Author Topic: Mark suciu show middle finger to palace  (Read 88980 times)

cky enthusiast

Re: Mark suciu show middle finger to palace
« Reply #390 on: February 27, 2021, 05:15:16 AM »
i will never pay money for anything palace related but as long as they keep jamal and jahmir paid i’m widdit

Icandoflamingoes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Re: Mark suciu show middle finger to palac
« Reply #391 on: February 27, 2021, 05:51:42 AM »
Team habitat over here, we will indeed see if palace has a lasting cultural impact like alien and habitat have, is there some backstory to the beef with fos?  I thought he was a super nice guy beloved by all?

In 10 years time are we really gonna say hey remember that straight to YouTube edit with the EDM music the way we remember mosaic or anything alien workshop ever did?

Seems pretty edgelordish, I for one shall be boycotting palace and refusing to buy their 200 dollar shirts,

Can’t everyone just be friends

Someone please think of the children

Icandoflamingoes

• Rep: 1
« Reply #392 on: February 27, 2021, 05:52:24 AM »
Post script: Jamal for president of the world

LLN

• Rep: -2
« Reply #393 on: February 27, 2021, 06:07:13 AM »
Team habitat over here, we will indeed see if palace has a lasting cultural impact like alien and habitat have, is there some backstory to the beef with fos?  I thought he was a super nice guy beloved by all?

In 10 years time are we really gonna say hey remember that straight to YouTube edit with the EDM music the way we remember mosaic or anything alien workshop ever did?

Seems pretty edgelordish, I for one shall be boycotting palace and refusing to buy their 200 dollar shirts,

Palace is the most influential company of the last 10 years whether you like them or not. They’ve already left a massive cultural impact. They’re definitely worthy of criticism about certain things though and the insults towards Fos were pretty sad really

GreggPopovich

• Rep: -44
« Reply #394 on: February 27, 2021, 06:33:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Palace is the most influential company of the last 10 years whether you like them or not. They’ve already left a massive cultural impact. They’re definitely worthy of criticism about certain things though and the insults towards Fos were pretty sad really

Yeah this dudes wild. Palasonic was one of the only memorable videos of the last decade. In the 2010s there has been like at most 3-4 videos a year worth a shit anymore, and Palasonic was a top 5 video of the decade. In terms of originality and high level skating in a full length, Palasonic is one of the best videos of the last decade and it’s no debate. It was such a sharp contrast to everything that’s come out as of late.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #395 on: February 27, 2021, 06:43:12 AM »
if u want to know where the industry craze for euro guys jibbing crusty city spots came from u really needn’t look further

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #396 on: February 27, 2021, 07:12:26 AM »
I think some of the hate brands like Palace, Supreme (yes I'm aware of their corporate overlords) and a lesser extend Dime get is directed towards the non-skaters and hypebeasts that wear them. Which is unfair to the companies themselves in a way. They're not exempt from criticism though. I guess it just depends what they do with the money on the other end. They could go the full Diamond route and just buy a bunch of teal colours sports cars and sell out to Zuimez, or they could be Supreme and put out full lengths every couple of years, or Dime and throw the best "contest series" in skateboarding.

I only really care for Dime out of those three, but I can't really blame any of them for doing what they do. Eventually you get big enough that you have start being smart business wise. You can either ride the wave you've got going and sustain yourself and those who work with you for years to come, or decide you wanna keep it "core" and do whatever that means.

Ultimately I only care about these brands skateboard activities. If Supreme or Palace drops a video, I'll probably give it a watch, and keep ignoring whatever collection they dropped and the hype that surrounds it.

Sicebox

• Rep: -7
« Reply #397 on: February 27, 2021, 08:02:17 AM »
I think some of the hate brands like Palace, Supreme (yes I'm aware of their corporate overlords) and a lesser extend Dime get is directed towards the non-skaters and hypebeasts that wear them. Which is unfair to the companies themselves in a way.

Yea thats a good point. I think at its core Palace is still a great skateboarding company. They put out great videos, put on great skaters, and pretty much singlehandedly grew the UK skate scene to what it is today.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #398 on: February 27, 2021, 08:26:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah this dudes wild. Palasonic was one of the only memorable videos of the last decade. In the 2010s there has been like at most 3-4 videos a year worth a shit anymore, and Palasonic was a top 5 video of the decade. In terms of originality and high level skating in a full length, Palasonic is one of the best videos of the last decade and it’s no debate. It was such a sharp contrast to everything that’s come out as of late.
easy now

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #399 on: February 27, 2021, 09:13:13 AM »
If palace disappeared tomorrow I wouldn't give a shit. Surprised so many people are down with this hypebeast shit that aligns itself with rich kids. Young me never would have guessed this stuff and LV would make its way into the skate world.

AfterBlackEnderEnder

« Reply #400 on: February 27, 2021, 09:22:09 AM »
Also, does anyone else hate mark suciu? He is such a phony with his pretentious quasi-savant bullshit. I've also heard some pretty bad things about him in regards to sexual assault

Oh, is that so? Don’t go on here spewing some vitriolic shit like that based on things you’ve ‘heard’. Suciu comes off as pretentious sometimes, sure, but come on man. 

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #401 on: February 27, 2021, 09:24:45 AM »
Who of what is mad at why?

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #402 on: February 27, 2021, 09:34:58 AM »
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

joaopedro

• Rep: -38
« Reply #403 on: February 27, 2021, 10:49:07 AM »
Expand Quote
palace is fucking wack, fuck all these hipster brands

habitat and alien are sick if you think about all the teams that used to be sick compared to now, if you actually pay attention and watch their team skate, it actually make sense, they have a team that makes sense and can skate for real, no bullshit needed.

they just turned kaue cossa pro, guy is fucking insane, saw him skating in person, very good style.. powerful..

this sucks cuz palace has sick skaters, but fuck all these hipsters trying to act cool and be like "oooh I'm sooo edgy baby look at me, HERE LOOK AT ME, I'M SO DIFFERENT!! U WILL NEVER GET IT BRAH UR NOT ARTSY ENOUGH BRAH"

get da fuck out of here!
no bullshit and skate > hipster shit, anyday.
[close]

you are a clown and mad that a guy in some cute looking clothing skates better than you ever did thats why you have to call out teams from back in the day instead of your self. do you like it when you girl dresses cute? so why wouldnt you try to dress cute too for her. and if the skills are there why would anyone get mad at these folks? dont think old aws or habitat were that better skill wise

nice try, if this is not a bait and u are really mad, I guarantee u use cuff pants and do no comply wallies only, skating a palace 9 inch board AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA get da fuck out of here little kid, learn some skate history and learn respect, u are not "artful" or "different" u just dress like every "follow the trend" kid nowdays.

EvaporatedMilk

• Rep: -15
« Reply #404 on: February 27, 2021, 10:54:20 AM »
old palace would have clowned the current palace

cky enthusiast

« Reply #405 on: February 27, 2021, 11:19:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

habitat and alien are sick if you think about all the teams that used to be sick compared to now, if you actually pay attention and watch their team skate, it actually make sense, they have a team that makes sense and can skate for real, no bullshit needed.

they just turned kaue cossa pro, guy is fucking insane, saw him skating in person, very good style.. powerful..

this sucks cuz palace has sick skaters, but fuck all these hipsters trying to act cool and be like "oooh I'm sooo edgy baby look at me, HERE LOOK AT ME, I'M SO DIFFERENT!! U WILL NEVER GET IT BRAH UR NOT ARTSY ENOUGH BRAH"

get da fuck out of here!
[close]

you are a clown and mad that a guy in some cute looking clothing skates better than you ever did thats why you have to call out teams from back in the day instead of your self. do you like it when you girl dresses cute? so why wouldnt you try to dress cute too for her. and if the skills are there why would anyone get mad at these folks? dont think old aws or habitat were that better skill wise
[close]

nice try, if this is not a bait and u are really mad, I guarantee u use cuff pants and do no comply wallies only, skating a palace 9 inch board AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA get da fuck out of here little kid, learn some skate history and learn respect, u are not "artful" or "different" u just dress like every "follow the trend" kid nowdays.

stop hitting yourself

Scott Chegg

• Rep: -5
« Reply #406 on: February 27, 2021, 11:40:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

get da fuck out of here!
[close]

[close]

I don’t think there has ever been a 9’ palace board, but nice try

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #407 on: February 27, 2021, 03:22:37 PM »
I think some of the hate brands like Palace, Supreme (yes I'm aware of their corporate overlords) and a lesser extend Dime get is directed towards the non-skaters and hypebeasts that wear them. Which is unfair to the companies themselves in a way. They're not exempt from criticism though. I guess it just depends what they do with the money on the other end.
A lot of the hate directed at Palace, at least on here, is in direct response to their adverts that throw slander at other brands unnecessarily. When you're in their position of influence, that's in really poor taste and is bad for the entire scene and industry imo
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #408 on: February 27, 2021, 04:42:22 PM »
if palace disappeared tomorrow i wouldn't give a shit. the fact that all these hypebeast brands making dumb shit for rich kids have taken over skateboarding is pretty embarrassing.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 77
« Reply #409 on: February 27, 2021, 05:50:37 PM »
Expand Quote
is it weird that I feel like I need a new team montage to know if I feel the same way about Palace now as when they dropped that first edit done to the XX? How do you guys say it? the ex ex? The exes?
[close]
i dunno man, imo they pump out footage regularily, but as it's often just single parts of a single rider, it may seem a bit scattered. so maybe yes.

i have no idea how this bands name is pronounced actually.

Just watched deeper understanding, and Louie Jones part. Palace is sick and good for them for capitalizing off of hypebeasts

would be nice if some of it was shit skateboarders would actually buy though

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #410 on: February 27, 2021, 06:17:37 PM »
Expand Quote
is it weird that I feel like I need a new team montage to know if I feel the same way about Palace now as when they dropped that first edit done to the XX? How do you guys say it? the ex ex? The exes?
[close]
i dunno man, imo they pump out footage regularily, but as it's often just single parts of a single rider, it may seem a bit scattered. so maybe yes.

i have no idea how this bands name is pronounced actually.

The Ex ex.

joaopedro

• Rep: -38
« Reply #411 on: February 27, 2021, 06:43:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

get da fuck out of here!
[close]

[close]

[close]

stop hitting yourself

facts... this type of shit come and go, seem before

anon

• Rep: 54
« Reply #412 on: February 27, 2021, 08:52:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
FA is the most influential company of the last decade
that'd be polar, actually

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #413 on: February 27, 2021, 09:11:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
I would agree with Polar.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

michael scarn

« Reply #414 on: February 27, 2021, 09:50:11 PM »
I wonder if liking palace is a cultural thing? I met a dude from London and he said Palace was his favorite brand because it was like the epitome of London or somethingll like that. And I've never been to London and just don't get Palace at all.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #415 on: February 27, 2021, 11:13:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

get da fuck out of here!
[close]

[close]

[close]

I don’t think there has ever been a 9’ palace board, but nice try

I don’t think any companies have made a nine foot board. Unless you count that Weiger ad..

Bigwheelbite

• Rep: -162
« Reply #416 on: February 27, 2021, 11:31:32 PM »
Why would palace be so mean to Mr suciu and two legendary brands? I don't get it:( yaje and Bobbydd need respek on their name. I'd rather skate termite boards than palace price point dwindle.

Amen

I wonder if liking palace is a cultural thing? I met a dude from London and he said Palace was his favorite brand because it was like the epitome of London or somethingll like that. And I've never been to London and just don't get Palace at all. Totally agree than Chewy is the only good thing associated with them!

I know plenty of skaters from London and I can tell you that Palace is definitely not the epitome of London!
They are so far up their own ass its unreal! Never seen such an arrogant bunch of people. Exactly what the skateboard industry doesn't need. Plus its over priced hypebeast garbage made for sheep with more money than sense basically.

How many people do u know that actually skate skate that rock Palace? (Apart from those that get hooked up)
Don't worry I'll wait...

Tabletop

• Rep: -71
« Reply #417 on: February 27, 2021, 11:32:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Let’s be honest here.
There all just copying early World anyway.
That’s whats boring about all these companies, Palace included, they are not really very original at all. The kids are into it because they weren’t around in the 90’s.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #418 on: February 27, 2021, 11:52:32 PM »
I'm convinced everyone on Slap is 35+

LLN

• Rep: -2
« Reply #419 on: February 28, 2021, 05:45:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Yeah I’d agree with Polar too I just say Palace because it came out before them, also Pontus and Jason Dill both (allegedly) tried to get on Palace before starting their own things