Author Topic: The least unlocked trick  (Read 2175 times)

Rocuronium

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
The least unlocked trick
« on: September 27, 2021, 04:26:19 PM »
Has gotta be the backside power slide, right? 

The only ones I've seen longer than a couple of feet were on waxed, wet or icy surfaces.
Pretty wild that there are longer backside noseblunt slides down handrails than the humble bsps!
What makes this basic maneuver so untamable?
How is it that Torey Pudwill can bsts 60 feet but not do a fraction of that on all four wheels?
Even GX1000 crew hasn't figured it out.

It must have something to do with our skeletal anatomy and the way we shift our balance to compensate since it's pretty easy to do long-ass frontside powerslides.
The other weird thing is that powersliding on a skateboard and sideslipping on a snowboard are pretty much the same maneuvers and sideslipping backside on your toe edge is super easy.

[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
Re: The least unlocked trick
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 04:34:43 PM »
I agree. 

aàáâäæãå

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 04:35:18 PM »
I’m not a physicist, but I think you have to get fully perpendicular on the surface to evenly distribute your weight for an extended slide. I’m not a psychologist either, but the fear of scorpioning while being completely blind may be prohibitive.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 04:47:28 PM »
In all seriousness, what would the purpose of backside powersliding for that long be? People do them frontside longer after a trick or into a wall because they can see and keep their hands out for safety or to stop themselves. What would be the benefit of doing it backside other than “I did the longest backside powerslide ever”?

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 04:50:02 PM »
In all seriousness, what would the purpose of backside powersliding for that long be? People do them frontside longer after a trick or into a wall because they can see and keep their hands out for safety or to stop themselves. What would be the benefit of doing it backside other than “I did the longest backside powerslide ever”?

Right, it's an unnecessary and difficult movement. See these two gentlemen execute them in the proper short, controlled manner

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1146
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 04:52:46 PM »
In all seriousness, what would the purpose of backside powersliding for that long be?

Because it looks cool.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 05:10:23 PM »
those SF hill bombs are fucking insane. To bomb SF caliber hills in an urban environment is fucking nuts

flippy lippy

• Rep: -23
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2021, 05:13:42 PM »
Yall don't know longboarders man they've got the whole powerslide game held down

Still don't see people inward heeling into shit

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2021, 05:30:30 PM »
In all seriousness I don’t know what you’re talking about. My friends and I were just fucking around the other day powersliding as far as we could and I’m never one to toot my own horn but was easily getting a good 10 foot backside powerslide. You could see the marks from some dust in the street. Surely someone less average than us could go much further if they wanted to.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2021, 05:41:00 PM »
Well when people hold really long back lips and noseblunts on ledges they wax the shit out of it and usually have to attempt it for a while to get the clip.

Backside powerslides are generally a utility maneuver for speed checking when bombing hills so it doesn't make sense to try and really hold it when you're somewhat prone to slipping out especially compared to a frontside one.

Unless you're on some magenta shit nobody is really spending their whole session filming or trying really long backside powerslides.

If you waxed the ground or found a good hill and actually had people do a long backside powerslide contest where they tried it like the try an actual trick I'm sure you'd see some really long ones.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2021, 05:52:27 PM »
In all seriousness I don’t know what you’re talking about. My friends and I were just fucking around the other day powersliding as far as we could and I’m never one to toot my own horn but was easily getting a good 10 foot backside powerslide. You could see the marks from some dust in the street. Surely someone less average than us could go much further if they wanted to.

I think honestly they're not easy to control for most, making long ones less useful than fs slides, and therefore less commonly mastered. Since powerslides aren't typically something people do for fun (unless they were born slippy  ;)), I understand why average people can't often do them well... they just don't do them often enough. Long ones on flat are fun but usually skid to a stop or a very slow roll in my experience.

Lots of skaters obviously do sick ones without a second thought (especially GX crew or other hill aficionados). I think I saw some recent Eddie Cernicky footage where he did a nice long one mid hill bomb, and it looked sick.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2021, 06:35:20 PM »

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2021, 07:39:31 PM »

CannerSpaghetti

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2021, 08:10:02 PM »
One time I ollied a grass gap that didn't have much landing. Pretty much had about 15 feet and then it was bushes. Always been a frontside powerslide guy, never tried to actually slide backside, but my brain went backside this time. Did the meanest fucking bsps for probably 6 feet fully 90 degrees and went to fakie for a gentle stop. I cannot do it again and probably never will.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2021, 08:30:19 PM »

You just need to start riding OJ’s
fuck you bama

Mother Goose.

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2021, 09:23:54 PM »
I think I read it was a cardiel glove or something like that from a page spread of toad possibly doing a cardiel glove in the photo. tsm, skateboarder, not sure.

IpathCats

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2021, 09:37:39 PM »
I used to downhill skate a good bit. I can do them for a few feet at least.

Heywood Jeblowme

• Rep: -23
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2021, 09:58:49 PM »
One time I ollied a grass gap that didn't have much landing. Pretty much had about 15 feet and then it was bushes. Always been a frontside powerslide guy, never tried to actually slide backside, but my brain went backside this time. Did the meanest fucking bsps for probably 6 feet fully 90 degrees and went to fakie for a gentle stop. I cannot do it again and probably never will.
Sums up the addiction to planking succinctly

Bread-Roll

• Rep: -8
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2021, 10:51:47 PM »
Me using my dumptruck of a ass to stop myself against a wall

somefucker

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2021, 09:33:18 AM »

you could really put anything after "What would be the benefit of.."

What would be the benefit of learning to kickflip?

it's fun. it make happy

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 201
  • breathcakes
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2021, 11:46:51 AM »
backside powerslides are way easier for me. i cannot figure out frontside ones. i also am very afraid of regular boardslides but okay with frontside. it's all based on comfort.

i still don't understand what is meant by 'unlocked'?

Letsfilmavideo

• Rep: 16
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2021, 06:00:48 PM »
I always got one of my boys holdin a jar of leak and a fat blunt, so as soon as i land the trick we gettin wet you know?

Hotpocket

• Rep: -26
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2021, 07:38:37 PM »
I’ve hit like 15-20 feet before lol

Formula Four baby

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2021, 08:38:07 PM »
I’ve hit like 15-20 feet before lol

Formula Four baby

Nice!
I'm gonna check that out because I find the bs kind so much fuNNER, and they look stylish too!
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2021, 09:03:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Right, it's an unnecessary and difficult movement. See these two gentlemen execute them in the proper short, controlled manner
"Get a car, loser" ;D

_goldenlotionbottle

• Rep: 0
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2021, 05:34:46 AM »
A good varial flip

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2021, 05:53:48 AM »
Expand Quote
In all seriousness, what would the purpose of backside powersliding for that long be?
[close]

Because it looks cool.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2021, 06:03:37 AM »
Maybe the best I’ve ever seen

I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea