Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 797499 times)

Mulldrifter and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

cosmicgypsies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #1470 on: December 24, 2018, 02:04:24 PM »

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #1471 on: December 24, 2018, 02:14:18 PM »
Okay Loophole officially has my attention. They’re posting some of the work behind making wheels on Instagram. They’re made in the USA and it looks like they’ve got a few different shapes.
The 56mm conicals on their story were calling my name

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #1472 on: December 24, 2018, 03:10:54 PM »
I saw some loophole samples before they were loopholes at the shop, they were essentially brown.

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #1473 on: December 24, 2018, 10:29:24 PM »
office hours are good, same factory as prize fighter. sylvain tognelli skates for them and apparently mike arnold and maybe max palmer are going to as well.
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #1474 on: December 25, 2018, 06:11:51 AM »

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1149
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1475 on: December 25, 2018, 09:11:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
so harder wheels are better for tailslides?  ;D
sorry if asked before pals.
[close]
especially if you ride thunders
[close]

Since Indy's and such usually hit more of the baseplate than the wheels right?

That’s the one thing that kind of bugs me about thunders. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #1476 on: December 25, 2018, 09:52:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
so harder wheels are better for tailslides?  ;D
sorry if asked before pals.
[close]
especially if you ride thunders
[close]

Since Indy's and such usually hit more of the baseplate than the wheels right?
[close]

That’s the one thing that kind of bugs me about thunders.

What ever happened to those extended thunder plates? Feels like a long time ago that we hear of them.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #1477 on: December 26, 2018, 03:36:07 PM »
Interesting.

Well, I'm convinced those wheels are slippery as fuck. I guess that was the goal. Good job Bones.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1478 on: December 27, 2018, 09:16:21 AM »
I like those easy streets for streets. Felt way too slow at the park. They do slide like glass and feel smoother than the standard STF, so good on them!

Formula 4's still the best imo, by a lot.

FWIW: I tested both setups with the same swiss 6, one with 52mm 101 f4s the other with 53mm 99 easy streets and the spitfires blew it out of the water as far as speed
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 07:28:45 AM by Firebert »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
« Reply #1479 on: December 27, 2018, 05:19:32 PM »
I've skated mine a bunch at the park and don't notice too much of a difference, could just be because they are new....street smoother for sure and they slide well but quiet...a much softer slide.  Almost like some longboard type shit....can't argue it though, they work. 

More than their performance, the main reason I'm backing bones is to spite spitfire people....go bones! 

Diocletian

« Reply #1480 on: December 28, 2018, 12:48:24 AM »
To anyone who has skated the new easy streets, do you think they’re too slippery for indoor?

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #1481 on: December 28, 2018, 07:26:38 AM »
To anyone who has skated the new easy streets, do you think they’re too slippery for indoor?
No, I think they'd be great for that dusty indoor park actually

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #1482 on: December 28, 2018, 07:35:00 AM »
200 posts and still a harmonious rep. Perfect balance. You must say everything, while saying nothing. Or maybe sometimes saying nothing says everything? You have life figured out so well Diocletian.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1149
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1483 on: December 28, 2018, 07:41:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
200 posts and still a harmonious rep. Perfect balance. You must say everything, while saying nothing. Or maybe sometimes saying nothing says everything? You have life figured out so well Diocletian.

I can’t imagine the pressure he feels living on a razor’s edge like that.  Knowing that he’s one stray comment about durags away from catastrophe.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #1484 on: December 28, 2018, 08:07:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I can’t imagine the pressure he feels living on a razor’s edge like that.  Knowing that he’s one stray comment about durags away from catastrophe.
If Gip ever returns, he will blast that rep to oblivion.
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
« Reply #1485 on: December 28, 2018, 02:49:59 PM »
I skated the easy streets in a slippery indoor and they felt pretty normal....It's a good question though because they are suppose to a softer wheel that still slides, where an SPF is a harder wheel that sticks....they didn't help me but didn't make things worse....

It's me getting more OCD, but lately I put in a tiny bit of coconut oil around where the bearing sits in the wheel, just so it's exactly where it should be.  Often if you just use the press or use your axel, the bearing can be a bit off, if you ever skate a cored wheel, I at least like how they pop in perfectly.  The bit of lubricant makes the bearing to in easier which is prolly better for it too.  It's just bad news because a bit more grease attracts dirt.....

Carry on....

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #1486 on: December 28, 2018, 03:51:17 PM »
Did we ever get confirmation on the rumour that EVERYONE is riding Lock-in's backwards? That the bigger logo'd side is really supposed to be on the inside. But then the outer surface is just flat? Doesn't make sense.

Tally810

• Rep: -9
« Reply #1487 on: December 28, 2018, 04:10:10 PM »
Did we ever get confirmation on the rumour that EVERYONE is riding Lock-in's backwards? That the bigger logo'd side is really supposed to be on the inside. But then the outer surface is just flat? Doesn't make sense.
Not that this is confirmation but I did get a pair of lockins for Christmas from my brother and only after one session today it's pretty obvious that the flat side goes on the inside as it actually was locking in on the flat bar quite well

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #1488 on: December 28, 2018, 09:13:49 PM »

We got confirmation that the only people riding them backwards are the ones who put big logos in. 

Arto Saari

• Rep: 33
  • hasta la vista.. bear
« Reply #1489 on: December 29, 2018, 02:22:06 AM »
I like those easy streets for streets. Felt way too slow at the park. They do slide like glass and feel smoother than the standard STF, so good on them!

FWIW: I tested both setups with the same swiss 6, one with 52mm 101 f4s the other with 53mm 99 easy streets and the spitfires blew it out of the water as far as speed
Im not sure this is a fair comparison. 101s are going to feel faster on a smooth park surface because they are harder. 99 v4s vs 99 easy streets would be the proper way to compare the two. As an STF rider I'm really eager to try the easy streets. STF are just too hard for midwestern street spots

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #1490 on: January 02, 2019, 08:21:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I'm not sure this is a fair comparison. 101s are going to feel faster on a smooth park surface because they are harder. 99 v4s vs 99 easy streets would be the proper way to compare the two. As an STF rider I'm really eager to try the easy streets. STF are just too hard for midwestern street spots
It is is fair in that each wheel is good for their own purpose - just what I said, Easy Streets are good for asphalt - f4s are good for smooth crete. I went back to the park with fresh f499s to compare to easy streets - f4s still faster, but they feel harder as well. Has to be the urethane. All in all, I'd rather have f4s of any hardness for all around skating. Just my opinion from 20 years exp.

If I was going to be skating asphalt all day, or an indoor park, I might lean towards the bones.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 08:23:55 AM by Firebert »

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 791
« Reply #1491 on: January 03, 2019, 03:54:10 PM »
when i was skating today i noticed that my wheel (spitfire f4) has cracked. it’s kinda weird as it has never happened to me before and i don’t really know what to expect now. i removed the bearings to see what’s up with it in there and it’s cracked all the way through the middle to the inner side of the wheel. what should i do?

Festivus

• Rep: 12
  • For the rest of us
« Reply #1492 on: January 03, 2019, 04:08:45 PM »
when i was skating today i noticed that my wheel (spitfire f4) has cracked. it’s kinda weird as it has never happened to me before and i don’t really know what to expect now. i removed the bearings to see what’s up with it in there and it’s cracked all the way through the middle to the inner side of the wheel. what should i do?

Shoot an email over to [email protected]

ultrabra

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1493 on: January 12, 2019, 07:55:50 AM »
Hi everybody. Has anyone skated Girl happy cruiser wheels? 85a duro.
For example these vs Keyframes.
Thanks.

https://crailstore.com/products/happy-wheels

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1494 on: January 12, 2019, 01:20:26 PM »
I skated the easy streets in a slippery indoor and they felt pretty normal....It's a good question though because they are suppose to a softer wheel that still slides, where an SPF is a harder wheel that sticks....they didn't help me but didn't make things worse....

It's me getting more OCD, but lately I put in a tiny bit of coconut oil around where the bearing sits in the wheel, just so it's exactly where it should be.  Often if you just use the press or use your axel, the bearing can be a bit off, if you ever skate a cored wheel, I at least like how they pop in perfectly.  The bit of lubricant makes the bearing to in easier which is prolly better for it too.  It's just bad news because a bit more grease attracts dirt.....

Carry on....

I use the same 91% isopropyl alchohol I use to clean the bearings.  It evaporates almost instantly but stays wet long enough to slide them all the way in good and flush.

somedudefromnj

« Reply #1495 on: January 15, 2019, 11:08:37 AM »
so i just set up some 52 mm waywards after fucking with the juice exclusively for years. They are way better than all of my last few oj sets. will check back in after a few weeks of wear

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #1496 on: January 16, 2019, 02:21:52 AM »
If someone sends me a set of easy streets I’ll make a review on the ole YouTube and you’ll all see my wack ass skating and kookiness
yes

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1497 on: January 16, 2019, 07:50:19 AM »
I ordered these last night.
I’ve never had OJs but daddies had that extra 25% off clearance code haha.
Anyone try the Elites yet?
F4s are my fav wheels generally.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 791
« Reply #1498 on: January 17, 2019, 05:17:58 AM »
Expand Quote

big photo

Shoot an email over to [email protected]
[close]

yeah he didn't answer. did anyone have a similar problem? i don't really want to buy new wheels now because f4s are kinda expensive and i can't really get myself to skate anything else

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #1499 on: January 17, 2019, 07:18:54 AM »
complements sent me a set of ty evans ATF wheels and they're 10x better than my keyframes bless up plus they got the chomp on this graphic on them so i'm hella happy

good come sausage