Author Topic: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread  (Read 124757 times)

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 776
Re: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread
« Reply #810 on: March 19, 2022, 06:33:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
copped some fake adidas superstars (the “streetchecks”?!) and put my NB insoles in em. skated dc all day on tues and they might be my fav shoes i’ve ever skated.

[close]
have you skated superstars?
[close]

no!!!!! are they 30 bucks?!?!

i skated strictly shell toes for over 2 years, went through like 25 pairs, never paid more than 20 bucks, most were $10-15, i kept buying used pairs online. try looking for some on depop or somewhere. i’m back to halfcabs now though.

i never had the laceless ones which i think might be the best but they’re hard to find and there’s no fucking way i’ll ever pay retail for these shits.

pro models (hightops) are the best from all of the shell toe versions i’ve tried, the 80s are second (better leather and boardfeel but the toe is slightly less durable) and the regular superstars are the worst in the group, but still great nonetheless. every pair lasted me about 4-6 weeks before i blew through the toe. the regular shell toes are made out of shitty leather so ollie holes are guaranteed in 3-4 sessions but i put shoe goo on there and they were good to go.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

cky enthusiast

« Reply #811 on: March 19, 2022, 06:44:08 AM »
why is everyone giving me advice about superstars you dudes are cooked

i just posted my non skate shoes good for skating

Watson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2252
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #812 on: March 19, 2022, 01:14:42 PM »
I'm happy for you that you found your fav shoes you've ever skated but my goodness those are offensive to my eyes.

Those racquetball(?) Adidas posted on the last page look sick. There's a Mike Arnold Adidas one off coming out soon based on some racquetball or handball model that should be pretty sick.

I stumbled upon this random Reebok style, the Court Peak and they look super sick but I did some searching to try and buy some and I think they're Euro only.

I think Reebok is the best for sure out of non skate shoes good to skate in.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #813 on: March 26, 2022, 04:00:24 AM »
Those court peaks are here in Australia so might be international release

I see why club c seem to be a favourite in this thread

First skate in a pair today, the cushioning of those soles is really nice.

I like the black suede mids I've been seeing online look like the go.

Ol Nick

• Rep: 101
« Reply #814 on: March 26, 2022, 11:46:16 AM »

Yeah my 1.5yo leather Club Cs have outlasted every other skate shoe I’ve had in that period. In terms of outer and outsole durability, comfort, and general wearableness over time (no gaping holes, missing laces, or that thing where the insole is packed down and outsole gets too worn just under the ball of your foot and big toe so when you wear them your foot is high-centered on the less-worn parts), it beats them all regardless of price.
Feeling like shifting my shoe urges to the non-skate realm and just getting Reeboks to skate. And they have a mid??
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #815 on: March 26, 2022, 12:41:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Yeah my 1.5yo leather Club Cs have outlasted every other skate shoe I’ve had in that period. In terms of outer and outsole durability, comfort, and general wearableness over time (no gaping holes, missing laces, or that thing where the insole is packed down and outsole gets too worn just under the ball of your foot and big toe so when you wear them your foot is high-centered on the less-worn parts), it beats them all regardless of price.
Feeling like shifting my shoe urges to the non-skate realm and just getting Reeboks to skate. And they have a mid??

Yeah alot of mid club c's popping up here

The actual name of them is Reebok Club C Mid II

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #816 on: April 07, 2022, 03:26:49 AM »
They selling these adidas top ten RB  here (Aus)on a site that sells everything
The RB stands for Rick Barry nba player for u non basketball fans

They were like $80 aussie two weeks ago now $49,  why not try

The white Leather is not the best quality,  sole feels good tho

Been skating Reebok club c's for about two weeks (when its not raining here in Sydney)
I'm sold so I bought another pair cushioning is too good.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #817 on: April 07, 2022, 04:29:10 AM »
They selling these adidas top ten RB  here (Aus)on a site that sells everything
The RB stands for Rick Barry nba player for u non basketball fans

They were like $80 aussie two weeks ago now $49,  why not try

The white Leather is not the best quality,  sole feels good tho

Been skating Reebok club c's for about two weeks (when its not raining here in Sydney)
I'm sold so I bought another pair cushioning is too good.

I'm not a big fan of that version of the top ten with the different toe panelling, wish they kept it like the OG version, but Top Ten's are really good to skate! Comfy upper with a nice shape and the outsole is amazing! Flexible and grippy.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 22
« Reply #818 on: April 07, 2022, 07:27:58 AM »
This is the best version of the top ten for skating imo

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -214
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #819 on: April 07, 2022, 08:01:22 AM »
That Adidas shoe the large guy in the Keenan skit in Mouse wears is a solid candidate.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

YBOS

• Rep: 14
« Reply #820 on: April 07, 2022, 11:57:52 AM »
Just got some pro leathers, I haven't broken them in yet but I'm hyped

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 22
« Reply #821 on: April 07, 2022, 08:02:06 PM »
I’m skating sambas rn, forget how good those are for skating

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #822 on: April 07, 2022, 09:52:02 PM »
I've had my eye on these too but can't find them for a reasonable price even though they're on END and eBay.

I'm happy for you that you found your fav shoes you've ever skated but my goodness those are offensive to my eyes.

Those racquetball(?) Adidas posted on the last page look sick. There's a Mike Arnold Adidas one off coming out soon based on some racquetball or handball model that should be pretty sick.

I stumbled upon this random Reebok style, the Court Peak and they look super sick but I did some searching to try and buy some and I think they're Euro only.

Been skating these Joma indoor shoes and they're great.

wheee!

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #823 on: April 21, 2022, 12:50:57 PM »
I like the look of those Top Tens. Chico was skating Top Ten Highs awhile ago.

These Butter Goods Puma Slipstream Lows look un fucking real.

They did a Puma collab with this shoe before, but this one doesn't have the logo. Looks perfect actually.

If you wanna check out other Puma stuff from them: https://buttergoods.com/blogs/butter-puma-ss22-preview

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #824 on: April 21, 2022, 01:04:14 PM »
I like the look of those Top Tens. Chico was skating Top Ten Highs awhile ago.

These Butter Goods Puma Slipstream Lows look un fucking real.

They did a Puma collab with this shoe before, but this one doesn't have the logo. Looks perfect actually.

If you wanna check out other Puma stuff from them: https://buttergoods.com/blogs/butter-puma-ss22-preview

My good friend works for Puma and been skating the black leather pair from the previous drop back to back… he really likes them!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2215
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #825 on: April 25, 2022, 07:50:09 PM »
While we’re on the subject of Pumas…
Anybody fuxxed around with these Rebound LayUp Lows before?

Puma Dunk clone?
Soft/comfy?
Yay or nay: I’ve got a line on some new ones in my size for under $35 USD, but no point in paying for junk if they suck, so any intel is many appreciate.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 09:25:44 PM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #826 on: April 25, 2022, 09:45:59 PM »

Puma Dunk clone?
Soft/comfy?
Yay or nay: I’ve got a line on some new ones in my size for under $35 USD, but no point in paying for junk if they suck, so any intel is many appreciate.

I have not but chiming into say that since the 1st butter release I have been looking at pumas again too

There's a couple slipstream models released that aren't butter colab that look very skateable

Suedes/clydes/baskets dont have enough meat on the bones for me these days but always was a big fan.   

Summer of 92 i remember calling every sports/department store i could find in Brisbane looking for clydes
I would of been 11 .  I don't think most of em knew what I was talking about

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #827 on: April 25, 2022, 10:46:59 PM »
Expand Quote

Puma Dunk clone?
Soft/comfy?
[close]

I have not but chiming into say that since the 1st butter release I have been looking at pumas again too

There's a couple slipstream models released that aren't butter colab that look very skateable

Suedes/clydes/baskets dont have enough meat on the bones for me these days but always was a big fan.   

Summer of 92 i remember calling every sports/department store i could find in Brisbane looking for clydes
I would of been 11 .  I don't think most of em knew what I was talking about
Follow up: I sniffed around a lickle bit more & discovered the uppers are “synthetic leather,” on these. Gonna pass.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #828 on: April 27, 2022, 12:57:59 PM »

Anyone ever tried these? The mid version also looks interesting:

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #829 on: May 11, 2022, 12:50:40 PM »
Those Diadoras look decent. I almost bought some to skate from a sports store forever ago but the sole didn't feel great. Don't think it was the same sole as this though.

Just finished off these Ralph Sampsons a bit ago from end of the season last year. Honestly one of the best skate shoes I've skated. Perfect thickness cupsole, lasted good after glueing the toe piece, and comes with a good insole. Would love to get some more as chillers but they seem harder to find than a year or so ago.

Just started skating these Airwalk Ones that I ordered one night off Ebay drunk and high after watching old skate videos. Forgot I ordered them until I saw the order confirmation in my email ahaha. They skate pretty good after swapping the insole (actually put in the insole from those Pumas). Not necessarily a "non skate shoe" but might as well be at this point ahaha.

Also had a picture of these that I finished off last year so figured I'd post the pic. They were fun!

Pango

• Rep: -30
« Reply #830 on: May 11, 2022, 07:46:33 PM »
Expand Quote
thank u, but ewww. baskets r best pumas. the toe sole ribs r dope looking down, not too grippy sole can move feet easy, great flick toe, fit is 70% cons 30% nike gato?? sized like cons go down a half or 1 size

forgot how to bbcc code images
[close]

i want to skate new balance kawhi pro models, even though they have the ollie pad on the wrong side. they look kinda dope to me. i'm on this crazy flamboyance tip lately tho, like i started being into loud colors and patterns.

these are the most boring colorway, they remind of aves a bit, too:

EDIT:

i also caved in recently and bought these for the rainy season:

i won't skate these, but i was always curios how mowabbs would skate. got these half a size up so i can wear em with winter socks, but if i got another pair i'd try to skate them. the sole isn't completely flat, but it could still work. they are super comfy.

how are the Mowabbs size and fit?  I'm thinking of getting those for hiking

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #831 on: May 11, 2022, 09:14:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
thank u, but ewww. baskets r best pumas. the toe sole ribs r dope looking down, not too grippy sole can move feet easy, great flick toe, fit is 70% cons 30% nike gato?? sized like cons go down a half or 1 size

forgot how to bbcc code images
[close]

i want to skate new balance kawhi pro models, even though they have the ollie pad on the wrong side. they look kinda dope to me. i'm on this crazy flamboyance tip lately tho, like i started being into loud colors and patterns.

these are the most boring colorway, they remind of aves a bit, too:

EDIT:

i also caved in recently and bought these for the rainy season:

i won't skate these, but i was always curios how mowabbs would skate. got these half a size up so i can wear em with winter socks, but if i got another pair i'd try to skate them. the sole isn't completely flat, but it could still work. they are super comfy.
[close]

how are the Mowabbs size and fit?  I'm thinking of getting those for hiking

edit:
actually didnt go tts but half size up and they are very roomy but still fit good. i actually like that. good to wear with thick socks.

they are not really waterproof tho. as in at a certain wetness level the membrane only helps so much. but ive abused mine a lot throughout last half year and they held up well so far. they are reasonably comfy. i'd guess they do well for hiking.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 09:23:54 PM by Frank »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #832 on: May 15, 2022, 11:59:59 AM »
Reebok x Sneeze mag

Both are so goooood!!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #833 on: May 15, 2022, 12:05:39 PM »
Reebok x Sneeze mag

Both are so goooood!!

Damn hard agree on those reeboks. Very well done.

I would also love to skate those Kawhi’s.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
  • Get bent
« Reply #834 on: May 16, 2022, 10:19:18 AM »
Those Diadoras look decent. I almost bought some to skate from a sports store forever ago but the sole didn't feel great. Don't think it was the same sole as this though.

Just finished off these Ralph Sampsons a bit ago from end of the season last year. Honestly one of the best skate shoes I've skated. Perfect thickness cupsole, lasted good after glueing the toe piece, and comes with a good insole. Would love to get some more as chillers but they seem harder to find than a year or so ago.

Just started skating these Airwalk Ones that I ordered one night off Ebay drunk and high after watching old skate videos. Forgot I ordered them until I saw the order confirmation in my email ahaha. They skate pretty good after swapping the insole (actually put in the insole from those Pumas). Not necessarily a "non skate shoe" but might as well be at this point ahaha.

Also had a picture of these that I finished off last year so figured I'd post the pic. They were fun!

So bummed I missed those reeboks, those things look legit, I’ve been skating non skateboarding forums the past 4 pairs of shoes, really liking them a lot, plus they are like 10 bucks cheaper than the skate model they make
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #835 on: May 16, 2022, 10:47:00 AM »
I liked the Club C more for skating than the Workout Club. The shape was better for me. I just wanted to try these out because the OG sole on the Workouts feel unskateable to me so these were maybe the closest I'll ever get to skating Duffs KCKs.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #836 on: July 21, 2022, 11:12:02 AM »
I liked the Club C more for skating than the Workout Club. The shape was better for me. I just wanted to try these out because the OG sole on the Workouts feel unskateable to me so these were maybe the closest I'll ever get to skating Duffs KCKs.

Speaking of Club Cs…

Fucked around & copped a couple pairs on the cheap.
These jawns are MY jam!

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #837 on: July 21, 2022, 01:46:39 PM »
Ha nice Lou, I took this photo a week back. 

I have skated four pairs of club c's in a row now,  they work well for me

I do intend to skate these regular forums that I removed the straps from soon

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #838 on: July 21, 2022, 08:39:33 PM »
Nice dudes. Reebok Clubs are legit one of the best skate shoes of all time.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #839 on: July 22, 2022, 12:43:48 AM »
maybe im drunk but these look like they would skate good
nb ct302

while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo