Author Topic: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme  (Read 239405 times)

Nigga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
Re: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme
« Reply #390 on: February 20, 2014, 09:10:10 AM »
wow, this really took off.  And did I kooked for throwing Eruzione's name out there?!?!  hahaha, i never said he was a "great" just that his name is known among people that dont know hockey, because he scored that goal.  

But Mike Bossy?  Damn.  I grew up in NY around that time in the 80s when the Islanders were a fuckin legendary team.  Bossy, LaFontaine, Potvin, Trottier, Smith.  That was when Potvin had gotten a domestic violence charge or something, and the other teams fans used to yell "Beat your wife, Potvin, beat your wife".  It was kind of fucked up...

Mike Bossy coached against my team once, when we went to nationals. I was like 15. I shook his hand. good guy, great player.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 09:12:09 AM by Nigga »

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #391 on: February 20, 2014, 09:24:14 AM »
^^^that's awesome.  bossy seems like he'd be cool.  most hockey players seem way more down to earth than other athletes that get mega millions and never spill a drop of blood.  Hockey has always been the realest to me in that sense.
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #392 on: February 20, 2014, 09:26:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Gordie > Wayne
[close]

no question.

Gordie Howe right now at 85 is probably in better playing shape than Wayne is currently. And he could beat you right handed, and then next shift flip his stick around and do the same thing left handed.
the g.o.a.t.
That's why he played with a straight blade.

Talking Mario Lemieux, he was a player with the ability to score and assist at a rate that would have come close to Gtetzky had he not been struck down with Hodgkin's lymphoma (which he played through treatment) but he was a far more physical player and time would have caught up with him before he got close to matching those records. That said, Gretzky would never have been able to do what he did without Marty McSorley or a few other enforcers that had his back when shit got heated.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #393 on: February 20, 2014, 09:43:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Gordie > Wayne
[close]

no question.

Gordie Howe right now at 85 is probably in better playing shape than Wayne is currently. And he could beat you right handed, and then next shift flip his stick around and do the same thing left handed.
the g.o.a.t.
[close]

Talking Mario Lemieux, he was a player with the ability to score and assist at a rate that would have come close to Gtetzky had he not been struck down with Hodgkin's lymphoma (which he played through treatment) but he was a far more physical player and time would have caught up with him before he got close to matching those records. That said, Gretzky would never have been able to do what he did without Marty McSorley or a few other enforcers that had his back when shit got heated.

yeah I know, and he managed to use one until 1980 when he retired, and still managed to put up respectable numbers as a 50 year old man. nobody else could ever do that/will ever do that.
as for Lemieux, you also have to take into account that all while being the most graceful and finesse player out there, he was doing it as a 6'4 240 lb giant.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #394 on: February 20, 2014, 09:44:55 AM »
i think we can all agree that dylan is the jagr of skateboarding
edit: and claude lemieux is the andy roy of hockey for that matter
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 10:00:02 AM by perverted super otaku! »

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #395 on: February 20, 2014, 09:50:39 AM »
all these guys are a sheet of ice away from rollerblading.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #396 on: February 20, 2014, 09:56:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Gordie > Wayne
[close]

no question.

the g.o.a.t.
[close]

[close]

yeah I know, and he managed to use one until 1980 when he retired, and still managed to put up respectable numbers as a 50 year old man. nobody else could ever do that/will ever do that.
as for Lemieux, you also have to take into account that all while being the most graceful and finesse player out there, he was doing it as a 6'4 240 lb giant.
"And do you know what his signing bonus was? A team jacket." Slapshot

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #397 on: February 20, 2014, 10:59:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Gordie > Wayne
[close]

no question.

the g.o.a.t.
[close]

[close]

[close]
"And do you know what his signing bonus was? A team jacket." Slapshot

close, but that was Youngblood. I don't blame you though, that movie is very forgettable.

vancanman

• Rep: 9
« Reply #398 on: February 20, 2014, 11:46:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
oooooo we are talking hockey! :)

Lindros and forsberg are two great players who put up very similar numbers in their careers the reason forsberg is more favorable than claude or recchi is because he is a way more talented player, I also think he was more talented a player than lindros but that is a biased opinion. But i think its remarkable all of this talk about greats and you guys bring up jagr messier, nigga you even brought up rizzo, Rizzo nigga?! I mean come on i grew up right down the street from the dude, he coached my middle school hockey team and even i have to laugh at this. The fact that you guys brought up all of these players, Tortfeasor you bring up a lemieux and its fucking claude lmao you are nutty dude. Mario Lemieux was better than gretzky and that is a fact also you brought up jagr and one of jagrs nicknames is mario jr so its just funny you guys got this far and never brought up le magnifique and if you really want to get into some shit Mike Bossy was the best and most creative goal scorer in all of hockey history, if injuries didnt take him out he would be the household hockey name that wayne gretzky and lemieux are. Also why doesnt brett hull every get any love is it because he was more power than finesse i never understood.

ps jumping beans, Pavel Bure was a beautiful scorer

Edit: sorry about this post, i got overly excited.
[close]

I never brought up Eruzione, that was the other guy. that dude was a competent bum who scored a lucky goal on the best international goalie in the world. as for whoever said that Forsberg is overrated compared to CLAUDE LEMIEUX deserves an ass kicking.
It's weird that a bunch of dudes on a skateboard forum seem to know more about hockey than most guys on like hockey sites, makes me feel at home, although some of you should stick to skate debates.
As for Gretzky vs Lemieux, it's hard to compare. In terms of ice vision/hockey knowledge and general awareness of everything going on, Gretzky takes it easily, hence why he's the greatest playmaker of all time. But in terms of ability to dominate a game, create something from nothing, and overall talent, I give it to Lemieux.
I just wish I was old enough to get to see either of them playing during their prime.
[close]

I like what you said here friend. I do agree gretzky had the vision but i think lemieux was just as smart/knowledgeable a player and also like i said a few times gretzky was a great playmaker with an amazing supporting cast. it obviously isnt a fact the lemieux is better i just said that to start some shit but i do like lemieux more but i also like mike bossy the most so whatever really haha

Edit: sorry i blamed you for bringing up eurizone, to whoever did bring him up whatever i said to nigga applies to you now :P
I've got to give it to Lemieux too as the greatest player of all time. His health was all that held him back. Gretzky needed people around him to let his greatness shine. Lemieux could make it happen all by himself and make big hits. He didn't need someone else on the ice making sure no one touched him.

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #399 on: February 20, 2014, 11:51:44 AM »
omg we get it. You guys are like super straight or something and hate supreme and love ice hockey. fuck off to a Vallely appreesh thread or something you jock fucks.

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #400 on: February 20, 2014, 11:57:39 AM »
omg we get it. You guys are like super straight or something and hate supreme and love ice hockey. fuck off to a Vallely appreesh thread or something you jock fucks.

You're one of the worst posters
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #401 on: February 20, 2014, 12:01:08 PM »

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #402 on: February 20, 2014, 12:05:07 PM »

I've got to give it to Lemieux too as the greatest player of all time. His health was all that held him back. Gretzky needed people around him to let his greatness shine. Lemieux could make it happen all by himself and make big hits. He didn't need someone else on the ice making sure no one touched him.

I'm not going to disagree with you when you say Lemieux could have made it happen all by himself, dude is an easy candidate for GOAT but you cant take away the impact of  having jagr and francis/stevens as your wingmen.

on another note cardiel = mario lemieux?

more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #403 on: February 20, 2014, 12:10:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So are you!!! We've got shit in common.

But seriously this thread should be about highwaters and shit not about some borderline neanderthals sliding around on ice.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #404 on: February 20, 2014, 12:19:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

So are you!!! We've got shit in common.

But seriously this thread should be about highwaters and shit not about some borderline neanderthals sliding around on ice.

what you dont realize is that hockey socks are the future of cool guy skateboarding style.  what do you get when you cross highwaters and colorful overpriced socks? thats right fucker, hockey socks. better buy your CCM stock now because summer 2014 is going to be all about hockey socks
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #405 on: February 20, 2014, 12:38:26 PM »
jagr used to dictate when his line would go on the ice, if he wanted to go on the ice he would sit with his stick blade down if he wasnt ready to go out he would sit with his stick blade facing up. czech-mate was always a looney tune which makes him awesome. plus he is having one hell of a year... old man still has it after all, to bad he wasn't playing like this when he was a bruin

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #406 on: February 20, 2014, 12:50:23 PM »
I don't even like hockey but I am stoked at the direction this thread has taken.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #407 on: February 20, 2014, 12:58:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I like George Hanson, he gets it wrong sometimes but mostly I'm cool with him. I don't hate Supreme and any love I had for Vallely has long disappeared and never had anything to do with his hockey playing, to be honest he's not very good at it.

close, but that was Youngblood. I don't blame you though, that movie is very forgettable.

Damn Nigga, I can't believe I fucked that one up. I doubted myself but went with it.

Steyv Seynystyr hyhy

• Rep: -3
« Reply #408 on: February 20, 2014, 01:09:33 PM »
gon fuck finland up tomorrow

Harem

« Reply #409 on: February 20, 2014, 05:25:47 PM »
I've started following hockey this season after I found out my parents good friend has a son who plays for Chicago Blackhawks :D

Phil

• Rep: -48
« Reply #410 on: February 20, 2014, 05:52:00 PM »
Know JVR through a friend. Used to throw Flyers tickets our way often.

Go Devils though.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 06:05:03 PM by Phil »

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #411 on: February 20, 2014, 05:56:09 PM »
Know JVR through a friend used to throw Flyers tickets our way often.

Go Devils though.

NAH

Yu Dum

« Reply #412 on: February 20, 2014, 09:49:36 PM »
Man, this thread took a turn for the strange with all this hockey talk.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #413 on: February 20, 2014, 11:13:17 PM »
Man, this thread took a turn for the strange with all this hockey talk.

seriously. if only it were 'honkey' talk. I'd definitely still not know what the fuck we're talking about.

ohhhhhh! it's cherry cause it's red!

TheDonutFather

• Rep: -3
    • DOUBLE DONUTS. avatar image
« Reply #414 on: February 21, 2014, 02:33:57 AM »
all these guys are a sheet of ice away from rollerblading.

Best post in this thread and it ain't even on topic. Mind=blown.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #415 on: February 21, 2014, 05:08:19 AM »
I didn't realize so many people on here took interest in organized sports.

A.J.K.

« Reply #416 on: February 21, 2014, 09:31:27 AM »

I know, it's like they're forgetting skateboarders can only be into skateboarding.

Guwop

• Rep: 76
« Reply #417 on: February 21, 2014, 12:16:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know, it's like they're forgetting skateboarders can only be into skateboarding.

amazing!

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #418 on: February 22, 2014, 01:41:28 AM »
i never knew lindros actually had fans. he was a soft pussy who couldnt take a hit

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #419 on: February 22, 2014, 03:54:58 AM »
As an Australian that knows nothing about hockey, can I just say that is a fucking huge trophy. Compare to Australia's recent victory to regain the ashes (cricket)