Author Topic: Woodshop Directory 2018 Thread  (Read 124880 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1183
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Woodshop Directory 2018 Thread
« Reply #570 on: December 12, 2018, 09:38:14 PM »
What the fuck is that?  Does it feel different than the rest of the board?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #571 on: December 12, 2018, 10:24:05 PM »
What the fuck is that?  Does it feel different than the rest of the board?
Yeah feels like hard acrylic

« Reply #572 on: December 12, 2018, 10:28:47 PM »
No evidence for this but my guess is because it's a primitive dragon ball z deck, they fucked it up somehow at the factory and repaired it. I'm curious if it happened to a bunch of boards because it doesn't really make sense to do one you'd just scrap it. I bet they Figure most likely a kid would have it and not notice. I don't think it would effect the performance. But I'm surprised cause it's generator and I wouldn't expect that. The deck was factory sealed there's no chance anyone else did it.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #573 on: December 13, 2018, 12:56:11 AM »
Never seen this before what's the deal with this primitive deck? It's generator so their doing.

Yeah, that's wood filler. Likely of the 'plastic wood' variety. Use it all the time plugging finishing nails on shelves and trim.... fucking weird to see that on a deck.

« Reply #574 on: December 13, 2018, 01:01:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Never seen this before what's the deal with this primitive deck? It's generator so their doing.

[close]

Yeah, that's wood filler. Likely of the 'plastic wood' variety. Use it all the time plugging finishing nails on shelves and trim.... fucking weird to see that on a deck.
What could have possibly happened? To me it seems it was damaged before graphic but after being pressed. But it's so weird it looks like a budget MacGyver fix on this brand new flawless skateboard.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #575 on: December 13, 2018, 01:05:08 AM »
No evidence for this but my guess is because it's a primitive dragon ball z deck, they fucked it up somehow at the factory and repaired it. I'm curious if it happened to a bunch of boards because it doesn't really make sense to do one you'd just scrap it. I bet they Figure most likely a kid would have it and not notice. I don't think it would effect the performance. But I'm surprised cause it's generator and I wouldn't expect that. The deck was factory sealed there's no chance anyone else did it.

yeah weird situation overall. to me it'd make more sense if they expected it to be a wall board. DBZ was for kids back in the day, but nowadays ppl who grew up with it are the target demographic for that shit. my perception is few kids watch any dragon ball nowadays.

maybe contact them about it and possibly get a free replacement?
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

« Reply #576 on: December 13, 2018, 01:20:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah weird situation overall. to me it'd make more sense if they expected it to be a wall board. DBZ was for kids back in the day, but nowadays ppl who grew up with it are the target demographic for that shit. my perception is few kids watch any dragon ball nowadays.

maybe contact them about it and possibly get a free replacement?
You're right I was trying to hide the truth to sound cooler you are describing me I am the target demographic goddamit. Damn you primitive for making me buy a Nick Tucker board with wood filler when I just wanted dr geros most ultimate creation as my board graphic.

cosmicgypsies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
« Reply #577 on: December 13, 2018, 02:43:26 AM »
yeah id be complaining about a deck coming with woodfiller on it, hopefully blag a free one.

nosneb

• Rep: 90
« Reply #578 on: December 13, 2018, 10:54:06 AM »
Once I got a quasi board that was delaminating. Showed them pictures and they said “it’s not that bad” fuck that they wouldn’t help me out. Good thing I bought it at my local shop. Seems like i was gonna be shit out of luck if I bought it online.
Psstix is such hit or a miss but I keep buying them 🤦🏻‍♂️

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #579 on: December 13, 2018, 12:35:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
What could have possibly happened? To me it seems it was damaged before graphic but after being pressed. But it's so weird it looks like a budget MacGyver fix on this brand new flawless skateboard.

Definitely before the graphic. Could have been anything really - knot in of the plys and the wood caved in around it during pressing, something on the press that pushed itself through the deck during compression, getting smoked by something sharp during transportation or storage at the woodshop. In any case, not something you'd expect from Generator.

« Reply #580 on: December 13, 2018, 12:58:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Definitely before the graphic. Could have been anything really - knot in of the plys and the wood caved in around it during pressing, something on the press that pushed itself through the deck during compression, getting smoked by something sharp during transportation or storage at the woodshop. In any case, not something you'd expect from Generator.
Yeah but if that had happened to just one deck I'm sure generator could and would scrap it or give it to someone internally or something no?. Why not just take the L on one damaged board instead of wood filler and selling it when you are considered by all the baseline for quality?. I am wondering if some accident happened to quite a few boards where they couldn't do that. It's not even a well done cover up with smooth edges to match the contour of the rail, really looks budget and has a chip in it. I dunno.

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #581 on: December 13, 2018, 02:42:46 PM »
It's bizarre for sure. I mean someone posted they had a fire/accident at the woodshop a few pages back, who knows. Probably worth shooting someone an email at Primitive, they might take care of it.

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #582 on: December 13, 2018, 04:06:24 PM »
How do you know the woodshop I know PSstixx boards have that serial number starting with PS and i noticed the plys are not colored on most of them so what about other woodshops? like anything specific on the deck? I also know dwindle they have the DSM sticker, but some boards dont hae anything saying what woodshop? Black Label Deluxe ?

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #583 on: December 13, 2018, 04:20:02 PM »
How do you know the woodshop I know PSstixx boards have that serial number starting with PS and i noticed the plys are not colored on most of them so what about other woodshops? like anything specific on the deck? I also know dwindle they have the DSM sticker, but some boards dont hae anything saying what woodshop? Black Label Deluxe ?

Colored or not colored plys won't tell you much. PSstix always have the serial/engraving between the front bolt holes. Generator, usually a "Made in Mexico" sticker somewhere. They have engravings sometimes as well (newer Alien decks for instance). That said most brands aren't cagey about using BBS/Generator, they get tagged on lots of instagram posts, shooting them a dm will usually clarify. All the others - Control, Clutch, etc.  - can be a bit trickier, but the info on the first page of this thread is pretty accurate, and most smaller brands will let you know if you contact them directly. Black Label is definitely BBS/Generator. 

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #584 on: December 13, 2018, 09:15:56 PM »
Woodshop directory threads on slap forums are very handy to find out out who presses who,for the start😉
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Lurk or die

• Rep: -4
« Reply #585 on: December 15, 2018, 10:01:08 AM »
I don't know where to post this but I thought someone on here might appreciate it.

I saw the Ryan Gallant episode of the Nine club. I've never heard of this guy, but I liked his episode and soon after his skating.

Long story short... his new board company is clutch wood...

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #586 on: December 16, 2018, 02:56:27 AM »
I don't know where to post this but I thought someone on here might appreciate it.

I saw the Ryan Gallant episode of the Nine club. I've never heard of this guy, but I liked his episode and soon after his skating.

😳😳😳

It sucks getting old.

Shifty Flip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #587 on: December 17, 2018, 08:05:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
😳😳😳

"Never heard of the guy" please focus, and take clutch with you.

Lurk or die

• Rep: -4
« Reply #588 on: December 17, 2018, 10:53:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
😳😳😳
[close]

"Never heard of the guy" please focus, and take clutch with you.

I apologize for my ignorance. It looks like he was around during my skate hiatus.

But I'm glad I know his wood is clutch enough for you to get off his dick for a sec, and on my ass. I like a little hair pulling to while your back there.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #589 on: December 22, 2018, 07:16:17 AM »
Who does rip n dip? Not that I want one but I saw some live today at local and those shapes were something I’ve never seen before, super pointy kicks and concace was fucking STEEP, felt like my feet didn’t even touched bottom of it while standing on it...

It sucks getting old.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1078
« Reply #590 on: December 22, 2018, 07:31:46 PM »
If be surprised if they weren’t China. I saw them on Alibaba, but it could just be knock offs and fake sample pics

« Reply #591 on: December 23, 2018, 01:51:57 AM »

Around the minute mark he says "I know real boards get a bit of extra juice from the bareback factory" where did this info come from and can anyone elaborate? It also appears he isn't talking about the graphics and embossed stuff cause it's in relation to the board holding its snappiness so the glue? Or the best of the best plies?

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #592 on: December 23, 2018, 03:20:55 AM »
If be surprised if they weren’t China. I saw them on Alibaba, but it could just be knock offs and fake sample pics

The sticker on them say "Made in the USA"

for what it's worth

Do you guys know where Thank you boards are pressed ?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #593 on: December 23, 2018, 07:57:10 AM »

Around the minute mark he says "I know real boards get a bit of extra juice from the bareback factory" where did this info come from and can anyone elaborate? It also appears he isn't talking about the graphics and embossed stuff cause it's in relation to the board holding its snappiness so the glue? Or the best of the best plies?

I believe that this was true, element would stray from the stock PS shapes and concaves at least. While bens board was PS,  I think the most recent runs of element stuff is generato/BBS...so it may no longer matter....

nosneb

« Reply #594 on: December 23, 2018, 08:13:56 AM »
That deck looks exactly like a BBS deck shape and concave though.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #595 on: December 23, 2018, 10:45:41 AM »
I think I looked at this board and it had a PS stamp, but i could have missed it. Ben would know for sure.  That said, like I mentiond PS would definitely do different shapes w. Element, ie. not blunt.   

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #596 on: December 23, 2018, 12:24:55 PM »

I love it when I get extra juice from the bareback factory.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #597 on: December 23, 2018, 12:55:05 PM »
The sticker on them say "Made in the USA"

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but sometimes this whole "Made In USA" is bullshit.

I used to work for a water valve company. We used to get cast and ductile iron castings from China. Being that there is a loophole in the laws, if we modified the casting in anyway on US soil, it could be branded as "Made In America/USA".

This included, but wasn't limited to buying non-machined and non-drilled raw castings and facing and drilling them here in the US.

The most disgusting example was when a customer wanted a US casting and I was instructed to grind China off the body and cover bonnets. Boom, made in the USA.

Technically, if this law were to apply to all resale item's, a board pressed in China could then be considered made in the US if the truck holes were drilled Stateside. Then again, two different industries, so I can't be sure.

Just something to ponder.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

nosneb

« Reply #598 on: December 23, 2018, 06:02:22 PM »
I’ve heard of certain woodshops getting boards for example from Mexico and graphics printed in states  boom made in USA

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #599 on: December 23, 2018, 06:28:31 PM »
There's only a couple smaller manus in the US so I don't think that much is getting past us....