Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 362400 times)

radcunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #3090 on: May 01, 2024, 07:54:02 AM »

Hell yeah my dude

Dirty_Dan90

• Rep: -23
« Reply #3091 on: May 01, 2024, 07:56:23 AM »
THE BUNT IS BETTER

carcinisation

• Rep: 8
« Reply #3092 on: May 01, 2024, 08:35:34 AM »
THE BUNT IS BETTER

No. 1 podcast in skateboarding

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #3093 on: May 01, 2024, 09:47:25 AM »
Expand Quote
I don’t watch regularly anymore but I watched Karl’s because I’m a huge fan.

Few things I noticed
• Chris did his research and it helped the episode move more cohesively
• Chris pushed back against Karl’s claims that an ipath employee had something to do with a team decision affecting Karl - while I think the people who lived the experience know best, I thought it was different for Chris to standup for someone he knows personally
• Chris pushed back on some answers / disagreed with some things - although a few times it felt contrived and just doing it to maybe practice doing it, I did appreciate the approach

I can imagine it is hard to get out of a routine and it takes practice and failure.
Will take a lot more refinement before I’m a full fledged listener again, but props for at least trying to change it up.
[close]

Speaking of refinement, he needs to change his "..special... special... SPECIAL..." intro. It's so played out and corny. I have to skip the first 15 seconds of episodes with guests I want to watch, because I can't hear it any more. From the jump, it's cringe central.

For me, the intro is fine. The annoying part is that kelly laughs every single time. Its like a kid who is still surprised theres a jack in the box.

Dad Board

• Rep: 79
« Reply #3094 on: May 01, 2024, 10:24:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Few things I noticed
• Chris pushed back against Karl’s claims that an ipath employee had something to do with a team decision affecting Karl - while I think the people who lived the experience know best, I thought it was different for Chris to standup for someone he knows personally
• Chris pushed back on some answers / disagreed with some things - although a few times it felt contrived and just doing it to maybe practice doing it, I did appreciate the approach

I can imagine it is hard to get out of a routine and it takes practice and failure.
Will take a lot more refinement before I’m a full fledged listener again, but props for at least trying to change it up.
[close]

Speaking of refinement, he needs to change his "..special... special... SPECIAL..." intro. It's so played out and corny. I have to skip the first 15 seconds of episodes with guests I want to watch, because I can't hear it any more. From the jump, it's cringe central.
[close]

For me, the intro is fine. The annoying part is that kelly laughs every single time. Its like a kid who is still surprised theres a jack in the box.

You ever work at a job just a little too long and start to dissociate in order to mentally deal with having to go in everyday, then you’re sitting in the break area and a few coworkers who’re loudly talking about absolutely fuckall while nodding along and laughing about someone’s kid being late to baseball practice and you want to just take a bite out of a lite bulb in front of them? Thats what the nine club has become to me.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1261
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3095 on: May 01, 2024, 10:25:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Few things I noticed

[close]

[close]

[close]

You ever work at a job just a little too long and start to dissociate in order to mentally deal with having to go in everyday, then you’re sitting in the break area and a few coworkers who’re loudly talking about absolutely fuckall while nodding along and laughing about someone’s kid being late to baseball practice and you want to just take a bite out of a lite bulb in front of them? Thats what the nine club has become to me.
might be time to leave that job brotha

work_lurker

• Rep: 92
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #3096 on: May 01, 2024, 01:40:30 PM »

Hell yeah my dude

Dude is looking MOIST!
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #3097 on: May 01, 2024, 01:46:18 PM »
Expand Quote

Few things I noticed

[close]

Chris watched his Bobshirt interview or skimmed through to get the questions, and asked the same questions on the 9 club

I feel like they all know Karl and they were asking good "era" questions.  Never heard that James Kelch story when Karl 1st went to EMB.

When I first met Karl in 2018 and I asked him about Ipath, he genuinely looked bummed talking about the company, said he really liked his 1st shoe tho

Shortys Hardware

• Rep: 113
« Reply #3098 on: May 01, 2024, 02:16:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Few things I noticed

[close]

Chris watched his Bobshirt interview or skimmed through to get the questions, and asked the same questions on the 9 club
[close]

I feel like they all know Karl and they were asking good "era" questions.  Never heard that James Kelch story when Karl 1st went to EMB.

When I first met Karl in 2018 and I asked him about Ipath, he genuinely looked bummed talking about the company, said he really liked his 1st shoe tho

5:22

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #3099 on: May 01, 2024, 03:48:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Few things I noticed

[close]

[close]

[close]

5:22

They sort of were teasing him about how he made fun of Nick lockman and how that got him into skatings, Crob/JW basically were saying how it got him ready for EMB since a lot of EMB skaters did that back then...Karl just went into the kelch story.   Karls story was identical but yea dont think they intentionally hijacked TWS questions for their podcast

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 49
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #3100 on: May 01, 2024, 04:40:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Few things I noticed

[close]

[close]

[close]

They really have not made any improvements to the flavor of light bulbs over the years

Dad Board

• Rep: 79
« Reply #3101 on: May 01, 2024, 05:07:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Few things I noticed

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

They really have not made any improvements to the flavor of light bulbs over the years

Bulbweiser > bulb light

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #3102 on: May 01, 2024, 05:36:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Few things I noticed

[close]

[close]

That's his "thing" though, part of the dance, the ballet of podcasting, the poetry of collaboration between two brothers.  The fans love it.  He feels this every time.  "They would be loving this laugh, it is their food, it's for my fans". 

shredflanders

• Rep: 17
« Reply #3103 on: May 01, 2024, 07:38:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Few things I noticed

[close]

[close]

[close]
That's his "thing" though, part of the dance, the ballet of podcasting, the poetry of collaboration between two brothers.  The fans love it.  He feels this every time.  "They would be loving this laugh, it is their food, it's for my fans".

I can’t quite put my finger on it, but it’s something about the pauses between the “special”s. They just feel too long, almost perfectly highlighting his lack of comedic timing.

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -35
« Reply #3104 on: May 02, 2024, 04:44:58 AM »
I don't mind Kelly's laugh. The special special special intro has been grinding on my nerves almost since it's inception. It has to be one of the poorest podcast intros that exists.

shredflanders

• Rep: 17
« Reply #3105 on: May 02, 2024, 05:11:05 AM »
I don't mind Kelly's laugh. The special special special intro has been grinding on my nerves almost since it's inception. It has to be one of the poorest podcast intros that exists.

Yeah it’s so mediocre but I get this feeling Crob thinks it’s genius. That’s the dude’s general vibe for most things though.

TelethonJohn

• Rep: 60
« Reply #3106 on: May 02, 2024, 02:47:01 PM »
Expand Quote

Few things I noticed

[close]

Crob is a web harvesting, AI interviewer bot confirmed.

status

• Rep: -12
« Reply #3107 on: May 05, 2024, 07:28:25 PM »
i don't mind the crob special intro. it's kinda the signature and i'm cool with it. i prefer kelly's laughs because it lightens the mood and feels more friendly. also despite most comments here, i think crob is a good interviewer. tends to ask good questions aside from pushing on anything controversial. i think he just has to walk a fine line because he's too close to the industry. honestly, i like when he asks questions about money too. it's interesting how different skaters get paid in various eras, etc. it shows how it fluctuates SO much. the bunt is ok. i feel like they're more surface level but can ask the harder hitting questions bc they have no industry ties so they can get away with it. y'all can come for me with this take. i dont care.

Troubadour26

• Rep: 91
« Reply #3108 on: May 05, 2024, 08:22:26 PM »
I don’t really know how Chris could improve, maybe it’s just his personality in general that doesn’t click with viewers. I’m not going to say that he is a great interviewer but he isn’t horrible.

Lamont Holt is someone I’ve avoided watching and his videos are constantly fed into my suggestions for YouTube and while his most recent video was playing as a preview he admitted to his guest Spencer Semien that until they just met, he pronounced his name as “Semen”

That’s an interviewer worth bashing. Or maybe not even worth it because of how fucking stupid that is. The rest of the videos just seem like TMZ level garbage based off of their click bait titles. Who even is this guy?

I’ve realized from complaining so much while making this post I can just ask to not be shown his content from now on.

Anyways, the Nine Club is okay. It’s just okay. Not great and not bad, just another way to pass time for me. Not something I am actively excited for. Skatehoarders & Bobshirt reserve those spots for me at the moment. The Bunt is fun, I really love the Random Skater segment. Skate Nerd rules too.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #3109 on: May 06, 2024, 08:40:37 AM »
I’d rather watch a Jeff Won Song triple flip than the Margie nine club.

ElonMuskaBeats

• Rep: -13
« Reply #3110 on: May 06, 2024, 08:47:09 AM »

That can be arranged

Pine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3111 on: May 06, 2024, 09:12:58 AM »

I got you!

rkulla

« Reply #3112 on: May 06, 2024, 10:42:36 AM »
i don't mind the crob special intro. it's kinda the signature and i'm cool with it. i prefer kelly's laughs because it lightens the mood and feels more friendly. also despite most comments here, i think crob is a good interviewer. tends to ask good questions aside from pushing on anything controversial. i think he just has to walk a fine line because he's too close to the industry. honestly, i like when he asks questions about money too. it's interesting how different skaters get paid in various eras, etc. it shows how it fluctuates SO much. the bunt is ok. i feel like they're more surface level but can ask the harder hitting questions bc they have no industry ties so they can get away with it. y'all can come for me with this take. i dont care.

Of course you don't care, you're anonymous. Opinions take on a different meaning when you back it with your real identity.

Anyway, this thread is about "Voting with your opinion" - be it a thumbs up or a thumbs down. If someone else says you're right or wrong, it doesn't matter, since you've already voted one way. 

Even if this was all like movie review ratings, where "rotten tomatoes" gave TNC a score of 20%, YouTube likes vs dislikes gave it 75%, etc. would any of it matter?  I'm a fan of the thumb up / thumb down button, because that ratio tends to speak for itself without the need to go into why. 

It must be super confusing to be a content creator and reading through the comments "Ah good, this person says I'm good at it", "Ah damn. This person says I'm not.".  Even if there were constructive criticism it probably mostly gets thrown out in favor of "Well, at least my view count is where I want it. If no one watched and it was the best thing ever, would that be the only failure?"

"I like it", "I don't like it", "I kinda like it", it's all the same. Someone told me they hate Chocolate (the food not the brand) and there's nothing they could ever say that would make me not like it.

</rant>

rkulla

« Reply #3113 on: May 06, 2024, 10:59:03 AM »
I went to a funeral over the weekend and maybe this will inspire someone...

The guy's wife gave a speech about all his favorite things and what he had contributed in life.  Some of it were things that people didn't like while he was alive (certain opinions for example). Anyway, the vibe and applause by everyone in the entire place was nothing but one of respect for living his authentic life. Too many people won't put themselves out there for fear of some people not liking it.

The people you'd want at your funeral are all who matter in the end. Think about what you want said about you. I guarantee no one will be like "He should have liked X instead of Y", it's too late at that point for debate and there's a real acceptance of you.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #3114 on: May 06, 2024, 11:49:01 AM »
I went to a funeral over the weekend and maybe this will inspire someone...

The guy's wife gave a speech about all his favorite things and what he had contributed in life.  Some of it were things that people didn't like while he was alive (certain opinions for example). Anyway, the vibe and applause by everyone in the entire place was nothing but one of respect for living his authentic life. Too many people won't put themselves out there for fear of some people not liking it.

The people you'd want at your funeral are all who matter in the end. Think about what you want said about you. I guarantee no one will be like "He should have liked X instead of Y", it's too late at that point for debate and there's a real acceptance of you.

bruh....

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #3115 on: May 06, 2024, 11:49:55 AM »
Rkulla at his friend’s funeral:
Oh man i can’t wait to post about this in my favourite slap thread
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #3116 on: May 06, 2024, 11:51:04 AM »
wtf is up with the rkulla

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #3117 on: May 06, 2024, 11:54:14 AM »
Rkullua sounds like those LinkedIn influencers that use every situation to turn into a marketing lesson.

"My friend died and this is what it taught me about B2B Marketing."

"My wife cheated on me and this is what it taught me about choosing the right marketing partner for your business."

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #3118 on: May 06, 2024, 12:04:15 PM »

rkulla

« Reply #3119 on: May 06, 2024, 12:10:54 PM »
Am I SLAP'ing wrong again? The usual way just looks so boring.