Author Topic: Trendwatch 2024  (Read 30365 times)

Slapsucksass

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -22
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Trendwatch 2024
« on: September 02, 2023, 05:50:28 PM »
Cookie Monster hats & white griptape

Heshrat

• Rep: -10
Re: Trendwatch 2024
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2023, 08:44:10 PM »
Polarizer boards.. if you don’t know them you’ll start seeing them. Everyone will be riding these sick lil boards
I did your mom

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2023, 02:51:08 AM »
Polarizer boards.. if you don’t know them you’ll start seeing them. Everyone will be riding these sick lil boards

sure grandpa let’s get you to bed

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2023, 03:25:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They might not be wrong. There was a penny board boom a while back and a couple years ago the female rollerskate thing started coming back and has continued to grow. I can see a bunch of people who want to be kinda skate adjacent but not too mainstream or don't want to learn tricks getting them (and then 95% of them quitting when they realise you still need skill)
Those who stay will become even more insufferable than Slappy only skaters and have their own set of catchphrases like "actually it's harder to ride a polariser on flat than it is to grind a handrail" "it's more dangerous trying to carve a bank than jumping down stairs" and other things that could only make sense to people who have never done either of those other things

bigbevev

• Rep: -14
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2023, 03:35:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
They might not be wrong. There was a penny board boom a while back and a couple years ago the female rollerskate thing started coming back and has continued to grow. I can see a bunch of people who want to be kinda skate adjacent but not too mainstream or don't want to learn tricks getting them (and then 95% of them quitting when they realise you still need skill)
Those who stay will become even more insufferable than Slappy only skaters and have their own set of catchphrases like "actually it's harder to ride a polariser on flat than it is to grind a handrail" "it's more dangerous trying to carve a bank than jumping down stairs" and other things that could only make sense to people who have never done either of those other things

SLAPodamus

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2023, 03:36:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

there's people like this already but they don't ride polarizers, they ride surfskates. i don't know if they have any catchphrases though

it's basically a 4 wheel ripstik

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2023, 05:05:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

there's people like this already but they don't ride polarizers, they ride surfskates. i don't know if they have any catchphrases though

AA’s girlfriend rips pools barefoot on these

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2023, 05:10:18 AM »
Raving

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2023, 06:36:21 AM »
Top wise, I didn’t think we could get worse than the tucked in t-shirt. But I’ve been proven wrong. The crop top has entered the conversation. I know it’s been a hot summer, but that’s no excuse.

breezer

• Rep: -16
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2023, 09:35:05 AM »
surf skate seems to be a thing

Baglady

• Rep: -202
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2023, 10:16:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Shawty looks insufferable. They belong together. He’s actively cold and rude to her in those vlogs. It’s dismissed cause of his well..

OneMore

• Rep: -3
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2023, 12:09:46 PM »
Jim Beam t-shirts
More back smiths
More middle fingers
Extra long and short wheelbases
Even bigger wheels 60+
Dress shirts
Removing logos from shoes (N's from New Balances and checks off of Nikes)
Raw denim
Street transition
Cancel flips
Street grabs
Lurpivs
Calling your mom after you land the trick

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2023, 01:50:35 PM »
Top wise, I didn’t think we could get worse than the tucked in t-shirt. But I’ve been proven wrong. The crop top has entered the conversation. I know it’s been a hot summer, but that’s no excuse.
I’m all in on crop tops. Filmed a clip in one yesterday and man it felt good to feel that breeze on my midriff as I rolled away.

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 48
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2023, 01:55:10 PM »
Hopefully not that hair style Caleb Barnett, Kader and others have been rocking lately. It looks strange to me. Maybe I am to old. That jewish rapper that skates really good has two of them. It seems like that fade in 97 where everyone had to wear yellow t-shirts for one summer. Over and out.

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2023, 11:46:54 PM »
Hopefully not that hair style Caleb Barnett, Kader and others have been rocking lately. It looks strange to me. Maybe I am to old. That jewish rapper that skates really good has two of them. It seems like that fade in 97 where everyone had to wear yellow t-shirts for one summer. Over and out.

I’m from South Florida so wicks and dreads are pretty common. Not really a hairdo anyone can pull of but I thought Kaders and Caleb’s looked good. Looks like Caleb cut his already. Just wait until Halloween I’m sure we’ll see a lot of BLP Koshers dressed up. But same thing with the crop tops, not everyone can get away with it or make it look cool. I think little shirts and huge pants looks whack. But what do I know? I wear relaxed fit white shirts and loose fit blue jeans or black pants most the time. Kinda boring but definitely chill.

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 48
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2023, 12:01:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’m from South Florida so wicks and dreads are pretty common. Not really a hairdo anyone can pull of but I thought Kaders and Caleb’s looked good. Looks like Caleb cut his already. Just wait until Halloween I’m sure we’ll see a lot of BLP Koshers dressed up. But same thing with the crop tops, not everyone can get away with it or make it look cool. I think little shirts and huge pants looks whack. But what do I know? I wear relaxed fit white shirts and loose fit blue jeans or black pants most the time. Kinda boring but definitely chill.

I see you rocking the yellow shirt / Gall on your profile picture ;) I had a yellow t-shirt period as well. I might be too old for that fashion to understand it. Peace Florida man!

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2023, 12:24:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Shawty looks insufferable. They belong together. He’s actively cold and rude to her in those vlogs. It’s dismissed cause of his well..

i thought yall were talking about andrew allen. andy anderson is && please do not confuse them

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 101
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2023, 12:40:15 PM »
McCrank no handed air walks, in and out of grinds, down sets, massive airs over hips, the possibilities are endless

diplodocus

• Rep: 159
  • long neck
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2023, 12:59:48 PM »
Fedora comes back this year

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 49
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2023, 01:04:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Helmet?

Baglady

• Rep: -202
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2023, 02:26:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Helmet?

If that said helmet is used to repel social cues than yes.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2242
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2023, 10:48:10 PM »
2024 is the year that Jub is finally in town on the regs.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

MyLegHurts

• Rep: -1
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2023, 07:09:33 PM »
It will be nearly four years since people started to predict a return of slimmer fitting pants. From my own experience, I see nothing but baggy jeans at the local. Am I alone? Will 2024 finally be the year?

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2023, 07:31:22 PM »
2024 is the year that Jub is finally in town on the regs.

i hear jub’s got first, last and security saved up and is thinking about getting a spot in town

codymacfan

• Rep: 21
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2023, 07:32:40 PM »
50-50 back shove

Wienerboy

• Rep: -103
  • Hey you're really cool and definitely not a kook
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2023, 08:03:55 PM »

Crops have been in the conversation for a while now. And I think they're cool too, you just gotta be able to pull them off.
If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.

DERBY

• Rep: 272
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2023, 08:06:03 PM »
i hope lofi study/corporate background music completely dies in 2024. shit sounding hella goofy with such a sterile vanilla ass mix

dj nipslip

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2023, 09:29:08 PM »
50-50 back shove

Ha.

Hopefully beatrice leaves vans in 2024 and throws on some accel og's.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2023, 09:48:27 PM »
It will be nearly four years since people started to predict a return of slimmer fitting pants. From my own experience, I see nothing but baggy jeans at the local. Am I alone? Will 2024 finally be the year?
You just have to determine when slim pants left. The fashion cycle is approx 15 years. Anything 7 years old is the worst then it starts to come back around.
In theory we could be seeing some piss drunx, k slims etc now but some shit just never really comes back like flares. Some stuff like moustaches and mullets are constantly "coming back" it's not a perfect science.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2023, 12:43:50 AM »
slim pants were merely a blip in skateboarding history, with regular/baggy/huge being more or less the norm since the 90s. i don’t see a widespread adoption of slim or skinny pants being a thing any time soon.
i went to the park last weekend for the first time in forever and can report nu-metal styles in abundance, a surprising amount of “core” shoe brands (etnies, dc and és), with nb# easily winning the corpo shoe race - nary a nike or adida in sight.