Author Topic: The Transition Help Thread  (Read 11676 times)

frontsideNECKTIE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
Re: The Transition Help Thread
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2023, 09:17:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Any help with fs ollies?
Don’t really even skate transition too much anymore but they look so good and fun when done properly.
[close]

the secret is that you come at it at a 45 degree angle so you only have to do a FS "90" as opposed to a 180

start learning them at the bottom of a ramp & progressively bring them higher and higher

then when its time to go above coping, just commit and keep those knees sucked in
[close]

Yeah, I got one the other day. Just a little above the coping and landing way too down on the transition for my liking, but it's a start.
[close]

That's a whole lot better than clipping the wheels on the way back in or actually hanging up, cause I have seen a few people do that a bit too often and it is better to land a bit too far out than not enough.
[close]

At first I thought it went basically straight to bottom, but it didn’t look too bad on video.
I wanna get a proper fs air next, but my local doesn’t really have transition. Only jersey barrier type or way too small.
Should maybe build one this summer.

This convo got me working on my FS ollies more. Its kind of a crazy one to build confidence on. I can pop over coping fairly decent, even get a itty-bit of "float" some times -

- but I just know that trick is gonna put me on my ass one day. Biding it's time, waiting till "oh it ain't no thang" then WHAM, you're done.

Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2023, 11:00:06 AM »
Frontside ollie on transition is one of the best feeling tricks there is. A lot is in the shoulders, I actually wouldn't recommend approaching the trick at an angle myself, a lot of the proper boost is from coming in straight, all you need to open is your upper body, you should be facing the coping if not looking past it already before you even pop but your board itself should be almost perpendicular. And then your hips follow through and your feet just help guide the board around as you turn. Foot placement I also find to be interestingly important, something with having both feet really nested inside the board and preparing like you would to boost a high ollie on flat (vs. a lazy one) helps you keep 'gripping' to it throughout the trick I feel like, you'll know it when you start feeling it.

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 175
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2023, 02:16:21 PM »
I prefer straight on as well, feels similar to a 180 on flat. Going at an angle is terrifying even with a grab but I would assume working up to that would make you better and well rounded for your bowl skills

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2023, 03:37:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So, who's got the secret to inverts? There's a quote from Grosso in Loveletters, something like "one time you're gonna flip onto your head, and lightbulb will go off". I've gotten some dogshit ones, just below coping on a steeper 4' QP, but keep noticing problems that I'm having trouble correcting.

1. I always throw the rotation too far and go in fakie. Which is kinda cool, but not the trick I'm craving.

2. Getting hand on coping and extending to the stall. Obviously this is tougher on a smaller ramp w/o vert, but even getting planted on coping is tripping me up. I imagine getting a more solid plant and stall might help with over-rotating

3. In the same vein as the prior, the Goldilocks amount of speed. Too slow and you won't get there or extended out of the ramp, too fast and you just blow out. Finding the speed to flip yourself to that point is hit or miss for me.

4. Do I just need the confidence of having it on lock to commit to larger ramps?

Speaking about normal ass, slob grab handplant, but any tips on Andrechts would be cool too! Just haven't dabbled to much since trying the OG.
[close]

Not the secret to real ones (proper vert ramp with a bonk, air/grab, then plant style), but I’ve pulled my fair share of muscled up ones on smaller ramps. Steep 4-6 foot is my jam for these.

1) In my experience, over-rotating is the easiest problem to have with these on small ramps. That’s because the trick changes when you don’t have a big vertical ramp to use to get upside down. You have to grab earlier on small ramps and muscle your way into position, so you need to compensate for that change on your way up. I’ve found a slight alleyoop angle on the way up helps. Then, on the re-entry, after you’ve hit your peak, keep your eyes up looking forward and make a conscious effort to keep your back foot underneath you, almost like you’re sitting your butt on your heel and making a very slight fs shifty. Invert reverts (a la DP or Ben Raybourn style with the hand hop) are actually a bit easier on small ramps because you don’t have to deal with all this counterbalancing and can just sort of throw your weight out like a bert slide.

2) Wait. I mean that very literally. Steep ramps are your friend here. If you can plant your hand just below the coping and get your butt above your head upside down, you’re most of the way there. Grab early, go fast, and pull hard. Try to wait till you’re almost upside down to plant your hand. Literally say “wait” or “hold it” in your head if you need to trick yourself. Helps to film it and watch yourself. For example, if you see you’re planting just below coping with a straight arm, then try waiting and planting with a slight bend at the elbow to get a few extra inches.

3) Practice flying out on to the deck with the same grab and plant hand, but with no expectation of going upside down. Then, go a bit faster than that for your actual invert. Bonus, if you get comfortable doing this sort of fly out and rolling back in to the quarter (with the grab and leading your plant hand in front of you on coping) it will be a big confidence boost for the re-entry on normal inverts. Great way to practice where to look and how to sit your weight.

4) I have them pretty well locked on small, steep ramps, but am terrified of them on proper vert. I’ve also known skaters who can do them all day on 13ft vert ramps but can’t fathom them on a 4ft quarter. Two different skill sets, honestly.
[close]

Beautiful response friend! Lot of ideas to work with.

How much speed do you usually approach with, namely on a bigger QP? Fast enough to get past the top of course, but more or less than an aerial?

There's a ~6ft ramp at my local that flicks full to vert, but has no vert wall. She's a steep one, but my skate-sense tells me it would work perfect with the right tech and commitment.
[close]

Oh yeah, sounds like a perfect quarter for it! I’d say about the same amount of speed as a knee/thigh high bs air (scoop or early grab style, not Ollie). For me, they were super scary to learn and natural hesitancy usually keeps me from going too fast. I have made that mistake a few times since learning them, but it gets easier to feel out with time.

With the right amount of speed, you’ll be upside down with a straight arm, but you won’t feel like your plant hand is bearing too much weight. That’s when you know you’ve got the sweet spot.

Good luck! Definitely keep us posted on the progress
[close]

Threw a handful of these out on the 4' go-to QP the last few sessions. Kinda pussyfooted trying to handplant that 6' but it still feels a ways out.

The concept of the extra lil "wait" was super helpful. I've gotten more acclimated to getting out of the ramp and stall a touch longer on the hand. Still working up to planting the coping, but the whole move is feeling more proper. I've noticed there's a certain "stomp" tech to land it - it doesn't seem like you just "fall" in but rather force the landing.

If I get to a point that it isn't embarrassing, maybe I'll take a clip so we can see what I'm working with

Aye I finally stuck one that was half decent! Haven't worked this hard on a trick in a while

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrRcanuA6m4/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2023, 12:38:06 AM »

Aye I finally stuck one that was half decent! Haven't worked this hard on a trick in a while

Yeah that one looked good.

I also thought the wall banger invert off that small quarter was pretty cool too. 

Some things just work like that, thinking out of the box.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2023, 08:33:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah that one looked good.

I also thought the wall banger invert off that small quarter was pretty cool too. 

Some things just work like that, thinking out of the box.

Thanks guy! That wall bash is super fun, one of the first spots that worked when I was learning em. Helped find that balance point and could lean into it.

Guess it's time to push it and see if I can get inverted on legit vert

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 97
« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2023, 05:53:22 PM »
Anybody have any bs tailside on transition keys or advice?  I can bs tail stall with no ollie. I also have fs tailsides (with an ollie) on lock and bs disasters too.

I feel like bs tailside is one of the ultimate transition tricks but can’t get comfortable with anyway I try it

switchfakie

« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2023, 06:00:41 PM »
Anybody have any bs tailside on transition keys or advice?  I can bs tail stall with no ollie. I also have fs tailsides (with an ollie) on lock and bs disasters too.

I feel like bs tailside is one of the ultimate transition tricks but can’t get comfortable with anyway I try it

i dont have them, but often get into them by over rotating a back 5-0 (no pop like you). just the same way you can over rotate a front 5-0 to tailslide with no pop

i never really tried to get them, but im sure if you just keep your shoulders parallel with the coping, you could probably learn the no pop version in a day if you already have back 5-0s solid

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2023, 05:14:58 AM »

I can give you the worst best key: Do exactly the same thing as a fs tailslide, but bs. Same angle, same distance to the coping, same scoopy pop.
To get over the fear of sliding, I recommend doing bs 5050 grind to bs tails first. Or 5-0 if that's easier for you

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2023, 09:44:06 AM »

Funny enough, I've been working on this one recently too. I'm kinda just going for it, just to see what works and what doesn't.

I notice I have better success if I keep back arm close to my body and use the momentum from my hip and shoulder to whip the tail in. Really throwing that weight and almost over-rotating makes the connection feel quicker and sets my body into a position that feels 'right'. I haven't been able to really sliiiide, but can squeak a couple inches if my heel doesn't drag.

Definitely gotta stand on your toes to push the slide, but that obviously amps the slip out factor.

Anyone have a suggestion on the best size/shape QP for these?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2023, 07:46:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Funny enough, I've been working on this one recently too. I'm kinda just going for it, just to see what works and what doesn't.

I notice I have better success if I keep back arm close to my body and use the momentum from my hip and shoulder to whip the tail in. Really throwing that weight and almost over-rotating makes the connection feel quicker and sets my body into a position that feels 'right'. I haven't been able to really sliiiide, but can squeak a couple inches if my heel doesn't drag.

Definitely gotta stand on your toes to push the slide, but that obviously amps the slip out factor.

Anyone have a suggestion on the best size/shape QP for these?

Anything that is a little steeper or has coping that sticks up a touch more will often work more easily to get anything to slide, but not so much if the coping sticks out a lot, unless you really power the ollie into tail position, if that makes sense?

Starting learning backside ollie to five oh or even just straight up ollie to tail on a mellow bank or transition edge that is not going to slip out just to get the ollie to lock in going on and staying low so not standing up too tall, then coming into it a bit faster on more of an angle rather than straight up the face, with a lower stance and quicker but small pop will usually get the board to where it needs to be.  A bigger pop often ends up with the board almost doing a shove it or something similar, so keeping the board under the back toe is key here.

By working out the ollie round to that position, it is easier to then get it on higher stuff and then in turn get it going more easily in places that will result in a slide and not just to tail stop and drop back in.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2023, 08:57:43 PM »
Frontside ollie on transition is one of the best feeling tricks there is. A lot is in the shoulders, I actually wouldn't recommend approaching the trick at an angle myself, a lot of the proper boost is from coming in straight, all you need to open is your upper body, you should be facing the coping if not looking past it already before you even pop but your board itself should be almost perpendicular. And then your hips follow through and your feet just help guide the board around as you turn. Foot placement I also find to be interestingly important, something with having both feet really nested inside the board and preparing like you would to boost a high ollie on flat (vs. a lazy one) helps you keep 'gripping' to it throughout the trick I feel like, you'll know it when you start feeling it.

I agree. I like to ones where you got straight up and down. Pretend the ramp is like 2' wide. Kinda swoosh it later and later till it's all legs.

My dream once was to do a big bs Ollie on the very ramp that was here long ago.

I'd die for a real very ramp. I bet I could learn to Mac twank no problem. 18 months topos of I had a real wooden ramp nearby. And a helmet some knee pads. I don't think I can take much more hip damage.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 97
« Reply #132 on: June 07, 2023, 02:38:13 PM »
Some back tail inspiration

switchfakie

« Reply #133 on: June 07, 2023, 04:34:51 PM »
how to i start learning nosegrinds? (front or back, i have no preference)

ive seen people ride into it, is that easier than popping into it?

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2023, 09:56:48 AM »
For those who can blunt fakie: are you in the manual down the transition camp or ollie back into the transition gang?

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #135 on: July 12, 2023, 11:37:48 AM »
I was in the ollie back in camp and I had them absolutely nailed on anything, could blunt fakie an 8ft with my eyes closed. Then I learned to manual back in just for fun and the ollies in have never been the same, can't do them on big ramps much at all as they don't feel like they're going to come back in. Moral of the story - learn the ollie version.Only benefit is if I do try and pop in and don't get enough pop to clear the coping I can save it by landing on the back wheels. But that only really works up to about 5ft.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2023, 07:36:12 PM »

There are people who can do them more like a nosegrind on a ledge or flatbar, either ollie into or roll into them, which is right on top of the coping, and then there is the other one almost more like a nose manual across a face of a bank, or at least that is a really good way to learn them to get up a bit higher and higher until you touch coping, but not usually get up on top.

One trick that can help too is a very gentle nose tap revert, so not quite like a nose stall, or nose slide on a ledge, but coming up with front foot on the nose, often on a bit of an angle, push up into the nose stall and go almost more to crooks, grind for a bit and then revert / turn out.

That is one that I often go to, which is a little easier and kind of lazy but it is a good one to get the balance on to then be able to get them up higher or better once you get the feel for it.

Just doing mini nose manuals are a good start though, be it on banks, on transition or anything that you can either roll into or ollie into, depending on what else you are used to doing on other terrain.

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2023, 12:51:43 AM »
For those who can blunt fakie: are you in the manual down the transition camp or ollie back into the transition gang?

Learned them with a ollie all the way back into the ramp. Then I learned peterblunts, where I ollie into the peter blunt and go down in a manual.
After that I completely lost blunt to fakies. Not that I had them good, but I couldn't do them for a while. I just relearned them a year ago, but I barely pop them now, I just lift my back wheels over the coping and manual down.

switchfakie

« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2023, 07:41:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There are people who can do them more like a nosegrind on a ledge or flatbar, either ollie into or roll into them, which is right on top of the coping, and then there is the other one almost more like a nose manual across a face of a bank, or at least that is a really good way to learn them to get up a bit higher and higher until you touch coping, but not usually get up on top.

One trick that can help too is a very gentle nose tap revert, so not quite like a nose stall, or nose slide on a ledge, but coming up with front foot on the nose, often on a bit of an angle, push up into the nose stall and go almost more to crooks, grind for a bit and then revert / turn out.

That is one that I often go to, which is a little easier and kind of lazy but it is a good one to get the balance on to then be able to get them up higher or better once you get the feel for it.

Just doing mini nose manuals are a good start though, be it on banks, on transition or anything that you can either roll into or ollie into, depending on what else you are used to doing on other terrain.

thank you g, you always give solid advice

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2023, 08:59:13 PM »

I unlocked 45ers today by barely grazing the pop, but I feel like the straight up and down ones may require more. Is that the case? I sure hope not, because the floaty feeling of the wider fs Ollie felt so good.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #140 on: July 24, 2023, 06:49:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I unlocked 45ers today by barely grazing the pop, but I feel like the straight up and down ones may require more. Is that the case? I sure hope not, because the floaty feeling of the wider fs Ollie felt so good.

It's probably just about the same rudimentary technique except with time you'll learn to optimize and aim with them a little better, angle depends a lot on what you're skating too, big fat long ramp going sideways whilst carving and clearing a lot of the width feels great, but on something skinnier being able to pump and boost straight up, snap your tail and then turn around completely with just your lower body realigning with your shoulders all the while controlling where you'll be landing also feels amazing. You will develop technique and precision not just with time but also with the more different objects you try the trick on, the diversity in lines and shapes will teach you. And the trick only feels better and better as you yourself get better and more versatile at it. It's a great sensation and one of the most pure and iconic moves of skateboarding there is in my opinion so I'm glad to hear about anyone getting into them, doesn't matter one bit if it's the baby ones or not, they'll improve and develop anyway.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 06:56:37 AM by silhouette »

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2023, 04:23:09 PM »
This might have been discussed earlier but a quick search and thumb through didn't show anything.

How the hell do you get more air time? I'm pretty consistent at shooting frontside airs, but want to blast a FS air like 3-4 feet out.

I haul ass and try to fly, but I level off at less than 2 feet. I've tried popping tail, as well as bonking the coping, but I cannot take off.

Another thought (that seemed to have worked a bit) is holding my hand out farther through the rotation/aerial and shooting my board into it, as opposed to trying to snatch it as it comes off the wall - if that makes sense.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, not many skaters at my local do QP airs like this so I don't really have anyone to ask about their tech

Sifter

• Rep: 47
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2023, 06:24:44 PM »
Hey does anyone have some pointers for ollie into bs crook on ramp? 

I can crook ledges comfortably but on ramp I've never been able to get close. I've always had troubles figuring out angle/when/where to ollie.  Is it lower in the ramp on the way UP into crook or ollie higher on the ramp and come DOWN into crook?
I can slappy crook to fakie on ramp so I kinda get the difference of being in the transition more to come in fakie vs on top of coping more to go back in straight (and sometimes grind longer).  Been struggling for years, playing with/half assing them every now and then. I'm sure once I get the ollie in figured out I've got the rest ok but any tips would be great  :)

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2023, 11:14:31 PM »

I can crook ledges comfortably but on ramp I've never been able to get close. I've always had troubles figuring out angle/when/where to ollie.  Is it lower in the ramp on the way UP into crook or ollie higher on the ramp and come DOWN into crook?
I can slappy crook to fakie on ramp so I kinda get the difference of being in the transition more to come in fakie vs on top of coping more to go back in straight (and sometimes grind longer).  Been struggling for years, playing with/half assing them every now and then. I'm sure once I get the ollie in figured out I've got the rest ok but any tips would be great  :)

just realized ive never tried to do this, makes me wanna try

Initial thought is to come at super mellow angle and like *skip*  up and into the pinch, aiming like its a ledge

hitting it on a anything bigger than a small qp sounds scary as hell

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: August 11, 2023, 04:25:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Initial thought is to come at super mellow angle and like *skip*  up and into the pinch, aiming like its a ledge

Others I know used to do really fast smallish ollies and mainly just jam it in there to hold as long as possible, more so on a wider ramp or something that had enough width to not only carve up into but then be able to roll out.

Do you do them going back in forwards, fakie or both?

Either way, the getting into it is the same, so compared to a ledge where you are right up on top of it, on a ramp it is more in the ramp than up on top unless you are popping out / off the end of the ramp onto something else, eg to flat, onto a bank, or whatever.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #145 on: August 11, 2023, 08:19:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Others I know used to do really fast smallish ollies and mainly just jam it in there to hold as long as possible, more so on a wider ramp or something that had enough width to not only carve up into but then be able to roll out.

Do you do them going back in forwards, fakie or both?

Either way, the getting into it is the same, so compared to a ledge where you are right up on top of it, on a ramp it is more in the ramp than up on top unless you are popping out / off the end of the ramp onto something else, eg to flat, onto a bank, or whatever.

(speaking to the slappy/ride-on version) fakie is definitely more natural, but i can force it out forward. body tends to want to nosegrind if i'm planning on exiting forward tho, plus its usually way sloppy lol

Sifter

• Rep: 47
« Reply #146 on: August 12, 2023, 06:25:38 PM »
Tried a few yesterday and couldnt lock one in  :'(  Got a few rat ollie to nose stalls though haha

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2024, 10:43:14 AM »
Any pointers on transferring tricks from a very small miniramp (1m/3.2 ft) to a miniramp twice the size or more? The bigger one is still far from vert though.
It's very weird for me, I can do any trick I want consistently on the smaller one, totally comfortable with lines and whatever, but on the bigger one I'm uncomfortable with tricks as basic as a fs grind. I can do it, but it feels nothing like on the small one. And I feel like I should be able to skate these two ramps the exact same way, but I can't.
It might be a purely mental thing, but I'd like to know if there's any major difference in technique when it gets higher/steeper?
Maybe I'm pumping too hard on the big one for some reason .

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2024, 04:07:15 PM »
Any pointers on transferring tricks from a very small miniramp (1m/3.2 ft) to a miniramp twice the size or more? The bigger one is still far from vert though.
It's very weird for me, I can do any trick I want consistently on the smaller one, totally comfortable with lines and whatever, but on the bigger one I'm uncomfortable with tricks as basic as a fs grind. I can do it, but it feels nothing like on the small one. And I feel like I should be able to skate these two ramps the exact same way, but I can't.
It might be a purely mental thing, but I'd like to know if there's any major difference in technique when it gets higher/steeper?
Maybe I'm pumping too hard on the big one for some reason .

What kind of tricks on what kind of ramps? Are we talking back D the deep end, or stand up grind a long QP?

I skate small, med, and not-so-big tranny, and the best summary i can say is work on finding "the edge". It gets sharper and scarier the bigger the ramp. That's where I find my focus oriented. How much pump, how fast on entry, how much lift do I need, how does the coping feel, is it steep or mellow, etc, etc.

Always practice survival

If I'm trying to get down on a bigger wall, the first trick I'm thinking of is usually FS Smith stop, or FS rock. Those are two tricks with my most comfortable "edge" and helps me get a feel for the ramp. Then you gauge it from there. Work up to FS Pivot, distaster, tails... nosepick if we're feeling ballsy

Idk if i answered what you're meaning, but really just feel it out and trust in yourself. Commit and hang on for the ride! Keep working on bails too. Nothing worse than a ending a sesh by landing stiff leg in the flat.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #149 on: April 25, 2024, 01:35:37 PM »
Thanks for the reply!
They're basic wood/skatelite miniramps, no deep end or anything like that.
I spent almost 4 hours in the "big" ramp today and made huge progress in finding this "edge". My main problem was skating it super tensed up due to fear/respect I guess. Also I pumped too hard, tried everything too fast because that's how I can do it in the small ramp.
Today I spent a lot of time just doing stalls and pivots back to back, as low effort and comfortable as possible.
Fs smith was also the first frontside stall and grind that got comfortable for me today. Then got my first bs smith grind and bs lip there.
Cross locked Fs 5050s still feel shitty though, 5-0 and smith seems much easier and less scary.
Really hyped on transition skating for the first time in my life, I'm usually a ledge guy, but I guess skating anything is fun.

tldr: Had to take it slow and try skating as slow and low effort as possible at first, then got more comfortable.
yap yap yap <3