Author Topic: Adidas of Reebok  (Read 1808 times)

Ghost Face

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 112
Adidas of Reebok
« on: August 12, 2021, 11:03:28 PM »
Got sold - https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/12/adidas-strikes-deal-to-sell-reebok-to-authentic-brands-group.html

Now owned by the same company that has Vision and Airwalk.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
Re: Adidas of Reebok
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 03:15:09 AM »
They've struggled to keep the reebok outlets open out here in Orlando.  Have scooped tons of iversons and club cs for dirt cheap

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 05:56:28 AM »

Reebok has been trying super hard recently pulling out all the stops, carbi b, power rangers, peppa pig, dime, palace.  But their shoes are constantly on sale. Idk of Reebok’s have been “cool” in the mainstream sense for a while.

Just make a skate team, make it easy for shops to get accounts and ride that wave for relevancy

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 07:39:57 AM »

Reebok has been trying super hard recently pulling out all the stops, carbi b, power rangers, peppa pig, dime, palace.  But their shoes are constantly on sale. Idk of Reebok’s have been “cool” in the mainstream sense for a while.

Just make a skate team, make it easy for shops to get accounts and ride that wave for relevancy

Maybe adidas will treat Reebok like Nike did to Converse, and make them relevant again in a way that the old company never could.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1310
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2021, 07:44:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Maybe adidas will treat Reebok like Nike did to Converse, and make them relevant again in a way that the old company never could.
Did you even read the post or link? Adidas sold reebok.

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2021, 08:37:25 AM »
Shops have always been able to order Reeboks through their Adidas account from what my local told me. Its just theres a small niche of skaters who would buy them.

Unless you follow Bronze, Palace, or a fan of Kareem Campbell trilogy part most people wouldn't know how good they skate. Just gotta make the stitching on the Club C toe box more durable and its the perfect cupsole. 

artskool

• Rep: 31
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2021, 10:51:31 AM »
Authentic brands is a graveyard. I'm guessing they're mostly sitting on all of these brands to unload or license out to Chinese companies. Reebok has been hurting forever, this is the last nail in the coffin.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2021, 11:20:18 AM »
Reebok of pump?

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
  • Get bent
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2021, 12:06:31 PM »
Love Reebok, just picked up some beatniks on hella discount to chill in, hopefully I can grab a bunch of club cs before they go out
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2021, 12:14:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I misread the post as implying that Reebok was just sold to adidas. I get it now, they’re essentially a Payless brand.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2021, 12:51:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

No, people don't do that anymore, they just try to get their hot take in while the news is piping

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 216
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2021, 02:15:31 PM »

One of my favourite shoes!

But yeah, they are always on sale at the outlet for dirt cheap. I love it.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2021, 02:24:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

No, people don't do that anymore, they just try to get their hot take in while the news is piping

You seek difficult as a person.

Consistently difficult.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1184
  • old and in the way
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2021, 02:29:19 PM »
That's too bad Adidas couldn't make Reebok work. I live in NYC and you definitely see plenty of Club Cs in the wild. Not necessarily just skaters but also artsy kids. They're a really nice looking shoe. After seeing a photo of Jerry Hsu in a pair I had high hopes of a possible Reebok skate team with him as the veteran presence, but it seems as though Authentic is where things go to die.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2021, 06:28:29 PM »
Guess I’ll wait for the iverson I want to go on sale then..
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2021, 07:58:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

My piping hot take that maybe Adidas could do something with Reebok, because I misunderstand the OP?

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2021, 08:23:50 PM »
That's too bad Adidas couldn't make Reebok work. I live in NYC and you definitely see plenty of Club Cs in the wild. Not necessarily just skaters but also artsy kids. They're a really nice looking shoe. After seeing a photo of Jerry Hsu in a pair I had high hopes of a possible Reebok skate team with him as the veteran presence, but it seems as though Authentic is where things go to die.

it's a bummer I also always thought they were two steps from a team a la NB. There's just one guy who arranges all the collabs with Bronze and sends SP shoes, I think
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2021, 08:31:50 PM »
Reissue the stevie williams RBK. Had a lot of potential.

Someone post a pic. I’m too stupid.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2021, 09:32:36 PM »

I skated dgk clubs earlier this year. Great shoe better toe cap than the regular club c. Slightly more chunky but it’s an old design.

Also skated a pair of these (they feel just like the regular clubs)

As much as I’d like Reebok skateboarding to be a  thing, I don’t mind buying clubs on clearance, It’s probably my most consistent shoe.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2021, 02:07:16 AM »
Guess I’ll wait for the iverson I want to go on sale then..

Footlocker had some  IVs for like 50 bucks earlier this year I couldn't believe it

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2021, 02:11:02 AM »
I wish the sole and upper didn't become so squishy and unsupportive so quickly on Club C's

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2021, 06:28:45 AM »
Some of the dime and bronze 56k collabs were epic....

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2021, 09:08:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I skated dgk clubs earlier this year. Great shoe better toe cap than the regular club c. Slightly more chunky but it’s an old design.

Also skated a pair of these (they feel just like the regular clubs)

As much as I’d like Reebok skateboarding to be a  thing, I don’t mind buying clubs on clearance, It’s probably my most consistent shoe.

https://images.app.goo.gl/ycXfjqMe2J539H7cA
This was the one i was talking about. Had a clean style but not as cool as i remember it.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2021, 09:21:18 AM »

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2021, 02:29:48 PM »
Speaking of Iverson, I wonder how or if the sale to Authentic Brands will effect the contract he originally signed with Reebok?

Full article - https://basketballforever.com/2020/07/02/allen-iverson-saved-reebok-going-broke

So how has Reebok helped him?
In 2001, Iverson made a decision that would inevitably save him from his future self. He signed a very unique endorsement deal with Reebok. In addition to paying $800,000 a year for life, Reebok set aside $32 million in a trust fund that Allen will not be able to access until he turns 55 in the year 2030. This deal came to light when Allen’s ex-wife filed for divorce. As a result of the divorce, Allen will inherit half the trust fund in 2030.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2021, 12:01:40 AM »
reebok of adidas, technically