Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 787150 times)

dstrytruitt, WideFeet, mini greek and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #1770 on: March 26, 2020, 06:04:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
as a big fan of new balance's 990's, i've always wondered why none of the skate shoes have a grey/castlerock color way.

grey suede, grey mesh, white midsole, black traction

it's a unique color scheme that's very strongly a part of new balance's identity. i would love to see some skate shoes with this color way like the upcoming tiago shoes.
[close]
me too. I’ve been wearing my v4’s a lot lately. Amazing recovery shoe, great support. Classics And I agree would like to see numerical adapt that into at least a colorway or two.

[close]

Noted!!!!!  Maybe I'll have them make the product code NM440SLP or something as an homage...
[close]
dope! Another idea... what about a numeric NB1 (custom) option?!
[close]

It's been discussed actually but it's not that easy.  Given that the cost would be $200 or so for Made In USA, the custom shoes aren't made like skate shoes.  They're fantastic chillers and super well made, but our flat, thin soles don't lend too well as I'm told to that manufacturing process.  But of course I would love to find a silhouette to be able to offer that. 
makes sense considering it’s offered for the MIUSA pairs (992 and 990v5 specifically) which retail for $175 or so anyway.

Omars_Dad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #1771 on: March 27, 2020, 12:20:33 PM »
Hoping Rothdigga can help a brother out! I've always really liked to skate the nike sb gato...i saw NB has an indoor shoe that is pretty similar, you think it'll skate ok, durability wise and such?

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1772 on: March 27, 2020, 02:14:53 PM »
Hoping Rothdigga can help a brother out! I've always really liked to skate the nike sb gato...i saw NB has an indoor shoe that is pretty similar, you think it'll skate ok, durability wise and such?

I've seen Jack Curtin skate it

« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 02:16:30 PM by Second Division »

rothdigga

• Rep: 575
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1773 on: March 27, 2020, 04:18:10 PM »

Which shoe are you talking about from NB?  The 442?  We do have a 288S with a soccer toe style stitch coming for Holiday that might be what you're looking for, but I bet the 442 might hold up ok for skating even though it's not built for it. 

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #1774 on: March 27, 2020, 05:05:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Which shoe are you talking about from NB?  The 442?  We do have a 288S with a soccer toe style stitch coming for Holiday that might be what you're looking for, but I bet the 442 might hold up ok for skating even though it's not built for it.

Thanks man, yeah i meant the 442!

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1775 on: March 27, 2020, 05:57:38 PM »
nb hit the jackpot naming it the 442. obvious choice but genius either way
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Garbagewagon

« Reply #1776 on: March 28, 2020, 11:13:19 AM »
I didn’t feel like reading through 60 pages so... how’s the
NM913 fit width wise? Thanks

troy

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1777 on: March 28, 2020, 11:37:22 AM »
Ive been skating the all court 574 cause I got wide feet. But the insoles are getting rank. Can you buy new ones on the site or anywhere?

rothdigga

« Reply #1778 on: March 29, 2020, 07:17:39 PM »
Ive been skating the all court 574 cause I got wide feet. But the insoles are getting rank. Can you buy new ones on the site or anywhere?

Sadly we haven't made insoles for sale for the shoes out of our office.  I do think that regular NB makes them but I haven't tried to get any.  I'll do some digging for you. 

rothdigga

« Reply #1779 on: March 29, 2020, 07:19:39 PM »

I would consider them "normal" width.  Not wide for sure but not super narrow, mostly an in-between.  I've got a mega flat foot so sometimes my fit is different than others and I don't regularly skate the 913, just worn them to chill in a few times.  Maybe someone who has shredded in them can speak to it. 

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #1780 on: March 29, 2020, 07:34:41 PM »

Thanks NB. (Not sure any of the other big shoe players are doing anything similar but this makes me feel OK about my NB purchases.)

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #1781 on: March 29, 2020, 07:55:32 PM »

Thanks NB. (Not sure any of the other big shoe players are doing anything similar but this makes me feel OK about my NB purchases.)
Saw this the same day I had a new pair of 306’s show up at my door. Felt good about the purchase plus been stoked on the rothdigga curb footage haha

Garbagewagon

« Reply #1782 on: March 30, 2020, 07:55:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I would consider them "normal" width.  Not wide for sure but not super narrow, mostly an in-between.  I've got a mega flat foot so sometimes my fit is different than others and I don't regularly skate the 913, just worn them to chill in a few times.  Maybe someone who has shredded in them can speak to it.

Thank you. I’m going to give them a shot. Glad NB is helping out. ✌️

rothdigga

« Reply #1783 on: March 30, 2020, 10:03:21 AM »

Super stoked that they did this.  I guess we had some engineering guys from MIT come up to our factories and re-purpose some of the machinery that they use for shoes in our Maine and Mass factories to make these things.  They said they can crank out 25K of them a day.  Some seriously good news to see on Friday when I got that email.   

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #1784 on: April 04, 2020, 10:54:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Super stoked that they did this.  I guess we had some engineering guys from MIT come up to our factories and re-purpose some of the machinery that they use for shoes in our Maine and Mass factories to make these things.  They said they can crank out 25K of them a day.  Some seriously good news to see on Friday when I got that email.

10/10 - Will buy more NB# because of this

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #1785 on: April 05, 2020, 07:03:44 AM »

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #1786 on: April 05, 2020, 10:35:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I'll definitely be picking up a second pair of 440's for the rotation.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1787 on: April 05, 2020, 05:15:17 PM »
Agreed. Have to say NB customer service is top of the game. Super impressive. @rothdigga

New 913. Materials and construction are top notch.  Taking a couple days to break them in and really feel the midsole/cushion.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #1788 on: April 05, 2020, 05:23:15 PM »
Agreed. Have to say NB customer service is top of the game. Super impressive. @rothdigga

New 913. Materials and construction are top notch.  Taking a couple days to break them in and really feel the midsole/cushion.
I really want to grab a pair in that color way. Let me know how they are once you get them broken in

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1789 on: April 05, 2020, 07:58:55 PM »
Skated one pair of 913 and they broke in right out of the box. Compared to the like 20 pairs of 533 v1 and v2 pairs I skated in. Which took a while for me to break in.

The 913 felt softer right away, especially in the heel part. Way better cushioning as well. Will try to skate in another 913 soon enough.

Whatever those little abrasion things on the toe and side really helped cutting down on the wear and tear.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1790 on: April 06, 2020, 03:19:39 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #1791 on: April 06, 2020, 07:40:38 AM »

These look sick. Westgate is a fave. I’m kinda waiting on the the 1010s in that Mariano-esque colorway tho.

Forgive me, I keep thinking you have your right foot in your left shoe, in this picture.

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1792 on: April 07, 2020, 04:18:32 AM »

New Balance is gonna make a lot of money from this colorway alone

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #1793 on: April 07, 2020, 06:05:31 AM »
@rothdigga: where can you get these masks?
my GF is pregnant and still working as a pharmacist.
her boss aint looking out for her at all

rothdigga

« Reply #1794 on: April 07, 2020, 09:28:26 AM »
@rothdigga: where can you get these masks?
my GF is pregnant and still working as a pharmacist.
her boss aint looking out for her at all

Right now all of the production seems to be going directly to Boston and NY hospitals and we haven't been given any available access to them as they go directly to the hot spots that need them urgently.  I wish I had some access for you and was able to help.  As soon as they open it up I'll let you and this thread know as I'm sure there's a ton of people still in customer facing jobs.  My wife's mom started sewing them and has made like 30-40 so far already.  I finally was able to use the giant box of Fallen laces that were just sitting in my garage for the last 5 years for her to use. 

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
« Reply #1795 on: April 07, 2020, 10:24:04 AM »
hell yea i knew fallens would eventually be good for something one day

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1796 on: April 07, 2020, 11:14:21 AM »
Hey Roth, any idea if NB# will be available again in Chile?
I miss them so bad in here :(
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rothdigga

« Reply #1797 on: April 08, 2020, 09:23:45 AM »

Wish I had a more concrete answer for you.  We actually had a trip down to South America to work on distribution get cancelled right as the virus was taking hold in late Feb.  We're definitely working on things, but as with most, it will be a bit delayed given the circumstances. 

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #1798 on: April 08, 2020, 09:33:50 AM »

Wilton Souza skating Tiagos shoe I believe.

patob

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1799 on: April 08, 2020, 10:02:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wish I had a more concrete answer for you.  We actually had a trip down to South America to work on distribution get cancelled right as the virus was taking hold in late Feb.  We're definitely working on things, but as with most, it will be a bit delayed given the circumstances.

I hope they came again to Argentina, they release a small team here a few years ago, with the launch of the 533 and the 868.
They release a few more shoes, but nothing in the last year.