Author Topic: Woodshop Directory 2018 Thread  (Read 124868 times)

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 775
Re: Woodshop Directory 2018 Thread
« Reply #480 on: October 01, 2018, 12:59:49 PM »
Expand Quote
i just ordered a lurkville deck. how's the quality of the wood? is it still quincy?
[close]

It's the same wood as that BLVD deck, I just sold mine. It had like a P2 stamp on it. I suspect it may it may be puredist/woodchuck laminates. No one is sure what syndrome uses

is it any good though?
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1078
« Reply #481 on: October 01, 2018, 01:20:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i just ordered a lurkville deck. how's the quality of the wood? is it still quincy?
[close]

It's the same wood as that BLVD deck, I just sold mine. It had like a P2 stamp on it. I suspect it may it may be puredist/woodchuck laminates. No one is sure what syndrome uses
[close]

is it any good though?

I never rode them, Didn't like the shape of the BLVD and the lurkville was the wrong size. I see syndrome decks on Amazon all the time for under 20$ so I usually buy them and If don't like them I just sell them for 20 or 30$ at the park. For what it's worth. I did end up giving the BLVD deck to my GF who doesn't skate.

I have flipped it around a bit on flat. There's nothing wrong with it. I haven't put it through the ringer or anything.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1184
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #482 on: October 01, 2018, 02:41:24 PM »
^ Is your entire big toe protruding from your sock?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

planman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #483 on: October 01, 2018, 03:26:38 PM »
That nigga ain't wearing socks

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #484 on: October 01, 2018, 07:49:44 PM »

Hahaha, holy shit he isn’t!
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

nosneb

• Rep: 90
« Reply #485 on: October 01, 2018, 07:54:15 PM »

Shifty Flip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #486 on: October 03, 2018, 07:19:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Missing bellybuttons, now this?!? What's really is Slap anymore?

Hahaha, holy shit he isn’t!

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #487 on: October 04, 2018, 06:05:31 AM »
ok so that lurkville board has just arrived, it feels nice, shape is great, it has multiple colored plys (top, middle and bottom) and it also had a small made in usa sticker near the back bolts. no laser etching though. i messaged them on instagram and asked about the woodshop, but they haven't answered me yet.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1008
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #488 on: October 04, 2018, 09:59:25 AM »
ok so that lurkville board has just arrived, it feels nice, shape is great, it has multiple colored plys (top, middle and bottom) and it also had a small made in usa sticker near the back bolts. no laser etching though. i messaged them on instagram and asked about the woodshop, but they haven't answered me yet.

Having ridden a number of Lurkville boards I always wanted to know what woodshops they rotate through, a while back they were using BBS/Generator and a DLX mold (a true 8.3 that apparently no one uses anymore then or now); best board I've ever ridden. Got pics of the shape (preferably with grip).

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #489 on: October 04, 2018, 12:32:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Having ridden a number of Lurkville boards I always wanted to know what woodshops they rotate through, a while back they were using BBS/Generator and a DLX mold (a true 8.3 that apparently no one uses anymore then or now); best board I've ever ridden. Got pics of the shape (preferably with grip).

skated it for like an hour and it cracked near the front left wheel, but it’s still really stiff and i can’t feel it at all while skating. still pretty weird though. i’ve messaged both syndrome and lurkville but didn’t get an answer, then i messaged quincy which was their previous woodshop and they said that they don’t make boards for lurkville anymore.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #490 on: October 04, 2018, 12:35:43 PM »
sorry for double posting but i forgot to say that it kinda feels like a baker o.g shape but with a bigger and more square nose, which is pretty much the best possible popsicle shape for me. it’s 8.5 x 32, don’t know the wheelbase but it could be 14.25, i’ll measure it when i get home

edit: it measures 14.17, so yeah they were probably going for 14.25.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 01:39:15 PM by roba »
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

youngboyNBD

• Rep: -1
« Reply #491 on: October 04, 2018, 02:52:04 PM »
Is studio wood BB/generator?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #492 on: October 04, 2018, 03:44:59 PM »
Control.....

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #493 on: October 11, 2018, 02:40:52 AM »
Someone in the shop was telling me that Palace boards are being manufactured in Mexico- is that true and would it still be under Dwindle? Is there any difference between the Euro and US palace boards?

Jayone650

« Reply #494 on: October 11, 2018, 09:44:13 AM »
Someone in the shop was telling me that Palace boards are being manufactured in Mexico- is that true and would it still be under Dwindle? Is there any difference between the Euro and US palace boards?

Just skated a 8.125” puig s12 deck and they are still dwindle it lasted almost two months I have always liked dwindle wood

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #495 on: October 11, 2018, 12:50:23 PM »

still dwindle, and i believe that they are made on the pricepoint wood. could be wrong about the latter though
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

baustin

• Rep: 117
« Reply #496 on: October 12, 2018, 10:56:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

still dwindle, and i believe that they are made on the pricepoint wood. could be wrong about the latter though

What made you think they're made on pricepoint wood? Bummer if true but I'm sorta doubting it. Speaking of, does anyone know if Enjoi's classic spectrum logo deck is standard or pricepoint wood? I'd love to skate an Enjoi board but that's the only graphic they've got that I can get behind lately.

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #497 on: October 12, 2018, 01:58:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What made you think they're made on pricepoint wood? Bummer if true but I'm sorta doubting it. Speaking of, does anyone know if Enjoi's classic spectrum logo deck is standard or pricepoint wood? I'd love to skate an Enjoi board but that's the only graphic they've got that I can get behind lately.

think the spectrums are standard if they are the classic colorway and the ones with white writing are pricepoints. i remember having a palace back in the day and it broke very quickly, and not too long ago my friend had the same situation, so i guess they're still the same wood and that wood felt like pricepoint dwindle. i'm not 100 on that though
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

JK42

• Rep: 22
« Reply #498 on: October 16, 2018, 03:29:47 AM »
Is TIRED definitely PS Stix these days. I ask because board I am interested in doesn't have the alleged "made by PS Stix" on it.

TheVisitor

• Rep: -13
« Reply #499 on: October 16, 2018, 08:07:12 AM »
Man, wtf is up with PS Stix and Generator measuring their sizes differently. Just got a Quasi 8.5 that's way larger then my AWS 8.5. I heard PS Stix measure their boards with the concave and Generator does straight across, I guess that shit is true.  ???

ungzilla

« Reply #500 on: October 16, 2018, 08:26:11 AM »
that would make an 8.5 ps stix smaller than an 8.5 generator though

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #501 on: October 16, 2018, 09:08:15 AM »
Man, wtf is up with PS Stix and Generator measuring their sizes differently. Just got a Quasi 8.5 that's way larger then my AWS 8.5. I heard PS Stix measure their boards with the concave and Generator does straight across, I guess that shit is true.  ???

This is a few years old, so it may not be 100% valid anymore .

DECK LENGTH MEASURING BY COMPANY
http://skateboardingismylifetimesport.blogspot.com/2013/05/deck-length-measuring-by-company.html

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #502 on: October 16, 2018, 09:55:52 AM »
Holy shit.  This guy is awesome.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #503 on: October 16, 2018, 10:19:34 AM »
This topic has been beaten to death already

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

JK42

• Rep: 22
« Reply #504 on: October 17, 2018, 04:30:48 AM »
Answering my own question here, but i have had confirmation from the UK distro that the new run of TIRED boards are now Generator, and no longer PS Stix.

ballintoohard

« Reply #505 on: October 27, 2018, 12:56:48 PM »
Does any brand make a shape like the Quasi Proto 8.25? It has a 14.25 WB, but isn't as steep in the nose or tail as the FA/Hockey/other PS Stix boards.  I've heard Scumco Kiddie Pool is sorta similar?

palelight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #506 on: October 27, 2018, 01:49:14 PM »
Does any brand make a shape like the Quasi Proto 8.25? It has a 14.25 WB, but isn't as steep in the nose or tail as the FA/Hockey/other PS Stix boards.  I've heard Scumco Kiddie Pool is sorta similar?

Majority of Scumco decks have 14" wheelbases. And the nose and tails are nothing like Quasi's (shape-wise), more pointy/traditional popsicle shape. But if you find something, post it, I'd be interested to know as well.

*Edit: Maybe something from WKND? Definitely going to have a similar shape, but the nose might be a bit steep. This place always has good concave shots, https://www.skatedeluxe.com/en/wknd-shop
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 01:54:08 PM by palelight »

ballintoohard

« Reply #507 on: October 28, 2018, 02:59:25 PM »

I've got an AVE FA deck that was spost to be 8.5 and it measures at least 8.65 across, 8.7 when you go with the concave.  It's much more massive, but still has a 14.25 wheelbase so its fun as hell.

Tally810

• Rep: -9
« Reply #508 on: October 28, 2018, 03:25:05 PM »
My 8 year old daughter got a meow PS stix deck a couple days ago and the tail is warped and the concave is higher on one side like the entire deck twisted a little bit.  It's a shame because it's a really nice shape and fits her well.  The local said he's had to send several ps boards back that were warped

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 729
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #509 on: October 29, 2018, 06:12:58 PM »
Anyone know where Roger is getting their boards pressed?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this