Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 798613 times)

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #2040 on: September 04, 2019, 01:13:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Opinions about Bones STF’s vs Easy streets? Anyone one tried both?
[close]

STF's always felt too hard and slippery for me.  Easy Streets are just right.  Pretty similar to 99a F4's but a little more grip and a little less slide.

Below would be my ranking in order from hard/slippery to softer/grippier -

STF
101a F4
99a F4
Easy Streets

This is a pretty spot on ranking, and STFs for sure feel the weirdest and hardest of the bunch.

yapple dapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2041 on: September 04, 2019, 06:39:46 PM »
80hd Chargers are bogus. Barely rode these. Anybody got a Spitfire contact for me?

Send Reed an email with a pic. [email protected]
DLX has the best customer service.

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #2042 on: September 05, 2019, 09:43:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

STF's always felt too hard and slippery for me.  Easy Streets are just right.  Pretty similar to 99a F4's but a little more grip and a little less slide.

STF
101a F4
99a F4
Easy Streets
[close]

This is a pretty spot on ranking, and STFs for sure feel the weirdest and hardest of the bunch.

To me stf start feeling better after a good bit of break in and even though they feel super hard and slide well, i have the least surprise wipeouts.

my f4s seemed to get harder to slide purposefully and easier when i want them to stick, like fast downhill turns.

somehow stf feel more consistent at different speeds than f4s

PMA

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #2043 on: September 05, 2019, 06:25:25 PM »
Expand Quote
80hd Chargers are bogus. Barely rode these. Anybody got a Spitfire contact for me?

[close]
Send Reed an email with a pic. [email protected]
DLX has the best customer service.
Thanks so much sweetie

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #2044 on: September 05, 2019, 06:37:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

STF
101a F4
99a F4
Easy Streets
[close]

[close]

To me stf start feeling better after a good bit of break in and even though they feel super hard and slide well, i have the least surprise wipeouts.

my f4s seemed to get harder to slide purposefully and easier when i want them to stick, like fast downhill turns.

I have Bones stf easy streets 52mm and they do exactly what I want them to do and I’ve never had problems with them. They seem to ride faster like they are a bigger wheel on rough street. I like spitfire classics but after giving these a shot I’m pleasantly surprised. Also slightly into the idea of my bearings and wheels being made by same company.

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #2045 on: September 05, 2019, 06:47:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
has anyone skated these? could build a cruiser with a set of softer wheels, but i don't want to go too fluffy.

[close]

I had a set of the 92a ditch witches in 56mm. IMO they're not worth it...very slow, poor slide, and my 99 F4s honestly perform better on the same shitty spots.
[close]

Posted this a while ago and want to walk it back.

Gave these another try because the 60mm I bought felt a little too tall and they're the only thing I have that isn't worn to sub-50. They don't slide very well but they do slide, they weren't slow, and they felt really nice on the shitty pavement I usually skate. I'm kind of into them.

I’m into the ditch witch, I keep them on a set up and rode them as my main wheels for over a year, but I have found them to be slow and too sticky sometimes. Feel great really broken in, I feel like I can get higher up on walls when doing wallrides. I like Keyframes those will pull up a wall too and are durable enough for regular street skating

nectar

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2046 on: September 05, 2019, 09:46:06 PM »
65mm x 36mm 83A clears @ green ... picked em up n belize... foolz wanted me 2 stick around n wax g string bikinis w traditional 2 piece bikini tan lines but of course i called bs on dat 1...

Reese

« Reply #2047 on: September 05, 2019, 10:02:06 PM »
We need the bear to decipher this text, it could be important

Diocletian

« Reply #2048 on: September 06, 2019, 02:14:43 AM »
Tried Speedlab’s for the first time recently and they’re really good. Super fast, loud chirp on the powerslide, and it’s a very controllable slide like F4’s. Bad part was I got tossed on a weird mess up when I went to slappy. Bearing seized, but I just kept skating. Got home to swap it with a backup and no bearing would go in this wheel no matter how hard I tried. Tested all the other wheels and they popped out and in perfectly.

So, not sure what the hell happened but someone from Speedlab is sending me just one wheel, which I found kinda odd, but at least they fulfill their warranty policy. 

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #2049 on: September 06, 2019, 07:55:29 AM »

How the fuck did that happen? that is seriously fucked beyond belief.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2050 on: September 06, 2019, 10:13:12 AM »
I'm guessing a slappie caused it. That's the back wheel on my toe side.

nectar

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2051 on: September 06, 2019, 10:31:16 PM »
62 x 25 ? @ 83a purrrply orang skiff slashiez buchachazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JB77

« Reply #2052 on: September 10, 2019, 09:48:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
has anyone skated these? could build a cruiser with a set of softer wheels, but i don't want to go too fluffy.

[close]

I had a set of the 92a ditch witches in 56mm. IMO they're not worth it...very slow, poor slide, and my 99 F4s honestly perform better on the same shitty spots.
[close]

Posted this a while ago and want to walk it back.

Gave these another try because the 60mm I bought felt a little too tall and they're the only thing I have that isn't worn to sub-50. They don't slide very well but they do slide, they weren't slow, and they felt really nice on the shitty pavement I usually skate. I'm kind of into them.
[close]

I’m into the ditch witch, I keep them on a set up and rode them as my main wheels for over a year, but I have found them to be slow and too sticky sometimes. Feel great really broken in, I feel like I can get higher up on walls when doing wallrides. I like Keyframes those will pull up a wall too and are durable enough for regular street skating

Just to throw my two cents in... I had a set of these a few years ago and didn't like them.  They felt harder than 92a, to me.  But, more than that, I just thought they had a cheap, plastic-y feel to them.  Your mileage may vary, but I didn't care for them. 

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #2053 on: September 10, 2019, 10:56:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
How the fuck did that happen? that is seriously fucked beyond belief.

i took a chunk out of some rictas doing a full cab down a fucking 3 stair

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2054 on: September 10, 2019, 10:46:26 PM »
DLX offered me another pair of 80HD Chargers or some F4s and I basically said any f4 you have!

They were really cool. I hope people don’t take advantage of the customer service. They probably only step in when there is a real issue anyway.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2055 on: September 11, 2019, 02:52:22 AM »
shame the same can't be said for NHS, tried to contact them about a bearing seating/play issue I had with a set of OJ's that was pretty fucked and got no response  ;D

Arto Saari

• Rep: 33
  • hasta la vista.. bear
« Reply #2056 on: September 11, 2019, 11:01:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

STF
101a F4
99a F4
Easy Streets
[close]

[close]

[close]

I have Bones stf easy streets 52mm and they do exactly what I want them to do and I’ve never had problems with them. They seem to ride faster like they are a bigger wheel on rough street. I like spitfire classics but after giving these a shot I’m pleasantly surprised. Also slightly into the idea of my bearings and wheels being made by same company.
Been riding STF for about 10 years, Picked up a pair of Easy's recently and I'm very pleased with them. Exactly what I want from a skate wheel. Fast and forgiving with a well balanced slip to grip ratio. I definitely felt a difference from the STFs immediately. Rough surfaces actually feel smoother. I cant remember who, but some were saying that they dont 'bark' when you power slide, but they definitely do. They sound and skate just like STFs, but better. One of the best wheels on the market imo. Probably the only wheel I will ride as long as they exist.. but I'm definately biased, I've never tried f4s or anything else since I've gotten more serious about my setup.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1021
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2057 on: September 12, 2019, 09:05:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

STF
101a F4
99a F4
Easy Streets
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Been riding STF for about 10 years, Picked up a pair of Easy's recently and I'm very pleased with them. Exactly what I want from a skate wheel. Fast and forgiving with a well balanced slip to grip ratio. I definitely felt a difference from the STFs immediately. Rough surfaces actually feel smoother. I cant remember who, but some were saying that they dont 'bark' when you power slide, but they definitely do. They sound and skate just like STFs, but better. One of the best wheels on the market imo. Probably the only wheel I will ride as long as they exist.. but I'm definately biased, I've never tried f4s or anything else since I've gotten more serious about my setup.

Arto Saari

• Rep: 33
  • hasta la vista.. bear
« Reply #2058 on: September 12, 2019, 10:10:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

STF
101a F4
99a F4
Easy Streets
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
You mad?

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2059 on: September 12, 2019, 10:43:58 AM »
STF was the only wheel people skated before f4 came out, they're obviously still a great wheel. I have a set of easy streets waiting to be set up, I'm curious about new stuff. But then I also have multiple sets of f4, a set of crupies, ricta slix, ricta speed bands, regular stf, oj insaneathane 101, wayward 101, gold black gold 102a, sml 101, orbs and currently skating dial tone 101.
I might be a bit too curious about new stuff.

Alotoflizards

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2060 on: September 13, 2019, 09:36:40 AM »
Does anybody here know where I can just buy straight up blank natural wheels that are the same quality as brand name? Please let me know..
Thank you

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1104
« Reply #2061 on: September 13, 2019, 07:37:03 PM »
Does anybody here know where I can just buy straight up blank natural wheels that are the same quality as brand name? Please let me know..
Thank you

bones blanks too much?

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2062 on: September 14, 2019, 02:52:37 AM »
Thank you

if you're looking for cheap blanks that skate the same as branded wheels you're probably shit out of luck

if you dont care about the pricing you can get the bones blanks below or literally get any wheel you want, stick it in the sink with some hot soapy water and scrub the graphic off no problem

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #2063 on: September 14, 2019, 08:10:39 AM »
Anyone tried out the Pig Prime wheels? Are they any better than regular Pigs or is it just a rebranding thing?
No.

sneakpeekmeek

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2064 on: September 14, 2019, 04:39:25 PM »
Autobahn is making a come back 🙃

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 711
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #2065 on: September 14, 2019, 05:40:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

STF
101a F4
99a F4
Easy Streets
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Shit, forgot to check the replies to my question.
I actually got the set of easy streets because I was curious (and they were on sale). I never had a set of bones, they always felt a bit too plasticky when trying friends setups. But now I’m hyped to try those out! Let’s see how they go.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1021
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2066 on: September 14, 2019, 06:07:15 PM »
Autobahn is making a come back 🙃

I'm excited!

Dog the Bounty Hunter

« Reply #2067 on: September 14, 2019, 11:27:01 PM »
Thank you

These guys maybe. They do Loophole too.
https://www.nfgmfg.com/contact-skateboard-manufacturer

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2068 on: September 15, 2019, 07:10:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Thank you
[close]

if you're looking for cheap blanks that skate the same as branded wheels you're probably shit out of luck

if you dont care about the pricing you can get the bones blanks below or literally get any wheel you want, stick it in the sink with some hot soapy water and scrub the graphic off no problem

100's are a good option too....classic urethane, cheaper price.

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #2069 on: September 15, 2019, 01:32:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
are sml wheels any good or should i stick to f4's?
[close]
been thinking the same thing.
[close]
I had two sets of 99a SML wheels -- one V-Cut, another OG Wide. They felt too hard and slow, and didn't slide as well as F4s.
[close]

Don't they have a higher end formula that competes with F4?
[close]
All I'm aware of is the "AG" formula.
[close]
I think that's the one. I'm not sure who pushed them on here but, they said that they weren't so bad
[close]
I heard the AGs were just a price point wheel
[close]

They have two different formulas and the AG is definitely the one I prefer out of the two. They use both for all sorts of wheels (team and pro) so I doubt they're price point.

Sml could do with the support. Cliff says he makes no money from it. It's all my local shop has been stocking, so I will start skating them. I like the minimal graphic series they do.
[close]

Thanks for the love!

We have 2 formulas the AG and the OG

AG - are more like spitfire classic. Less rebound so they do slide a bit easier. They can also flat spot easier than the OG's but we rarely get complaints about that. They're not price points. We get them from Creative who has been doing wheels forever.

OG's - These are a little more high end. Closer to a Bones STF or Spit F4's. They have a higher rebound so people think it's harder to power slide. I love these wheels! They slide just fine and are super hard to flat spot. We get them made at Aend. Who made the Darkstar wheels before they became a board brand. Super high quality.

Any feed back is welcome! Hopefully if you pick some up you will like them.

This is super good to know. Just started on some AG V-cuts and I prefer them over Spitfire classics. I would say they're grippier but look like they'll maybe have a tough time staying in one piece on the mean streets of Edinburgh.

I'll buy them again for my next set if I can get >55mm and am keen to try the OGs.