Author Topic: Worst Gear You've Ever Skated  (Read 22386 times)

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
Re: Worst Gear You've Ever Skated
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2017, 09:46:45 AM »
I forgot about those. Bought some at an element store and was stoked. They roll slow as shit and once they get busted they roll better but fall apart on you.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

MOE SYZLAK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2017, 07:09:35 PM »
Set up a welcome board today and it was the worst piece of shit i have ever skated, it felt super clunky and i couldn't do anything on it.
It wasn't even that crazy of a shape. Bummed I wasted a day of skating on that heap.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2017, 04:04:44 AM »
Set up a welcome board today and it was the worst piece of shit i have ever skated, it felt super clunky and i couldn't do anything on it.
It wasn't even that crazy of a shape. Bummed I wasted a day of skating on that heap.

Their wood kinda sucks too.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 543
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2017, 04:16:25 AM »

what shape was it, out of curiosity

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2017, 04:52:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Jordan Sanchez one I don't know the name of it.
Just super square

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 543
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2017, 05:06:50 AM »
big fan of the smaller version of that shape, different strokes i guess

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2017, 05:58:49 AM »
Broke two sets of royal trucks back to back when I was around 12. I couldn't have weighed more than 100lbs and broke the base plate in two pieces on the first set, then got another set from the local and did the same thing, I didn't have the money for a new set so I mix matched and skated each of the ones that didn't break from the first two sets and broke another ones base plate. So when all was said and done a 100lb 12 year old broke 3 royal base plates in around 6 months.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2017, 02:01:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
The Jordan Sanchez one I don't know the name of it.
Just super square

It's Niribu shape, thanks for the info because I was tempted several times to buy it because it's the most common 8.7 popsicle in the euro shops!

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2017, 04:50:08 PM »
I just setup a new Quasi board after swearing off PS Stix and I regret giving them another shot. The board felt DOA. Despite being an 8" when I usually skate 8.25 or 8.375 it felt heavy as shit. It's a PS 8" too so it's actually 1/8 smaller than other 8" boards and it's still heaver than a 8.25 BBS Alien and 8.38 Heroin I had. My experience with PS has been that they've usually been lighter than other companies but this one feels like complete shit. I used to skate PS all the time and I've had some great boards from them but they have zero consistency. I can't stand playing the lottery with boards anymore. I wish Quasi would switch wood shops because I would really like to support them but I can't skate PS wood anymore.

JAesop

« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2017, 07:41:45 PM »
I just setup a new Quasi board after swearing off PS Stix and I regret giving them another shot. The board felt DOA. Despite being an 8" when I usually skate 8.25 or 8.375 it felt heavy as shit. It's a PS 8" too so it's actually 1/8 smaller than other 8" boards and it's still heaver than a 8.25 BBS Alien and 8.38 Heroin I had. My experience with PS has been that they've usually been lighter than other companies but this one feels like complete shit. I used to skate PS all the time and I've had some great boards from them but they have zero consistency. I can't stand playing the lottery with boards anymore. I wish Quasi would switch wood shops because I would really like to support them but I can't skate PS wood anymore.

Seriously try the Black Label 8.38 shape. ( or any) I have had four in a row. Best board ever. I swear Lucero has them use a different mold or do really small runs because I have yet to get a soggy one. Generator but not pointy like a Baker.

Spaced Cadet

« Reply #130 on: April 09, 2017, 07:59:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Seriously try the Black Label 8.38 shape. ( or any) I have had four in a row. Best board ever. I swear Lucero has them use a different mold or do really small runs because I have yet to get a soggy one. Generator but not pointy like a Baker.

I've been thinking about trying one of the new Black Labels out since I heard they switched from PS. Yeah, BBS/Generator have been good to me lately. I'll probably give Label a try next.

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #131 on: April 09, 2017, 08:49:24 PM »

my mom bought me these for christmas one year cuz she liked them by new years all that stitching blew out and they fell apart

im a big boy (200lbs) and the only board I've ever snapped was a daewon deca back when i was like 175 and 15 years old. snapped after a few ollies down a four stair. 15+ years passed before i bought anything dwindle again
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2017, 09:20:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I've been thinking about trying one of the new Black Labels out since I heard they switched from PS. Yeah, BBS/Generator have been good to me lately. I'll probably give Label a try next.

Been skating nothing but PS for over a year and they have all been good.  Shapes and concaves are more consisted than generator too...

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2017, 09:29:08 PM »
es Koston 6. those shoes fell apart at the seams, literally.

Spaced Cadet

« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2017, 12:34:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Been skating nothing but PS for over a year and they have all been good.  Shapes and concaves are more consisted than generator too...

Don't know what to tell you. Start playing the lottery? Shit has been all over the place for me.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2017, 03:52:52 PM »
It's been a while because I always end up buying the same things (Indy, Generator wood, Spitfire/Prize Fighter Cutlery and Huf shoes), but about 6 or 7 years ago I decided to get Reflex bearings.

I broke 4 bearings in one day, I was lucky to have a mix of old Bones and Lucky bearings in my car. Shame on me for cheating on Bones.

Oh yeah, Ricta's suck ass. Way too slippery and flat spots galore...never again.

Sizzla

• Rep: 223
  • I luv I jah
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2017, 07:52:25 AM »
One pon time Sizzla haffi Habitat board dat crack affa one sesh, den Sizzla Alien board dat flatten, lose pop affa two sesh. Sizzla nah buy Sect affa dat.
I an I haff nah white god

datura

• Rep: 23
« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2017, 08:40:58 AM »
vans rowley solos. blech

Pauly Walnuts

• Rep: -5
« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2017, 09:13:37 AM »
vans rowley solos. blech
they were such a gyp, swore off Vans for like a year after skating the Rowleys for a week.
"I told you a long time ago you fucking little monkey not to fuck me"-Alejandro Sosa

calvinsdream

« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2017, 09:29:21 AM »
-I rode an Alltimers board and it was the shittiest board Ive ever rode in my entire life. Thick and heavy, it was the first time in almost 20yrs of skating that I took my trucks off the board and gave it away.
-In the 90's I bought some rubber looking Osiris shoes (kinda looked like some Savier material) and they fell apart within a couple days of skating to be unwearable.
-I know everyone loves mob grip, but whenever its cold out that shit just freezes and falls directly off your board in one clean cut sheet. I've always rode jessup and will never switch again.

That's interesting about alltimers - their shit is pennswood. Have some wall hangers from them but I've never skated one.

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2017, 09:48:32 AM »
Expand Quote
-I rode an Alltimers board and it was the shittiest board Ive ever rode in my entire life. Thick and heavy, it was the first time in almost 20yrs of skating that I took my trucks off the board and gave it away.
-In the 90's I bought some rubber looking Osiris shoes (kinda looked like some Savier material) and they fell apart within a couple days of skating to be unwearable.
-I know everyone loves mob grip, but whenever its cold out that shit just freezes and falls directly off your board in one clean cut sheet. I've always rode jessup and will never switch again.
[close]

That's interesting about alltimers - their shit is pennswood. Have some wall hangers from them but I've never skated one.

no

it used to be chapman but they just switched to generator

chapman boards are hit or miss, i've had a few weird ones

StinkyLarry

• Rep: -42
« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2017, 05:12:51 PM »
Bought a Quasi board today to try out a new shape, wasn't feeling it at all. It was like skating two different boards regular and switch the tail was so tiny. Lasted a couple hours before it snapped skating flatground.
Before this I had the Baker 3 screenshot Greco board and it skated amazing until it snapped after 3 days of flat.

I 'm honestly tempted to get that flip P2 bullshit or whatever I can't keep hemorrhaging boards like this.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #142 on: April 11, 2017, 05:48:42 PM »
vans rowley solos. blech
I tried them on and laughed at how bad they were (and this is coming from someone who basically lived in many of geoff's past pro models)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

rails

• Rep: -50
« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2017, 08:46:52 PM »
everything water logged, five bearings, no tail left, no nose left,

wait this is the Best Gear You've Ever Skated thread right?

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2017, 10:06:36 PM »
Bought a Quasi board today to try out a new shape, wasn't feeling it at all. It was like skating two different boards regular and switch the tail was so tiny. Lasted a couple hours before it snapped skating flatground.
Before this I had the Baker 3 screenshot Greco board and it skated amazing until it snapped after 3 days of flat.

I 'm honestly tempted to get that flip P2 bullshit or whatever I can't keep hemorrhaging boards like this.
You snap a lot of boards on flat. Try not stomping on the nose or tail when you're doing nollie flips and switch flips.

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2017, 05:25:48 AM »

South central wood is super strong and skates well if you want to keep something thats wood only.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

StinkyLarry

• Rep: -42
« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2017, 08:27:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You snap a lot of boards on flat. Try not stomping on the nose or tail when you're doing nollie flips and switch flips.

I've been watching too much Wade D footage.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2017, 09:00:03 AM »
Trying to be like Wade D happens to the best of us. I hope you have your baggy ass shirt and pants on so you can be fully committed.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #148 on: April 12, 2017, 11:30:36 AM »
Now that I think of it, Girl boards are the worst boards durability-wise I've ever skated. The board I had skated alright and I somewhat enjoyed the shape (still too mellow for me though), but anyone who has a Girl board that lasts more than a week needs to skate more. I've never skated boards with wood as shitty as this.

More chips in one day than a full bag of Doritos, by day 5 it was completely destroyed. Not once did I ever skate stairs with it. 5 days of light ledge and flatground skating.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2017, 09:33:53 AM »
Expand Quote
vans rowley solos. blech
[close]
I tried them on and laughed at how bad they were (and this is coming from someone who basically lived in many of geoff's past pro models)

I actually like the board feel you get after they sort of blowout, a broken-in vans waffle sole is the best.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.