Author Topic: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme  (Read 239407 times)

Nigga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
Re: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme
« Reply #150 on: January 04, 2014, 03:28:02 PM »
whatever,supreme been a *skate shop* since 94 and been exactly the same and stuck to its image since then.they still do stuff with the gonz also companies like indy and spitfire and vans seem to be involved with them,which they have been top notch in skating.i happen to like the shit so i back it.

anyways all non video topic things aside.

based on the people that seem to be involved,its a video ill be looking forward to seeing.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2014, 04:48:28 PM »
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

self-loathing gnarcissist

• Rep: -92
« Reply #152 on: January 04, 2014, 07:33:02 PM »
People keep bringing up this "stayed true to their image and are in it for the people" bullshit. Fuck all that, supreme is a business who will do whatever it takes to make bank. Sure their clothes aren't "mainstream", but the only way they can afford to maintain that image is by making everything relatively expensive. Everytime you  buy a piece of supreme apparel, you're being tricked into thinking you're supporting a "core" shop but you're really wasting your money on another corporation that doesn't give a fuck about you.Last time I checked skateshops that stay true to the people and try to relate don't sell 700$ jackets and 150$ belts. Wake the fuck up, you're all buying into a false image.

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #153 on: January 04, 2014, 07:36:27 PM »
I've never bought or worn anything supreme, but the few times I was in New York and needed to set up a board they were cool to me. I respect the fact that they can exist making people but over priced stuff simply because I respect  a good hustle.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #154 on: January 04, 2014, 08:06:25 PM »
People keep bringing up this "stayed true to their image and are in it for the people" bullshit. Fuck all that, supreme is a business who will do whatever it takes to make bank. Sure their clothes aren't "mainstream", but the only way they can afford to maintain that image is by making everything relatively expensive. Everytime you  buy a piece of supreme apparel, you're being tricked into thinking you're supporting a "core" shop but you're really wasting your money on another corporation that doesn't give a fuck about you.Last time I checked skateshops that stay true to the people and try to relate don't sell 700$ jackets and 150$ belts. Wake the fuck up, you're all buying into a false image.

Supreme is not a corporation, it's just a dude that doesn't give a fuck about you.  I don't like it, but I respect his hustle.  Getting rich off of a bunch of stupid jackasses, that's the american way.  Actually that's the american dream, all idealized and shit.  The american way, would be to steal it.
http://www.complex.com/style/2013/03/50-things-you-didnt-know-about-supreme/jebbia-net-worth
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 08:13:42 PM by Joust Ostrich »
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

« Reply #155 on: January 04, 2014, 08:14:38 PM »
Expand Quote
People keep bringing up this "stayed true to their image and are in it for the people" bullshit. Fuck all that, supreme is a business who will do whatever it takes to make bank. Sure their clothes aren't "mainstream", but the only way they can afford to maintain that image is by making everything relatively expensive. Everytime you?  buy a piece of supreme apparel, you're being tricked into thinking you're supporting a "core" shop but you're really wasting your money on another corporation that doesn't give a fuck about you.Last time I checked skateshops that stay true to the people and try to relate don't sell 700$ jackets and 150$ belts. Wake the fuck up, you're all buying into a false image.
[close]

Supreme is not a corporation, it's just a dude that doesn't give a fuck about you.?  I don't like it, but I respect his hustle.?  Getting rich off of a bunch of stupid jackasses, that's the american way.?  Actually that's the american dream, all idealized and shit.?  The american way, would be to steal it.
http://www.complex.com/style/2013/03/50-things-you-didnt-know-about-supreme/jebbia-net-worth

Yeah I didn't mean to say corporation it just came out during mid- rant. I guess the people who buy the shit are to blame, fuck it.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #156 on: January 04, 2014, 09:43:43 PM »
FTC > Supreme.

BuddyBaker14

• Rep: 0
« Reply #157 on: January 04, 2014, 10:18:46 PM »
The skating in Cherry will be cool, but the Supreme dudes/vibe is on par with that South Park where all the smug people smell their own farts because they think they're better than everyone.   

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2014, 01:52:22 AM »
People keep bringing up this "stayed true to their image and are in it for the people" bullshit. Fuck all that, supreme is a business who will do whatever it takes to make bank. Sure their clothes aren't "mainstream", but the only way they can afford to maintain that image is by making everything relatively expensive. Everytime you  buy a piece of supreme apparel, you're being tricked into thinking you're supporting a "core" shop but you're really wasting your money on another corporation that doesn't give a fuck about you.Last time I checked skateshops that stay true to the people and try to relate don't sell 700$ jackets and 150$ belts. Wake the fuck up, you're all buying into a false image.

I learnt heaps of cool shit off you today. Raise prices to stay out of the mainstream. Buying expensive clothes is silly if you do not like expensive clothes and if the owner doesn't know / care about you. Last time you checked skate shops that were relatable were cheap (maybe you are just not part of the economic bracket they want to relate to?).

Now I've learnt all that cool shit, how does one know when a company gives a fuck about you? Is it when they spend money BUT only if it is money sourced from outside their marketing budget?? Or is every company inherently evil? You seem to have a lot of answers?

felix.

• Rep: -34
« Reply #159 on: January 05, 2014, 05:14:15 AM »
I am excited for this video to come out. I'm hoping we're going to see a lot of full parts from people and not just focusing on the young hyped up kids.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2014, 05:50:25 AM »
Quick question, how many of you would like Supreme if it wasn't worn by a bunch of non-skating douchebags whom you don't want to be associated with?

How can you even hate on Supreme itself? They make cool clothes with good quality, have a rich NYC history and sponsor skateboarders. Now they're about to put out a video that all of you are going to watch and enjoy. Theyre not owned by suits, so that cant be it. Is it because they make expensive clothes and make alot of money off of non-skateboarders? Thats horrible, this shit must be stopped.

Its not like theyre milking skateboarders. Try finding another shop that sells 45$ pro boards and 34$/set Indy hollows in the city.

The only hateable thing I noticed when I went there was that a couple of the people working there were too cool for their own good, but a couple was also super helpful and nice. The 'too cool to help' thing seemed to be a NYC thing overall since a bunch of shops were like that though... KC/DC people were nice though. And the dude who owns Labor skateshop fucking rules.

Actually, dont mind anything I said before and just go buy shit at Labor, goddamn that dude rules.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #161 on: January 05, 2014, 05:56:53 AM »
Quick question, how many of you would like Supreme if it wasn't worn by a bunch of non-skating douchebags whom you don't want to be associated with?

Honestly if it wasn't for these douches I'd buy into it. I'm not against it in anyway now I just haven't bought any. The whole box logo thing and all the counterfeit items do make it harder to identify with as I do like things that are more rarified to non skaters but this happens eventually to most brands. The "cool kids" buy into it and it looses its shine.

modernmachine

« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2014, 06:08:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Honestly if it wasn't for these douches I'd buy into it. I'm not against it in anyway now I just haven't bought any. The whole box logo thing and all the counterfeit items do make it harder to identify with as I do like things that are more rarified to non skaters but this happens eventually to most brands. The "cool kids" buy into it and it looses its shine.
supreme is the gayest wigger shit of all time .besides soda jerkoff

modernmachine

« Reply #163 on: January 05, 2014, 06:10:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
sodajerks a wiggsta with an opinion,nothing worse than that

hekkahyphy

« Reply #164 on: January 05, 2014, 06:18:33 AM »

thats the most disgusting house ive ever seen

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #165 on: January 05, 2014, 06:39:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
sodajerks a wiggsta with an opinion,nothing worse than that
Your words are like daggers through my heart. How will I ever recover from this? All done, recovered. Go and have an audit or something. Send him to the Hole.

« Reply #166 on: January 05, 2014, 10:58:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I learnt heaps of cool shit off you today. Raise prices to stay out of the mainstream. Buying expensive clothes is silly if you do not like expensive clothes and if the owner doesn't know / care about you. Last time you checked skate shops that were relatable were cheap (maybe you are just not part of the economic bracket they want to relate to?).

Now I've learnt all that cool shit, how does one know when a company gives a fuck about you? Is it when they spend money BUT only if it is money sourced from outside their marketing budget?? Or is every company inherently evil? You seem to have a lot of answers?

a

Wait you're the same dude who said if you don't like supreme you can stick to zumiez or some bullshit right? Please do us all a favor and stop skateboarding.

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #167 on: January 05, 2014, 12:02:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
People keep bringing up this "stayed true to their image and are in it for the people" bullshit. Fuck all that, supreme is a business who will do whatever it takes to make bank. Sure their clothes aren't "mainstream", but the only way they can afford to maintain that image is by making everything relatively expensive. Everytime you?  buy a piece of supreme apparel, you're being tricked into thinking you're supporting a "core" shop but you're really wasting your money on another corporation that doesn't give a fuck about you.Last time I checked skateshops that stay true to the people and try to relate don't sell 700$ jackets and 150$ belts. Wake the fuck up, you're all buying into a false image.
[close]

[close]
a

Wait you're the same dude who said if you don't like supreme you can stick to zumiez or some bullshit right? Please do us all a favor and stop skateboarding.

So no answers?

dillanharp

« Reply #168 on: January 05, 2014, 12:16:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
a

[close]

So no answers?

Lucien

• Rep: -3
« Reply #169 on: January 05, 2014, 04:23:07 PM »
Supreme is chill  8) but more importantly, does Strobeck fuck those hot girls he's always hangin' out with on instagram and shit, or is he more of a brother/friend zone type?

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #170 on: January 05, 2014, 05:01:45 PM »
Supreme is chill  8) but more importantly, does Strobeck fuck those hot girls he's always hangin' out with on instagram and shit, or is he more of a brother/friend zone type?

he scores them cocaine.
I'm not kidding

Stage 7

• Rep: -6
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #171 on: January 05, 2014, 06:52:31 PM »
I got respect for Fat Bill's skills and enjoy the Supreme vibe when the crazy gear is weeded out. They are connected to some top notch talent so the skating/roster in this video has serious potential.

dickthreats

• Rep: -4
« Reply #172 on: January 05, 2014, 06:55:51 PM »
I got respect for Fat Bill's skills and enjoy the Supreme vibe when the crazy gear is weeded out. They are connected to some top notch talent so the skating/roster in this video has serious potential.

dont shove your opinion down our throats, do you hate women?

Lucien

• Rep: -3
« Reply #173 on: January 05, 2014, 07:01:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

he scores them cocaine.
I'm not kidding

Dont they all. Tried and true.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #174 on: January 06, 2014, 03:27:33 PM »
They are connected to some top notch talent so the skating/roster in this video has serious potential.

Hoping for full parts from these three:

mfkream

« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2014, 03:42:17 PM »
Expand Quote
They are connected to some top notch talent so the skating/roster in this video has serious potential.
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

They've got some pretty full parts alright..

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2014, 04:13:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

Who's that girl on the left?

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2014, 08:12:46 PM »
Mmmmm delish
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

trannies and mannies

« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2014, 10:28:50 PM »

Actually, dont mind anything I said before and just go buy shit at Labor, goddamn that dude rules.
Agreed, James is the nicest dude ever, plus their hardgood selection is way better than Supreme's.

Laban Fetus

« Reply #179 on: January 09, 2014, 09:38:43 AM »
SP

This is sick looking.