Author Topic: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme  (Read 239417 times)

Barry Dingle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 46
Re: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme
« Reply #1380 on: March 29, 2014, 03:18:34 PM »
Someone might've mentioned it earlier but anyone notice there was no Shawn Powers footage?

you aint gonna mix yo side bitch in wit ya main bitches. when all his main bitches are away in LA, fat bill call in his side bitches to film with.

garrett hill - welcome to threat

tom

• Rep: -10
« Reply #1381 on: March 29, 2014, 05:24:58 PM »
Someone might've mentioned it earlier but anyone notice there was no Shawn Powers footage?

this sort of bummed me out too. All around there was a serious lack of anybody who is actually from new york.

era

« Reply #1382 on: March 29, 2014, 06:09:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can we just change the title so this is another Pappalardo thread now?
[close]

I'm quoting 'cause I don't want to get blasted for bringing it up, but this is from today and is heaps better than any of the budget things he did in cherry: http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/f5b9014ab6e111e386c30e77cf9111d5_8.jpg
[close]

That's a nice looking spot. Not to belabor the point on Poppalardo anymore because honestly I don't feel he's even remotely worthy of discussion...he's just another guy in a long list that flamed out too early...but I almost felt sorry for him when I saw what he had in "cherry"..to the point that I wondered why Strobeck would even do that to his own film.

And that one Pretty Sweet promo when Pops only contribution was eating shit trying to kicklip over a plastic domed thing.
Completely agree.  Pop's footage was pathetic. I felt bad watching it. He should start pursuing another profession.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1383 on: March 29, 2014, 06:29:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm quoting 'cause I don't want to get blasted for bringing it up, but this is from today and is heaps better than any of the budget things he did in cherry: http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/f5b9014ab6e111e386c30e77cf9111d5_8.jpg
[close]

That's a nice looking spot. Not to belabor the point on Poppalardo anymore because honestly I don't feel he's even remotely worthy of discussion...he's just another guy in a long list that flamed out too early...but I almost felt sorry for him when I saw what he had in "cherry"..to the point that I wondered why Strobeck would even do that to his own film.

And that one Pretty Sweet promo when Pops only contribution was eating shit trying to kicklip over a plastic domed thing.
[close]
Completely agree.  Pop's footage was pathetic. I felt bad watching it. He should start pursuing another profession.

Where is the footage of the skinny metal 50-50 from last summer? Gnar to whoever produces the picture.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1384 on: March 29, 2014, 06:31:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

does he still do woodworking or has he gave up on the too??

juhzden

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1385 on: March 29, 2014, 08:52:24 PM »

Or Black Dave

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #1386 on: March 30, 2014, 12:42:29 AM »
^ my man Toady is back on the Pops fap-train. u gotta luv it!

and if you guys thought what big, bad Alex Chandon did to that old guy was ruff, then you're all about to lose your shit

Angry Old Mad Man Vs. Skateboarder Fight Loses Temper

i missed the premiere in LA last week, was able to download it the next day, but still waited to watch it till my dvd came in (which was today). can't believe i didn't cave in. definitely worth the wait.

i'm hyped on it. gonna be enjoying multiple views this weekend.

go out there and buy it, brokebois.

Fuck that guy and every single skaters that think every building belongs to them.... If I skate a spot and someone ask me to leave I do. We're fucking social barazites.

silkyjohnson

« Reply #1387 on: March 30, 2014, 03:26:54 AM »
Fuck Paul Machnau

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #1388 on: March 30, 2014, 09:52:26 AM »
finally watched the dvd it last nite with my girlfriend. should i start wearing highwaters now? j/k
My tee shirt hasn't been untucked for a week. Mid thirties fan boi right here  ;)

trebb

• Rep: -7
« Reply #1389 on: March 30, 2014, 11:12:35 AM »
anyone got any links?

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #1390 on: March 30, 2014, 12:06:13 PM »
Expand Quote
finally watched the dvd it last nite with my girlfriend. should i start wearing highwaters now? j/k
[close]
My tee shirt hasn't been untucked for a week. Mid thirties fan boi right here  ;)
T shirt tucking has reached ohio. Just saw a 13 year old with a tucked in T.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #1391 on: March 30, 2014, 12:06:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Completely agree.� Pop's footage was pathetic. I felt bad watching it. He should start pursuing another profession.
[close]

does he still do woodworking or has he gave up on the too??

SORRY, DAD!
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

dillanharp

« Reply #1392 on: March 30, 2014, 12:55:53 PM »
I really, really liked this video. Glad I got a physical copy of it. Could have used some structure I guess, maybe name a few people since I'm old and don't know who some of the kids are. I don't know the difference between Sean Pablo and Sage. The only way I can tell Tyshawn from Kevin is the shoes.

I got really hyped on the soundtrack.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #1393 on: March 30, 2014, 01:46:43 PM »
I really, really liked this video. Glad I got a physical copy of it. Could have used some structure I guess, maybe name a few people since I'm old and don't know who some of the kids are. I don't know the difference between Sean Pablo and Sage. The only way I can tell Tyshawn from Kevin is the shoes.

you can tell the difference between shoes, but not a white kid and a black kid?

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #1394 on: March 30, 2014, 02:30:01 PM »
Hoping to see some type of behind the scenes or B-sides type edit(s) coming out soon...

wheee!

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1395 on: March 30, 2014, 02:41:10 PM »
Hoping to see some type of behind the scenes or B-sides type edit(s) coming out soon...

You prolly won't

dillanharp

« Reply #1396 on: March 30, 2014, 03:17:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I meant I don't know which one is which. Which one looks like a lesbian raver?

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #1397 on: March 30, 2014, 03:33:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That would be Sean Pablo

Aidan Clarke

• Rep: -122
« Reply #1398 on: March 30, 2014, 03:55:32 PM »
http://youtube.com/?#/watch?v=xk6JPNKdxtI

Here's the 20 seconds of pops footage, I figured someone on here wouldb appreciate it.
#crackkka

BBM: 79DEA941, fuck with me sheffledge

foureyedjim

« Reply #1399 on: March 31, 2014, 12:32:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

That would be Sean Pablo

OMG IT'S THAT GIRL FROM SCHOOL OF ROCK ICARLY

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1400 on: March 31, 2014, 06:14:58 AM »
I got my copy today, they threw in a giant poster and a few stickers.  I feel like they could have bound the book to the dvd "case" though, because now I'm just going to eventually lose it.

fuck. mine didnt come with a poster! i didnt even go into the shop and im getting vibed out.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1401 on: March 31, 2014, 06:29:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

That would be Sean Pablo

woah I totally banged that chick! had a mad bush and a HUGE clit and said her name was shauna murphy....wait... damn... #yolo

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #1402 on: March 31, 2014, 10:13:14 AM »
Finally saw "Cherry" after not being too excited for it, I really was trying not to buy into the hype. I don't agree with a lot of skaters now days biting the pro's style so hard, like tucked in wife beaters and fake style. But I do think that movements like what has been going on is going to spread a larger style to skating. Wear weird shit if you like it, and do tricks that you like. Just do it in your own way, not exactly like Dylan does it. It's not bad to express yourself, genuinely anyway.

Anyway, the video was amazing. Way better then I expected. I fucking love Nakel, Keven, and Tyshawn (sp?). Watching them kill the courthouse drop really made me want to get in on that session and try something. It was so raw, the kids just sessioning it.

coop D.O.G.G.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
  • I'm thirsty
« Reply #1403 on: March 31, 2014, 10:36:56 AM »
Anyone find any easter eggs or anything on the DVD. Kinda regretting buying a DVD that has no bonus or extras to entice those who spend the money. All I got that was different from my download was a booklet full of mistimed pictures and glamour shots of dylan, alex olson, pablo. etc.
and here comes coop dogg.....................

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #1404 on: March 31, 2014, 10:43:02 AM »
Someone wanna be kind and PM the link. I know im kinda late but fuck it.

Gary Coleman

« Reply #1405 on: March 31, 2014, 01:46:36 PM »
did you really expect Supreme to have bonus features on their video

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1406 on: March 31, 2014, 01:52:27 PM »
All I got that was different from my download was a booklet full of mistimed pictures and glamour shots of dylan, alex olson, pablo. etc.

seriously cringe worthy
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

piece of shit, straight up.

• Rep: -182
« Reply #1407 on: March 31, 2014, 02:57:34 PM »
Pretty sure I saw Sean Pablo bootlegging Lilith Fair tickets in that very outfit.

He's here all night.

foureyedjim

« Reply #1408 on: March 31, 2014, 04:11:51 PM »
Just realized the "FA kit" sort of resembles Shinji from Evangelion (nerding out rn)

edit: was bored
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:49:15 PM by foureyedjim »

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1409 on: March 31, 2014, 04:21:33 PM »
Just realized the "FA kit" sort of resembles Shinji from Evangelion (nerding out rn)

lol!