Author Topic: etnies ALBUM: Chris Joslin FULL PART (24 hours Only)  (Read 2525 times)

zeroepedition

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -58
etnies ALBUM: Chris Joslin FULL PART (24 hours Only)
« on: May 30, 2018, 05:44:22 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXGse4JRgRs

This guy does nollie inward heels like he's waiting in line at the bank. Normal everyday shit.
I can understand what eS is aiming for as a brand and I can also understand what Emerica is aiming for as a brand. However, I don't understand the Etnies brand identity or what they are aiming for as a company, especially when they started making shoes for motocross or bmx or whatever it was. Of course they have had and still have amazing skaters, I'm not doubting the talent. I just don't understand who they're trying to appeal to as a company. Are they like a more core version of DC shoes?

Space Monkey

• Rep: 36
Re: etnies ALBUM: Chris Joslin FULL PART (24 hours Only)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 06:11:27 PM »
I think he should stick to black pants.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 06:21:59 PM »

Seconded. But I love this kid, he just charges. Nollie flip the double set in Vancouver(I think) was amazing. I think everyone's disappointed that there was no El Toro footage though.

FLstrange

• Rep: 324
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 06:39:22 PM »
why does he have to ruin every part he has with the masturbatory self hyping. i get that hes excited when he lands amazing shit, but i cant stomach when he rips his shirt off, screams into the camera and throws up the middle fingers in celebration.

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 07:03:49 PM »
C'mon, Sole Tech, Joslin deserves better than this licensing library track music. This ain't X-Games Real Street. Pony up for some actual music.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 08:00:39 PM »
why does he have to ruin every part he has with the masturbatory self hyping. i get that hes excited when he lands amazing shit, but i cant stomach when he rips his shirt off, screams into the camera and throws up the middle fingers in celebration.

I would be just as stoked........ actually more. If that's how he feels he deserves to stoke out. False humility or, worse, exasperation is way phonier. Good for him.
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 08:04:05 PM »
There's already a 3 page discussion on this in the appropriate section: http://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=99945.0

masterbajablaster

• Rep: 0
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 11:29:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Seconded. But I love this kid, he just charges. Nollie flip the double set in Vancouver(I think) was amazing. I think everyone's disappointed that there was no El Toro footage though.

Fair but,two tricks down the fucking berg in the middle of his part most of the big ass gaps he skates boggles me how when he lands it doesn't seem like his body takes the impact as much don't know a shit load about pyhsics and shit but i mean when he 3 flipped davis it looked like he barley had any impact compared to Reynolds when he skated it...kinda got off topic but my point is he did enough big shit for me not to be as disappointed about no el toro footy also just makes it so he can put another part out this year but this part had soty written all over it

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 12:14:00 AM »
It takes alot to impress these days but that was fucking mental.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 05:33:26 AM »
bummer, they already took it down, ill leave this here so you guys have atleast something to watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUcwaMQ820I&t=306s

FLstrange

• Rep: 324
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 10:10:03 AM »
bummer, they already took it down, ill leave this here so you guys have atleast something to watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUcwaMQ820I&t=306s

Gideon Choi

• Rep: 33
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 10:18:39 AM »
The stoked shirt ripping is kinda cringe, but I found myself liking this part more and more as it went on. I really enjoyed the slow mo section a lot even those it was mostly flip tricks over big gaps. Gotta love his charging and production.

feedmeseymour