

I guess I'd be most into playing Hyper Fighting, (Vanilla) Super, Alpha 2, and 3rd Strike (which I still play on Dreamcast occasionally).

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2018, 03:49:21 PM »

Is Super Turbo HD Remix on there?

Nope. :-\

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 05:34:39 PM »
the original world warrior (with all the guile glitches), 3rd strike and capcom vs. SNK 2 are my jams

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

feedmeseymour

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 07:11:48 AM »
I'm bummed that only 4 of the 12 games on the collection have online play. I'm also bummed that it's the arcade port of Alpha 3 (because the PS1/Saturn version and all later releases had more characters). Regardless, this looks really frickin' cool... but I'm probs not gonna make the purchase :/

yeah its kinda wack, but i guess the 4 games that have online play are the best of that respective series.. i think the wost thing with this is when you go to online play, when you get matched with an opponent you cant see their connection and decid if its worth playing, you have to play whoever they put you with...

with a game like this lag sucks and playing some kid with a shitty connection is the worst.

also bummed that the pre order bonus included sf4 but only on ps4 and xbox... they gave switch owners the shaft.

other than that its just nice to have all those games on a current console

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 12:02:40 PM »
Wow, Capcom has been recycling the same shit for like 20 years now. How about some new fucking games, ey?

feedmeseymour

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 12:20:49 PM »
Wow, Capcom has been recycling the same shit for like 20 years now. How about some new fucking games, ey?

normally id agree with this, but to have these games with online matches is what makes this awesome if youre a street fighter person.

but they can stop re releasing megaman games any day now.

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2018, 11:57:16 PM »
how much is this on switch ? ive been waiting for dragon ball fighterz for a good fighting game on switch but im pretty tempted to just get this first

Fifty8mm

• Rep: 124
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2018, 02:01:38 AM »
Nobody plays these games on Fightcade?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 02:22:14 PM »
I'm tempted to get this but I don't think I'd be able to play online because I don't pay for PS+. Also, the PS controller kind of sucks but I'm not buying another.

I've played a shit ton of SF over the years, to the point where I kind of consider it a real waste of a good portion of my life.

I'd like having a good arcade perfect copy of Hyper Fighting and I've never spent much time with Three or Double Impact but I've played the heck out of all the others.

Is Super Turbo HD Remix on there? I enjoyed that one a lot on PS3 - the little tweaks made a big difference.

I'm in the minority that prefers the first 2 Alphas to the 3rd - although I never played them a high level and from what I understand the counters were too turtle friendly and the custom combo was kinda broken.

I guess I'd be most into playing Hyper Fighting, (Vanilla) Super, Alpha 2, and 3rd Strike (which I still play on Dreamcast occasionally).

great post as SF player since 92' and can agree to the amount of hours put into these games...

Street Fighter Alpha 2 was my fav ...for personal reasons and the evil Ryu story was dope!

Only game i wish they'd release is Marvel v Capcom 1.  But I doubt it, Still have it for the Sega Dreamcast

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 06:03:14 AM »
They had that marvel vs Capcom origins combo thing years ago.  For whatever reason I never got it and apparently different companies own the rights to different characters so you just can’t buy these anymore.  Bummer.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 12:15:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

great post as SF player since 92' and can agree to the amount of hours put into these games...

Street Fighter Alpha 2 was my fav ...for personal reasons and the evil Ryu story was dope!

Only game i wish they'd release is Marvel v Capcom 1.  But I doubt it, Still have it for the Sega Dreamcast
marvel vs capcom 2 is where its at, the best fighting game in my opinion. i would kill to have online play for that again. i used to play on ps3 but im sure finding a random online match would be impossible now.

EDIT: just saw im replying to the final boss of mvc2 haha

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2018, 04:24:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
marvel vs capcom 2 is where its at, the best fighting game in my opinion. i would kill to have online play for that again. i used to play on ps3 but im sure finding a random online match would be impossible now.

haha you got it loved the concept of this boss...I still have MVC2 on my PS3, was able to download it when it was still available in PS Store.  I pretty much mastered that game

feedmeseymour

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2018, 05:05:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

haha you got it loved the concept of this boss...I still have MVC2 on my PS3, was able to download it when it was still available in PS Store.  I pretty much mastered that game

Sakura, bb hood, rouge... I got you all day.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2018, 08:31:36 AM »
I have a few combinations as of 2018

Mainly Ryu, BB hood, Morrigan (lilith)
latlely for shit and giggles Ryu, Akuma, Serbot