Author Topic: Muckmouth | Josh Swindell interview  (Read 29379 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Muckmouth | Josh Swindell interview
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2014, 07:06:30 PM »
who does that ? and again, in the c. pontinus interview he said "driving to the boarder" no mention of helicopter,  just quoting the interview not saying its fact.  Chris pontinus put his fucking name by that statment tho, he wasnt anominous on a  slap forum
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 07:09:44 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2014, 07:37:32 PM »
Obviously Swindell's gonna portray himself in the best possible light, while making everyone else look like snarling monsters. We'll never know the true story. I suggest it was Danny way, in the library, with a cinder block.

nice one

maybe we should let Markovich go in and get the truth out of Way , you know Gitmo style

phillip dominguez

• Rep: 15
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2014, 09:31:45 PM »
For everyone talking about the Platinum shirt, I worked at a shop when they were still in business, and they had a board with a graphic of the rainbow flag all shot up.  Don't remember a shirt that said we kill fags, but I remember when we got that catalog the shop owner never ordered another thing from them or XYZ.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2014, 09:49:11 PM »
I've also heard of an XYZ logo that was a Thrasher ripoff that said Gaybasher. Can anyone dig any of this stuff up?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 10:49:24 PM by Prison Wallet »

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2014, 10:46:17 PM »
I feel like people are arguing so much about whether or not Danny Way is a scumbag has gotten in the way of the bigger issue here, which is the quick to violence animal like mentality that is so prevalent in humanity today.  

This same shit is probably happening in a bar somewhere right now.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

phillip dominguez

« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2014, 11:19:38 PM »
You're right it probably is people are idiots and get caught up in herd mentality, no excuse for it.  I've seen terrible shit go down at bars over nothing and its completely regular.  As far as Danny Way goes the second hand stories I've heard about him back in those days from people who stayed at his house always led me to believe he was a racist, homophobic, misogynistic, jockish piece of shit.  Those traits aside everyone always backed him up by saying " but he's the fucking best skater", like that was a pass to be a complete human piece of shit.  Regardless, glad Swindell can somewhat own up to what happened, he's been saying the same story for years about this whole crime, and he seems like a changed man.  I'm sure its not an easy thing to live with.

phillip dominguez

« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2014, 11:30:50 PM »
I've also heard of an XYZ logo that was a Thrasher ripoff that said Gaybasher. Can anyone dig any of this stuff up?

I've tried a generic google search of this stuff several times over the past few years and nothing ever comes up.  I know for a fact the deck with the shot up pride flag was issued.  Also I believe it
 was a Big Brother interview with Moses Itkonen where they asked him about it, and he had some response about setting those types of kids straight or some other nonsense.  If I can find this stuff in my storage I'll post it, but anyone who was around back then already knows about this.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2014, 12:44:25 AM »
just another thing that people take as gospel with no evidence
the essense of slap

Obviously Swindell's gonna portray himself in the best possible light, while making everyone else look like snarling monsters. We'll never know the true story. I suggest it was Danny way, in the library, with a cinder block.
from a 20 year old l.a. times article:

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-03-06/news/mn-30789_1_pro-skateboarder/3

If the Rogowski case sent a tremor through the skateboard world, Joshua Swindell has triggered the aftershock that raises questions about the direction in which the sport is heading and what role, if any, it played in the troubles of its stars.

Swindell had driven up from Carlsbad with Danny Way, another top star, to attend a rap party at a rented bar. A scrawny man named Keith Ogden crashed the event, according to court records. Witnesses would later testify at a preliminary hearing that Ogden, 31, approached Way outside the bar and flashed some bills in an apparent bid to buy sexual favors.

When Ogden persisted, according to Way's testimony, Way knocked him out with one punch--after which a club bouncer did the same to Way.

Both men were dragged inside. Later in the night, several attempts were made to send Ogden away; the last involved Swindell and a 17-year-old skateboarding friend. They were seen dragging and kicking Ogden across a street, one witness testified at the preliminary hearing late last year.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 09:07:55 AM by Iceman »

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2014, 03:34:44 AM »
For everyone talking about the Platinum shirt, I worked at a shop when they were still in business, and they had a board with a graphic of the rainbow flag all shot up.  Don't remember a shirt that said we kill fags, but I remember when we got that catalog the shop owner never ordered another thing from them or XYZ.

i worked at a shop as well and aside from the talked about shit i also remember a bunch of nazi style graphics... they came with this vid

and whatever swindell may say only they know the truth- it can be that he s still not snitching

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2014, 05:18:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I didn't read the 3rd page of this but, even if his involvement was minimal, D Way literally made a shirt for Platinum that says "we kill fags". Just gotta reiterate this. Fuckin' scumbag. Does not deserve to be defended. The tenacity of him to make that shirt after the situation he was in (and never fessed up to) is just completely ridic.
[close]

I've heard stories of this shirt since the mid 90s, yet I've never once seen any evidence of it existing. Not that I put it past those guys to actually have made it, but is this just another thing that people take as gospel with no evidence except that you read it on a message board or "the homie" said so? Every single insane rumor I've read about Danny Way on this site has over time been proven untrue by people who were actually there. In this interview alone he laughs about the shooting people crossing the border from a helicopter and throwing a chunk of concrete onto Ogden's head. Which, let's be honest, if you believed either of those things about a person you've never met you are either a child or unintelligent.

"First we get ourselves a bunch of automatic weapons, and a pilot who can keep a secret" - D.Way

[close]

What's amazing is that people read a Chris Pontius interview in Big Brother and take it to be 100% fact.
Wad this the Chris Pontius interview in which he performed the "whirly bird"? I have that issue in storage.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2014, 07:20:13 AM »
Wad this the Chris Pontius interview in which he performed the "whirly bird"? I have that issue in storage.

yes that same interview.  wearing a dunce cap no less!

Josh Swindell was also a notorious jockish piece of shit around this time too... it's funny to hear some people respond in this thread as if he's Hurricane Carter.  Just because somebody had a pre-existing head injury does not mean that beating/stomping him to death was a big misunderstanding.  Dude deserved his 19 years (if not more), maybe some other people did too; but Swindell is hardly a victim of circumstance.

The only person who got screwed here is Keith Ogden.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2014, 07:50:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Josh Swindell was also a notorious jockish piece of shit around this time too... it's funny to hear some people respond in this thread as if he's Hurricane Carter.  Just because somebody had a pre-existing head injury does not mean that beating/stomping him to death was a big misunderstanding.  Dude deserved his 19 years (if not more), maybe some other people did too; but Swindell is hardly a victim of circumstance.

I'm pretty sure that's what he was going for.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2014, 07:55:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm pretty sure that's what he was going for.

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2014, 08:49:55 AM »
Found this old Big Brother Interview of Swindell when he was in a Mexico jail for getting caught with a gun in Mexico. I can't tell if he is bullshitting or not.

Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

veebs

• Rep: -3
  • Hard 2 sit when you got someone's hand up your ass
« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2014, 09:38:42 AM »
anyone else see the connection between his colon being removed and being a scrawny white dude in prison for 19 years?
prison rape is no joke.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2014, 10:00:25 AM »
anyone else see the connection between his colon being removed and being a scrawny white dude in prison for 19 years?
prison food is no joke.

Ulcerative colitis isn't the result of rape, it's from being in a filthy prison eating food covered in bacteria for 19 years. 

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2014, 10:05:26 AM »
Another read from a 94 Big Brother

« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 10:09:10 AM by Disco234 »
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2014, 10:07:42 AM »
Expand Quote
prison food is no joke.
[close]

Ulcerative colitis isn't the result of rape, it's from being in a filthy prison eating food covered in bacteria for 19 years. 

you're an idiot.  it's an autoimmune disorder similar to arthritis and psoriasis that causes severe ulcers throughout the digestive system.  i had it for about 8 years and had the same surgery as Josh; wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy and it is no laughing matter. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2014, 05:07:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
prison food is no joke.
[close]

[close]

you're an idiot.  it's an autoimmune disorder similar to arthritis and psoriasis that causes severe ulcers throughout the digestive system.  i had it for about 8 years and had the same surgery as Josh; wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy and it is no laughing matter.  

"Although considerable progress has been made in IBD research, investigators do not yet know what causes this disease. Studies indicate that the inflammation in IBD involves a complex interaction of factors: the genes the person has inherited, the immune system, and something in the environment. Foreign substances (antigens) in the environment may be the direct cause of the inflammation, or they may stimulate the body's defenses to produce an inflammation that continues without control." - direct quote from http://www.ccfa.org/what-are-crohns-and-colitis/what-is-ulcerative-colitis/

On top of that, no one joked about and my dad got it from eating shitty fucking prison food for a considerably less amount of time than 19 years.  No need to get so defensive and you can fuck off with your smartest kid in class act. 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 05:08:53 PM by ill_Murray »

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2014, 05:35:47 PM »
Red Dragons... Danny Way.... Fuck those guys.  No Keith Ogden.

shark tits

« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2014, 05:54:11 PM »
Another read from a 94 Big Brother

heh, rick kosick aka grimace. guess he didn't get out that summer, i wonder if he's still throwing around dated references like that? i mean, i still say grimace sometimes but when's the last time anyone's seen that purple piece of shit?
they should've asked swindell about his feelings towards 'party boy' today. part 2, mickmouth?

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2014, 05:59:42 PM »
Hey so I just got diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and boy is my asshole tired!

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2014, 08:00:42 PM »
There was also a short Danny Way interview in big brother where they asked him what he would do if his son was gay and he got mad and kept saying something like "That could never happen"

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2014, 04:09:35 PM »
Can't believe people are saying that Swindell didn't deserve his time in prison. Dude kicked a guy in the head until he wasn't moving and just left him there. There's two possible outcomes, either the dude suffers some serious head trauma, or he dies. 19 years isn't too bad for that.

Also if I got into a small bar fight with somebody and then a ''friend'' of mine took that dude somewhere and murdered him, I wouldn't think of it as ''having my back'', and would never contact him in any way.

Danny Way may be a piece of shit, but at most he would have deserved a couple days in jail and that's it

nice_guy_2

« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2014, 04:49:54 PM »
kill slap nuke slap kill everything that isnt dead

Sneak

• Rep: -4
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2014, 07:31:16 AM »
Re-read the article and they totally edited the part about Danny pissing his pants. Guess Swindell is still covering for him

abudabi

« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2014, 09:02:30 AM »
Re-read the article and they totally edited the part about Danny pissing his pants. Guess Swindell is still covering for him
lol holy shit, so they did. never forget!

Kolostrum

• Rep: 21
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2014, 12:20:06 PM »

Damn, those sneaky fuckers. Good thing Tom preserved it for all posterity on page 1 of this thread. Its funny that thats the only part edited, instead of you know, the part where they killed a guy.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2014, 02:05:21 PM »
ayo, cousinharold,
i'm going to need you to at least PM me with the situation that caused you to edit that out of the interview. but seriously. post it here if you can.

K

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2014, 02:23:25 PM »
...the situation that caused you to edit that out of the interview...