Author Topic: Gravis  (Read 14516 times)

liahoop9595

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 16
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Gravis
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2010, 07:31:06 PM »
Has anyone actually skated the Dylan dress shoes, if so how were they?

Omamori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2010, 09:45:09 PM »
I would not recommend them. I own two pairs and skated one once. They flick and grip the board find, but the flex and durability isn't meant for skating. It's not that the shoe is stiff, just doesn't flex like a normal shoe. If you like the look of the dress shoe, check out the Dylan vulcs.

petkom

• Rep: 3
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2010, 02:29:37 AM »
By the way what are the new colorways of the Dylan coming out?

Magic Lantern

« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2010, 05:37:17 AM »
I got a pair of the Dylan slip ons the other day. Quite comfortable and will most likely purchase again.

magicstickyhand

• Rep: 1
« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2010, 04:19:20 AM »

Does anyone know do these shoes hold up good , or get fucked in 2 or 3 sesh?
i think i was,anyways

slappyslap

• Rep: -31
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2010, 05:40:10 AM »
^^i had those in black and i've skated with it for almost 2 months

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2010, 02:08:31 AM »
im not sure but they looked like the waxed canvas ones, if they are... prepare to have a hole after half an hour

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2010, 08:42:31 AM »
I bought the dress shoe Dylans for work and the sole started to fall off after 2 days. I work in a hotel and don't do shit, so I was kind of bummed that my $100 shoes were falling apart after 2 days and no skating. I fixed them with super glue, but I still feel like I shouldn't have had to.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2010, 08:50:44 AM »
I bought the dress shoe Dylans for work and the sole started to fall off after 2 days. I work in a hotel and don't do shit, so I was kind of bummed that my $100 shoes were falling apart after 2 days and no skating. I fixed them with super glue, but I still feel like I shouldn't have had to.
go back to the store and get a new pair? burton has the best warranty in the world pretty much...

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2010, 08:52:14 AM »

thats just unlucky, i got some of them for work... then started skating for them...theyre still fine if not a tiny bit scuffed

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2010, 08:07:50 PM »

same thing happened to me. I wear the oxblood ones whenever i get groceries or go bar-hopping. Besides a few pushes on a board, i haven't really skated in em.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2010, 10:00:57 AM »
You got a messed up shoe. I have two pairs and no problems. I suggest geting in contact with Gravis. I'm sure they'll do something.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2010, 07:25:54 AM »

yeah ive got the grey suede ones and started skating in them, to be honest i love them. they skate really well and look even better when thrashed, the only negative point i could say about them is the complete lack of ankle support, but i gotta skate with ankle protectors anyways.

also one thing that i need to say because i found it really funny is this...

loads of people saying this shoe is not made for skating, then i see all the adds and reviews for the nike zoom fp and saying theyre the most amazing shoes ever and "you can do tricks you cant do in other skate shoes" but the dylans skate sooooo much better and are way more comfy

Davy

« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2011, 08:22:30 PM »
I have a chance to get the Oxblood Dylan's but I'm not completely sold. To any one who has had em, opinions or regrets or anything?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2011, 08:25:29 PM »
Haven't skated my pair, but I love them. They're super comfy and look awesome.

Liam Baker

• Rep: -50
« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2011, 07:05:45 PM »
I got the Dylan In black suede in Early september and I still skate in them now. super cozy, and they just really rule. I would highly suggest them if you can find them
fuck

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2011, 07:49:58 PM »
Does anyone know how the sizing is on the Dylan dress shoes? I wear a 10 in Vans eras/authentics/slip ons and I don't know whether to buy the same size or go down a size.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2011, 08:02:18 PM »
I wear 10s in everything. I got 10 for the pairs of Dylans I've had. Fit fine.

On the note of wearing them skating - I just don't. I wore the brown suedes to skate for a few days. They just didn't feel like a skate shoe. That's fine though - because they feel great as a "chiller" boot or shoe or whatever. Black leathers for work. Brown suedes for around the house. Probably the best fitting shoe I've owned, but I don't like it for  skating.

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2011, 10:14:22 PM »

On the note of wearing them skating - I just don't. I wore the brown suedes to skate for a few days. They just didn't feel like a skate shoe. That's fine though - because they feel great as a "chiller" boot or shoe or whatever. Black leathers for work. Brown suedes for around the house. Probably the best fitting shoe I've owned, but I don't like it for  skating.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2011, 01:55:25 AM »

seriously? i love skating in them, board feel is ridiculous and as you said-so comfortable

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2011, 07:58:35 AM »
Expand Quote

On the note of wearing them skating - I just don't. I wore the brown suedes to skate for a few days. They just didn't feel like a skate shoe. That's fine though - because they feel great as a "chiller" boot or shoe or whatever. Black leathers for work. Brown suedes for around the house. Probably the best fitting shoe I've owned, but I don't like it for?  skating.
[close]

seriously? i love skating in them, board feel is ridiculous and as you said-so comfortable
The dress shoe Dylan's? They're horrible. I'm skating a pair of the black suede ones (they look ugly and I bought a black leather pair). Surprisingly the shoe is durable but the grip and flex is the worst. It's too grippy and the shoe only flexes in one area. Not to mention the soles are not meant for skating, too hard.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2011, 08:05:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

On the note of wearing them skating - I just don't. I wore the brown suedes to skate for a few days. They just didn't feel like a skate shoe. That's fine though - because they feel great as a "chiller" boot or shoe or whatever. Black leathers for work. Brown suedes for around the house. Probably the best fitting shoe I've owned, but I don't like it for?  skating.
[close]

[close]
The dress shoe Dylan's? They're horrible. I'm skating a pair of the black suede ones (they look ugly and I bought a black leather pair). Surprisingly the shoe is durable but the grip and flex is the worst. It's too grippy and the shoe only flexes in one area. Not to mention the soles are not meant for skating, too hard.

Nah i meant the vulc ones, ive skated the dressy ones and find it weird everyone says the sole is too grippy because that was my main problem, the sole on my dressy ones are slippy as fuck. except from that i just feel stupid skating the dressy ones. The vulc ones however are probably my favourite skate shoe of 2011, along with the vans rowley svp's

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2011, 12:47:37 PM »

thanks for the sizing info. I found a pair of the original grey leather ones on ebay super cheap and just got them.

jerrys_kids

« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2011, 01:00:22 PM »
My Dylan slip on fit kinda weird, they felt to short, not length wise but like my toes were going to come through the top of the shoe, that may just be me though.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2011, 06:11:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not the vulcs, the booty/dress-shoe kind. I'm sure the vulcs are good, I just haven't gotten a pair of those to try yet. They look good for skating. But the sole on the dress shoe just isn't meant for skating. I hope nobody at Gravis takes offense to that though, because these are my favorite shoes off the board.

SecretShake

• Rep: -1
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2011, 07:27:38 AM »
i've skated filters back to back for the passed 6 months, such a rad shoe, the TT's last forever, the sole went through before the TT material. the dylan mids are really good too.
got a pair of the black leather dylans to chill, so comfortable, had a pair of the vulc dylans too but they felt too big so i sold them on.

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2011, 07:32:48 AM »
I want a pair of the Arto LXs but they are so damn hard to find

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2011, 07:49:47 AM »

check ebay! you can usually find them for $10 or $15 less than retail

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2011, 10:49:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

fuck yes, u da man  8)

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2011, 12:18:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

fuck yes, u da man  8)

did you find them? sometimes sellers hook you up with free shipping on more expensive shoes like Arto LX's