Author Topic: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme  (Read 239410 times)

juhzden

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Re: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme
« Reply #180 on: January 09, 2014, 04:22:06 PM »

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #181 on: January 09, 2014, 06:12:36 PM »

Q bert

• Rep: -13
« Reply #182 on: January 10, 2014, 01:20:24 PM »

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2014, 01:45:12 PM »

psyched for a part from Sage aka Drake

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2014, 02:52:57 PM »
these skinny guys are kind of ripped. any team handsome workout footy exist?

Laban Fetus

« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2014, 02:58:11 PM »
An opinion from that old dude who's at Tompkins sometimes.
http://blog.turntablelab.com/ph/2014/01/2014-predictions-by-roctakon/

"What are your style predictions for 2014?

This whole 90s on HGH thing that?s been happening is, I think, just about to reach critical mass. Everyone is so fucking sick of the beards and the flannels and the red wings, and I think that when the Supreme video drops this spring it will re-define fashion for young men. Tucked in T-shirts, vintage CK style jeans?a la Markey Mark and Pepe Martinez?will be a thing, as well as a general shift away from Nike. I look around and see everyone dressed in tech ass work-out gear and neon Flyknits or whatever and it all just makes me want to dress as frumpy and ugly as possible. I?m expecting a small skater owned shoe company to start  and become a thing. Honestly I really can?t stress how big an impact this Supreme video will have on younger generations. Also. been a long time coming, but I think this will be the year A-Trak stops wearing all those hats."

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #186 on: January 10, 2014, 04:54:27 PM »

This whole 90s on HGH thing that?s been happening is, I think, just about to reach critical mass. Everyone is so fucking sick of the beards and the flannels and the red wings, and I think that when the Supreme video drops this spring it will re-define fashion for young men. Tucked in T-shirts, vintage CK style jeans?a la Markey Mark and Pepe Martinez?will be a thing, as well as a general shift away from Nike. I look around and see everyone dressed in tech ass work-out gear and neon Flyknits or whatever and it all just makes me want to dress as frumpy and ugly as possible. I?m expecting a small skater owned shoe company to start  and become a thing. Honestly I really can?t stress how big an impact this Supreme video will have on younger generations. Also. been a long time coming, but I think this will be the year A-Trak stops wearing all those hats."

he's right on the money

Laban Fetus

« Reply #187 on: January 12, 2014, 07:42:05 AM »

FUSE

• Rep: -20
    • Beats avatar image
« Reply #188 on: January 12, 2014, 09:40:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Supreme is chill  8) but more importantly, does Strobeck fuck those hot girls he's always hangin' out with on instagram and shit, or is he more of a brother/friend zone type?

[close]

he scores them cocaine.
I'm not kidding

Snitch.

Stoked for the video.  Don't bother backing Supreme on SLAP though dudes.  Too many crybabies.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched

tom

• Rep: -10
« Reply #190 on: January 12, 2014, 10:08:50 AM »

this dude contradicts himself so many times in this one little paragraph. apparently the current overdone style is flannels, redwings, and beards but also sportswear and flyknits? The new coming reactionary trend will be ck jeans and tucked in shirts but also "frumpy and ugly"? make up your mind.

mfkream

« Reply #191 on: January 12, 2014, 01:33:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

this dude contradicts himself so many times in this one little paragraph. apparently the current overdone style is flannels, redwings, and beards but also sportswear and flyknits? The new coming reactionary trend will be ck jeans and tucked in shirts but also "frumpy and ugly"? make up your mind.

Ew chill out plebe. Your need to have everything be so literal is exactly the reason you're the kind of person that doesn't get new styles. This isn't for you. Move on.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #192 on: January 12, 2014, 03:18:31 PM »
yeah tom go back to myspace

Jonorhea

• Rep: -5
« Reply #193 on: January 12, 2014, 08:44:05 PM »
hahahahhahahahahhahahah

doublesteveburger

« Reply #194 on: January 12, 2014, 11:26:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
hahahahhahahahahhahahah

A.A

• Rep: -52
« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2014, 12:53:51 AM »
Plebe.. Hehehe.
Twin Perks

hadouken

• Rep: 54
« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2014, 02:55:47 AM »
From this interview - http://www.interviewmagazine.com/fashion/james-jebbia-is-supreme/#_

I?d always loved what went on in skateboarding. I?d never skated myself, but I loved the graphics?I really liked the rebelliousness of it. And a lot of kids who worked for me skated, but it seemed to me that there were no skate shops around. So I was like, ?Okay, cool, maybe I?ll do a skate shop.?

Whatever though, I don't care - the video will be good. If you can afford that gear, cool. It's not like they've got a gun to your head.
&& lives to fuck the tits off new mums

conqueso

« Reply #197 on: January 13, 2014, 04:35:57 AM »
So people here think this video is going to redefine mens fashion??
Thats pretty hilarious.

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #198 on: January 13, 2014, 07:08:18 AM »
This whole Supreme Kids division thing isn't that chill, but they're still chill.  The only thing that confuses me is that Supreme doesn't make small sizes, so I'm assuming this whole 90's look is these hip youngsters trying to fit into clothes that barely fit malnourished, aging street artists.  If anything, they're the real slaves to fashion!

Q bert

• Rep: -13
« Reply #199 on: January 13, 2014, 08:40:38 AM »

:-*

self-loathing gnarcissist

• Rep: -92
« Reply #200 on: January 13, 2014, 11:15:20 AM »
So people here think this video is going to redefine mens fashion??
Thats pretty hilarious 

S.E.

« Reply #201 on: January 13, 2014, 12:45:53 PM »
i dunno after baker3 every single kid under the age of 20 started wearing tighter jeans.  most of them krew reynolds pants and reynolds 2s.  and it was like that for a solid 5 years before the brown cords/zissou beanie trend started in 2010 with the release of Fully flared.  to totally dismiss the impact skate videos have on skate "fashion" if you will is underestimating the impact some of these pros have on 12-20 year old skaters.  to me, one of the coolest parts of skateboarding is how skateboarders are literally the creators of so many streetwear and fasion trends. with skateboarding coming from the streets its pretty neat to see its influence in our culture without it ever being significantly stated that that's where alot of fashion comes from.  its our little secret.  you may follow it and thats fine.  but if you don't its also kind of fun to look at everyone who changes trends in skateboarding and just have a laugh.  skateboarding is so fucking interesting

Laban Fetus

« Reply #202 on: January 13, 2014, 12:52:49 PM »
You make a lot of good points. Those trends were started pre-social media explosion too and took a long time to reach the general consensus. I remember having the beanie/cords/flannel/probably-a-Moz-shirt kit in 2006 after watching Bag Of Suck or some other similar video and then when Fully Flared came out it became the norm. Shit moves so fast with the internet these days that things kind of blow up overnight

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #203 on: January 13, 2014, 01:59:04 PM »
i dunno after baker3 every single kid under the age of 20 started wearing tighter jeans.  most of them krew reynolds pants and reynolds 2s.  and it was like that for a solid 5 years before the brown cords/zissou beanie trend started in 2010 with the release of Fully flared.  to totally dismiss the impact skate videos have on skate "fashion" if you will is underestimating the impact some of these pros have on 12-20 year old skaters.  to me, one of the coolest parts of skateboarding is how skateboarders are literally the creators of so many streetwear and fasion trends. with skateboarding coming from the streets its pretty neat to see its influence in our culture without it ever being significantly stated that that's where alot of fashion comes from.  its our little secret.  you may follow it and thats fine.  but if you don't its also kind of fun to look at everyone who changes trends in skateboarding and just have a laugh.  skateboarding is so fucking interesting

Fully Flared came out in 2007
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

S.E.

« Reply #204 on: January 13, 2014, 02:24:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fully Flared came out in 2007

same thing

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #205 on: January 13, 2014, 02:33:15 PM »
Supreme have great art direction. Hopefully this continues that trend.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #206 on: January 13, 2014, 02:39:43 PM »
me like supreme art direction

self-loathing gnarcissist

• Rep: -92
« Reply #207 on: January 13, 2014, 03:09:51 PM »
Supreme have great art direction.

please elaborate

ttching!