Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 797589 times)

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #2100 on: September 24, 2019, 11:25:15 AM »
They’re like formula 4s: they’re a hard and loud street wheel. That being said though, I just got a set and skated a pretty rough school yard last weekend and they didn’t rattle my teeth.

Roisto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2101 on: September 24, 2019, 11:30:46 AM »
What are people's thoughts on getting some 56mm fattie easy streets for a zip zinger? I currently have 56mm keyframes on it which I really like, but my new commute to work involves a hillbomb and not being able to powerslide is a bit annoying. However I don't want to have my wheels just feel like hard formula fours or whatever because I still have to push a bunch on not so perfect ground.

People say easy streets feel really soft and quiet, yet are still like a street wheel. Between keyframes and formula fours, where on the spectrum would easy streets lie?

Harder than 99A Formula Fours IMO. Nowhere near close to Keyframes. I hated mine and sold them to a friend after a few days.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #2102 on: September 24, 2019, 11:48:16 AM »
Damn, thanks for the feedback guys.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

« Reply #2103 on: September 24, 2019, 12:13:14 PM »
Try Powell G slides and let me know how they are, thanks 😂

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #2104 on: September 24, 2019, 12:13:36 PM »
Expand Quote
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spitfire-Wheels-53-3mm-Redhead-2005/123907287880?hash=item1cd9732b48:g:QgIAAOSwaNtdfdGA
I saw this on Ebay and am contemplating rocking these, I know this might be a dumb question anyway I could skate these as a cruiser and preserve the image?
[close]

Mid 2000s wasn't the best time for Spitfires. Don't ride 'em.
What do you mean the mid 2000's wasn't the best for Spitfire shit wheels or what?

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2105 on: September 24, 2019, 12:22:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spitfire-Wheels-53-3mm-Redhead-2005/123907287880?hash=item1cd9732b48:g:QgIAAOSwaNtdfdGA
I saw this on Ebay and am contemplating rocking these, I know this might be a dumb question anyway I could skate these as a cruiser and preserve the image?
[close]

[close]
What do you mean the mid 2000's wasn't the best for Spitfire shit wheels or what?
Classics are/were good, but they don't last/flatspot easily and the gimmicks like Firelites, Hardlines, Streetburners, and to a lesser extent F1s were even worse than classics.

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #2106 on: September 24, 2019, 01:05:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

90s Spitifires were great and F4s are amazing but Spitifre had some rough times in between with QC.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #2107 on: September 24, 2019, 01:08:30 PM »

I've had them, not a fan. Bit wide for a 56mm in my opinion. They do slide but its a very chalky, unsatisfying slide and not very easy to control.

I've said it a bunch over the past few years on this forum but I think Powell Bombers (60mm 85a) are the best soft wheel that slides. Breaks into the slide without too much effort, has a lower pitched bark than a street wheel but not chalky and the slide is quite easy to control. Just a bit too big for a zip zinger though. If they made one in the shape and size of keyframes it would be perfect.

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #2108 on: September 24, 2019, 08:07:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Classics are/were good, but they don't last/flatspot easily and the gimmicks like Firelites, Hardlines, Streetburners, and to a lesser extent F1s were even worse than classics.

Classics have improved a fair bit recently though... I just remember the mid-2000s being a low point for Spitfire...

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #2109 on: September 24, 2019, 08:10:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Classics have improved a fair bit recently though... I just remember the mid-2000s being a low point for Spitfire...
For sure. Bones blew up big time.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2110 on: September 24, 2019, 11:34:10 PM »
It's sad to say that it was darkstar that got me giving a shit about how wheels performed.....

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #2111 on: September 25, 2019, 07:30:25 AM »

much wider than they should be and even though they are much easier to slide than most cruiser wheels they still tend to bite and pitch you much easier than hard wheels which would rather wash out on higher speed slides.

so for me, even though they are slideable the faster i go, the more i shit my pants bringing the board sideways.

i like them and will keep them on a big setup (usually 15"+wb) but sliding smaller boards on them seems impossible to me.

PMA

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #2112 on: September 25, 2019, 09:33:50 AM »

I have a couple pairs of Gslides and they aren’t bad for a soft wheel. They do slide for the first couple days but after that they stick just like any other soft wheel. I don't know if its like a coating that wears off or what. Still a solid softer wheel though

jtrpma

• PMA
« Reply #2113 on: September 25, 2019, 09:58:26 AM »

i don't know if i am seeing correctly but does the inside edge look square (like sharp angle square)
i hope they are not like 80s rollerskates wheels

PMA

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #2114 on: September 25, 2019, 10:41:27 AM »

i don't know if i am seeing correctly but does the inside edge look square (like sharp angle square)
i hope they are not like 80s rollerskates wheels

In that photo they are, but that's because they come out of the mold that way.  They then machine down the second side on the lathe - which is the other photo.

Full production process can be seen here.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #2115 on: September 25, 2019, 05:15:23 PM »
A few weeks ago I complained to spitfire about my 80HD chargers. A chunk came out of a nearly new pair. They were really cool about replacing them, but they asked me if I’d rather have a set of F4s, and I pretty much said YES, any size, color, or shape.

They sent me 80HD chargers. It’s a real white person problem, I know, but I’m not even going to use them. I might just give them to a kid.

animalflesh

« Reply #2116 on: September 29, 2019, 11:58:13 AM »
This won’t apply to the majority of you I’m sure

These wheels are sick

Slide really well roll onto coping and curbs amazingly and are thin enough to skate street with

bombsaway86

• Rep: 164
« Reply #2117 on: September 29, 2019, 09:52:15 PM »

These wheels are sick

Slide really well roll onto coping and curbs amazingly and are thin enough to skate street with

Nice! I’ve been wondering about these, they look nice. Funny thing is that I’ve been seeing Hosoi  riding Alta wheels lately

Pissedoff30y/oskatedad

• Rep: -57
« Reply #2118 on: September 29, 2019, 10:20:13 PM »
What was the name of that trendy wheel company that came out a couple of years ago... i remember they ripped the Dior logo or some big fahsipn house designer. I remember john shanahan reppin em for a bit but the name keeps slipping my memory

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #2119 on: September 29, 2019, 10:43:34 PM »
What was the name of that trendy wheel company that came out a couple of years ago... i remember they ripped the Dior logo or some big fahsipn house designer. I remember john shanahan reppin em for a bit but the name keeps slipping my memory

Canal?

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #2120 on: September 30, 2019, 12:06:02 AM »
Anyone know the differences between OJ Superjuice vs Hot Juice? Both in 60mm. I have Hot Juices on my Winkowski and wanting to get some Supers since I kind of like skating this board with bigger softer wheels. Is there a point spending more money or are they too similar?

Edit: impulse bought them anyways. pls explain anyways.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 12:31:56 AM by texasplant »

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2121 on: September 30, 2019, 01:27:06 AM »
Someone posted somewhere here a while ago about some small brand by the dude who developed Formula Fours. I can’t find it for the life of me. Can anyone remember what the brand was and/or who the dude is?

thebacker

« Reply #2122 on: September 30, 2019, 01:30:49 AM »
Someone posted somewhere here a while ago about some small brand by the dude who developed Formula Fours. I can’t find it for the life of me. Can anyone remember what the brand was and/or who the dude is?
loophole wheels

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2123 on: September 30, 2019, 01:49:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
loophole wheels

Thanks man! 👍

Have you tried them? Anyone else?

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #2124 on: September 30, 2019, 07:03:44 AM »
Anyone know the differences between OJ Superjuice vs Hot Juice? Both in 60mm. I have Hot Juices on my Winkowski and wanting to get some Supers since I kind of like skating this board with bigger softer wheels. Is there a point spending more money or are they too similar?

Edit: impulse bought them anyways. pls explain anyways.

The are the same thing Super Juice is just designed better (curved edges) as not to chunk out as easily. If you have Hot Juice and they are fine, then you are good. If you have to choose between the two get Super.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #2125 on: September 30, 2019, 08:48:06 AM »
I’m trying tell myself not to but I’m thinking about getting some bones easy streets or stfs.
I have some f4 radials(Not the radial slims) but they don’t slide as well as the f4 conicals (not the fulls.) I had. Even powerslides seem harder to control. Like they automatically turn me back parallel.  Maybe it’s in my head.

jtrpma

• PMA
« Reply #2126 on: September 30, 2019, 08:52:49 AM »
I’m trying tell myself not to but I’m thinking about getting some bones easy streets or stfs.
I have some f4 radials(Not the radial slims) but they don’t slide as well as the f4 conicals (not the fulls.) I had. Even powerslides seem harder to control. Like they automatically turn me back parallel.  Maybe it’s in my head.

i have exactly the same problem at the moment.

i have two sets of f4s, radial and conical full (super ridden down) they are the same size now but the conicals are super square and have twice the contact patch of the newer radials but slide way better.

i got the radials to have more slidable wheels and got fucked...

PMA

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #2127 on: September 30, 2019, 09:04:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i have exactly the same problem at the moment.

i have two sets of f4s, radial and conical full (super ridden down) they are the same size now but the conicals are super square and have twice the contact patch of the newer radials but slide way better.

i got the radials to have more slidable wheels and got fucked...

Haha exact same!  I got the radials as 52mm even when my worn conicals started as 54s. My buddy got some easy streets Saturday and I may see how they feel on his board

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2128 on: September 30, 2019, 12:57:25 PM »
Easy Streets are much more grippy compared to F4s, so more effort is required to powerslide. IMO I find that it makes powerslides a lot more easier since I don't worry about putting too much power and oversliding and eating shit. When I powerslide F4s, I tend to under estimate how much I need to slide because of how slidey they are.

animalflesh

« Reply #2129 on: September 30, 2019, 01:09:12 PM »
Expand Quote

These wheels are sick

[close]

Nice! I’ve been wondering about these, they look nice. Funny thing is that I’ve been seeing Hosoi  riding Alta wheels lately

He’s always on some half business venture kick with somebody else but I will say that his rocket reissues and these wheels are really solid in their own different ways and also pretty much everything he makes under hosoi is of good quality