Author Topic: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme  (Read 239421 times)

Laban Fetus

Re: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme
« Reply #1350 on: March 27, 2014, 03:18:22 PM »
What mag is this from?

Gnars if anyone has a  blown-up version I can read.

Aatila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #1351 on: March 27, 2014, 03:59:29 PM »
What mag is this from?

i keep thinking thats sneeze magazine but i guess its not oh well heres some old interviews in case no one has read em pretty interesting stuff considering whats going on now

http://www.sneezemag.com/ave-dill/

http://www.sneezemag.com/sage-elsesser/

Kitto Horsley

« Reply #1352 on: March 27, 2014, 04:56:34 PM »
Expand Quote
What mag is this from?

[close]

i keep thinking thats sneeze magazine but i guess its not oh well heres some old interviews in case no one has read em pretty interesting stuff considering whats going on now

http://www.sneezemag.com/ave-dill/

http://www.sneezemag.com/sage-elsesser/

It's from beat, a london based music magazine.  The interviewer just asks pretty bland questions.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #1353 on: March 27, 2014, 05:12:47 PM »
I definitely think Pops is filming for something else. As far as the tricks in "Cherry" go, I feel like along with rest of the Supreme guys, he has adopted the attitude of skating how he wants and not caring. Strobeck probably knows this being good friends with Pops and is filming what he sees as a whole hearted trick from Pappalardo. I also think that with what happened at the end of 2012 with Converse, or whatever happened has a lot to do with whatever Pops is or isn't able to contribute on a camera. But skating and being involved with a project like "Cherry" is definitely productive and an honest attempt to be a part of something. Just because a small role is played in a big movie or production does not mean that it is not significant. Who am I to say that what was filmed by Pops is not worthy? I was so happy to see him in a big production, knowing that a lot of the most relevant skateboarders who I really enjoy watching have his back and are skating with him.

Now I await the backlash from some of the fellow SLAP posters?.
Adopted!? He invented it you fucking idiots! and now that these kids have mastered it why would he waste our time!
smh

Jack Klompis

• Rep: 53
  • you want the pen??
« Reply #1354 on: March 27, 2014, 06:30:17 PM »
HA!! that shit looks like its in teen beat or something
look who's eating dinner at 6 o'clock

yapple dapple

« Reply #1355 on: March 27, 2014, 06:38:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
CHERRY WAS RAD ENOUGH SAID YOU BLOCKHEADS
[close]

Blockhead is a great brand.
[close]
my first board was a blockhead in 92. i got heckled for that and months later for my new school everslicks' bridgebolts and my cut off airwalks. i've always been out of step but i learned how to slam on hills on that old blockhead.
[close]
So did Rick Howard and Jeremy Wray.

Jason Dill rode for Blockhead

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #1356 on: March 28, 2014, 12:11:30 AM »
It's weird because part of me wants to kill these kids for being so vein and indulgent and handsome and the other part of me is terribly jealous because I can't live the life they're living and I'm 25 and short and have a receding hairline. Talk about a catch 22.

fookya

• Rep: -12
« Reply #1357 on: March 28, 2014, 07:35:01 AM »
I really liked this video, good shit all around. Koston needs to show up for chronicles 3 though, all these clips he's had in recent years are such a tease.

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1358 on: March 28, 2014, 12:19:19 PM »
its back up http://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/the-making-of-cherry/

any word on the other thrasher feature that disappeared? i think it was like bonus footage

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #1359 on: March 28, 2014, 12:25:18 PM »
It's weird because part of me wants to kill these kids for being so vein and indulgent and handsome and the other part of me is terribly jealous because I can't live the life they're living and I'm 25 and short and have a receding hairline. Talk about a catch 22.

The funny thing is I actually think they're okay  but I really really hate the way people fetishize everything they do. If people weren't so overly enthusiastic I'd probably be less inclined to hate on some of this stuff. Cherry was a good video just don't act like it was the second coming of Jesus Christ.

m477

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1360 on: March 28, 2014, 12:28:49 PM »
Good vid, great skating. However, while watching on a 46" screen in 1080p, I feel the long lens filming was much too close, I wasn't stoked on the constant panning from head shot to ankles and board,almost gave a dizzying effect (or was that the beer). Pretty Sweet suffered the same way.

Aidan Clarke

• Rep: -122
« Reply #1361 on: March 28, 2014, 12:38:38 PM »
Sucks that all the full lenth vid links are down now.
#crackkka

BBM: 79DEA941, fuck with me sheffledge

dillanharp

« Reply #1362 on: March 28, 2014, 01:59:01 PM »
Good vid, great skating. However, while watching on a 46" screen in 1080p, I feel the long lens filming was much too close, I wasn't stoked on the constant panning from head shot to ankles and board,almost gave a dizzying effect (or was that the beer). Pretty Sweet suffered the same way.
That shit's not 1080p. Max resolution for a dvd is 480p, so you're getting a stretched out, distorted image if you aren't watching in letterbox.

I got my copy today, they threw in a giant poster and a few stickers.  I feel like they could have bound the book to the dvd "case" though, because now I'm just going to eventually lose it.

I'll watch later after the kid's asleep.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 02:01:58 PM by Nallid »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1363 on: March 28, 2014, 02:44:52 PM »
Any bonus shit on the DVD?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #1364 on: March 28, 2014, 02:48:55 PM »
Any bonus shit on the DVD?
nope just straight put in and press play no chapter menu or nothing.  you can skip tho

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #1365 on: March 28, 2014, 07:49:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That shit's not 1080p. Max resolution for a dvd is 480p, so you're getting a stretched out, distorted image if you aren't watching in letterbox.

I got my copy today, they threw in a giant poster and a few stickers.  I feel like they could have bound the book to the dvd "case" though, because now I'm just going to eventually lose it.

Unless you play that in a Blu-Ray player with upconversion, even though it's still not HD

m477

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1366 on: March 28, 2014, 08:36:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You get full HD with iTunes, it looks sick through my Apple TV
[/URL]

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #1367 on: March 28, 2014, 08:43:42 PM »
Speaking of HD, did anyone buy the HD version off iTunes and wanna share a fucking link

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #1368 on: March 28, 2014, 08:57:35 PM »
Speaking of HD, did anyone buy the HD version off iTunes and wanna share a fucking link

get your C.R.E.A.M. game up and buy it yourself you broke motherfucker

mfkream

« Reply #1369 on: March 29, 2014, 12:42:38 AM »
After watching this video 4 or 5 times now I really have to commend Strobeck on his direction and editing. Nobody can say Gonz or Dill or Guy aren't incredible contributors to skateboarding but certain parts of their lives and personalities that we've been exposed to have kind of tainted their image.

In this video they're all so well presented where, we know it's still them.. they're not being fake or different it's just fine tuning of the clips shown and how they're used.

I kinda want to thank him for giving us our heroes back.

UL8

• Rep: 29
« Reply #1370 on: March 29, 2014, 01:03:50 AM »
After watching this video 4 or 5 times now I really have to commend Strobeck on his direction and editing. Nobody can say Gonz or Dill or Guy aren't incredible contributors to skateboarding but certain parts of their lives and personalities that we've been exposed to have kind of tainted their image.

In this video they're all so well presented where, we know it's still them.. they're not being fake or different it's just fine tuning of the clips shown and how they're used.

Totally agree. I think Storbeck's film making ability goes beyond skating, but also translates very well to skating. I'd like to see a completely non skate related film from him (maybe he's made some and I just haven't seen them).

mfkream

« Reply #1371 on: March 29, 2014, 01:16:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Totally agree. I think Storbeck's film making ability goes beyond skating, but also translates very well to skating. I'd like to see a completely non skate related film from him (maybe he's made some and I just haven't seen them).

Yeah he's got incredible instincts. The comedic timing on the guy calling Gonz out for the wallride, then he lets it go just long enough so you forget about it then he's painting the wall.. that's masterful.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #1372 on: March 29, 2014, 02:34:19 AM »
Can we just change the title so this is another Pappalardo thread now?

I'm quoting 'cause I don't want to get blasted for bringing it up, but this is from today and is heaps better than any of the budget things he did in cherry:

[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #1373 on: March 29, 2014, 02:45:29 AM »
^ my man Toady is back on the Pops fap-train. u gotta luv it!

and if you guys thought what big, bad Alex Chandon did to that old guy was ruff, then you're all about to lose your shit

Angry Old Mad Man Vs. Skateboarder Fight Loses Temper

i missed the premiere in LA last week, was able to download it the next day, but still waited to watch it till my dvd came in (which was today). can't believe i didn't cave in. definitely worth the wait.

i'm hyped on it. gonna be enjoying multiple views this weekend.

go out there and buy it, brokebois.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1374 on: March 29, 2014, 04:20:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

get your C.R.E.A.M. game up and buy it yourself you broke motherfucker

HAHAHA! That's exactly right and well said my Philly brother. Gnar'd.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1375 on: March 29, 2014, 04:25:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Can we just change the title so this is another Pappalardo thread now?
[close]

I'm quoting 'cause I don't want to get blasted for bringing it up, but this is from today and is heaps better than any of the budget things he did in cherry: http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/f5b9014ab6e111e386c30e77cf9111d5_8.jpg

That's a nice looking spot. Not to belabor the point on Poppalardo anymore because honestly I don't feel he's even remotely worthy of discussion...he's just another guy in a long list that flamed out too early...but I almost felt sorry for him when I saw what he had in "cherry"..to the point that I wondered why Strobeck would even do that to his own film.

And that one Pretty Sweet promo when Pops only contribution was eating shit trying to kicklip over a plastic domed thing.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #1376 on: March 29, 2014, 08:57:28 AM »
finally watched the dvd it last nite with my girlfriend. should i start wearing highwaters now? j/k
i like the "old guy" section, natch . everyone knew this already but strobeck knows how to make skating look cool as fuck

FUSE

• Rep: -20
    • Beats avatar image
« Reply #1377 on: March 29, 2014, 01:21:47 PM »
Rad video.  Just watched it this morning.  Intro was tight.  Tyshawn Jones and Nakel Smith are sick.  Good soundtrack.  I like the overall vibe a lot.  Something non-jock about it.  Felt like being in the streets.

Guwop

• Rep: 76
« Reply #1378 on: March 29, 2014, 01:56:32 PM »
Someone might've mentioned it earlier but anyone notice there was no Shawn Powers footage?

Aidan Clarke

• Rep: -122
« Reply #1379 on: March 29, 2014, 02:50:51 PM »
Someone might've mentioned it earlier but anyone notice there was no Shawn Powers footage?

Maybe not here, hut on Olson s tumblr a few days ago. He responded like.,' why can't you just be happy with the way it was put out'
#crackkka

BBM: 79DEA941, fuck with me sheffledge