Author Topic: Mark suciu show middle finger to palace  (Read 88980 times)

Eds_gallerist

Re: Mark suciu show middle finger to palace
« Reply #300 on: December 22, 2019, 01:30:30 PM »

No middle fingers but hell of an obstacle here.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #301 on: December 22, 2019, 01:32:39 PM »
It's like people who don't find Peep Show funny.

There was more feeling in Lucien skating the Victoria benches to Innerspace than anything Habitat has done in the last 15 years.

Habitat don't even have the decency to announce their new ams in a meaningful way. Just put them in a montage with a banjo twang, and hope user CINCINNATI has checked the tagged photos on the Habitat Instagram to find out who they are so they can tell the rest of us.

So true! Ahah

The fact that they got Kaue Cossa killing it now and don’t even make a welcome to the team or some shit shows how clueless they are lately.
Just get your shit together Habitat, it’s damn sad.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Chris

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #302 on: December 22, 2019, 02:31:18 PM »

Hahahah this is bananas.

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #303 on: December 22, 2019, 03:17:43 PM »

Holy shit, this is actually a real thing, books and all
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #304 on: December 22, 2019, 03:37:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Holy shit, this is actually a real thing, books and all

God.damn.it.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #305 on: December 22, 2019, 03:45:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
that was quite a few heated responses. I don’t like palace. that’s all. if I were an old curmudgeon I would be riding anti-hero’s dick but I criticize them and all the old guys like 10/10 who refuse to change. I like polar and northern co. and theories and state and other smaller skate brands so I really don’t think being close minded or old is the issue. btw I wasn’t backing supreme - I was lumping them and palace together. they both have some good riders whose skating is good but so does numbers. I’m not into the brands that are too chummy with nike, addidas, polo, etc. shit’s wack. just my opinion.
[close]

Without Meaning to be a pedant, you say you back Polar but hate brands that are chummy with Nike etc. Nearly their whole team rides Nike and they did a collab shoe with Cons so your argument makes no sense.

As for people hating Palace for getting big, tbh most of it has been an accident that they're just rolling with, it's not some great masterplan. They got good money from doing the Adidas and Umbro collabs and got some fashion attention from and used it to grow the brand. As for the fashion thing being a problem, you have to realise that that's just who Lev and a lot of their mates are, East London is a melting pot where everyone knows each other and stuff like fashion just rubs off, doesn't make them any less of a skater just cos you think they're too trendy, same for the Supreme team.

It's a bunch of mates who started a tiny board company that's gone on to do collabs with Adidas, Reebok, Umbro, Polo etc, got their gear on the women's Wimbledon winner, main billboards in Tokyo all whilst giving loads of coin to Southank, building Mwadlands and sorting all their riders out big time. Also, they still sell product to skate shops rather than being direct to customer which they could easily do. If you can't back that cos it's not "core" then you can keep on waiting for skating to die again so it's like it was back in your days.

As for Palace dying a death in the next coupe of years, I think Supreme has shown that skate/fashion brands can have longevity and that there's not really a limit to how big they'll get. Personally I don't see Palace as anywhere near as hype as Supreme which is probably good for the brand, if they're lucky they can find a space in the market similar to Stussy where they start out super hype but can stay at a level afterwards where they're never the coolest thing on the market but are always seen as decent, Stussy were doing incredible volume of product in Britain a couple of years ago but always managed not to get so blown out that they weren't cool anymore.

Personally they're not my favourite brand but what they do is sick for skating when they could easily just cash in totally and not give a fuck.
[close]

I support Polar, the board company, not the shoe company that sponsors a lot of its riders. That's two different things.

So, let's see, I don't like this overhyped brand that you like so I must be a "core" kook who wants skateboarding to be underground again. Haven't heard that one before. Most of your argument relies on projection and straw manning. So, does that mean you're a conformist normie who only feels secure liking things that have majority approval? If I'm an old crank are you one of the bandwagon jumpers who hopped on once you saw everyone else doing it? Shit, I kinda like this way of thinking. It requires very little thought and reinforces my worldview. Or, maybe Palace is not my cup of tea? Just 'cause it had humble beginnings doesn't mean it's not pumping out crap now.
[close]

You know right that Polar was started with aprox 75k of Nike money?

Where did you hear this?! haha 75K to start a little deck company, I highly doubt Pontus started with that amount of cash on hand.

Chris

« Reply #306 on: December 22, 2019, 03:56:26 PM »

Someone smarter than me please crop and photoshop this with the switch back 50 down the big hubba in MTL.

spliffwisdom.edu

« Reply #307 on: December 22, 2019, 04:06:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Hoooo leeee shit bois, mark suciu x playmobil. The toy of toys for this holiday season. Behold the Habitat polaroid x guitar x stickered suitcase aesthetic in the palm of tour hand. Comes with color coordinated books, leather camera strap and life sized mark suciu™️ doll now with slimfit rvca dress shirt!

Someone should pull Castrucci's lexapro prescription or get him back on red meat because hes going softer by the day and taking the few remaining shrouds of Habitats legacy down with him.
[close]

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103
« Reply #308 on: December 22, 2019, 04:14:11 PM »

Someone smarter than me please crop and photoshop this with the switch back 50 down the big hubba in MTL.

Can someone photoshop an 11 minute Verso remake with this LEGO?

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #309 on: December 22, 2019, 04:15:36 PM »

The Daryl set comes with a mini restraining order.

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #310 on: December 22, 2019, 04:16:04 PM »

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #311 on: December 22, 2019, 04:21:54 PM »

Chris

« Reply #312 on: December 22, 2019, 04:22:25 PM »

Expand Quote

Kk what about cropping play Mobil Suciu and putting him on the hub a back 50-omg.

[close]

Dreams come true.

ColinYourAssOut

• Rep: 13
« Reply #313 on: December 22, 2019, 04:30:00 PM »
Expand Quote
habitat is a sick team these days... suciu,bobby,dela,silas,marius,flo..
new aws is sick too, I really like all of their guys.

only thing I don't back is the habitat collabs that are kinda kooky..
[close]

The Bob's Burgers collab wasn't great but christ, have you seen the Palace/Ralph Lauren blue velvet formal slippers?

What's funny about all of these collabs is that, rather than it elevating my opinion of the skate brands that do it, it just reduces whatever minor opinion I had about the high-fashion shit that's collaborating with them to care even less about them than I already had.
You can't beat cheeks with weak meat.

beefsquirtains

• Rep: 3
« Reply #314 on: December 22, 2019, 04:33:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

hahaha shiiiit, someone needs to edit that Playmobil sucui stalling that spot that started the beef

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #315 on: December 22, 2019, 04:43:48 PM »

There was more feeling in Lucien skating the Victoria benches to Innerspace than anything Habitat has done in the last 15 years.

Habitat don't even have the decency to announce their new ams in a meaningful way. Just put them in a montage with a banjo twang, and hope user CINCINNATI has checked the tagged photos on the Habitat Instagram to find out who they are so they can tell the rest of us.

15 years? You sound fucking delusional.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #316 on: December 22, 2019, 04:48:00 PM »

Sometimes I think “hey this place ain’t so bad”

Fantastic job

spliffwisdom.edu

« Reply #317 on: December 22, 2019, 05:01:10 PM »

This is Marius, De La and.. Daryl? I love how Habitat used a lot of plant and animal imagery 15 years ago and now anyone who rides for them is some sort of inherent naturalist / survivalist fisherman archetype.

spliffwisdom.edu

« Reply #318 on: December 22, 2019, 05:04:19 PM »
check dem lil plastic baby beanies

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #319 on: December 22, 2019, 08:35:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

15 years? You sound fucking delusional.

Well go on then...

Let me guess, you have a tear roll down your cheek anytime the snake slowly turns into the Habitat logo while The Greenhorne's play softly in the distance.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #320 on: December 22, 2019, 09:50:45 PM »
I think it’s probably more the skating

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 703
  • Free Max B
« Reply #321 on: December 22, 2019, 10:32:06 PM »
habitat has been shit since the kicked pluhowski off. not sure how many times this needs to be said.

sucio should skate for revive

free max b
FREE MAX B

Eds_gallerist

Leifkennedy

« Reply #323 on: December 23, 2019, 02:33:22 AM »
Y'all fucked in the head.
Fuck habitat.
I'll skate either of them I don't mind.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #324 on: December 23, 2019, 05:13:08 AM »
At this point, Habitat has been blowing it for longer than they were actually a cool brand. You guys are basically defending Blind in 2005.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
  • Get bent
« Reply #325 on: December 23, 2019, 06:13:51 AM »
Expand Quote

This is Marius, De La and.. Daryl? I love how Habitat used a lot of plant and animal imagery 15 years ago and now anyone who rides for them is some sort of inherent naturalist / survivalist fisherman archetype.
[close]

That’s prolly Silas in the middle there
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #326 on: December 23, 2019, 02:00:14 PM »
Palace would be a lot easier to accept personally if their boards were at least of good quality. I ended up getting one as a gift and compared it to a Real board I had and the difference is surprisingly noticeable imo. Them going all in on an aesthetic that seems to mesh better with luxury brands than other skate brands at the moment doesn't help. Suiciu is also just a weird dude, amazing skater but unfortunately I get the BA grad, pseudointellectual tryhard vibe from him whenever I hear him off the board. I could be totally off base with that though. Both aren't really wrong, Habitat isn't on top anymore and Palace isn't either, but both are off.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 799
« Reply #327 on: December 23, 2019, 03:28:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
that was quite a few heated responses. I don’t like palace. that’s all. if I were an old curmudgeon I would be riding anti-hero’s dick but I criticize them and all the old guys like 10/10 who refuse to change. I like polar and northern co. and theories and state and other smaller skate brands so I really don’t think being close minded or old is the issue. btw I wasn’t backing supreme - I was lumping them and palace together. they both have some good riders whose skating is good but so does numbers. I’m not into the brands that are too chummy with nike, addidas, polo, etc. shit’s wack. just my opinion.
[close]

Without Meaning to be a pedant, you say you back Polar but hate brands that are chummy with Nike etc. Nearly their whole team rides Nike and they did a collab shoe with Cons so your argument makes no sense.

As for people hating Palace for getting big, tbh most of it has been an accident that they're just rolling with, it's not some great masterplan. They got good money from doing the Adidas and Umbro collabs and got some fashion attention from and used it to grow the brand. As for the fashion thing being a problem, you have to realise that that's just who Lev and a lot of their mates are, East London is a melting pot where everyone knows each other and stuff like fashion just rubs off, doesn't make them any less of a skater just cos you think they're too trendy, same for the Supreme team.

It's a bunch of mates who started a tiny board company that's gone on to do collabs with Adidas, Reebok, Umbro, Polo etc, got their gear on the women's Wimbledon winner, main billboards in Tokyo all whilst giving loads of coin to Southank, building Mwadlands and sorting all their riders out big time. Also, they still sell product to skate shops rather than being direct to customer which they could easily do. If you can't back that cos it's not "core" then you can keep on waiting for skating to die again so it's like it was back in your days.

As for Palace dying a death in the next coupe of years, I think Supreme has shown that skate/fashion brands can have longevity and that there's not really a limit to how big they'll get. Personally I don't see Palace as anywhere near as hype as Supreme which is probably good for the brand, if they're lucky they can find a space in the market similar to Stussy where they start out super hype but can stay at a level afterwards where they're never the coolest thing on the market but are always seen as decent, Stussy were doing incredible volume of product in Britain a couple of years ago but always managed not to get so blown out that they weren't cool anymore.

Personally they're not my favourite brand but what they do is sick for skating when they could easily just cash in totally and not give a fuck.
[close]

I support Polar, the board company, not the shoe company that sponsors a lot of its riders. That's two different things.

So, let's see, I don't like this overhyped brand that you like so I must be a "core" kook who wants skateboarding to be underground again. Haven't heard that one before. Most of your argument relies on projection and straw manning. So, does that mean you're a conformist normie who only feels secure liking things that have majority approval? If I'm an old crank are you one of the bandwagon jumpers who hopped on once you saw everyone else doing it? Shit, I kinda like this way of thinking. It requires very little thought and reinforces my worldview. Or, maybe Palace is not my cup of tea? Just 'cause it had humble beginnings doesn't mean it's not pumping out crap now.
[close]

You know right that Polar was started with aprox 75k of Nike money?

pretty sure Pontus was still on Emerica when he started Polar, but ok  ::)
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -89
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #328 on: December 23, 2019, 03:33:13 PM »
3:30

https://youtu.be/oXi0ucVsqFk?t=211

that is all

*grind sounds*

aboogaboogabaga mothafuckin these bitches niggas be boogabooga

yeah sounds like something Palace would put out alright
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 03:35:05 PM by Yonnycage »

fang

• SLAP Pal