Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 363620 times)

rkulla

Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #1800 on: August 11, 2023, 11:44:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Nigel Alexander (NKA Vids) discusses getting his first job & sponsor by 118 Boardshop, meeting a young Paul Rodriguez, getting his first camera, making the Forecast video, starting skatesite.com, making a push on his YouTube channel & working with Network A, his first check from YouTube, finding skaters for his youtube videos, working for Powell Peralta, dealing with YouTube comments and much more!

Timestamps
00:00:00 Nigel Alexander
00:04:22 Skating both switch and regular comfortably
00:06:03 First job & sponsor was 118 Boardshop
00:06:51 Making the Forecast video
00:10:06 Starting skatesite.com
00:13:10 The Proof video
00:14:40 Our Sponsor: Athletic Greens
00:16:15 Making the push towards YouTube and working with Network A
00:22:39 His first YouTube check
00:23:24 Jeron was Nigel's plug in high school (for skate product)
00:26:04 How Nigel got his first camera
00:31:39 The YouTube thing
00:44:38 Finding skaters for his YouTube videos
00:51:20 The effects of being a YouTuber on one's mental health
00:54:27 Nigel's upload schedule
00:57:46 Misconceptions about YouTube
01:05:02 is YouTube still as lucrative as it used to be?
01:05:30 The importance of YouTube thumbnails
01:09:39 Andy Schrock
01:12:12 Finding your niche on YouTube
01:15:17 Nigel's relationship with P-Rod
01:32:32 Notable moments while filming
01:38:29 Andy Anderson going big
01:41:25 Andy Anderson doing freestyle in the olympic park contest
01:43:25 Andy Anderson overload on YouTube?
01:45:02 working for/with Powell Peralta
01:51:40 Dealing with the YouTube comments
[close]

YouTuber circle jerk episode
[close]

Show was terrible. Have no idea who this dude is, checked it out and all they do is talk about youtube.
WhoCareZ am I right?
[close]

That's true for you but for people who know who he is, or wanted to know more, it was interesting enough.  The YouTube talk is relevant since many pro skaters are just now  starting to do it. So it makes sense to give credit to the original people who took that leap, even if you'll never like the idea of it.  Obviously Crob is interested in it since the show is mainly viewed via YouTube as well.

One person's "boring" is another's "interesting". All there are are opinions and no one's opinion is more right than another's.   I know this doesn't jive well with people who want to feel better than someone else, but that's just ego man. The Big Lebowski hates your fascist ways, man.
[close]

Sorry, I like the shows normally even when I don’t know who it is. But this episode was not entertaing in the least not even for background noise. YouTube is not  skateboarding. And this guy was not pleasant to listen to.

Maybe you can change my mind by donating some cash my way.  :D

My point was that it was interesting for some people, just not you, not to change your mind. I hear you though, not all episodes hit the same for anyone, we'll all have are favorites or even ones we didn't care for much. Hopefully you'll like the next one.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1801 on: August 11, 2023, 11:54:58 AM »
rkulla would you rather pee out a marble or shoot me twenty bucks?

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1802 on: August 11, 2023, 11:55:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Nigel Alexander (NKA Vids) discusses getting his first job & sponsor by 118 Boardshop, meeting a young Paul Rodriguez, getting his first camera, making the Forecast video, starting skatesite.com, making a push on his YouTube channel & working with Network A, his first check from YouTube, finding skaters for his youtube videos, working for Powell Peralta, dealing with YouTube comments and much more!

Timestamps
[close]

[close]

Show was terrible. Have no idea who this dude is, checked it out and all they do is talk about youtube.
WhoCareZ am I right?
[close]

That's true for you but for people who know who he is, or wanted to know more, it was interesting enough.  The YouTube talk is relevant since many pro skaters are just now  starting to do it. So it makes sense to give credit to the original people who took that leap, even if you'll never like the idea of it.  Obviously Crob is interested in it since the show is mainly viewed via YouTube as well.

One person's "boring" is another's "interesting". All there are are opinions and no one's opinion is more right than another's.   I know this doesn't jive well with people who want to feel better than someone else, but that's just ego man. The Big Lebowski hates your fascist ways, man.
[close]

Sorry, I like the shows normally even when I don’t know who it is. But this episode was not entertaing in the least not even for background noise. YouTube is not  skateboarding. And this guy was not pleasant to listen to.

[close]

My point was that it was interesting for some people, just not you, not to change your mind. I hear you though, not all episodes hit the same for anyone, we'll all have are favorites or even ones we didn't care for much. Hopefully you'll like the next one.

Kulla placating critics of the NKA episode is providing the optimal energy for this thread.  Assuage away, Ryan.

rkulla

« Reply #1803 on: August 11, 2023, 12:02:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Timestamps
[close]

[close]

WhoCareZ am I right?
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Kulla placating critics of the NKA episode is providing the optimal energy for this thread.  Assuage away, Ryan.

The number of pages in this thread is starting to rival the thread count of luxury sheets

KGB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1804 on: August 11, 2023, 12:41:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Timestamps
[close]

[close]

WhoCareZ am I right?
[close]

[close]

[close]

I know, I know lol. I rarely have seen one I didn’t like otherwise.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1805 on: August 11, 2023, 01:43:11 PM »
The number of pages in this thread is starting to rival the thread count of luxury sheets

If you really think that, you could be drastically misallocating your resources.  Self care is important.  Spend some of it on yourself…

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #1806 on: August 11, 2023, 02:59:59 PM »
random but, i really appreciated the keenan ode segment today. when jeron realizes that he would be 49 today… the look in his face almost made my eyes trickle. it was like you could feel that it kind of just hit him out of nowhere in that moment how long it has been and then he remembered he’s on camera. like for a very split moment he just seemed paused in disbelief of the time & kind of visioning his time with him or something. the ‘b-roll’ was just another reminder of how naturally stylish keenan really was, i often think about how big of an impact he would have made if that hadnt happened. like an actual planned full part in yeah right, a part in skate more if he didn’t dip to dc and join the dc video, pretty sweet.. all of it. imagining what could have been with keenan is equally as awesome as it is tough.

rest in peace keenan.

I just got around to watching this episode. You can definitely see Jeron getting emotional. I don't blame him.  Keenan's skateboarding definitely left an impression on my young mind. He was my inspiration for wanting to learn sw flips. I still get chills every time I hear Worldwide.

RoughStylin

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1807 on: August 11, 2023, 05:44:21 PM »
I don’t normally tune into the experience shows but did this week to hear BTS Lakai video chat with Vincent. Really dope episode. The Batb stuff was super dribbly, had to fast forward through that, but the Lakai, Keenan, and Jenkem stuff was sick to listen to/watch. Didn’t expect to enjoy it so much. Crob, Vincent and Jeron have a strong natural chemistry on camera, and good to have Tim fact checking off camera. Will give the show another chance.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #1808 on: August 11, 2023, 06:46:24 PM »
Getting the vibe that Dubbs doesnt know who Arin Lester is (think he may think its someone named Aaron). Unless he doesnt care for political correctness.

Wanted to point out again that they are on a short list of Manual Frontside flippers

Unrelated but did Javier Sarmiento do a switch frontside flip out of a manual?

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

TheDingus

« Reply #1809 on: August 11, 2023, 07:59:14 PM »
Getting the vibe that Dubbs doesnt know who Arin Lester is (think he may think its someone named Aaron). Unless he doesnt care for political correctness.

Wanted to point out again that they are on a short list of Manual Frontside flippers

Jeron definitely didn’t know who Arin was. He’s the last person that would act like that. He’s a good guy.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1810 on: August 11, 2023, 08:07:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Jeron definitely didn’t know who Arin was. He’s the last person that would act like that. He’s a good guy.

Timecode?

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #1811 on: August 11, 2023, 09:50:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Timecode?

Aren’t you the one who always posts their time stamps?

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1812 on: August 11, 2023, 09:57:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Timecode?
[close]

Aren’t you the one who always posts their time stamps?

Got’em

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #1813 on: August 12, 2023, 06:33:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Timecode?

2:24:26

https://www.youtube.com/live/N2xNDgEeGJw?feature=share

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1814 on: August 12, 2023, 06:43:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Timecode?
[close]

2:24:26

https://www.youtube.com/live/N2xNDgEeGJw?feature=share

Thanks, totally missed that watching the first time.  Certainly an honest mistake by Jeron.  I don’t think he clocked that it was Arin just hearing her name.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1815 on: August 12, 2023, 07:52:32 PM »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Natas_Fauxas

• Rep: 101
« Reply #1816 on: August 13, 2023, 09:58:27 AM »
Tomm. is Jamie Foy & Patrick Praman.
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -495
« Reply #1817 on: August 13, 2023, 10:35:07 AM »

I just realized I haven’t seen a picture of Clyde in 20 years since reading Clyde’s corner in English class.

The bunt interview was the best one last season hyped for more Clyde.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #1818 on: August 13, 2023, 11:00:30 AM »
random but, i really appreciated the keenan ode segment today. when jeron realizes that he would be 49 today… the look in his face almost made my eyes trickle. it was like you could feel that it kind of just hit him out of nowhere in that moment how long it has been and then he remembered he’s on camera. like for a very split moment he just seemed paused in disbelief of the time & kind of visioning his time with him or something. the ‘b-roll’ was just another reminder of how naturally stylish keenan really was, i often think about how big of an impact he would have made if that hadnt happened. like an actual planned full part in yeah right, a part in skate more if he didn’t dip to dc and join the dc video, pretty sweet.. all of it. imagining what could have been with keenan is equally as awesome as it is tough.

rest in peace keenan.
Fucking gnarred

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 952
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1819 on: August 13, 2023, 11:04:39 AM »
9 Club should Lenne Kirk
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1820 on: August 14, 2023, 08:21:00 AM »

Jamie Foy & Patrick Praman discusses how Patrick got on Real Skateboards, their approach to skating big rails, Patrick's turning pro surprise, Jamie's New Balance SeaDoo ad, what’s it like skating Hollywood High 16, Jamie's Sonic The Hedgehog slam aka The West Coast Humbler, Patrick's arm breaker slam, the overcrook argument, what are Jamie & Patrick working on now and much more!

Timestamps
00:00:00 Jamie Foy & Patrick Praman
00:01:41 How Jamie & Patrick met
00:07:27 Patrick's last name
00:09:52 How Patrick got on Real Skateboards
00:15:25 Our Sponsor: Athletic Greens
00:17:00 Breaking out of the local scene
00:20:37 Feeding off each other when going big
00:23:26 Jamie & Patrick's approach to skating big rails
00:26:48 Method Madness (set-ups)
00:31:09 Patrick's turning pro surprise
00:40:16 Getting in the van with the Real team
00:40:51 The catalyst for moving to California
00:48:13 Jamie's New Balance SeaDoo ad
00:54:07 Jamie's Mom towing him in
00:59:29 Jamie's current video part status
01:10:37 Jamie's sonic the hedgehog slam (West Coast Humbler)
01:16:41 Patrick's arm breaker slam
01:25:32 The Boss (Andrew Reynolds)
01:28:55 Hollywood High 16
01:47:45 Jake Iilardi biggy front board Hollywood 16 23 times in a row
01:53:42 The overcrook argument
01:57:02 What are Jamie & Patrick working on now
01:57:38 Jamie bailed on Patrick
02:13:26 The east coast humbler

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1821 on: August 14, 2023, 08:31:22 AM »
https://youtu.be/RZTADF2EZbQ?t=7947

Fuck dunno what happened to this, but have edited it.  This link should timestamp (around 2h 14m) to the moment Crob transitioned from Patrick sharing an anecdote about his kids to his mail getting lost.  It's so weird I had to rewind it to make sure my brain didn't just fuckin' die.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 07:22:52 AM by radcunt »

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #1822 on: August 15, 2023, 06:35:06 AM »
I liked the Foy/Praman episode. Never paid too much attention to either guy but they were pretty fun and thoughtful together. Seemed like crob had done some research too.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #1823 on: August 15, 2023, 08:11:40 AM »
Foy needs to learn to let other people talk at times.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #1824 on: August 16, 2023, 11:15:02 AM »

Fuck dunno what happened to this, but have edited it.  This link should timestamp (around 2h 14m) to the moment Crob transitioned from Patrick sharing an anecdote about his kids to his mail getting lost.  It's so weird I had to rewind it to make sure my brain didn't just fuckin' die.

I just checked this out and the first half is pretty good, apart from Crob repeatedly asking if he was getting paid more as the show grew.  knew he was talking about Twan when he said certain people were really upset with their episodes...then going to "hows he doing these days" made me lol. 

Funny how he mentioned how the Arto episodes werent up and Vice uploaded them yesterday 

edit: they brought up slap and patrick seems to like it
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 11:29:40 AM by Abyss1 »

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1825 on: August 16, 2023, 05:51:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I just checked this out and the first half is pretty good, apart from Crob repeatedly asking if he was getting paid more as the show grew.  knew he was talking about Twan when he said certain people were really upset with their episodes...then going to "hows he doing these days" made me lol. 

Funny how he mentioned how the Arto episodes werent up and Vice uploaded them yesterday 

Yeah, decent slap chat.  Nine Club are obviously salty, but the only people who hate Slap are the ones who deserve the criticisms levelled at them. 

TheDingus

« Reply #1826 on: August 16, 2023, 06:37:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Yeah, decent slap chat.  Nine Club are obviously salty, but the only people who hate Slap are the ones who deserve the criticisms levelled at them.

You know Patrick only said he liked slap to avoid the drama here. Nobody in the industry likes this mess.

burntout

• Rep: -46
« Reply #1827 on: August 16, 2023, 06:44:52 PM »

Great guy but I agree.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1828 on: August 16, 2023, 10:00:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Great guy but I agree.

Like, he was increasingly like, more interruptive as the episode like, went on ... like, let other people tell like, their own story like

Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #1829 on: August 17, 2023, 01:53:39 AM »

Sounds like a Seinfeld bit. Someone talking about their kids which are not your kids, so just start taking about Newman stealing your mail.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus