Author Topic: Polar Deck Shapes  (Read 14094 times)

UrbanSombrero

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 4
Re: Polar Deck Shapes
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2020, 06:47:40 PM »
I just set up a Polar Dane Brady 8.5 it's got a big blunt steep nose and a steep feeling pointy tail and this thing Tre flips like crazy but it's a bit wide for me and the wheelbase is longer than what I usually ride. Do all of the Polar popsicles have this same nose and tail shape? I'd like this exact shape in a smaller board.

Maccat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2020, 08:25:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Some of the fa/hockey boards are bbs made, seems like that would be your best bet. Just have to see them in person to know.
[close]

This is what I end up doing most of the time. Easiest to find a Hockey deck and make sure it's BBS. Another option, the DOA square shape. Just ordered an 8.38, it's South Central, so it's like BBS on steroids. Definitely steeper and more concave than a Quasi, but the shape is on point.

The DOA square shape is awesome. Snack also has some options that have that square nose. The one I have hanging up is on PS wood if they’re still running that. Or you can just buy a Quasi and tell yourself it’s something else.

Noioso

• Rep: 90
  • "For me it's crazy like"
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2020, 09:12:08 PM »
I just set up a Polar Dane Brady 8.5 it's got a big blunt steep nose and a steep feeling pointy tail and this thing Tre flips like crazy but it's a bit wide for me and the wheelbase is longer than what I usually ride. Do all of the Polar popsicles have this same nose and tail shape? I'd like this exact shape in a smaller board.

Most of their shapes are pretty consistent. I've skated almost nothing but Polar boards for the last 6 years or so years pretty much because I like their 8.25 and 8.38 popsicle shapes. With that said, they can differ but the shape of the board will be a dead giveaway there's a change in size.

Every Polar board has a sticker with width, length, wheelbase, tail, and nose. If you're at a shop, you can find the sticker on top. You could also check Tactics website, as they list those details on decks.
"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."

spanyard

• Rep: 77
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2020, 10:10:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Most of their shapes are pretty consistent. I've skated almost nothing but Polar boards for the last 6 years or so years pretty much because I like their 8.25 and 8.38 popsicle shapes. With that said, they can differ but the shape of the board will be a dead giveaway there's a change in size.

Every Polar board has a sticker with width, length, wheelbase, tail, and nose. If you're at a shop, you can find the sticker on top. You could also check Tactics website, as they list those details on decks.

Ehhhh... just got a boserio with the cool wheel wells. Sticker says 31.875, 8.25, 14.12WB. Measured more like straight up 32, 8.18, 14.38WB. Not too hyped they can be that off with their measurements.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 69
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2020, 01:01:19 AM »
Does anyone have the 8.75" football shape they could measure the width over the truck holes on for me?

Thanks in advance.
If I remember correctly it’s something like 8.35. I skated it with Ace 44s and they fit just fine. You could also do Thunder 149s

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1066
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2020, 06:43:45 PM »
Anybody fuck with the P9? Not a lot of talk about them but I thought this would be great with a pair of 139s I don’t have in use cause it looks like it tapers.

Any feedback is appreciated

https://socalskateshop.com/Polar-Paul-Grund-Medusa-Desires-P9-Shaped-Skateboard-Deck-Blue-8-625x32-25.html

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2020, 07:02:21 PM »
Anybody fuck with the P9? Not a lot of talk about them but I thought this would be great with a pair of 139s I don’t have in use cause it looks like it tapers.

Any feedback is appreciated

https://socalskateshop.com/Polar-Paul-Grund-Medusa-Desires-P9-Shaped-Skateboard-Deck-Blue-8-625x32-25.html

My friend had the P9 and he rode 149’s on it. He loved it. I have another friend who had 2 P9’s in a row, and I think he also rides 149’s.

Onevia

• Rep: 6
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2020, 07:47:23 PM »
I was thinking about doing the same thing with my 139s that I don't use anymore... FWIW, I found a website that say's the P9 has a front truck width of 8.46 and a rear truck width of 8.15.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2020, 08:16:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I was thinking about doing the same thing with my 139s that I don't use anymore... FWIW, I found a website that say's the P9 has a front truck width of 8.46 and a rear truck width of 8.15.
what site lists that? have some time to burn since its still wet outside
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Onevia

• Rep: 6
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2020, 01:43:35 AM »
Shit, my bad man. Its https://r-fskate.com

It's a pretty cool Japanese shop, so type it in google and click "translate". Then click "decks" on the left side bar and you will see deck sizes and brand names on the left side bar. Search bar works, also.

They measure in cm, so just use google to convert that shit as well.

yungrich

• Rep: 1
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2020, 05:42:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ehhhh... just got a boserio with the cool wheel wells. Sticker says 31.875, 8.25, 14.12WB. Measured more like straight up 32, 8.18, 14.38WB. Not too hyped they can be that off with their measurements.

How are you liking it? I just ordered a Polar wheel well board with the exact same measurements, and I'm curious if it will be off that much. What is the concave/kick steepness like?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 05:46:58 PM by yungrich »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2020, 12:01:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Shit, my bad man. Its https://r-fskate.com

It's a pretty cool Japanese shop, so type it in google and click "translate". Then click "decks" on the left side bar and you will see deck sizes and brand names on the left side bar. Search bar works, also.

They measure in cm, so just use google to convert that shit as well.
r-f is legit with their measurements. What’s even better is they usually show a pic of the board in question sitting on top of a krooked deck so you can see how it wilL stack up against standard dlx boards

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Vintagebody

• Rep: 83
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2020, 01:37:10 AM »
My Herrington 8.25x31.8 also measure more like 32", and wheelbase 14.2"...

I feel like DLX decks are somewhat stronger, longer lasting than Polar...

yungrich

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2020, 12:12:41 PM »

Was the description WB 14.125"? How is the tail shape/steepness btw?

Vintagebody

• Rep: 83
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2020, 12:15:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Was the description WB 14.125"? How is the tail shape/steepness btw?

Correct. Tail and nose are a tiny bit steeper than mellow, and lean towards blunt, rather than round. Excellent shape. 35 degree's of angle with Thunders and little worn 52mm F4's.

eckstarr

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2020, 10:08:40 PM »
New Dane Brady arigato shape, setup with Thunder 148 hollow lights and Spitfire Conicals 99D 54mm, yet to ride due to weather.
All dimensions as per website, tapers from 8.38 at the front to approx. 8.20 at the back but not that noticeable. Steepish kicks and a deep concave  :D This is noticeable against the Enjoi Cairo Foster in the second pic which is mellow as

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2020, 11:31:32 PM »
New Dane Brady arigato shape, setup with Thunder 148 hollow lights and Spitfire Conicals 99D 54mm, yet to ride due to weather.
All dimensions as per website, tapers from 8.38 at the front to approx. 8.20 at the back but not that noticeable. Steepish kicks and a deep concave  :D This is noticeable against the Enjoi Cairo Foster in the second pic which is mellow as
top view? interesting looking shape
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo