Author Topic: CARS THREAD  (Read 29251 times)

SupremePizza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 44
Re: CARS THREAD
« Reply #270 on: August 15, 2023, 02:46:24 PM »
So WCI wheels are ‘kinda’ looked down on???? Some of the most amazing builds have had them and looked like the bee’s knee’s.

My friend owns his own car shop (going on 30 years) and told be to stay away from golf GTI’s and the like, calling them tow trucks bread and butter. 😬

I love how in America (pretty much only in America) that there has always been a Honda Vs VW rivalry.
The closest thing here was Holden Vs Ford.
For so long people in the states were using LS1/2/3’s  and the rest but I’m so glad you (well car YouTubers) have discovered how brutal Ford Barra engines are.

Honda and Ford are the best.

Not sure where WCI stands now but around 2016 the owner sent some racist messages to his GFs coworker on the company IG account. Prior to that people were complaining about long build times and poor customer service. I went thru SSeuros and had no issues. Not gonna lie they have some fire designs and that's why so many sick builds rock em. I've also had good experience with Rotiform when I had my ISF. Can't speak for the GTI and the S4 has been the most problematic car I've had but it's definitely my favorite car that I've owned.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #271 on: October 01, 2023, 08:33:46 AM »
I’ve got a ’98 Volvo S70 that I’ve gotten to both love and hate.
Inspection coming next month, we’ll see if she’s a keeper or sold to parts.
Parted ways with the Volvo, got a ’08 A4 instead.
Timing belt needs replacing and most speakers are dead.
Will haggle the timing belt change as part of the deal, but might fiddle with the speakers myself.
Anybody have any experience with b8 Audi sound systems?
It seems it’s a common problem with them.

GS77

• Rep: 94
« Reply #272 on: October 01, 2023, 08:46:22 AM »
I have a VW and it is an electrical nightmare.

I have a front passenger and rear driver side window that can be lowered from the driver seat but not raised.

It doesn’t surprise me that your Audi has electrical issues.

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #273 on: October 01, 2023, 10:06:14 AM »

I have a front passenger and rear driver side window that can be lowered from the driver seat but not raised.

It just seems odd none of the door speakers work, maybe there’s no speakers at all. Have to take the door card out and see.

GS77

• Rep: 94
« Reply #274 on: October 01, 2023, 11:15:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
It just seems odd none of the door speakers work, maybe there’s no speakers at all. Have to take the door card out and see.

Maybe you need a new fuse. That would be good luck. I checked a few forums and there is a mention about having to re-solder the wires. There is a poster who installs car audio. If I remember his user name I will summon him.

@natas_fauxus?

My @ doesn’t work but he’s the audio guy…

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #275 on: October 01, 2023, 11:54:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Maybe you need a new fuse. That would be good luck. I checked a few forums and there is a mention about having to re-solder the wires. There is a poster who installs car audio. If I remember his user name I will summon him.

@natas_fauxus?

My @ doesn’t work but he’s the audio guy…
Thanks man!
Checked the fuses, they’re good. Unplugged/replugged the amplifier, no help.
Will try to check out the wiring tomorrow.

Bill Salt

« Reply #276 on: November 01, 2023, 03:20:17 AM »
I lived in the US in the 90's.I drove a 1972 Roadrunner.This was fantastic.
Now I'm back in France, I drive a Fiat 500 that I love.Fits perfectly to the mood down here.