Author Topic: the photography thread.  (Read 716284 times)

Schteven

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -7
Re: the photography thread.
« Reply #900 on: August 13, 2010, 01:34:35 PM »

Took these on a hot ukranian summerday while going swimming. The camera was not mine, butt I shot it. With a crappy 4 year old digital camera, so the timing is pretty perfect.

Now that's real photography
Fantesticle!

Brandon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #901 on: August 13, 2010, 01:35:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I do skate photography a LOT. It actually could potentially turn into a career soon... if I get a deal with this mag out of Philly and my bro's underground board company sponsor.

Just a few of my better ones. I fucking love skate photog.
[close]

sorry to say that bro, but you're far away from being a photographer who earns money with it. the only good thing is that you don't do buttshots and you catch the right moment, but for the rest ... I can see that you know nothing about taking pictures. you have low technical skills, not a good equipment and you need to learn about light, techniques and composition. it's a long way!

take a look at skateperception, try to learn from the dudes who post there and improve your pictures! I really don't want to talk shit to you, but your pictures could do anyone with a dslr.
[close]
Considering the work that I do is with a standard Kodak digital camera and I can't afford anything else right now, Mr. Critic, I'd say it's pretty good. It's funny that you also say I'm far from earning money, when actually... I'm not... I mean I'm not Joey Shigeo and I won't be paid $2000 for a photo... but a small payroll is in order. It's not Zero or anything, but it's a small board company called Minion boards. The 'zine just just a small-time local one, not a Thrasher thing, here. You have no idea of the situation I'm in right now, so don't go acting like you do haha. I'm not trying to get defensive or anything, I'm just telling you what's up. So until I see some pictures YOU take and you show me that YOU are a better skate photographer, I'll take your advice. But it really can't be helped right now with the current equipment I have.

Sorry if that came off as really defensive and bitchy. It wasn't meant like that.
matze's criticism should be taken objectively, independent of whatever "situation" you're in right now.  you seem to be hung up on his critique about your equipment, when you should really be concerned with what he said about your technique.  even if you upgraded your kodak digi, the photos would still be lacking.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• Rep: 10000
« Reply #902 on: August 13, 2010, 01:39:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I do skate photography a LOT. It actually could potentially turn into a career soon... if I get a deal with this mag out of Philly and my bro's underground board company sponsor.

[close]

sorry to say that bro, but you're far away from being a photographer who earns money with it. the only good thing is that you don't do buttshots and you catch the right moment, but for the rest ... I can see that you know nothing about taking pictures. you have low technical skills, not a good equipment and you need to learn about light, techniques and composition. it's a long way!

take a look at skateperception, try to learn from the dudes who post there and improve your pictures! I really don't want to talk shit to you, but your pictures could do anyone with a dslr.
[close]
Considering the work that I do is with a standard Kodak digital camera and I can't afford anything else right now, Mr. Critic, I'd say it's pretty good. It's funny that you also say I'm far from earning money, when actually... I'm not... I mean I'm not Joey Shigeo and I won't be paid $2000 for a photo... but a small payroll is in order. It's not Zero or anything, but it's a small board company called Minion boards. The 'zine just just a small-time local one, not a Thrasher thing, here. You have no idea of the situation I'm in right now, so don't go acting like you do haha. I'm not trying to get defensive or anything, I'm just telling you what's up. So until I see some pictures YOU take and you show me that YOU are a better skate photographer, I'll take your advice. But it really can't be helped right now with the current equipment I have.

Sorry if that came off as really defensive and bitchy. It wasn't meant like that.
[close]
matze's criticism should be taken objectively, independent of whatever "situation" you're in right now.  you seem to be hung up on his critique about your equipment, when you should really be concerned with what he said about your technique.  even if you upgraded your kodak digi, the photos would still be lacking.
Updated my post. Check back and verify, please.
My technique is probably lacking here and there... I have only been photog'ing skating for about a year.
Every time I shoot for someone, I keep practicing all of the mentioned critiques.
Sorry for that, I'm too used to people on SLAP being assholes. I apologize.
Having better equipment, though, WILL help me expand my horizons and open up new ways to learn and improve is what I mean about equipment, that's all. I'm trying to save up for this really badass Nikon on eBay. It's SO underpriced for what it is, and it comes with a kit, as well. It's like $500 to $600 but is probably worth like $1200.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 01:49:27 PM by Skwisgaar Skwigelf »
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

Derk the Jerk

• Rep: 61
  • Formerly Derka Derk
« Reply #903 on: August 13, 2010, 02:12:28 PM »

My buddy Boris smoking a nargile (or sheesha) in the Amsterdam summer heat.

loophole

« Reply #904 on: August 13, 2010, 04:22:02 PM »

skwisgaar, gettin' a little money to shoot pics doesn't make you a good photographer, neither does having a good setup. you're lacking, it's gonna be tough to admit it - i know i wasn't able to when i was, but it's something you'll have to face.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #905 on: August 13, 2010, 04:39:48 PM »

Lab didn't do the best job scanning, a bunch of them are cropped awkwardly. Oh well. I'll probly post more later.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #906 on: August 13, 2010, 04:51:02 PM »
skwisgaar, gettin' a little money to shoot pics doesn't make you a good photographer, neither does having a good setup. you're lacking, it's gonna be tough to admit it - i know i wasn't able to when i was, but it's something you'll have to face.
I never said it made me a good photographer. Matze said I wasn't good enough to be a paid photographer though and that's how that all came up. By all rights, some of these photos I see here are money worthy, but aren't getting paid for. So that definitely goes without being said. I'm quite aware I'm an amateur. It's nothing I need to accept or anything. But all I meant was that I've DEFINITELY seen worse, ya know? That's all. I'm not claiming to be Shigeo or Atiba. Fuck that haha. But no matter how "mediocre", I always try to be a little prideful of what I do. I take pride in the pictures I do take, so I must have let that get in the way of constructive criticism. Anyway, carry on. But enjoy my pictures, everyone!  :)
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #907 on: August 13, 2010, 05:43:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I never said it made me a good photographer. Matze said I wasn't good enough to be a paid photographer though and that's how that all came up. By all rights, some of these photos I see here are money worthy, but aren't getting paid for. So that definitely goes without being said. I'm quite aware I'm an amateur. It's nothing I need to accept or anything. But all I meant was that I've DEFINITELY seen worse, ya know? That's all. I'm not claiming to be Shigeo or Atiba. Fuck that haha. But no matter how "mediocre", I always try to be a little prideful of what I do. I take pride in the pictures I do take, so I must have let that get in the way of constructive criticism. Anyway, carry on. But enjoy my pictures, everyone!  :)

i really do understand the point. i think, that it?s also easier to take pictures with better skateboarders, it?s tiring to shoot a backtail on a curb 5 times until someone gets it right. and its even harder without a fisheye or wideangle or even a dslr. still, it seems to me that you?re lacking some basic principles of angles and stuff. i?m not trying to say that i?m better or anything, i?m in this thing for about as long as you are, its just that there are some rules to follow. some of the pictures you?ve taken aren?t bad from a technical point of view, but they could?ve been a lot better. but you?ll learn. and i?d be really stoked to get the chance to make money with it, it will surely motivate you a lot. props for that. i hope it will work out for you. for me, it?s just a really neat hobby, that seems to grow on me everytime i grab my camera, just like skateboarding did 8 years ago. and that just feels awesome as hell.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #908 on: August 13, 2010, 06:15:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

i really do understand the point. i think, that it?s also easier to take pictures with better skateboarders, it?s tiring to shoot a backtail on a curb 5 times until someone gets it right. and its even harder without a fisheye or wideangle or even a dslr. still, it seems to me that you?re lacking some basic principles of angles and stuff. i?m not trying to say that i?m better or anything, i?m in this thing for about as long as you are, its just that there are some rules to follow. some of the pictures you?ve taken aren?t bad from a technical point of view, but they could?ve been a lot better. but you?ll learn. and i?d be really stoked to get the chance to make money with it, it will surely motivate you a lot. props for that. i hope it will work out for you. for me, it?s just a really neat hobby, that seems to grow on me everytime i grab my camera, just like skateboarding did 8 years ago. and that just feels awesome as hell.
Haha, honestly, me and my bro's boy Dave, the guy doing the BS Tail is the easiest skater I've ever taken pictures of. That was first try. He does everything first try, pretty much. There's only been one instance where it was like... 3 tries then he finally got it on some trick. Thanks, man. It feels good to also be encouraged, along with constructive criticism. I'm definitely limited with what I can do without a proper fisheye (I have one but it's my brother's and it doesn't even fit the camera. It's for video cameras and it ended up not even fitting on that, so we just tape it on shit. It works out, though haha). But for the area, in little ol' Maine... these are some of the best skaters of the state. I don't live in Cali. I can't find like borderline pros to photoshoot with.

Scallywag crew!

buttpirate

• Rep: 32
« Reply #909 on: August 14, 2010, 12:44:55 AM »

sick

also the stuff brandon posted a page back was really nice

hasselbladical

• Rep: 55
« Reply #910 on: August 14, 2010, 03:28:39 PM »

Wallie to the step up.

And a super gnarly nollie bs tail.

P.S Mooley, some sick stuff in that batch you posted!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 03:31:26 PM by hasselbladical »

Giovanni Falcone

« Reply #911 on: August 15, 2010, 12:42:23 PM »

Al Borland

• Rep: 37
« Reply #912 on: August 15, 2010, 02:00:53 PM »
was in germany/switzerland the last three weeks, here's a few photos.

edit:

forgot this one;

took that with an iphone 4 and some hdr app my friend had.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 02:03:37 PM by Al Borland »

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #913 on: August 15, 2010, 02:13:06 PM »

So good.

Is that last one really from an iphone? That's fucked.

Al Borland

« Reply #914 on: August 15, 2010, 02:20:36 PM »
yeah it really is, here's another one i took with it.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #915 on: August 15, 2010, 04:42:55 PM »

"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #916 on: August 15, 2010, 05:59:20 PM »
yeah it really is, here's another one i took with it.

Damn.....I just downloaded that HDR app an none of my photos look like that. Are you doing all that on the phone or some photoshop afterwards?
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Al Borland

« Reply #917 on: August 15, 2010, 06:34:49 PM »
all through the phone, but i'm not sure what app it is. i'll ask him next time i talk to him.

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #918 on: August 15, 2010, 09:53:23 PM »
This idea may not find much popularity on the Slap boards, but I think some of you may find it interesting...

". . . . I should try to tell, in a straightforward way, plain stories, so that I will try to get away from mazes, from mirrors, from daggers, from tigers, because all of those things now grow a bit of a bore to me.  So that I will try to write a book, a book so good that nobody will think I have written it.  I would write a book - I won't say in somebody else's style - but in the style of anybody else."

-Jorge Luis Borges

I find this relative to photography and the direction in which new technology may be taking it.  Personally, the spectacle of technology has grown a bit of a bore to me.  I'm not really interested in what computers can do.  I don't really like skate photography.  Some of it is interesting; I like Ed Templeton's Canon AE-1 stuff, if that's considered skate photography, but most skate photos are "bring the studio to the spot" shots that are flat, over-saturated, and poorly layer masked.  As photographs, they are not that compelling.  As for HDR... to each his/her own, but I really think it looks terrible.  I'm not trying to start shit, just maybe a discussion.

Here's an excerpt from an interview that can be read here... http://jmcolberg.com/weblog/extended/archives/a_conversation_with_michael_lundgren/

JC: A lot of photographers are trying to push the boundaries of what photography actually is, and I do sense a bit of that in your work. Is this something you are interested in?

ML: Yes and No. I?m simply trying to understand photography, to make work that deals with photographic formalism, an often-misunderstood idea. Formalism is not just about the way content is arranged; it is a means of relating medium specificity to a larger impulse. Dealing with the medium in a simple way is enough for me. The word radical comes from the Latin ?radix?, meaning root. Much contemporary work is disconnected to the trace of history, disjointed from the essential paradox of photography. Instead it becomes based on technological possibilities and the spectacle of the subject, not on a primary understanding of the medium. Photography?s future is in peril. New technology has made the medium more democratic, but a nuanced understanding of the inherent dialectic in photography is at the risk of being lost or disregarded. In the end, I hope that my work is in conversation with a lineage and that my part in that conversation moves picture-making forward.

Again, this is not an attack, and I understand that most people think my photographs and photographs that I find interesting are boring.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1486
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #919 on: August 16, 2010, 05:44:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
My technique is probably lacking here and there... I have only been photog'ing skating for about a year.
Every time I shoot for someone, I keep practicing all of the mentioned critiques.
Having better equipment, though, WILL help me expand my horizons and open up new ways to learn and improve is what I mean about equipment, that's all. I'm trying to save up for this really badass Nikon on eBay. It's SO underpriced for what it is, and it comes with a kit, as well. It's like $500 to $600 but is probably worth like $1200.
Whenever you get your badass ebay Nikon to start raking in the photography money, make sure you set it to P mode because P stands for pro.

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
« Reply #920 on: August 16, 2010, 06:06:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
matze's criticism should be taken objectively, independent of whatever "situation" you're in right now. ? you seem to be hung up on his critique about your equipment, when you should really be concerned with what he said about your technique. ? even if you upgraded your kodak digi, the photos would still be lacking.
[close]
[close]
Whenever you get your badass ebay Nikon to start raking in the photography money, make sure you set it to P mode because P stands for pro.
haha, zing

+ seeing Chris Cole Kid call out Matze to show him photos that are better than his shows that he's obviously new here

loophole

« Reply #921 on: August 16, 2010, 07:51:15 AM »
This idea may not find much popularity on the Slap boards, but I think some of you may find it interesting...

". . . . I should try to tell, in a straightforward way, plain stories, so that I will try to get away from mazes, from mirrors, from daggers, from tigers, because all of those things now grow a bit of a bore to me.  So that I will try to write a book, a book so good that nobody will think I have written it.  I would write a book - I won't say in somebody else's style - but in the style of anybody else."

-Jorge Luis Borges

I find this relative to photography and the direction in which new technology may be taking it.  Personally, the spectacle of technology has grown a bit of a bore to me.  I'm not really interested in what computers can do.  I don't really like skate photography.  Some of it is interesting; I like Ed Templeton's Canon AE-1 stuff, if that's considered skate photography, but most skate photos are "bring the studio to the spot" shots that are flat, over-saturated, and poorly layer masked.  As photographs, they are not that compelling.  As for HDR... to each his/her own, but I really think it looks terrible.  I'm not trying to start shit, just maybe a discussion.

Here's an excerpt from an interview that can be read here... http://jmcolberg.com/weblog/extended/archives/a_conversation_with_michael_lundgren/

JC: A lot of photographers are trying to push the boundaries of what photography actually is, and I do sense a bit of that in your work. Is this something you are interested in?

ML: Yes and No. I?m simply trying to understand photography, to make work that deals with photographic formalism, an often-misunderstood idea. Formalism is not just about the way content is arranged; it is a means of relating medium specificity to a larger impulse. Dealing with the medium in a simple way is enough for me. The word radical comes from the Latin ?radix?, meaning root. Much contemporary work is disconnected to the trace of history, disjointed from the essential paradox of photography. Instead it becomes based on technological possibilities and the spectacle of the subject, not on a primary understanding of the medium. Photography?s future is in peril. New technology has made the medium more democratic, but a nuanced understanding of the inherent dialectic in photography is at the risk of being lost or disregarded. In the end, I hope that my work is in conversation with a lineage and that my part in that conversation moves picture-making forward.

Again, this is not an attack, and I understand that most people think my photographs and photographs that I find interesting are boring.
i remember that interview, real good one. it's tough to say what makes a good photograph because there's so much ambiguity- a set up photograph can be bad or good, a nostalgic photograph can be bad or good. but for me hdr is always bad for several reasons but i can't be arsed to get into it right now

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
« Reply #922 on: August 16, 2010, 08:40:25 AM »
I think that the advent of digital photography and especially the super cameras that are being made today have made photography bland because there are no more problems.  People no longer have to overcome the basic problems of and therefore never think about exposure, focus, shutter speed vs aperture etc because their camera does it all for them.  This is making the act of photography much less of a craft.  I've been going to the darkroom to make prints and it's not easy to accept that you have taken an imperfect photograph after putting work into it.  Many people simply aren't willing to put actual work and thought into the art of photography any more.  In my estimation at least... 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 08:41:56 AM by Nosferatu »
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1304
« Reply #923 on: August 16, 2010, 09:01:55 AM »
I think that the advent of digital photography and especially the super cameras that are being made today have made photography bland because there are no more problems.  People no longer have to overcome the basic problems of and therefore never think about exposure, focus, shutter speed vs aperture etc because their camera does it all for them.  This is making the act of photography much less of a craft.  I've been going to the darkroom to make prints and it's not easy to accept that you have taken an imperfect photograph after putting work into it.  Many people simply aren't willing to put actual work and thought into the art of photography any more.  In my estimation at least... 
this is why im glad i only have a film slr. photography always sparked my interest because the images that drew me in had little niches that made them unique. film allows for careful manipulation and strategy in order to create a certain quality to the prints. digital, while more practical and faster, takes away the fun of the process.

frank

• Rep: 1
« Reply #924 on: August 16, 2010, 09:39:42 AM »
just got my first roll of slide film developed and let me just say thats its fucking awesome!!!
whats crappenin

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #925 on: August 16, 2010, 09:57:11 AM »
just got my first roll of slide film developed and let me just say thats its fucking awesome!!!

Post them up!

I agree with modern day photography being more practical then it used to be but I don't knock it for what it is. Things change all the time whether it is photography, film making (HD vs non-HD) or even skateboarding for that matter. I think there will always be a dividing line between the two parties but in a way, I almost think it is a good thing to have so many different styles and mediums for people to explore.

I am a new age shooter and have treated digital photography for what it is. It is a digital image made up of pixels, so it's not meant to be treated as film. Post processing is a big part of photography whether using photoshop, lightroom, etc.....even though it is looked at as cheating in some ways. But still, there are many people that do it wrong and by the end of it, a lot of photography is dependent on the user and not the equipment. 
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1304
« Reply #926 on: August 16, 2010, 10:25:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Post them up!

I agree with modern day photography being more practical then it used to be but I don't knock it for what it is. Things change all the time whether it is photography, film making (HD vs non-HD) or even skateboarding for that matter. I think there will always be a dividing line between the two parties but in a way, I almost think it is a good thing to have so many different styles and mediums for people to explore.

I am a new age shooter and have treated digital photography for what it is. It is a digital image made up of pixels, so it's not meant to be treated as film. Post processing is a big part of photography whether using photoshop, lightroom, etc.....even though it is looked at as cheating in some ways. But still, there are many people that do it wrong and by the end of it, a lot of photography is dependent on the user and not the equipment. 
yeah im not knocking digital. it also takes skill and a careful eye to not produce bullshit. its just a totally different animal. i think even if one is into digital it is good to learn on film.

loophole

« Reply #927 on: August 16, 2010, 11:46:38 AM »
I think that the advent of digital photography and especially the super cameras that are being made today have made photography bland because there are no more problems.  People no longer have to overcome the basic problems of and therefore never think about exposure, focus, shutter speed vs aperture etc because their camera does it all for them.  This is making the act of photography much less of a craft.  I've been going to the darkroom to make prints and it's not easy to accept that you have taken an imperfect photograph after putting work into it.  Many people simply aren't willing to put actual work and thought into the art of photography any more.  In my estimation at least... 
true, but good digital photography is distinguishable from the bad, and while cameras can do everything automatically, shooting manually and knowing what you're doing makes a big difference. for example, even hot digi cameras don't know what you're specifically exposing for in a frame, whereas metering a subject, manually entering your digits always comes out with better images.

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #928 on: August 16, 2010, 12:00:11 PM »
In that interview, Lundgren goes on to say...
"First off, I am not a luddite. Much of my work is heavily altered in the computer as well as the darkroom. In a sense, directorial photography has been steadily supplanting what Paul Graham calls analytical photography, which is what I do. And much directorial photography and digital compositing (directorial�s newest agency) is so seamlessly crafted in intent and message that it is often indistinguishable from the world of fashion and advertising. I don�t believe that technology alone will lead to an expansion of what photography is. . . ."
And I agree with that.  I shoot with my S90 every day without any guilt that I'm not exposing any silver.  But it's like Robert Adams said, "Pictures should look like they were easily taken.  Otherwise beauty in the world is made to seem elusive and rare, which it is not."  And as Nicholas Nixon said, "Each successful photograph balances content with form and truth with aspect, using a solution unique to itself.  While describing something that matters with clarity, economy and force seems to be photography's perennial aesthetic, how this comes about remains for most a private and, for the most part, intuitive matter.  The best photographs are transparent, sensual, intelligent, fulfilled, freshly arrived, enduring and, in the deepest sense, are of the world."

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #929 on: August 16, 2010, 01:56:45 PM »
Expand Quote
I think that the advent of digital photography and especially the super cameras that are being made today have made photography bland because there are no more problems.  People no longer have to overcome the basic problems of and therefore never think about exposure, focus, shutter speed vs aperture etc because their camera does it all for them.  This is making the act of photography much less of a craft.  I've been going to the darkroom to make prints and it's not easy to accept that you have taken an imperfect photograph after putting work into it.  Many people simply aren't willing to put actual work and thought into the art of photography any more.  In my estimation at least... 
[close]
true, but good digital photography is distinguishable from the bad, and while cameras can do everything automatically, shooting manually and knowing what you're doing makes a big difference. for example, even hot digi cameras don't know what you're specifically exposing for in a frame, whereas metering a subject, manually entering your digits always comes out with better images.

i agree with this.  it shouldn't matter what it took to get there it's the photo that matters.  and the imagination of the photographer..  not to mention that, developing aside, it can be just as difficult to get a photo with a digital camera as with a film camera, and just as much work. 

it seems like whenever there are big technical advances in technology for the arts there are always people who are resistant, and insist the old way is more pure etc..     but i think most people, eventually, are happy to have better tools at their disposal, to help them do what they're trying to do.

the same thing happened when film editing went from actually splicing film to editing on computers.  a lot of people thought the computer stuff was bullshit..  nowadays you'd be hardpressed to find anyone editing on film, except for maybe a small handfull or experimental art projec type stuff..    things that took days to do can now be done in seconds, and undone in seconds..    any filmmaker who was around in the film editing days will tell you that they'd prefer not to go back
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."