Author Topic: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme  (Read 239414 times)

Rutger Hauer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -25
Re: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme
« Reply #1050 on: March 21, 2014, 01:11:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Shit feels like mid 90's again.
[close]

How so?  And be specific.  What years exactly?  

It's just me, the feeling, watching skate vids the first time. It's not a 90's video if you thought that. Good shit. Paid kids on the streets skating and having a good time. Cocky? Hell yea. You ned a little nerve to be good. You guys would get it if you got of the couch sometimes. Hahaa.
"I don't know what my appeal is. I can see I've got blue eyes and don't look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame but I can't understand the fuss."

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #1051 on: March 21, 2014, 01:18:03 PM »
Just finished watching it and if you didn't like it then cool that's up to you but I'd disagree with you. I say it's provocative and gave me the feeling you used to get outta some videos where if you saw the guys in the video at the spot you'd be intimidated enough to question if you wanted to hit the spot or just keep rolling.

Reese Forbes was fucking sick.

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1052 on: March 21, 2014, 01:31:43 PM »
It was good.

Team Handsome were all good.

All those kids dress like alcoholic dads from the 1950s.

I predict they are skating in zoot suits by end of the year.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #1053 on: March 21, 2014, 01:38:19 PM »

who the fuck is this kid?

and who is the outsider at 20mins, so unusual.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 01:39:53 PM by pointandclick »

piece of shit, straight up.

• Rep: -182
« Reply #1054 on: March 21, 2014, 01:47:48 PM »
It was good.

Stupid.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1055 on: March 21, 2014, 01:51:37 PM »
Pops sucks. There i said it.

Was this suppose to make converse feel bad about dropping him? if anything it proved their point.

ohhyess

• Rep: -43
« Reply #1056 on: March 21, 2014, 01:55:52 PM »
It was good.

the truth

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #1057 on: March 21, 2014, 02:01:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't know why people are getting pissed off like they were promised the new Questionable or Animal Chin.
[close]

That's what I was thinking. It's a shop video/supreme commercial, guys, calm down.

Overall I really liked it. Need to rewatch it a few times though, for everything to sink in.

Dylan fucking killed it. Guy and Koston footage was a pleasant surprise.

Those FA kids pretty much killed it too, but I'm having a hard time telling them apart. I know the dude with the afro is Nakel and the sort of poster boy is Tyshawn. I thought the ginger kid was Kevin, but from what I can tell (google) he is Aiden, so who the fuck is Kevin?

whatever though.

[close]

so you googled aiden mackey, but couldn't google kevin bradley?
[close]

Ok, just did that, and now I'm even more confused. I thought that was Tyshawn. Well, now I'm over it, they're just "those FA kids".
[close]

tyshawn is the smaller one. kevin is skating a cliche board a lot of the time. it is hard to tell them apart though.

the biggest criticism i have with the video is the large amount of long lens feet fliming. it really made it hard to tell who was who.
[close]

not really, Bradley is goofy and Tyshawn is regular.

and Bradley is taller, lighter skin, and has a completely different face...

tom

• Rep: -10
« Reply #1058 on: March 21, 2014, 02:03:12 PM »

Was this suppose to make converse feel bad about dropping him? if anything it proved their point.

I'm sure converse are pretty pleased with this video as a whole. they had shitloads of free screen time via sage and sean pablo and now every kid who wants to be those guys is going to be skating in chuck taylors for the next year at least.

on the subject of pops though, that clip of him making fun of the crackhead was lame as hell. he had about 15 seconds of skate footage and two minutes of being a prick to a stranger for no reason. cool.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 02:05:52 PM by tom »

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1059 on: March 21, 2014, 02:11:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm sure converse are pretty pleased with this video as a whole. they had shitloads of free screen time via sage and sean pablo and now every kid who wants to be those guys is going to be skating in chuck taylors for the next year at least.

on the subject of pops though, that clip of him making fun of the crackhead was lame as hell. he had about 15 seconds of skate footage and two minutes of being a prick to a stranger for no reason. cool.

I did find this scene very disturbing and not at all cool. Pops really does come off as a dick sometimes. It just feels weird that a guy who completely goes off on Converse about why they dropped him and how hes still relevant yet has 3 tricks and one disturbing scene in his latest video since fully flared. Your telling me from fully flared until now he has no footage yet wanted a pro shoe?? I hope he really does have footy saved to prove me wrong but it makes that jenkem interview seem pointless.

Caretaker

« Reply #1060 on: March 21, 2014, 03:06:06 PM »
Making a bunch of gifs(in avatar size).  if you got a request post it up fuccboi (just give the time it happens in the video so i can find it).

« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 03:33:49 PM by Caretaker »

Laban Fetus

« Reply #1061 on: March 21, 2014, 03:28:39 PM »
Mentioned it before but I fucking love this shot.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 404
« Reply #1062 on: March 21, 2014, 03:35:51 PM »
You know when Gonz is going harder than you at 45 that you need to step it up. It's not surprising that the most influential skater of all time can still throw down though. Did anyone see that backtail on a ledge he does towards the end super nonchalantly?

Yup, that was so effortless...

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #1063 on: March 21, 2014, 03:42:19 PM »
That video was great. Definitely worth the $20

Fugga

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1064 on: March 21, 2014, 03:43:47 PM »
these kids are skating nyc streets and having fun as a crew while you guys argue about how they dress and what tricks they do on an internet forum. they win, you lose.

pepperpotts

• Rep: -33
« Reply #1065 on: March 21, 2014, 04:00:12 PM »
dylan rieder has to be weight training with some of the best cause dude is like he man on a skateboard.. and best clip goes to alex olson yanking that dudes bag all the while looking like tom cruise from born on the fourth of july

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #1066 on: March 21, 2014, 04:18:28 PM »

yes that was my favorite too.  Bill just has that eye to capture good shots.  If this was a board graphic id cop +1

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #1067 on: March 21, 2014, 04:31:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
yes that was my favorite too.  Bill just has that eye to capture good shots.  If this was a board graphic id cop +1

made me think of the shining twins

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1068 on: March 21, 2014, 04:35:46 PM »
I liked it.

phillip dominguez

• Rep: 15
« Reply #1069 on: March 21, 2014, 04:41:54 PM »
Did Dill come through with a decent amount of stuff?   Thought AVE had said Dill was using all his footage for this and not the Vans vid. 

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1070 on: March 21, 2014, 04:43:40 PM »
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about Sage, his ride-on grind to wallie was one of my favorite clips in the video and the 5050 up the rail into the bank was fucked.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #1071 on: March 21, 2014, 04:50:31 PM »
Can I get a pm with the link?

Please and Thank you.

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

Yu Dum

« Reply #1072 on: March 21, 2014, 04:55:54 PM »
I enjoyed it. The courthouse section had me saying "DAMN!" aloud.

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1073 on: March 21, 2014, 05:25:09 PM »
Nakel>Kevin>tyshawn>sage>aiden>Sean Pablo

Nakel really killed it. That hardflip down the double set and his gap to feeble were absolutely insane

Kevin's kickflip was fucked and tyshawn had some gnar shit

Sean Pablo had some ok tricks but his style is just atrocious

The courthouse footage was just unbelievable. Nollie hardflip??

Dylan's footage was really fucking good

AO had some good shit but his little temper tantrum with the elderly dude ruined his footage. So fucking what if he asked the dude to move nicely, he was probably too old to understand that Alex was trying to skate that shit. Even if he did, who gives a fuck he doesn't owe Alex shit and seeing him flip out and grab his shit like that was mind blowing that someone his age could act so childishly. He's going to learn a very, very hard lesson at some point if he keeps behaving so pathetically.

Koston had some sick shit. His lipslide one foot on the bench was cool. Pops' footy was literally shit we all could do and the scene with him and the dude smoking was fucked, if fucking with the less fortunate is something him and stroebeck find amusing that's disgusting.

Dill had some super sick footage and some hilarious footage too, he was a treat.

One thing that would have made the video literally a million times better is if everyone had an individual part. Especially for the FA kids, having an individual part in this would greatly help create an image for themselves and distinguish themselves from one another. Sometimes defying convention isn't a good thing, stroebeck.

Gonz had some really great footage, crazy how he's still skating at that caliber at his age.

Overall this video really did make me want to skate. I liked it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 05:27:17 PM by Exposure »
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

Soggy

• Rep: -29
« Reply #1074 on: March 21, 2014, 05:33:43 PM »

One thing that would have made the video literally a million times better is if everyone had an individual part. Especially for the FA kids, having an individual part in this would greatly help create an image for themselves and distinguish themselves from one another. Sometimes defying convention isn't a good thing, stroebeck.

i think this is one reason i enjoyed it so much. it was essentially an extended montage.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #1075 on: March 21, 2014, 05:38:49 PM »
AO had some good shit but his little temper tantrum with the elderly dude ruined his footage. So fucking what if he asked the dude to move nicely, he was probably too old to understand that Alex was trying to skate that shit. Even if he did, who gives a fuck he doesn't owe Alex shit and seeing him flip out and grab his shit like that was mind blowing that someone his age could act so childishly. He's going to learn a very, very hard lesson at some point if he keeps behaving so pathetically.

That shit was super lame.

thetrza

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1076 on: March 21, 2014, 05:58:27 PM »
PM the link please

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #1077 on: March 21, 2014, 06:29:52 PM »
i guess i have to do this every time a highly anticipated video comes out: all you n00bs with barely any posts asking for links aren't getting shit. you can't just join a forum when something big is hitting the internet and expect people to actually hook you up. you are nothing here. you are simply a bottom-feeding leech trying to come up without putting in any damn work whatsoever. no one here knows you or gives a shit about your requests.

(and fuckheads, there's already links and youtube rips posted in this thread. do yourself a favor and find them yourself).

Soggy

• Rep: -29
« Reply #1078 on: March 21, 2014, 06:42:05 PM »
Refreshing. Makes me wanna go skate. AO's tree wallie line and Dylan. Always admired Strobeck's work.  

i gasped during this

foureyedjim

« Reply #1079 on: March 21, 2014, 07:01:09 PM »
i guess i have to do this every time a highly anticipated video comes out: all you n00bs with barely any posts asking for links aren't getting shit. you can't just join a forum when something big is hitting the internet and expect people to actually hook you up. you are nothing here. you are simply a bottom-feeding leech trying to come up without putting in any damn work whatsoever. no one here knows you or gives a shit about your requests.

(and fuckheads, there's already links and youtube rips posted in this thread. do yourself a favor and find them yourself).

damn.