Author Topic: oski medal madness  (Read 2447 times)

heinzketchup

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 55
oski medal madness
« on: April 28, 2024, 01:08:36 AM »

mini doc with some lovely skating

ExpensiveHandjoe

• Rep: 22
Re: oski medal madness
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2024, 01:32:31 AM »
you dont see plumbers making videos about how plumbing is stressful and difficult

lurkluke

• Rep: 189
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2024, 02:01:05 AM »
you dont see plumbers making videos about how plumbing is stressful and difficult

Just looked up "plumbing stress" on YouTube and plumbers make lots of videos on the subject

Shtonk

• Rep: -420
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2024, 03:42:50 AM »
He's moved from Malmo, Sweden to Austin, Texas and lists good food as one of the reasons? Is he OK can somebody check on him please? He looks perpetually uncomfortable in that clip. what the fuck is in Texas!? Haven't been to Austin but Houston is, at least from my European perspective, the worst city I have ever been. I'm not vegetarian, but the stuff they serve out there almost made me.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 03:55:05 AM by Shtonk »

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 952
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2024, 05:31:12 AM »
Started at 9. I kinda assumed it was something like that. His style is so smooth and flowing it had to be
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2024, 06:02:41 AM »
He's moved from Malmo, Sweden to Austin, Texas and lists good food as one of the reasons? Is he OK can somebody check on him please? He looks perpetually uncomfortable in that clip. what the fuck is in Texas!? Haven't been to Austin but Houston is, at least from my European perspective, the worst city I have ever been. I'm not vegetarian, but the stuff they serve out there almost made me.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2024, 08:20:37 AM »
How old is Oski? I swear, this is like the third documentary on him. Good skater but this is a little too much. Be a little modest my dude.

Scarecrow Radio

• Rep: 30
  • we are the music makers
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2024, 09:15:17 AM »
He's my favorite transition skater. The way he flows from trick to trick in a bowl is really something special

mikevsleftlightningtat

• Rep: -4
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2024, 10:07:23 AM »

Oh man, I want to go on a rant but I’ll leave you with this. Houston is one of, if not the most culturally diverse cities in the US, resulting in a beautiful melting pot of top notch cuisine. Admitting you don’t even live in the US and are vegetarian it seems as if you don’t have a dog in the fight to give a legit reason why Houston rubbed you the wrong way. Houston stand up

ApesPissed

• Rep: 59
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2024, 10:31:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oh man, I want to go on a rant but I’ll leave you with this. Houston is one of, if not the most culturally diverse cities in the US, resulting in a beautiful melting pot of top notch cuisine. Admitting you don’t even live in the US and are vegetarian it seems as if you don’t have a dog in the fight to give a legit reason why Houston rubbed you the wrong way. Houston stand up
I don’t really care about this conversation, but shtonk said they weren’t vegetarian. You can get good food and shit food in Austin and Houston, and damn near anywhere from my experience.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 861
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2024, 10:57:49 AM »
How could he leave the great Swedish cuisine behind

ashthrower

• Rep: -11
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2024, 11:28:42 AM »
hes cool but he shouldve stayed in sweden and not became an austin transplant

Shtonk

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2024, 03:17:08 PM »
ok guys, let's leave the food discussion aside (although I stand by my opinion that charcoaling pre-cooked greasy meat drowned in marinade is the zombie version of barbecue). Would also love to know how Houston is more culturally diverse than LA or NY?

But really, what would make you move to Texas from Sweden as a professional skateboarder? He's a bowl-guy, why doesn't he go to Oregon? He loves basketball, why isn't he in Cali or New York? Do the rest of you really not find this curious at all? Who was the last pro skater who moved to Austin? Is his girl there maybe? A Nike factory / training facility? Lurpiv?

ApesPissed

• Rep: 59
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2024, 03:59:03 PM »
ok guys, let's leave the food discussion aside (although I stand by my opinion that charcoaling pre-cooked greasy meat drowned in marinade is the zombie version of barbecue). Would also love to know how Houston is more culturally diverse than LA or NY?

But really, what would make you move to Texas from Sweden as a professional skateboarder? He's a bowl-guy, why doesn't he go to Oregon? He loves basketball, why isn't he in Cali or New York? Do the rest of you really not find this curious at all? Who was the last pro skater who moved to Austin? Is his girl there maybe? A Nike factory / training facility? Lurpiv?
House park

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2024, 08:19:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
House park

Probably taxes

SkatingOnNeptune

• Rep: -20
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2024, 09:01:37 PM »
He's broing down with Joe Rogan and crew

heinzketchup

• Rep: 55
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2024, 11:06:03 PM »

He lived in sweden his whole live and wanted to mix it up, hes probably not staying in Texas forever, why not if he had good experiences there

FakieDisaster

• Rep: 30
  • old leg
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2024, 12:15:40 AM »
are Lurpiv trucks made in Texas?

mikevsleftlightningtat

• Rep: -4
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2024, 06:24:35 AM »

Figgy and Neen are two examples of pros moving to Texas in the last couple years. It’s a great place all around, sure the weathers harsh and if you don’t like it then don’t come here? Also Houston is an international port city, a short drive to Mexico and is the 4th largest city in the country. Do you really think we’re only full of Texas born citizens?? Thousands of people immigrate to the major cities in Texas bringing knowledge and cuisine with them, Houston being 45min from the gulf, it’s a popular landing spot where many find success to easily blow up the “zombie version of bbq” nonsense.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 791
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2024, 06:31:20 AM »

hell nah, china baby

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -99
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2024, 06:51:12 AM »
Houston is low key one of the best food cities in the country it is way more international than people think and its cheap.  Tons of Vietnamese mixing with cajun, BBQ etc. 

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2024, 07:00:34 AM »
Perhaps Oski likes living in Texas and has a good setup for his lifestyle, wild theory I know but hear me out

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2024, 05:13:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

seconding that Houston is dope.
fourth largest city in the US like you mentioned, too often forgotten in the NY vs LA discussion

breezer

• Rep: -16
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2024, 06:15:38 AM »
Oski on Zorlac? 

djoekr

• Rep: 313
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2024, 06:20:18 AM »
Maybe Oski's a diehard DJ Screw stan?
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2024, 06:34:20 AM »
his girlfried is american, isnt she? maybe she's from texas or so or couldnt get visa or anything similar

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 638
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2024, 06:49:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hell nah, china baby

Could be Taiwan like the AF1

ejazzle

• Rep: 82
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2024, 07:40:54 AM »

How are you from the EU and have no clue how terrible of a place Malmo is to live? Its one of the most dangerous cities in the EU. Place is a warzone with gangs and violence. In Austin he'll be surrounded by college kids and hipsters. Stark contrast from Malmo.

Shtonk

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2024, 11:23:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How are you from the EU and have no clue how terrible of a place Malmo is to live? Its one of the most dangerous cities in the EU. Place is a warzone with gangs and violence. In Austin he'll be surrounded by college kids and hipsters. Stark contrast from Malmo.

Just in case anyone's wondering: he's joking. Texas is the place where they're censoring school books and openly carry guns around. Great cuisine tho I'm sure...

apbarbs

• Rep: 50
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2024, 11:41:07 AM »
how is this even a discussion

oski likes to skate, there's less places to skate in the winter in malmo
why bother speculating why he chose austin, why does anyone choose anywhere to live? often it's because we have friends or an existing network there

if you're citing cuisine as a reason not to make this move, you clearly haven't spent much time in sweden