Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 787465 times)

DanRar009, flocke, 360halfcab and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #1530 on: January 08, 2020, 11:38:18 AM »
I really like the 212s and 213s when they are broken in. Love that they are mostly canvas with suede in the key areas. Nice to have a vulc that feels a bit more solid than the usual Vans I wear. I do upgrade the insoles with Remind Medics. This takes away some board feel but I'm old and its fine once they are broken in.

Got some 420s for the Holiday... Not sure I will skate in them but they are a very comfy all day work/ chill shoe....

E

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
« Reply #1531 on: January 08, 2020, 11:53:52 AM »
Expand Quote
The Tiago Lemos (NB#1010) pro model comes out in Q3 2020. So, probably around June or July.
[close]

Bingo!

1010? Really?

Lord Quas

• Rep: 18
  • enter the liquid realm
« Reply #1532 on: January 08, 2020, 12:33:15 PM »
unfortunate news about the 288s, finally found a skate shoe with the (personally) perfect combo of comfort, and performance and they go and discontinue them! i'll have to try a pair of these sports, or start stackin up on more 440 pairs before they disappear too lol

Quote from: GAY
I've never broken a board and it's a bigger source of shame for me and my family than my homosexuality.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1533 on: January 08, 2020, 01:13:27 PM »
Can anyone comment on how 913 fit and break in? I have some extra toe space room - not length, but above my foot and toes, forefoot height - and wondering if that's normal or just the way they run/fit. Could be that these are a little too big for me and used to a more snug fit.

rothdigga

• Rep: 576
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1534 on: January 08, 2020, 01:23:35 PM »
unfortunate news about the 288s, finally found a skate shoe with the (personally) perfect combo of comfort, and performance and they go and discontinue them! i'll have to try a pair of these sports, or start stackin up on more 440 pairs before they disappear too lol

440 isn't going anywhere anytime soon...so rest assured you've got years with that one.  The 288s was an update on that shoe as it needed some extra refinement.   But as stated above, hopefully if you try the Sport version, you won't see much of a difference in the fit part that you liked. 

Lord Quas

• Rep: 18
  • enter the liquid realm
« Reply #1535 on: January 08, 2020, 01:51:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

440 isn't going anywhere anytime soon...so rest assured you've got years with that one.  The 288s was an update on that shoe as it needed some extra refinement.   But as stated above, hopefully if you try the Sport version, you won't see much of a difference in the fit part that you liked.

right on man, i really appreciate the input. in rothdigga i trust.

Quote from: GAY
I've never broken a board and it's a bigger source of shame for me and my family than my homosexuality.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1536 on: January 08, 2020, 02:33:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The Tiago Lemos (NB#1010) pro model comes out in Q3 2020. So, probably around June or July.
[close]

Bingo!
[close]

1010? Really?

It is pretty technical looking. I’m sure there’s some new tech in it. Probably the ones used in the Kahwi signature shoe. So the number of the model is high up. #1010 ($110) is probably the retail price too?

I definitely need the white/yellow/blue pair. 
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

CaptainCheeks

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1537 on: January 08, 2020, 06:53:28 PM »
Hey thanks for everyone suggestions between the 440 and 420 but I found the 420 in all black on sale so I went with those and gotta say I'm all in with the numeric line. Probably the most comfortable skate shoe I have worn. Might get 440 after these wear out

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #1538 on: January 09, 2020, 01:43:26 AM »
First skate on the 288s yesterday, coming of the old 288 I could hardly tell the difference.

Which is a good thing...

Had a 3 hour skate in them again today, and the toe  box is a bit roomier. If I had my time again I would’ve gone down half a size.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 02:21:55 PM by Dad you're embarrassing me »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1539 on: January 09, 2020, 03:15:01 AM »
Sucks that in Chile the NB webpage has been empty regarding # for ages  :(
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #1540 on: January 09, 2020, 04:57:45 AM »
Can anyone comment on how 913 fit and break in? I have some extra toe space room - not length, but above my foot and toes, forefoot height - and wondering if that's normal or just the way they run/fit. Could be that these are a little too big for me and used to a more snug fit.

Thank you for inadvertently confirming that I would probably enjoy the 913. I’m always looking for a good forefoot height. So many skate shoes are designed to bear down on the top of the toes which I personally don’t like. Doubt it’s good for anyone’s feet either.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

patob

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1541 on: January 09, 2020, 05:37:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Bingo!
[close]

1010? Really?

I need to see that shoe.  :)
[close]

It is pretty technical looking. I’m sure there’s some new tech in it. Probably the ones used in the Kahwi signature shoe. So the number of the model is high up. #1010 ($110) is probably the retail price too?

I definitely need the white/yellow/blue pair.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1542 on: January 09, 2020, 05:38:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Thank you for inadvertently confirming that I would probably enjoy the 913. I’m always looking for a good forefoot height. So many skate shoes are designed to bear down on the top of the toes which I personally don’t like. Doubt it’s good for anyone’s feet either.
I went up to a 13, got a screaming deal, wanted to give it a shot. This review also said it was narrow and the shape tapers from midfoot to toe, too. I fit in blazer lows in a 12, but team classics in 12 my toes are right at the edge, for reference.
http://www.weartested.com/nb-westagte-913/

But was just wondering the overall fit and experience others had. Didn't know if I have a shallow (?) forefoot or something and never realized.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1543 on: January 09, 2020, 01:39:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I went up to a 13, got a screaming deal, wanted to give it a shot. This review also said it was narrow and the shape tapers from midfoot to toe, too. I fit in blazer lows in a 12, but team classics in 12 my toes are right at the edge, for reference.

But was just wondering the overall fit and experience others had. Didn't know if I have a shallow (?) forefoot or something and never realized.

I hope you don’t wear any shoes where your toe is right at the edge.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1544 on: January 09, 2020, 03:07:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

no! it sucks. But curious why you ask? Bc foot issues? I know people do that for basketball shoes for lockdown but I Nate brushing my toes.
These team classics are actually ok toe/length wise but the top foot stitching on the inner bootie is pretty snug.
It also sucks being a 12.5 TTS and deciding to size up or down on all skate shoes.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1545 on: January 10, 2020, 06:20:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
no! it sucks. But curious why you ask? Bc foot issues? I know people do that for basketball shoes for lockdown but I Nate brushing my toes.
These team classics are actually ok toe/length wise but the top foot stitching on the inner bootie is pretty snug.
It also sucks being a 12.5 TTS and deciding to size up or down on all skate shoes.

I have just seen so many skaters skate shoes that are too small for them. It's bad for ones whole body but especially toes. I myself wore shoes that were too small for a bit and then when I got back to proper fitting shoes they felt a bit big to me at first because I was accustomed to shoes that were too small. My feet got bigger in my 20's which I was not expecting. I hear you on being 12.5, that must be annoying.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1546 on: January 10, 2020, 05:51:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
yo Rothdigga can you confirm those joints are all synth? 😱
[close]

SUPER sorry on the lag on this reply.  Sadly for my vegan homies out there, this 288s model is PU coated suede and not fully synthetic so it won't work for the guys looking for all veg/vegan models. 
just want to give you a shoutout for always being there for the pals. Always appreciate your insights mate 👌

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1325
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1547 on: January 12, 2020, 06:26:57 PM »

Hopefully this guy is flow at least
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1548 on: January 12, 2020, 06:36:37 PM »

To me, they fit TTS. I think that’s my next NB# I’m going to skate after my last pair of 533 as it’s now discontinued.

I haven’t skated in them yet, just wore them around to break them in. I had no problems you mentioned, but they do fill snug compared to the 533. But I’m sure it’ll stretch when I skate in them.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #1549 on: January 14, 2020, 12:41:33 PM »
Thinking about getting the 255’s or the Foys. What do I need to know

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #1550 on: January 14, 2020, 12:50:17 PM »
foys will last you longer but are hearty, 255's are flatter and thinner. depends on what you skate normally.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1551 on: January 14, 2020, 01:06:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
foys will last you longer but are hearty, 255's are flatter and thinner. depends on what you skate normally.
Currently In the ave’s and wanted to maybe just make a change for a shoe or two

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #1552 on: January 14, 2020, 02:13:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I'm an 11.5 but in most shoes I have to go up to 12 as my feet are pretty wide. 212s and 213s, 11.5 is just fine. A little snug when I first wear them but break in great.

rothdigga

• Rep: 576
« Reply #1553 on: January 14, 2020, 04:04:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Ave's would correspond more towards the Foy 306's then I think.  I'm sitting next to Foy at the moment...I could ask him, but I'm pretty sure I know what his answer would be.  The 255 is solid, like Point said a little thinner, but the Foy would match up more with the Ave. 

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1554 on: January 14, 2020, 04:05:29 PM »
I've never skated a NB# that I didn't liked it. Never tried 306, I had 255 and I loved them even though I don't like vulcs.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #1555 on: January 14, 2020, 05:05:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Ave's would correspond more towards the Foy 306's then I think.  I'm sitting next to Foy at the moment...I could ask him, but I'm pretty sure I know what his answer would be.  The 255 is solid, like Point said a little thinner, but the Foy would match up more with the Ave.
ive skated the ave and i agree it would be closer to the foy for just about everything: fit, shape, breath ability, durability. i usually skate the busenitz pro, lucas premiere or dc kalis s if is not a nb#. i would say a thinner cup is what i aim for, so a burly but not bricky vulc like the 306 is great, not too thin and good insoles. or i go with a 440.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1556 on: January 14, 2020, 05:13:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Are both true to size? Sounds like the foy is the way to go for me, I just saw a colorway for the 255 I thought was super sick.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1557 on: January 15, 2020, 11:22:56 PM »

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1325
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1558 on: January 16, 2020, 12:23:12 AM »

Call me a basic bitch but those are sick
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #1559 on: January 16, 2020, 12:55:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I'm an 11.5 but in most shoes I have to go up to 12 as my feet are pretty wide. 212s and 213s, 11.5 is just fine. A little snug when I first wear them but break in great.
I've got hobbit feet. I should wear 11 for most shoes but like snug shoes for skating.
Size 10.5 913's fit me like size 11 jano's, and 913 toe box is roomier. Nike vulc's are really narrow for me, 1/2 size up and they start getting too long.
913 forefoot seems like it has a lil more height than other shoes, just a tiny bit. The textured area is kinda shallow but not as bad as 3st.004.

My 913's broke in pretty quickly, really just walked around for a few hours and they seem flexy enough to skate. The bouncy feel of the insoles also calms down in this time. I'd probably manhandle the shoes to get the forefoot to break in more and shape the walls of the cupsole to my feet. But gonna see how walking works out.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 01:06:55 AM by satan »