Author Topic: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme  (Read 239410 times)

Chico Dusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Re: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme
« Reply #360 on: February 19, 2014, 05:33:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Tell this tall glass a milk whose most likely allergic to the sun to take notes if he wants to showcase his skating in some bullshit downhill line......
[close]

Do you think dennis hopped on a board when he was 13(?) and could just bomb like that? He's a full grown man who has probably been skating longer than that kid has been alive. Also dennis is a legend in the making. His skill level is a rarity. Not every player in the nhl is eric lindros. Those lines were not life changing but they were fun to watch. I enjoyed the video.
[close]

you must be from philly.  out of any NHL greats, you picked Eric Lindros?  wow.  dude was amazing, but i would think most people would go for Gretzky when talking about hockey greats, or Gordie Howe or Bobby Orr or fuck, even Eruzione would work.  Dude scored the winning goal in the Miracle on Ice, 1980!!!
[close]

I may be biased here, but in his prime, he was great, and would have been one of the true greats if he knew how to keep his head up. He figured since he was 6'4 235 lbs he didn't have to, but he learned real quick that that wasn't the case. I still believe the Forsberg/Lindros trade after the draft was one of the biggest mistakes the Flyers ever made. Forsberg > Lindros 4 ever.
hockey rant over
[close]

I picked lindros for a reason.  Everyone knows Wayne Gretzky.  Even people who have never watched a hockey game in their life know Gretzky.  Only skaters have any idea who Dennis is.  Just like anyone who knows hockey, knows lindros is one of the greats, anyone who knows skating knows that dennis is one of the greats.  I could have used Jager or Messier to prove the point but dennis' agressive badass style and indifference to the politics of skating made lindros seem like the best choice.  although if you really want to get down to it Mike V. is probably the eric lindros of skateboarding.

PS Forsberg was overrated.  the team made him seem better than he really was. BOOM! I SAID IT!

Yo Forsberg was overrated! This dude knows his shit.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #361 on: February 19, 2014, 05:57:18 PM »
Expand Quote
i, for one, applaud the analogy.  And totally get why you used Lindros.  Anyone can say Wayne Gretzky, or Tony Hawk or Jordan or Alex Rodriguez or "best dude at whatever it is they want people to think they're knowledgeable about".  I was kind of psyched, that was why I commented.  It just took me so off guard in here.  "Did he just say ERIC LINDROS?!?!?".  I'm guessing you're....about 34.

And for the record, Dennis grew up in the midwest, i'm pretty sure bombing hills was a rarity.  which is even nuttier.
[close]

27 but i grew up with an older brother who is now a well respected hockey coach

I'm 21, do younger people not really know who Lindros is? If not, I don't consider them real hockey fans.
And Forsberg overrated? that's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. He's probably one of the best two-way players of this generation, and he made his team better, every night, all while being the best player on the ice and simultaneously nursing his non-healing foot problem. Dude's a definite hall of famer, anyone who disagrees is very misinformed.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 06:00:31 PM by Nigga »

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #362 on: February 19, 2014, 06:39:20 PM »
settle down. no need to kook me.  I'm not the only one with that opinion.

"When it comes right down to it, I say there is little to choose between Eric Lindros and Peter Forsberg. Lindros was always easy to dislike, which helps to stain his legacy. Forsberg's legacy is, in my opinion, a bit overrated if only due to the great supporting cast he enjoyed."

from a strangely on-point source: http://www.greatesthockeylegends.com/2008/01/who-was-better-peter-forsberg-vs-eric.html

Edit: ever thought i would see the day where someone name "nigga" would challenge my hockey knowledge in a thread on a skateboarding message board 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 06:45:06 PM by tortfeasor »
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #363 on: February 19, 2014, 06:49:44 PM »
If you don't think peter forsberg is hall of fame material never voice your opinion about  anything hockey related again.
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

faarooq

• Rep: 7
« Reply #364 on: February 19, 2014, 06:51:58 PM »
Mogilny was pretty badass. Dude scored 76 goals one season.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #365 on: February 19, 2014, 07:17:14 PM »
If you don't think peter forsberg is hall of fame material never voice your opinion about  anything hockey related again.

I never said he wasn't a potential hall of famer. I just never understood why people rate him so much higher than lindros, recchi (pbuh) or Claude Lemieux.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #366 on: February 19, 2014, 07:20:53 PM »
Yeah but Pavel Bure always had the sickest McDonald's hologram cards.  Was anyone else weirded out as a kid by that Gilmour Got Milk ad where he has naked cow painted legs and nothing but a jersey and skates on?  And god damn you Marc Messier, you were right, to this day I cannot eat just one Lays chip.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #367 on: February 19, 2014, 08:18:50 PM »
oooooo we are talking hockey! :)

Lindros and forsberg are two great players who put up very similar numbers in their careers the reason forsberg is more favorable than claude or recchi is because he is a way more talented player, I also think he was more talented a player than lindros but that is a biased opinion. But i think its remarkable all of this talk about greats and you guys bring up jagr messier, nigga you even brought up rizzo, Rizzo nigga?! I mean come on i grew up right down the street from the dude, he coached my middle school hockey team and even i have to laugh at this. The fact that you guys brought up all of these players, Tortfeasor you bring up a lemieux and its fucking claude lmao you are nutty dude. Mario Lemieux was better than gretzky and that is a fact also you brought up jagr and one of jagrs nicknames is mario jr so its just funny you guys got this far and never brought up le magnifique and if you really want to get into some shit Mike Bossy was the best and most creative goal scorer in all of hockey history, if injuries didnt take him out he would be the household hockey name that wayne gretzky and lemieux are. Also why doesnt brett hull every get any love is it because he was more power than finesse i never understood.

ps jumping beans, Pavel Bure was a beautiful scorer

Edit: sorry about this post, i got overly excited.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:34:48 PM by waltercronkite »

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #368 on: February 19, 2014, 08:30:50 PM »

Lindros and forsberg are two great players who put up very similar numbers in their careers the reason forsberg is more favorable than claude or recchi is because he is a way more talented player, I also think he was more talented a player than lindros but that is a biased opinion. But i think its remarkable all of this talk about greats and you guys bring up jagr messier, nigga you even brought up rizzo, Rizzo nigga?! I mean come on i grew up right down the street from the dude, he coached my middle school hockey team and even i have to laugh at this. The fact that you guys brought up all of these players, Tortfeasor you bring up a lemieux and its fucking claude lmao you are nutty dude. Mario Lemieux was better than gretzky and that is a fact also you brought up jagr and one of jagrs nicknames is mario jr so its just funny you guys got this far and never brought up le magnifique and if you really want to get into some shit Mike Bossy was the best and most creative goal scorer in all of hockey history, if injuries didnt take him out he would be the household hockey name that wayne gretzky and lemieux are. Also why doesnt brett hull every get any love is it because he was more power than finesse i never understood.

I'm prob gunna get yelled for this from someone but I put Mario Lemieux in the same tier as Gretzky.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #369 on: February 19, 2014, 08:32:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm prob gunna get yelled for this from someone but I put Mario Lemieux in the same tier as Gretzky.

No you wont a lot of people make that mistake ;)

If it makes you feel any better a lot of people dont even know who bossy is and he was a way better goal scorer than gretzky was

Exposure

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #370 on: February 19, 2014, 09:36:13 PM »
Mario Lemieux was better than gretzky and that is a fact

...wow

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #371 on: February 19, 2014, 09:38:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

...wow

what you dont believe it? lets hear it

mario played in 527 less games than gretzky and only had like 200 less goals than gretzky you dont think he could have made up the difference? Gretzky would still have more points as he would most likely still have more assists than lemieux but mario never had the support around him gretzky had either so there you go.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 09:44:06 PM by waltercronkite »

Exposure

« Reply #372 on: February 19, 2014, 09:51:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

...wow
[close]

It's not that I don't believe it, it's just that it's a false statement. Lemieux is one of the all time greats but Gretzky is arguably the best team member of any sport of any era.

Here are the records currently held by Gretzky:

Most points, most goals, most assists, most 60 or more goal seasons, most 100 or more point seasons, highest assists per game average, most points in one season, most goals in one season, longest consecutive assist and goal streaks, most goals in one period, most playoff goals, assists, and points altogether and in a single season, there's way more but these are just the most impressive statistics.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #373 on: February 19, 2014, 10:01:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

...wow
[close]

[close]

It's not that I don't believe it, it's just that it's a false statement. Lemieux is one of the all time greats but Gretzky is arguably the best team member of any sport of any era.

Most points, most goals, most assists, most 60 or more goal seasons, most 100 or more point seasons, highest assists per game average, most points in one season, most goals in one season, longest consecutive assist and goal streaks, most goals in one period, most playoff goals, assists, and points altogether and in a single season, there's way more but these are just the most impressive statistics.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #374 on: February 19, 2014, 10:07:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

...wow
[close]

[close]

he has also played in over 1400 games

both bossy and lemieux would have more goals than gretzky had they continued on and played as many games it would be sickening how many more goals bossy would have and it would be a little more believable a number for lemieux. and i would have to imagine both bossy and lemieux would pass him in most 60 or more goal seasons seeing how lemieux is literally one 60 goal season short with far less seasons played than gretzky like i said the assists would always stand in gretzkys favor but also like i said before gretzky always had a lot of support. As for playoffs same thing gretzky played in over 100 more playoff games than lemieux and only has like forty something more goals than mario. you act like its a blow out by comparing stats but you leave out one big stat the gretzkys longevity alone knocks everybody else out of contention on his stats. But marios goal percentage in both playoffs and regular season blows gretzky out of the water. Gretzky was something special to watch the way he racked up assists got him respect and opened him up for some goals. Mario demanded repsect.

edit: gretzky is tied for most 60 goals or more seasons with bossy and most 50 goals and bossy only play 10 seasons
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 10:29:36 PM by waltercronkite »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #375 on: February 19, 2014, 10:10:45 PM »
Get a room you bunch of fun boys

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #376 on: February 19, 2014, 10:12:16 PM »
oh man...came into this thread expecting to hear stupid shit about a company i hate...

you had me at lindros...

my all time favorite player.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #377 on: February 19, 2014, 10:30:31 PM »
Get a room you bunch of fun boys

we are fun arent we :D

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #378 on: February 19, 2014, 11:51:10 PM »
i never knew lindros actually had fans. he was a soft pussy who couldnt take a hit
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #379 on: February 20, 2014, 01:06:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Tell this tall glass a milk whose most likely allergic to the sun to take notes if he wants to showcase his skating in some bullshit downhill line......
[close]

Do you think dennis hopped on a board when he was 13(?) and could just bomb like that? He's a full grown man who has probably been skating longer than that kid has been alive. Also dennis is a legend in the making. His skill level is a rarity. Not every player in the nhl is eric lindros. Those lines were not life changing but they were fun to watch. I enjoyed the video.
[close]

you must be from philly.  out of any NHL greats, you picked Eric Lindros?  wow.  dude was amazing, but i would think most people would go for Gretzky when talking about hockey greats, or Gordie Howe or Bobby Orr or fuck, even Eruzione would work.  Dude scored the winning goal in the Miracle on Ice, 1980!!!
[close]

I may be biased here, but in his prime, he was great, and would have been one of the true greats if he knew how to keep his head up. He figured since he was 6'4 235 lbs he didn't have to, but he learned real quick that that wasn't the case. I still believe the Forsberg/Lindros trade after the draft was one of the biggest mistakes the Flyers ever made. Forsberg > Lindros 4 ever.
hockey rant over
[close]

I picked lindros for a reason.  Everyone knows Wayne Gretzky.  Even people who have never watched a hockey game in their life know Gretzky.  Only skaters have any idea who Dennis is.  Just like anyone who knows hockey, knows lindros is one of the greats, anyone who knows skating knows that dennis is one of the greats.  I could have used Jager or Messier to prove the point but dennis' agressive badass style and indifference to the politics of skating made lindros seem like the best choice.  although if you really want to get down to it Mike V. is probably the eric lindros of skateboarding.

PS Forsberg was overrated.  the team made him seem better than he really was. BOOM! I SAID IT!

You can't use Dennis' perceived indifference to politics when comparing him to Lindros. Eric sat out the first season after being number one draft pick for the Nordiques because he didn't want to live in a French speaking Provence. He also sat out over contract issues in Philly. Not exactly indifferent to politics. Machine on the ice though.

Saying Forsberg is overrated is crazy talk. The Domi photo above brought back great memories of his ongoing battle with Bob Probert. I used to repetedly watch a game I had taped that had those two going at it over and over again.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #380 on: February 20, 2014, 05:54:28 AM »

I never brought up Eruzione, that was the other guy. that dude was a competent bum who scored a lucky goal on the best international goalie in the world. as for whoever said that Forsberg is overrated compared to CLAUDE LEMIEUX deserves an ass kicking.
It's weird that a bunch of dudes on a skateboard forum seem to know more about hockey than most guys on like hockey sites, makes me feel at home, although some of you should stick to skate debates.
As for Gretzky vs Lemieux, it's hard to compare. In terms of ice vision/hockey knowledge and general awareness of everything going on, Gretzky takes it easily, hence why he's the greatest playmaker of all time. But in terms of ability to dominate a game, create something from nothing, and overall talent, I give it to Lemieux.
I just wish I was old enough to get to see either of them playing during their prime.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #381 on: February 20, 2014, 06:14:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I never brought up Eruzione, that was the other guy. that dude was a competent bum who scored a lucky goal on the best international goalie in the world. as for whoever said that Forsberg is overrated compared to CLAUDE LEMIEUX deserves an ass kicking.
It's weird that a bunch of dudes on a skateboard forum seem to know more about hockey than most guys on like hockey sites, makes me feel at home, although some of you should stick to skate debates.
As for Gretzky vs Lemieux, it's hard to compare. In terms of ice vision/hockey knowledge and general awareness of everything going on, Gretzky takes it easily, hence why he's the greatest playmaker of all time. But in terms of ability to dominate a game, create something from nothing, and overall talent, I give it to Lemieux.
I just wish I was old enough to get to see either of them playing during their prime.
I saw the Oilers play twice in 1984. Gretzky, The Mess, Coffey, Kurri. I was blown away. Ended up playing nearly 14 seasons after that.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #382 on: February 20, 2014, 07:15:10 AM »
Gordie > Wayne

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -602
  • who knows
« Reply #383 on: February 20, 2014, 07:47:13 AM »
Aidan's got that palm fist style down.

Give him grizzly grip, globes and a ghetto gown and everybody would be saying how much they hate him
where is home?

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #384 on: February 20, 2014, 07:51:45 AM »
Gordie > Wayne

no question.

Gordie Howe right now at 85 is probably in better playing shape than Wayne is currently. And he could beat you right handed, and then next shift flip his stick around and do the same thing left handed.
the g.o.a.t.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #385 on: February 20, 2014, 07:53:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Give him grizzly grip, globes and a ghetto gown and everybody would be saying how much they hate him

you could give Jesus that kit and people would fucking hate him...yuck

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #386 on: February 20, 2014, 08:13:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

you could give Jesus that kit and people would fucking hate him...yuck

everyone knows jesus wore ipaths

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #387 on: February 20, 2014, 08:21:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I like what you said here friend. I do agree gretzky had the vision but i think lemieux was just as smart/knowledgeable a player and also like i said a few times gretzky was a great playmaker with an amazing supporting cast. it obviously isnt a fact the lemieux is better i just said that to start some shit but i do like lemieux more but i also like mike bossy the most so whatever really haha

Edit: sorry i blamed you for bringing up eurizone, to whoever did bring him up whatever i said to nigga applies to you now :P
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 08:24:50 AM by waltercronkite »

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #388 on: February 20, 2014, 08:44:39 AM »

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #389 on: February 20, 2014, 08:49:05 AM »
wow, this really took off.  And did I kooked for throwing Eruzione's name out there?!?!  hahaha, i never said he was a "great" just that his name is known among people that dont know hockey, because he scored that goal. 

But Mike Bossy?  Damn.  I grew up in NY around that time in the 80s when the Islanders were a fuckin legendary team.  Bossy, LaFontaine, Potvin, Trottier, Smith.  That was when Potvin had gotten a domestic violence charge or something, and the other teams fans used to yell "Beat your wife, Potvin, beat your wife".  It was kind of fucked up...
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---