Author Topic: Banksy's warehouse extravaganza  (Read 6728 times)

syn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Banksy's warehouse extravaganza
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2006, 07:58:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
thats so tite bansky makes such fuxxing c00l soicial comentary i love his stecel work too he is my hero
[close]

YEH I KNOW him and neckface are like the perfect combo
[close]
thats my dream collabo

Banksy X Neckface X Nike X Vans. I hope stupid sneakerheads pay thousands of dollars for that crap.

Some of Banksy's stuff is real good: the wall stencils in Gaza, the street stuff, vandalising 'real' art. But lately what he's been doing seems like a cash-in on the name he's made for himself

and fuck Neckface, that no talent wack motherfucker. THAT is pure hipster bullshit right there. His artwork consists of shitty Ed Templeton rip-off monsters that suck and photos on EpiclyLater'd. Why the hell is he even famous?  Forget I even mentioned his name, and forget who he is too
Skateboarding has already been bought, sold, packaged and sailed down the river. We were just too busy being cool to notice - Vibetek

Mizzark

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2006, 08:05:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
thats so tite bansky makes such fuxxing c00l soicial comentary i love his stecel work too he is my hero
[close]

YEH I KNOW him and neckface are like the perfect combo
[close]
thats my dream collabo
[close]

Banksy X Neckface X Nike X Vans. I hope stupid sneakerheads pay thousands of dollars for that crap.

Some of Banksy's stuff is real good: the wall stencils in Gaza, the street stuff, vandalising 'real' art. But lately what he's been doing seems like a cash-in on the name he's made for himself

and fuck Neckface, that no talent wack motherfucker. THAT is pure hipster bullshit right there. His artwork consists of shitty Ed Templeton rip-off monsters that suck and photos on EpiclyLater'd. Why the hell is he even famous?  Forget I even mentioned his name, and forget who he is too

yeah, I'll admit banksy has done some cool shit, but neckface aint got shit

fuckingvegan

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2006, 08:45:39 PM »
Bansky has talent but I am pissed at him for painting a live elephant for that show, I thought the whole time it was a fake statue, but turns out to be real.

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2006, 10:45:32 PM »
Bansky has talent but I am pissed at him for painting a live elephant for that show, I thought the whole time it was a fake statue, but turns out to be real.

there have been a few articles in the LA Times about the whole elephant thing. the animal rights groups are pretty angry.
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

Mizzork

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2006, 10:52:12 PM »
He graffitied cows before.  I guess he just doesn't give a fuck.

shfaced

• Rep: 0
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2006, 02:56:29 AM »
ass-clowns

im not sure how having an art show after YEARS of getting up all around the world makes you some sort of sell out...he has nothing to do with who ends up at his shows, unless you have the letter he wrote brad pitt beggin him to make it to his show so he can become famous im not convinced that he's sold out in any way...

jesus he's been up to this shit for years and now all of a sudden you little shit talkers give a fuck if he sells his paintings??? gimme a break...at least the money is going to someone who can appreciate it...

why the fuck am i bothering...

you win

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2006, 03:33:34 AM »
Now, I'm betting the guy on the left is thinking, "Fuck, this would look sooooo good on a pair of SB's..."

If give Banksy(s) about one year before cashing in this fame, and totally Michael Mooring his popularity into the "My parents don't understand" suburb wallets.

That douchebag in his sneaker sums up pretty well what anyone who likes banksy is about.

Seriously banksy is the epitome of shit art. Just plain clumsy crap. Goes well with vans, nike sb's, ipods, artsy screenprinted t-shirts, flat top caps  and all these scene fags running around wearing that shit. Criticizing the stablishment.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2006, 06:55:54 AM »
Some of you people are just plain dumb.

Noboru

• Rep: 8
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2006, 07:01:31 AM »
gonna agree with corto here

if you wanna see something provocative and funny look up david shrigley

People need People because of other People

• Rep: 3
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2006, 07:36:25 AM »
Some of you people are just plain dumb.

true.

I was thinking differently on Banksy painting the animals. I thought he was saving their life. temporarily

Cliche Guevara

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2006, 08:56:41 AM »
Seriously banksy is the epitome of shit art. Just plain clumsy crap. Goes well with vans, nike sb's, ipods, artsy screenprinted t-shirts, flat top caps  and all these scene fags running around wearing that shit. Criticizing the stablishment.

Do you want to comment on what you don't like about the work or do you just care about what the kids are wearing?

fuckingvegan

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2006, 09:14:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you want to comment on what you don't like about the work or do you just care about what the kids are wearing?

It is super trendy to worry about not being even the smallest bit "hipster" so much so that kids are now just as bad as sneaker nerds trying not to be sneaker nerds.

Cliche Guevara

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2006, 09:39:31 AM »
^^^^ Ahhh.  Thanks, Veegs.

isaac

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2006, 10:37:53 AM »
what? you made my head hurt. fuck being cool.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2006, 10:48:28 AM »
So the object of being cool, is pretending not to be cool, but acting cool and pretending to not know you're cool.

In some peoples eyes.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2006, 10:58:15 AM »
Like, if a girl had a really nice set of tits, but a face like Nate's, you're supposed to cover up the tits and go to town on her pussy?

Vegan, I don't understand.

Honestly can everone chill on the nate BS, do we really need 20 threads ruined with it?

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2006, 11:27:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well first of all I agree my post was stupid because of its hatefulness. I should not've put my words like that. Small minded rant you know...

I just  think the most of the time his art tries to be intelligent and witty in a wack ass way.  In general I think it's weak when an artist makes his works to be some sort of enigma, were the viewer is challenged to sort out what is ment with each element in it. Anyone who does art knows it's easy to hide behind the "if you're deep enough you'll get my drift" -card. It protects the artist from being questioned and makes it seem like he has big thoughts behind his work.  The criticism Banksy makes through his works is just clumsy. Putting ufos in a scenery painting or making fun of Paris Hilton just isn't good art, in my opinion.

There are loads of good artists but to me he's not one of them. Ok, I tried to reply to you as well as I could so please don't butcher me.

Cliche Guevara

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2006, 11:42:04 AM »
^^^^ Hey man, I'm just stoked that you actually responded to the question instead of insulting me.  I'm totally into you not digging the work, for whatever reason.  We all have things we like and things we don't.  It just bugs me when people just segregate and hate something because of how the people that like it look or whatever.  But that's the world that we live in.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2006, 12:19:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well first of all I agree my post was stupid because of its hatefulness. I should not've put my words like that. Small minded rant you know...

I just  think the most of the time his art tries to be intelligent and witty in a wack ass way.  In general I think it's weak when an artist makes his works to be some sort of enigma, were the viewer is challenged to sort out what is ment with each element in it. Anyone who does art knows it's easy to hide behind the "if you're deep enough you'll get my drift" -card. It protects the artist from being questioned and makes it seem like he has big thoughts behind his work.  The criticism Banksy makes through his works is just clumsy. Putting ufos in a scenery painting or making fun of Paris Hilton just isn't good art, in my opinion.

There are loads of good artists but to me he's not one of them. Ok, I tried to reply to you as well as I could so please don't butcher me.

See that makes sense, now if all posters where half as smart this place would be rad again.

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2006, 02:04:30 PM »
Shit man when i lived in Southwark, Banky's must have to, before he was "famous" he was out doing some of the best "work" (for a better term) i've ever seen, his shit was well place and fucking genius.

If you'd lived in London 6-7 years ago, you'd have see a lot of better stuff that had no media attention, that's made me like him, it's like everyone hating on Penny, then pretending they loved him all along

Banky's "matured" over time and like all "artist" being underground doesn't pay fuck all, however gallery's do, he's kept himself out of the media pretty fucking well, no interviews, just some classic gems and some horrid fuck ups, but it's all a learning curve.

I have a lot of respect for his shit, if you'd seen some of it in "real life" with no idea who the guy was or what it was all about, you'd love it, i think there's a soft spot for him in Southwark/London Brigde area, i prefer him ALOT MORE than some "other" British artists that are just total shite - but have the money to force there piss on the public and media support

More orginality from Mr Banky's than i've seen from alot of other "artist" in the last 10 years
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

Mizzork

« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2006, 06:01:31 PM »

Lakai or die

• Rep: -1
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2006, 06:20:55 PM »
You're avatar reminds me of pontoon boat

where the fuck is that cat at

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2006, 07:12:36 PM »
You're avatar reminds me of pontoon boat

where the fuck is that cat at

CHOMP CHOMP. . . .
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

Mizzark

« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2006, 07:40:09 PM »
hahah godamn you guys are fucking nerds

BlackSeptember

« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2006, 09:02:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah dude, drawing  a picture in a sketchbook making fun of paris hilton is a little different than making actual professional looking cds with actual barcodes so they can be sold. 
 Big thoughts behind his work? They're pretty obvious to the viewer, so much so that you would have to be regular to ask  the meaning.
You are stupid. That's all there is to it. 

syn

• Rep: 5
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2006, 01:25:52 AM »
Aaron Snyder made a quick buck with learning not how to smell like a man in a commercial.

I just saw Snyder's part in "Get Tricks or Die Trying' the other day. Who let that wack, jock, old-spice motherfucker into skateboarding? Who keeps paying his bills?
Skateboarding has already been bought, sold, packaged and sailed down the river. We were just too busy being cool to notice - Vibetek