Author Topic: RFK Jr.  (Read 7839 times)

Kook Me Amadeus

Re: RFK Jr.
« Reply #180 on: July 02, 2023, 10:46:06 AM »
I get my news mainly from here.  It’s pretty polarizing but it keeps me on my toes.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #181 on: July 02, 2023, 10:47:20 AM »
Expand Quote
:-\
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone catch the Newsnation town hall he gave?  What’d you guys think?
[close]

I just listened to the first 15 minutes. By the way, before you opened this thread I never heard of this guy. I do not follow politics. That’s to say I am not interested in world events, but I am not interested in politics.

However, I like contrarians—I was raised by one. I like what he is saying about Ukraine. I feel like with every war we involve ourselves the American people are lied to. I don’t feel Ukraine can win the war and the toll it has taken on their country’s people seems unnecessary.

I may or may not listen to more of this town hall, but I do think what he is saying about Ukraine should not be dismissed. And it is hard to find any information in major publications that questions our involvement in the war. To do as would be looked at as anti-Ukrainian as if the country of Ukraine is the sum on the happiness and safety of the Ukraine people. And with that I yield my time to OP…
[close]

Politics drive world events. Love you I don't pay attention to politics people. Please don't vote. Lemme guess, straight, possibly white, male? Must be nice.
[close]

Please tell me what your definition of politics is? Is news politics? Is information? No need to personally attack my background. Pretty immature.
[close]

Only people with your background don't have to pay attention to politics. Says a lot that you're being swayed by a total kook. Maybe you should pay a little more attention. You're probably into Rogan and all his easily disproven conspiracy theory bullshit too lol.
[close]

Why do you care so much about background? Why is RFK a total kook? I was only talking about the war in Ukraine. It is a tragedy of epic proportions. Are you at least curious if what he saying about the US using them in a proxy war is true.

I will say I think Covid conspiracies are terribly uninteresting and I accept all vaccines that are required or recommended by the government for my children.

If you want to keep minimizing my opinions by assuming I feel a certain way about things I cannot stop you but I dont think it is a proper way to debate. Try sticking to the topic at hand w/o reducing me to a Roganite.
[close]

Background is always important, but you're right I did reduce you to a one dimensional person and ppl are more complex than that. I don't like rfk jrs theory that things in the water are making young boys transgender. I think that is some wacky shit. I need someone a little more reasonable in office. And that's just one thing he's said about the LGBTQ community that is troubling. Wonder what he thinks in private.

Anyway, my apologies. I still think anyone who takes him seriously might be a little kooky themselves.

I’m glad we are friends again.

I will admit background is important but it’s only a piece of the puzzle. Political discussions are impossible on a message board. I think of politics as twisted information to serve a purpose (spin). I always vote in the election but never in the primary. RFK will not win and he will have zero impact on Biden in the election.

If you want to know my background I can tell you that I was raised to be tolerant of all people but distrust authority…

companguero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 250
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #182 on: July 02, 2023, 11:24:41 AM »
Anyone catch the Newsnation town hall he gave?  What’d you guys think?

This was the first time I’ve heard him speak. Surprisingly, they address why he sounds like Steve-O right out of the gate.

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

companguero

• Rep: 250
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #183 on: July 02, 2023, 04:01:12 PM »
"He claims that his father wasn’t killed by Sirhan Sirhan and has pushed for his release from prison, opposed by all but one of his seven siblings."

He gives a riveting account of the assassination in this segment on Bill Maher’s podcast. Bill quotes a passage from a book setting up the case against Sirhan Sirhan.

Ultimately, RFK jr believes his father was betrayed by a security person who walked him in to an ambush and is responsible for the shots from behind that killed him.

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1146
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #184 on: July 03, 2023, 09:48:09 AM »
What do you think would have happened had RFK not been assassinated?  Would our world look any differently?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #185 on: July 03, 2023, 10:29:24 AM »
What do you think would have happened had RFK not been assassinated?  Would our world look any differently?

This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

sle_epy

• Rep: -96
« Reply #186 on: July 03, 2023, 11:10:08 AM »

It prob would have taken malcolm x, king, rfk and jfk not being assassinated for anything to be different. Even then prob not that much different. Look at Clarence Thomas and his trajectory to ultra conservative. Dude used to lead the EEOC and got into college with affirmative action.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #187 on: July 03, 2023, 11:37:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It prob would have taken malcolm x, king, rfk and jfk not being assassinated for anything to be different. Even then prob not that much different. Look at Clarence Thomas and his trajectory to ultra conservative. Dude used to lead the EEOC and got into college with affirmative action.

Could Clarence Thomas have gotten in without it, in your opinion?

Have you read what he has to say about if?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

sle_epy

« Reply #188 on: July 03, 2023, 11:54:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Could Clarence Thomas have gotten in without it, in your opinion?

Have you read what he has to say about if?

I've read a couple of articles, this is one of them

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-did-clarence-thomas-go-yale-under-affirmative-action-policy-1810180

It sounds like he benefitted from it but by 2023 doesn't like the fact that he did. But he's said things that alluded to having benefitted without any vitriol behind it. I don't think my opinion is valid as to whether he would have gotten in, but the colleges he went to seem to say he did in fact get in due to affirmative action. I will say it seems he's an extremely insecure man surrounding where he's gotten in life and why.

Have you done either of those things? Pretty easy to suss out that he's a hypocrite and imo just seems like an angry, bad person.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 03:34:33 PM by sle_epy »

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #189 on: July 07, 2023, 11:31:12 AM »

Mr. Pickles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #190 on: July 15, 2023, 08:24:27 PM »
How you doing Sneaky? Your boy’s taking some heat.

sle_epy

« Reply #191 on: July 15, 2023, 08:43:32 PM »

As he should be purely over the things in the water are turning boys into trans girls thing. Like wtf even is that. Does anyone need to hear more of what this guy says to realize he's a complete kook?

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2023, 09:23:50 PM »

I guess I just mainly feel sorry for you dullards for being stupid enough to completely fall for the mass media’s propaganda campaign against him.   

I know you aren’t able to recognize that that’s what is happening.  You’re just apparently easily manipulatable.

sle_epy

« Reply #193 on: July 15, 2023, 09:28:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I guess I just mainly feel sorry for you dullards for being stupid enough to completely fall for the mass media’s propaganda campaign against him.   

I know you aren’t able to recognize that that’s what is happening.  You’re just apparently easily manipulatable.

He literally said that boys are being turned into trans girls by things in the water. It came out of his own mouth. That's not propaganda. If you don't care about that then fuck you and fuck off with your bullshit.

Why are so many people so obsessed with changing things that occur in nature that already have a solution the afflicted group is actually happy with. You think they'd be happier being like you? Fuck no! Fuck rfk jr too.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 10:01:22 PM by sle_epy »

Mr. Pickles

• Rep: 39
« Reply #194 on: July 15, 2023, 09:59:55 PM »
Here’s the new new from the thinking man’s candidate:

https://apple.news/A2P3BIKv4TZCS28AE5ADiZg

sle_epy

« Reply #195 on: July 15, 2023, 10:02:14 PM »
Here’s the new new from the thinking man’s candidate:

https://apple.news/A2P3BIKv4TZCS28AE5ADiZg

Wow what'll it take for smart white men to turn against this dullard? Probably nothing. Everyone's favorite candidate is some white guy who has zero expertise in any of the things he talks about.

Is it satisfying knowing that a piece of shit has the same opinion as you who is also an uneducated piece of shit? The answer is yes and that's why you're unbelievably pathetic.

Can't wait til he starts talking about women's bodies and what they can and can't do with them based on his cis hetero white male opinion.

He's already going after transwomen. What's next, race theories based on athleticism? If you can't see that this guy is an unhinged kook then you're also an unhinged kook.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 05:20:39 AM by sle_epy »

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #196 on: July 15, 2023, 10:16:56 PM »
Even if you're cool with the conspiracy theory shit, all his policies are trash too.  Here's the ex-environmental lawyer giving his genius plans to curb climate change. 

linty

• Rep: 37
« Reply #197 on: July 16, 2023, 12:38:06 AM »
We've reached the point of statue pfps? Shit's about to get enlightened up in here.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #198 on: July 16, 2023, 02:13:37 AM »
Why are we even humoring his run?   It’s not like he’s even be a spoiler candidate in the general

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #199 on: July 16, 2023, 04:44:14 AM »
Why are we even humoring his run?   It’s not like he’s even be a spoiler candidate in the general

Because enough idiots fall for the "anti-establishment" card.  If I was 18 again, I'd probably be in love with this idiot too.  He reminds me a lot of Ron Paul and Andrew Yang, I fell for both.  I never gave a shit about Tulsi Gabbard, but you could lump her in there too.

sle_epy

« Reply #200 on: July 16, 2023, 06:09:53 AM »
but seriously if money isnt the biggest issue facing your life your pretty lucky. i dont even see a point to politics anymore, all the laws are there to protect people, what more laws or policies do you want? everything is a fair playingfield now. we need to just move on and focus solely on economics so we actually improve our lives.

Are you high or something? They're literally trying to roll back LGBTQ rights across the entire country, negate same sex marriage and are harassing trans people for sport using laws and bans. 

The supreme court just ruled in favor of business owners being able to discriminate against LGBTQ customers by just saying MAH RELIGION!!!!

Either you don't care or aren't paying attention and your take is just some shit you dreamed up that you thought sounded revolutionary. It doesn't.

If I didn't know any better I'd assume this is a troll post. I actually hope it is.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #201 on: July 16, 2023, 06:19:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Because enough idiots fall for the "anti-establishment" card.  If I was 18 again, I'd probably be in love with this idiot too.  He reminds me a lot of Ron Paul and Andrew Yang, I fell for both.  I never gave a shit about Tulsi Gabbard, but you could lump her in there too.

Agreed, I guess I meant more of why did this topic pop back up after the novelty wore off

sle_epy

« Reply #202 on: July 16, 2023, 06:27:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Agreed, I guess I meant more of why did this topic pop back up after the novelty wore off

Because of slap's demographic more than likely.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #203 on: July 16, 2023, 07:36:46 AM »
im more excited to not vote then i have been in years

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #204 on: July 16, 2023, 07:59:07 AM »

More things to vote for than just President

cky enthusiast

« Reply #205 on: July 16, 2023, 09:02:59 AM »
i hope my city comptroller can pull through and make it possible to go to the doctor without being drawn and quartered by billing loopholes

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #206 on: July 16, 2023, 09:18:56 AM »

Another election, another vote wasted on the PSL.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 602
« Reply #207 on: July 16, 2023, 05:08:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Another election, another vote wasted on the PSL.

Pumpkin Spice Latte?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #208 on: July 16, 2023, 09:22:38 PM »
i hope my city comptroller can pull through and make it possible to go to the doctor without being drawn and quartered by billing loopholes

Governors, judges, state and federal congressmen, city council, sheriffs

cky enthusiast

« Reply #209 on: July 17, 2023, 07:02:15 AM »
great, ill vote (D) straight ticket and anxiously await the glorious turnaround of american society