Author Topic: Best City in the US to skate?  (Read 7944 times)

Jagr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 116
Re: Best City in the US to skate?
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2018, 06:14:46 PM »
While this place my not be defined as a city, Butte, Montana is unreal

What kind of spots we talking? I take I90 through Butte a lot but have only ever skated the park.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2018, 08:54:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Oakland
[close]
People just don’t know how good it is because it gets lumped in with SF. I say it all the time that it’s the best skate city I’ve ever been to. I’ve been living in the area for a decade, actively spot search, and am still finding new stuff to skate regularly.
[close]

Yup. Lived in LA , SF, and now Oakland and I agree, Oakland has endless spots with a similar vibe to SF but much more laid back. So much fun. Berkeley is great too.

The Rockridge curbs have been on my skate travel bucket list for a while now.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2018, 09:02:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What kind of spots we talking? I take I90 through Butte a lot but have only ever skated the park.

Whoa you have never skated Butte?  Take the exit for uptown, I think it's Montana ave and check out every block form there, beginning with the amazing gap underneath the expiry.  Up the hill is just amazing, way too many spots: the best street gap, a flat bar that goes into an alley, a three stair up with an eight stair down.  If you like big rails there are plenty, a perfect 15 at the college.  If you like ditches there is an amazing one to skate in the summer there with all sorts of transition and other things.  I can go on.  You can also drink on the street there as they have no open container laws.

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2018, 10:01:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Whoa you have never skated Butte?  Take the exit for uptown, I think it's Montana ave and check out every block form there, beginning with the amazing gap underneath the expiry.  Up the hill is just amazing, way too many spots: the best street gap, a flat bar that goes into an alley, a three stair up with an eight stair down.  If you like big rails there are plenty, a perfect 15 at the college.  If you like ditches there is an amazing one to skate in the summer there with all sorts of transition and other things.  I can go on.  You can also drink on the street there as they have no open container laws.

woah, rad. sounds amazing (especially the ditch). i'm going through later this summer, so i'll for sure check town out...always cool to find smaller towns and cities with a shit load of fun spots. bremerton, wa is another that always surprises.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2018, 10:32:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Oakland
[close]
People just don’t know how good it is because it gets lumped in with SF. I say it all the time that it’s the best skate city I’ve ever been to. I’ve been living in the area for a decade, actively spot search, and am still finding new stuff to skate regularly.
[close]

Yup. Lived in LA , SF, and now Oakland and I agree, Oakland has endless spots with a similar vibe to SF but much more laid back. So much fun. Berkeley is great too.
[close]

Lol...why? Its a fun spot and all, but its just a couple slappy curbs
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2018, 10:30:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Oakland
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
I’ll never understand how people move to the bay and spend all their time at Rockridge or the DMV. It’s just not for me.

And to respond to your statesmen Gip about SF being better than Oakland: yes, the lack of front yards in SF creates all those driveway woops you can fly down and that’s a pretty unique thing. But as to count of unique spots per square mile, I still believe Oakland takes the cake. Or maybe it’s just that Oakland has more unique spots per square mile that haven’t been in videos, so my nerd filmer brain is always happy here. 

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -40
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2018, 01:52:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
sf no contest
[close]

This.

NY/LA/SF and SF was by far the most fun (due to speed and, back then, decent streets). NY was great tho, midtown, Bubble/Brooklyn banks, good times.
[close]

NYC is so much fun.  You can just push around the LES and grab beers without ever popping your tail and it’s a ton of fun.

Are you Dustin Dollin?
[close]
Haha no... I actually just hurt myself within my first 45 minutes of skating and could really only push around, so might as well drink beers.  Go fuck yaself

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2018, 01:53:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Oakland
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Because I'm tired, it's low impact, and curbs will forever be the funnest thing to skate, at least for me. Plus the Unity crew skates there a lot and I have always wanted to meet and skate with them.

thebacker

« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2018, 02:02:49 PM »
Philly>NYC
SF>OAK, but The Bay (SF, SJ, The East Bay)>any other metropolitan area
Oakland could be better if they’d pave the fucking streets, but even with that, the lack of lawns in SF makes cruising hills through neighborhoods fun even if you spend all day just doing ollies

I’ve never figured out SD no matter how many times I’ve tried

real shit

MadPanda

• Rep: -5
  • "Don't give up on your dream. Keep sleeping."
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2018, 09:13:59 AM »
I never lived in a city. Just boring suburbs and I do not have time to travel.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 04:37:50 PM by MadPanda »