Author Topic: Tekken 8  (Read 297 times)

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Tekken 8
« on: February 05, 2024, 10:04:58 PM »
Has anyone played this? How is it? I've never played Tekken, but the trailers for this make it look good. I've been playing only SF6 lately, so I'm looking to expand my horizons a bit with fighting games.

djoekr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 313
Re: Tekken 8
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 07:40:53 PM »
Haven't played a Tekken game since Tekken 3 but it's got me completely hooked. Playing ranked matches got my blood pumping like not many games recently have and everything seems well thought out. The practice mode is really in-depth and that's absolutely necessary as every movelist requires almost encyclopaedic knowledge of your character. I've been playing King exclusively since the game launched and I'm still discovering new moves every day.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 08:26:44 PM »
Got my copy for free, but haven’t played it yet. Heard Kuma/Panda is a complete menace in the game and I’m here for it.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2024, 08:35:55 PM »
Has anyone played this? How is it? I've never played Tekken, but the trailers for this make it look good. I've been playing only SF6 lately, so I'm looking to expand my horizons a bit with fighting games.

The learning curve is a bitch, but it’s fun.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2024, 12:41:41 PM »
Learning curve eh? Maybe I'll get it and just be a filthy casual while being more "serious" with SF6, because it sounds fun.

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2024, 01:01:29 AM »
A huge improvement on Tekken 7 imo.
The last fight in the actual story feels like it goes on forever though. I enjoyed it, but every time I thought I was finally done a new phase would begin with Jin seemingly having a new moveset every time.

Yet to try it online, never have been great at fighting games so I keep putting it off.

djoekr

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2024, 01:41:29 AM »
A huge improvement on Tekken 7 imo.
The last fight in the actual story feels like it goes on forever though. I enjoyed it, but every time I thought I was finally done a new phase would begin with Jin seemingly having a new moveset every time.

Yet to try it online, never have been great at fighting games so I keep putting it off.

You can't lose points in the early ranks so it's easier to get into it. I've gone a different route, I completed the Arcade Quest to get a feel for the mechanics and jumped straight into online mode after that. I've yet to complete the storyline after spending about 20 hours on the game.
Skateboarding is a joke

It's not that serious -

type

• Rep: -51
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2024, 05:04:00 AM »
I think im just gonna stick with 7 untill no one plays online anymore, I mean do the tekken 8 matches even feel any different?

I play brian
I’m stuck in Fresno rn. behind that circle k across from Wendy’s

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2024, 04:24:53 PM »
Learning curve eh? Maybe I'll get it and just be a filthy casual while being more "serious" with SF6, because it sounds fun.

With Street Fighter it feels like there’s a rock-paper-scissors aspect to each scenario. For example you knock an opponent down you can either attack them on wake-up or pretend like you’re attacking to bait a reversal dragon punch then damage your opponent even more, or do nothing. With Tekken it’s rock-paper-scissors as well, but sometimes scissors looks exactly like paper just to fuck with you and all you can do it just take it in the ass. Fun stuff though.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2024, 01:46:18 PM »
Finally started playing and I’m either maining Azucena, Victor, or the OG Nina.

I’ll throw some Panda in there for kicks.

Much much better game in Street fighter six. Definitely a way better story and better character design.

djoekr

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2024, 01:54:07 PM »
So yeah, I've sunk about 75 hours in it and am currently at Shinryu with King. Once you hit red ranks, you really enter a phase where you have to actively improve your knowledge about the game. Still absolutely loving it and I'm definitely gonna try to hit purple ranks. Haven't been this invested in a game in a long time.
Skateboarding is a joke

It's not that serious -

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2024, 10:41:36 AM »
I’ve given up on playing online. Too many salty people rage quitting. Saved some money canceling PlayStation Plus.

Plus, if I’m going to spend an hour a day doing something, I’d rather be skating or a practicing an actual martial art.

The storylines in this game are great though.

djoekr

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2024, 06:41:23 AM »
I’ve given up on playing online. Too many salty people rage quitting. Saved some money canceling PlayStation Plus.

Plus, if I’m going to spend an hour a day doing something, I’d rather be skating or a practicing an actual martial art.

The storylines in this game are great though.

The mental victory of making someone plug is worth far more than the points you'd get for winning the match. But yeah, it's kinda bullshit that they haven't done anything to make dc's an automatic loss.
Skateboarding is a joke

It's not that serious -