Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 173648 times)

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #2130 on: May 10, 2024, 12:37:09 AM »
What shoes are you skating at the moment? Having a shoe crisis

I've been skating the #NB 272 synthetics. They're comfy and protective, although the stock insole is terrible. So I swapped 'em out for some eS STI insoles.

Before I was skating the Nyjah 3's, they're 25-35 euros here. I'd take a utility knife and scrap off the Nike logos and paint over the Nyjah branding. Not a dig toward Nike or Nyjah, just felt it looked lame. I like the longevity and board feel of the Nyjah's, unfortunately, the porpoise-like toe cap started to inflame the toes on my reg pushing foot. Andrew Cannon had the same issue with the Nyjah's and had toe surgery.

It feels like vegan options are dire these days. I have two pairs of the synth 272's left, then I don't know what I'm going to do, the supply is dwindling and they're now almost 100€ a pair.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

The real veganshawn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 105
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #2131 on: May 10, 2024, 04:45:45 AM »
Just got some Figgy Emerica.
Cocteau Twins

The real veganshawn

• What the fuck was that
« Reply #2132 on: May 10, 2024, 04:51:31 AM »
It's sad that vegan skate shoe market is so fucked these days.
Cocteau Twins

sebbo

• Rep: 21
« Reply #2133 on: May 10, 2024, 05:49:51 AM »
I'm skating with the Synth Rowley right now. I enjoy skating in them, but their durability is lacking compared to the Nike Blazer Doyenne, which I skated in previously. I wonder why Nike doesn't release a simpler version of this shoe without all the limited edition stuff. The toe cap on the Blazer was incredibly durable; I could skate in them for two months without issue. With the Synth Rowley, I already had a hole in the flick area after just two weeks and had to patch it up with shoe goo.

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 150
« Reply #2134 on: May 10, 2024, 11:17:31 AM »
Looks like we're getting our first proper Skate Half Cab tomorrow via Boys of Summer, but of course it's camo and with writing all over the foxing tape  :-\

I was debating on getting them but I couldn't imagine having two random dude's names plastered all over my shoes

The real veganshawn

• What the fuck was that
« Reply #2135 on: May 10, 2024, 11:26:51 AM »
So ugly, why does Vans hate vegans?
Cocteau Twins

Chega

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2136 on: May 11, 2024, 11:00:46 AM »
Sorry for spamming, but is anyone interested in a lightly skated vegan spanky us9? I realized cupsole doesn't work for me, unfortunately. $35 shipped.
Also, did anyone try the Winkoswki shoe yet? I had a good experience with his Omen Hi color.