Author Topic: Independent trucks and racist ideology  (Read 98368 times)

burn_to_live

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
Re: Independent trucks and racist ideology
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2018, 01:33:38 PM »
I guess mine might be according to this thread
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2018, 04:28:45 PM »
Isn't Cory glick on indy? he's half jewish

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2018, 04:30:49 PM »
That's an odd piece of information to have.

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2018, 04:33:32 PM »
yoshi tanenbaum is on indy and jewish pretty sure
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2018, 04:51:56 PM »

well he was born in fucking Jerusalem
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2018, 06:40:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's an odd piece of information to have.

He talked about it in thrasher last year, either in his oddity interview or in the interview issue, maybe during a vans tour interview. he's one of the few jews in the industry, besides team lawyers.

disintegration

• Rep: -115
« Reply #156 on: May 22, 2018, 12:53:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Could be muslim or just non-religious.

disintegration

• Rep: -115
« Reply #157 on: May 22, 2018, 01:02:17 AM »
Indy racist confirmed.

Pigeon

« Reply #158 on: May 22, 2018, 02:22:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What if he’s a Scientologist?
Should I buy Film Trucks?

• Rep: -3
« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2018, 01:39:10 PM »
The iconic logo for the trucks was based on the Iron Cross according to legendary skateboard illustrator Jim Phillips, who created the design. It has remained the Independent logo since the company's inception.

Jim Phillips says in his 2007 book "The Art of Jim Phillips":

"...I began toying with the iron, or Maltese cross which was long dead as the old 60s surfer's cross, and even longer dead as the biker's cross. I used a beam compass to make it into a round shape, which looked completely different than the old square iron crosses... I took my idea into the NHS office the next morning and it went on the wall as usual. Jay and Rich each stared at it for a while, and they both thought that it looked a little too "Nazi". My sketches were rejected and I was sent back to the drawing board. I went back to my studio determined to use it, knowing it was the one. I searched my archives and scrap file for some justification for using the symbol. I found a firefighter's logo, symbols on the knights and Columbus sails. Then in my scrap file, under the letter P, I found a Time magazine cover of Pope John Paul from the June 18,1979 edition. It was amazing; there was a cross on his vestments almost the way I designed mine. I marched into the office the next morning with the magazine to show what I thought was proof of acceptability. They both looked at each other and said, 'Well, if the Pope has it, it must be okay!' That was that, and the Independent cross was born."

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2018, 03:45:35 PM »
The iconic logo for the trucks was based on the Iron Cross according to legendary skateboard illustrator Jim Phillips, who created the design. It has remained the Independent logo since the company's inception.

Jim Phillips says in his 2007 book "The Art of Jim Phillips":

"...I began toying with the iron, or Maltese cross which was long dead as the old 60s surfer's cross, and even longer dead as the biker's cross. I used a beam compass to make it into a round shape, which looked completely different than the old square iron crosses... I took my idea into the NHS office the next morning and it went on the wall as usual. Jay and Rich each stared at it for a while, and they both thought that it looked a little too "Nazi". My sketches were rejected and I was sent back to the drawing board. I went back to my studio determined to use it, knowing it was the one. I searched my archives and scrap file for some justification for using the symbol. I found a firefighter's logo, symbols on the knights and Columbus sails. Then in my scrap file, under the letter P, I found a Time magazine cover of Pope John Paul from the June 18,1979 edition. It was amazing; there was a cross on his vestments almost the way I designed mine. I marched into the office the next morning with the magazine to show what I thought was proof of acceptability. They both looked at each other and said, 'Well, if the Pope has it, it must be okay!' That was that, and the Independent cross was born."
So basically it was a clusterfuck of all kinds of cultures, but ultimately based on the iron cross.

McFarty

• Rep: -35
« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2018, 05:35:38 PM »

Wallysaves

• Rep: -6
« Reply #162 on: May 25, 2018, 09:23:16 PM »

poser666

• Rep: -64
« Reply #163 on: May 25, 2018, 09:49:54 PM »
FA dropped their independent trucks this week.....dill confirmed racist now??? hmmmm the plot thickens like hulk hogans hard on that was caught on tape

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #164 on: May 25, 2018, 10:19:33 PM »
Me and Mike Plumb aka lizard king he was at a house party in savanna on his Passion RV Tour. my friends met his crew and invited them over where we were throwing a huge party he busted  out a small Glock 9mm. I had a lengthy talk over the same Indy forearm tattoo got mine when I was 15 I’m 42 now. I don’t need someone else to tell me some fucking dipshits telling me Indy or the iron cross is nazi or racist that’s just plain dumb....caring and making a bigger deal of something is soooo stupid. Where’s your tampons? Know this, Indy’s have always been the best and I knew it from the time I first skated  em in 85’. Rides with the best fuck the rest!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 05:25:29 PM by Skate_lurker_Rob »
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

Sad Hippo

« Reply #165 on: May 25, 2018, 11:48:06 PM »
Me and Mike Plumb aka lizard king he was at a house party in savanna on his Addison  RV Tour. my friends met his crew and invited them over where we were throwing I had a lengthy talk over almost same Indy forearm tattoo got mine when I was 15 I’m 42 now. I don’t need someone else to tell me some fucking dipshits telling me Indy or the iron cross is nazi or racist that’s just plain dumb....caring and making a bigger deal of something is soooo stupid. Where’s your tampons? Know this Indy’s have always been the best and I knew it from the time I first skated  em in 85’. Rides with the best fuck the rest!

Seems about right...

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #166 on: May 26, 2018, 01:48:29 AM »
Me and Mike Plumb aka lizard king he was at a house party in savanna on his Addison  RV Tour. my friends met his crew and invited them over where we were throwing I had a lengthy talk over almost same Indy forearm tattoo got mine when I was 15 I’m 42 now. I don’t need someone else to tell me some fucking dipshits telling me Indy or the iron cross is nazi or racist that’s just plain dumb....caring and making a bigger deal of something is soooo stupid. Where’s your tampons? Know this Indy’s have always been the best and I knew it from the time I first skated  em in 85’. Rides with the best fuck the rest!
I honestly don’t know how I feel or what to think about Indy at this point, but you should probly pull the Trans Am off to the side of the road, turn down the volume on your Out of the Cellar cassette, toss the Mad Dog empties in the trash, call a cab home from the nearest payphone and get some rest back at mom’s house

im probably lying

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #167 on: May 26, 2018, 05:30:53 PM »

I honestly don’t know how I feel or what to think about Indy at this point, but you should probly pull the Trans Am off to the side of the road, turn down the volume on your Out of the Cellar cassette, toss the Mad Dog empties in the trash, call a cab home from the nearest payphone and get some rest back at mom’s house
[/quote]

That's cute, Out of the cellar cassette humph?! well I sir as long as you call me daddy as I spiderman your mum's face....... :3
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #168 on: May 26, 2018, 09:42:13 PM »

That's cute, Out of the cellar cassette humph?! well I sir as long as you call me daddy as I spiderman your mum's face....... :3
[/quote]
Fine, so long as you leave the morning after

im probably lying

B. Hopper

• Rep: 3
« Reply #169 on: May 31, 2018, 10:35:50 AM »
if the Indy logo really gets people this triggered just buy Ace Trucks and shut the fuck up

This.
44 years young. Skatin' since '80. Take yours slams, get up smiling, say #thankyouskateboarding, and get back up and do it again. Because FUN.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #170 on: June 02, 2018, 07:09:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

he is jewish
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

LiberalTroll

• Rep: -5
« Reply #171 on: June 22, 2018, 07:51:53 AM »
If your over the age of 14 and still ride a skate board, you're either a schill for the industry, or something has gone terribly wrong in your life and you should probably find something constructive to do. Adults riding kids toys......how embarrassing for your parents.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #172 on: June 22, 2018, 07:55:12 AM »
Yeah but imagine being the guy who signed up for an account just to tell us that. Yikes

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #173 on: June 22, 2018, 08:13:12 AM »
If your over the age of 14 and still ride a skate board, you're either a schill for the industry, or something has gone terribly wrong in your life and you should probably find something constructive to do. Adults riding kids toys......how embarrassing for your parents.

I can't explain it, but somehow this seems racist

feedmeseymour

« Reply #174 on: June 22, 2018, 08:32:48 AM »
actually my mom thinks im really cool, especially when im in the driveway playing with my factor x ramps.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2274
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #175 on: June 22, 2018, 08:59:12 AM »
Go back to Facebook

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #176 on: June 22, 2018, 09:26:01 AM »
Something has gone terribly wrong with my life, and i should probably find something constructive to do.
Perhaps I will troll strangers on a skateboard gossip forum. I feel like that won't embarrass my parents.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #177 on: June 22, 2018, 10:44:46 AM »

assuming we care what others think was your first mistake. second was posting your dumb thought. your next mistake(s) will be continuing to shit out your worthless thoughts.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #178 on: June 22, 2018, 11:03:33 AM »
I'm more concerned with Plan B stealing their logo from Rankin-Bass. I mean, those guys made hella Christmas puppet movies. Rudolph is classic.

Wow!

Level 40 Human Fedora

• Rep: -46
« Reply #179 on: July 26, 2018, 10:28:33 AM »
Fuck the rest, right guys?