Author Topic: Does anyone know about Lithe "Nex" decks? Should I try it over a Powell Flight?  (Read 3220 times)

UrkelFan99

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
I can't find any reviews of these online. It's Lithe's "more affordable" option.

https://litheskateboards.com/nex/

It's a fiberglass top and bottom sheet with 5 ply maple in between, plus polymer tips so it won't razor. I'm hoping it won't snap easily either but I can't find anyone confirming it's really resistant to snapping. I tend to break decks a lot and wasn't impressed with Dwindle carbon-fiber-insert decks I've tried before.

I know Flight decks don't snap but razor normally (or even worse than normal). They're $83 while the Nex is $109.
Ideally I want a board resistant to both snaps and razor tail. I'm not ready to drop $200 for a pre-order of Lithe's other decks.

What do you guys think?

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
I can't find any reviews of these online. It's Lithe's "more affordable" option.

https://litheskateboards.com/nex/

It's a fiberglass top and bottom sheet with 5 ply maple in between, plus polymer tips so it won't razor. I'm hoping it won't snap easily either but I can't find anyone confirming it's really resistant to snapping. I tend to break decks a lot and wasn't impressed with Dwindle carbon-fiber-insert decks I've tried before.

I know Flight decks don't snap but razor normally (or even worse than normal). They're $83 while the Nex is $109.
Ideally I want a board resistant to both snaps and razor tail. I'm not ready to drop $200 for a pre-order of Lithe's other decks.

What do you guys think?
real heavyweights
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1266
go fly a kite

UrkelFan99

real heavyweights
You had one or you just heard?

UrkelFan99

go fly a kite
Something wrong with my post?

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
This reviews the $200 option, but it might help you.

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
Almost impact has been doing this for almost a decade.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

UrkelFan99

This reviews the $200 option, but it might help you.

I did watch that, thank you. The Nex one looks pretty different though.
Almost impact has been doing this for almost a decade.
I've tried those and still snapped them, people claim Lithe Slate and Powell Flight are way better. Haven't seen anyone talk about Lithe Nex though.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
I love my flight decks. But yes, they do razortail quickly. Get some rough sandpaper/leftover grip and sand the tail down and continue.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Davethedavedave

• Rep: -101

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
What the fuck is going on in this thread? Jesus Christ - does anyone who knows skating outside of && and Johnny Giger videos give a shit about this?

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
I’ve heard Santa Cruz and Creature VX decks are really good. I haven’t had one yet, but I really want to try one to just see what it’s all about.

UrkelFan99

What the fuck is going on in this thread? Jesus Christ - does anyone who knows skating outside of && and Johnny Giger videos give a shit about this?
You're the only one in the thread bringing up YouTubers man. I'm just sick of breaking decks.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 84
If your a board snapper, then maybe do something about it? Duh...
It will benefit you not only in less broken boards, but also style points and overall skill

UrkelFan99

It will benefit you not only in less broken boards, but also style points and overall skill
Okay got it. I'll only ever try tricks that I'm 100% consistent with and only on small obstacles that are no challenge from now on. Because obviously that's what skating is all about, not pushing yourself. That's probably why you never ever see pros break boards either! It's so simple when you put it that way, thank you.

UrkelFan99

I’ve heard Santa Cruz and Creature VX decks are really good. I haven’t had one yet, but I really want to try one to just see what it’s all about.
Hadn't heard of them but they sure looked sturdy in that Gravette video. Might give them a try.

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 60
Expand Quote
[close]
Okay got it. I'll only ever try tricks that I'm 100% consistent with and only on small obstacles that are no challenge from now on. Because obviously that's what skating is all about, not pushing yourself. That's probably why you never ever see pros break boards either! It's so simple when you put it that way, thank you.
You are my new favorite poster.

UrkelFan99

You are my new favorite poster.
What can I say, I'd been landing my shit sketchy on purpose all these years, boy do I feel dumb now. Glad I asked for advice.

Close up the thread, boys, problem's been solved!

Joe Davola

I’m glad I don’t know you in real life.

UrkelFan99

Because it would ruin the mental image of an Adonis-like man my aura exudes online? Fear not, I'm even sexier IRL.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
"Does anyone know what's up with this other skateboard tech? Is it worth giving it a shot?"

"Shut up kook just land bolts"

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1486
  • Illusion Flip
Buy the lithe. It looks good. Post some footy so we know how you're breaking so many boards. I'm just curious. You might have the strongest legs in the world, but I wouldn't know unless I check the tape.

UrkelFan99

Buy the lithe. It looks good.
Eh, I don't really wanna be the guinea pig on a $109 product. Thinking of getting a flight or vx but they're out of stock in 8.25 everywhere I'm seeing.
Post some footy so we know how you're breaking so many boards. I'm just curious. You might have the strongest legs in the world, but I wouldn't know unless I check the tape.
I'm 6'2" and accidentally land on the nose or tail or middle jumping down shit sometimes. Doesn't really merit analysis.

Joe Davola

Expand Quote
[close]
Because it would ruin the mental image of an Adonis-like man my aura exudes online? Fear not, I'm even sexier IRL.
Let me guess. You just finished your freshman year of college. You received an A in your intro to creative writing course. You're now extremely confident in your ability to convey wit. So much so that you cannot help but reply to every post in this thread--letting out a quick laugh through your nose and a shake of your head with every click of the "Post" button. Your cursor hasn't stopped hovering over the "Modify message" icon for the past five minutes as you debate whether to give your posts to that extra layer of shine. You can't, though. You're spending too much time thinking about what you've already said. You're better off thinking about what you'll say next.

How do I know this? Because it was me 11 years ago. You are a nincompoop.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
If you’re weren’t going to spend the money, why’d you ask?

UrkelFan99

Let me guess. You just finished your freshman year of college. You received an A in your intro to creative writing course. You're now extremely confident in your ability to convey wit. So much so that you cannot help but reply to every post in this thread--letting out a quick laugh through your nose and a shake of your head with every click of the "Post" button. Your cursor hasn't stopped hovering over the "Modify message" icon for the past five minutes as you debate whether to give your posts to that extra layer of shine. You can't, though. You're spending too much time thinking about what you've already said. You're better off thinking about what you'll say next.

How do I know this? Because it was me 11 years ago. You are a nincompoop.
Not really. Just having some fun.  :) Lighten up dude
If you’re weren’t going to spend the money, why’d you ask?
I was thinking about it if someone could definitively vouch for them.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -198
"Does anyone know what's up with this other skateboard tech? Is it worth giving it a shot?"

"Shut up kook just land bolts"

::)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1010
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
Haven't seen anyone talk about Lithe Nex though.

For good reason I'd wager...

UrkelFan99

Expand Quote
Haven't seen anyone talk about Lithe Nex though.
[close]

For good reason I'd wager...

Closest thing to a recommendation I found so far was from instagram @streetgenius

some dude: "Hows the lithe board holding up btw?
Takes punishment well?"

streetgenius:
"@mingpmw yeah i skate a lot 😇 but i dont really jump down anything big so im not sure about that part ❤️👊🏽"

I ended up just ordering a Santa Cruz VX, mostly because the Nex decks are "on backorder," and I can't find a Flight deck available in 8.25 right now.