Author Topic: any fans of metal in skate vid parts?  (Read 4640 times)

dyingtoliveRWTF

any fans of metal in skate vid parts?
« on: May 06, 2009, 07:06:42 PM »
like this

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: any fans of metal in skate vid parts?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 07:12:49 PM »
The problem with metal is it's hard to make the skating seem more 'intense' than the song. Unless you are hauling ass and hitting massive stuff, it will probably end up looking like you are an eleven year old kickflipping a three stair. Also your video sucked my dick.

Boston.

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 07:17:33 PM »
you need to be brutal to hang

Doctor Newton

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 08:12:52 PM »
Definitely has to be edited fast and have the right skating to it.

Blackout

Zered/Busenitz in Skate More

Matt Allen in Cataclysmic Abyss

Machnua's two Globe episode parts

I think those all did well with their music.

Gest

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 08:15:18 PM »
rickys part is the defining example

Nihilist

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 08:18:33 PM »
The problem with metal is it's hard to make the skating seem more 'intense' than the song. Unless you are hauling ass and hitting massive stuff, it will probably end up looking like you are an eleven year old kickflipping a three stair.
nailed it.
but these work.

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 08:24:25 PM »

ellington/ slayer..... nuff said

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 08:36:41 PM »
I forgot about that Ellington part...it would be hard to pull off a part with some At The Gates/Death/Carcass type shit and have it be cool, as awesome as those bands are...for some reason, though, 70's/Classic metal works great (i.e. henry in pack o' lies and carroll in FF)

VeganShawn

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 08:40:18 PM »
how the fuck do you skate in those jeans, so fucking lame to go for style points over maneuverability/comfortablity

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 08:45:09 PM »
you guys left out fowler skating to electric wizard

also in the new thrasher video, tony trujillo and fred gall both have full parts to death metal songs

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2275
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 08:47:57 PM »
I think Metal is one of the most untapped music genres for videos. (Along with real early 70s punk.) There's so much good metal out there that has yet to be used. People usually end up using some corny ass metal like Iron Maiden. Also sorry Carbonite, Judas Priest has some great songs, but I think Carroll's song is a perfect example of the type of metal that shouldn't be used.

I was super fucking impressed with Slash using Holocaust for his Black And Blue section. Pretty much made me instantly like him for life.

Diamond Head's Am I Evil always needed to be used, but I don't really think it fit Vincent Alverez's section, or Ty's blockbuster style editing.

But yeah, there's tons of good more obscure metal out there that would be so good for sections.

And then of course there's this. Best music choices ever.

sal23

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 08:52:33 PM »
^^^
I completely forgot how fucking awesome that slash part was..
ender is fucking nuts, along with everything else
Its so gnarly, that the dude put that out, switched to fallen, than put out an even better part!

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 08:53:37 PM »
I think Metal is one of the most untapped music genres for videos. (Along with real early 70s punk.) There's so much good metal out there that has yet to be used. People usually end up using some corny ass metal like Iron Maiden. Also sorry Carbonite, Judas Priest has some great songs, but I think Carroll's song is a perfect example of the type of metal that shouldn't be used.

I was super fucking impressed with Slash using Holocaust for his Black And Blue section. Pretty much made me instantly like him for life.

Diamond Head's Am I Evil always needed to be used, but I don't really think it fit Vincent Alverez's section, or Ty's blockbuster style editing.

But yeah, there's tons of good more obscure metal out there that would be so good for sections.

greco skates to new york dolls in baker has a death wish. greco skates to mc5 in ctaclysmic abyss,
and up untill recently duffel always used mostly obscure 70s punk songs for his parts.

early punk being my favorite thing in the universe, i too feel that it is untapped, but im ok with it.

Gest

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 08:54:44 PM »
barrier kult has a really good soundtrack, i mean that, real confession

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 08:57:53 PM »

shit, i forgot slash rode for vox. and i forgot how fucking rad he is

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 09:04:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
greco skates to new york dolls in baker has a death wish. greco skates to mc5 in ctaclysmic abyss,
and up untill recently duffel always used mostly obscure 70s punk songs for his parts.

early punk being my favorite thing in the universe, i too feel that it is untapped, but im ok with it.

Yeah dude. Duffell always uses good music. Whether people like him or not, fuck it. He uses great music. Greco also skated to Chinese Rocks, and Boulala skated to Pirate Love. Thunders is probably my favourite musician ever, but classic punk is still untapped. First of all, The Buzzcocks and The Stooges have hardly been used, then on top of that you have so many amazing punk singles from like The Lurkers and Swell Maps and all that good shit that haven't even been gone near.

Actually Zero has a pretty great music history when you think about it. Besides the obvious shit they used The Mekons, Only Ones, The Adverts, all kinds of good shit. Someone there definitely knows their 77-79 punk.

FlatSpotLOC

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 09:06:52 PM »

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 09:11:43 PM »
Oh yeah, and of course King Diamond was amazing in Alex Olson's section. Didn't fit the video, but it was good for Olson. Would have been better in like a Spitfire video or something though.

Also fucking AMAZING choice to use Corpse Without A Soul for the intro to Cataclysmic Abyss.

Samhain is another band that's never been used (besides Archangel in a Zero credits section) that has so many amazing songs.

With this as a hammer section:

I could see that going down in a Zero video or something.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2009, 09:13:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah dude. Duffell always uses good music. Whether people like him or not, fuck it. He uses great music. Greco also skated to Chinese Rocks, and Boulala skated to Pirate Love. Thunders is probably my favourite musician ever, but classic punk is still untapped. First of all, The Buzzcocks and The Stooges have hardly been used, then on top of that you have so many amazing punk singles from like The Lurkers and Swell Maps and all that good shit that haven't even been gone near.

Actually Zero has a pretty great music history when you think about it. Besides the obvious shit they used The Mekons, Only Ones, The Adverts, all kinds of good shit. Someone there definitely knows their 77-79 punk.
dude youre like my favorite poster on here, wanna join my gang?

also
theres a testors song in the cataclysmic abyss extras/flow section.
ragdoll has skated to both the saints and the stooges
svitak has used the damned
radio birdman has been used in a mag minute and a vox montage

Bugs

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2009, 09:18:20 PM »

Surprised Dustin Dollin's part is missing...

http://www.Marie-gets-Deflowered.com/?id=597d13c2

^got that from Omegle, seemed worthy

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 09:19:36 PM »
avenger's white nigger in some corey duffel posse video part. oh the ironing.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 09:20:04 PM »
Yeah Ragdoll skated to Search And Destroy after AVE already killed the fuck out of it. I kinda like Ragdoll, but to re-use easily one of the best song choices ever.... I don't give a fuck if you put in a voice over saying "It's already been used but fuck it. It's just skateboarding." You just cannot step to AVE. Ever.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 09:21:08 PM »

Children Of Bodom are fucking bullshit.

Bugs

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2009, 09:22:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Children Of Bodom are fucking bullshit.

Well yeah everyone knows I'm such a fucking metal head anyways.

LOL

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2009, 09:33:09 PM »
Ahah nah, I wasn't trying to diss you there at all. But I just hate that melodic new metal sound. That's not real metal to me. Shit like that and Dragonforce or whatever, I just think that shit is terrible.

I like my shit silly like Venom and Immortal, but at least they sound cool, and not like fuckin faggots.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2009, 09:36:00 PM »

http://www.Marie-gets-Deflowered.com/?id=597d13c2

^got that from Omegle, seemed worthy
that girl is, or was, going out with dave bachinsky

Bugs

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2009, 09:40:06 PM »
haha sick

sal23

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2009, 09:57:06 PM »
I remember when this first came out I was so stoked he used a Sepultura song..

but than again
i love the entire video as well

jub had a sick song too!

Dr. Newton 2.0

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2009, 01:56:17 AM »
Nope

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2009, 01:57:12 AM »
someone should skate to some sleep or bongzilla.  Might be too slow and droney though.
do more yoga!