Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 787178 times)

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 722
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #3360 on: June 25, 2021, 09:43:34 AM »
Found my old 420's today ... looking forward to more being released soon

I want to try these
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

coneklr

« Reply #3361 on: June 25, 2021, 10:15:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I want to try these

So fwiw, depending on how you like a shoe to fit (and obviously the shape of your foot will play a part too), these hold my heel well but have plenty of room for me in the toe box.  I personally like that, but if you like shoes that are snug everywhere just be aware of that.  @Gay Imp Sausage Metal skates them too I believe so he can weigh in as well.  My pair are also the synthetic kinda plastic/rubber type and not the faux suede, so I'm not sure how that factors in either, but I honestly love them and they are worth a try either way.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #3362 on: June 25, 2021, 12:09:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I want to try these
[close]

So fwiw, depending on how you like a shoe to fit (and obviously the shape of your foot will play a part too), these hold my heel well but have plenty of room for me in the toe box.  I personally like that, but if you like shoes that are snug everywhere just be aware of that.  @Gay Imp Sausage Metal skates them too I believe so he can weigh in as well.  My pair are also the synthetic kinda plastic/rubber type and not the faux suede, so I'm not sure how that factors in either, but I honestly love them and they are worth a try either way.
I've skated a few pairs of these as well.  The heel lock is solid, and oversized toe box as mentioned.   Any colorway with the gum sole and faux suede upper are the real winners for this shoe.

coneklr

« Reply #3363 on: June 25, 2021, 12:13:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I want to try these
[close]

[close]
I've skated a few pairs of these as well.  The heel lock is solid, and oversized toe box as mentioned.   Any colorway with the gum sole and faux suede upper are the real winners for this shoe.

Good looks @kneebone thanks for adding your input

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3364 on: June 25, 2021, 03:47:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I want to try these
[close]

[close]
[close]

yes, the the faux suede ones, not the rubber ones! Break in almost immediately and skate really well; love the heel lock and the room to move my toes around. They are super durable too imho

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3365 on: June 25, 2021, 07:19:18 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #3366 on: June 25, 2021, 08:13:51 PM »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

coneklr

« Reply #3367 on: June 25, 2021, 08:18:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I want to try these
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
yes, the the faux suede ones, not the rubber ones! Break in almost immediately and skate really well; love the heel lock and the room to move my toes around. They are super durable too imho

Regret sleeping on that pair!  Those look great

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3368 on: June 26, 2021, 06:03:14 AM »
Yeah, I should have copped 3 pairs of the same color! They look so good I’d even rock them as regular chill shoes

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #3369 on: June 26, 2021, 06:36:38 AM »
I’ve never cared for NB making skate shoes, and I thought the 1010 looked ridiculously ugly in online photos, but I saw a few pairs in a shop’s display window and almost wanted to cry on account of their beauty.

z_tx

• Rep: 26
« Reply #3370 on: June 26, 2021, 12:21:24 PM »

when do these drop in the US? This is my favorite colorway by far

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #3371 on: June 26, 2021, 01:54:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I want to try these
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

We need 1010s in this colorway

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #3372 on: June 26, 2021, 03:47:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I want to try these
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

We need 1010s in this colorway

Would get a pair instantly if they did that

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
  • old and in the way
« Reply #3373 on: June 26, 2021, 05:16:14 PM »

@rothdigga please buy a delicious milkshake for whoever designed/chose these colors.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 08:19:48 PM by funeral_tuxedo »

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #3374 on: June 27, 2021, 08:01:14 PM »
don’t think i’ve seen these posted, really like these ones

coneklr

« Reply #3375 on: June 27, 2021, 08:03:12 PM »
I'd love that color way on a 420!  Those are sick

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3376 on: June 27, 2021, 08:35:54 PM »
I'd love that color way on a 420!  Those are sick

superleftswipebby

• Rep: 12
« Reply #3377 on: June 28, 2021, 08:32:06 AM »
i’m thinking about getting the 379 mids. i usually use vans because i fuck with the duracap. does new balance have any under layers?

coneklr

« Reply #3378 on: June 28, 2021, 09:06:28 AM »
Just found this pair for $39.  Psyched!

rothdigga

• Rep: 575
« Reply #3379 on: June 28, 2021, 10:45:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

when do these drop in the US? This is my favorite colorway by far

Should be soon actually.  Production runs are arriving sporatically for us but this one got done early so it should be showing up to your local any day now if they ordered it. 

rothdigga

• Rep: 575
« Reply #3380 on: June 28, 2021, 10:46:55 AM »

@rothdigga please buy a delicious milkshake for whoever designed/chose these colors.

Noted...will do!

12ax7

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3381 on: June 28, 2021, 01:22:43 PM »
On my second pair of 508's and the sole keeps sliding at the heel. Literally feel like my heel is going to fall out of the shoe every time i push. Other than that, board feel is on point for the amount of comfort, grip and durability these have. Way better for my feet. Does the 1010 have boardfeel like the 508's once broken in? I'd like to try em out.

Long time lurker, but figured Id create an account as I have some feedback on this.

I get a lot of heal slip in my 508's as well, I also sized .5 down as discussed here.  I also had some issues with the insole shifting, and tried some broken in Foy insoles which just made the heal slip more noticeable due to the thickness increase.  Its a real bummer as I love the look and color ways.

I'm still trying to break in my 1010's but can definitely tell the board feel will not be as good as the 508's although not in a bad way.  Grip is great and the heal lock is amazing.   

coneklr

« Reply #3382 on: June 28, 2021, 02:40:27 PM »
Expand Quote
On my second pair of 508's and the sole keeps sliding at the heel. Literally feel like my heel is going to fall out of the shoe every time i push. Other than that, board feel is on point for the amount of comfort, grip and durability these have. Way better for my feet. Does the 1010 have boardfeel like the 508's once broken in? I'd like to try em out.
[close]

Long time lurker, but figured Id create an account as I have some feedback on this.

I get a lot of heal slip in my 508's as well, I also sized .5 down as discussed here.  I also had some issues with the insole shifting, and tried some broken in Foy insoles which just made the heal slip more noticeable due to the thickness increase.  Its a real bummer as I love the look and color ways.

I'm still trying to break in my 1010's but can definitely tell the board feel will not be as good as the 508's although not in a bad way.  Grip is great and the heal lock is amazing.

@rubbery vagina @12ax7
I haven't tried the 508's but looking at them you could try this and see if it helps.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #3383 on: June 28, 2021, 02:54:11 PM »
Sample 1010's, details on these go crazy. Clear icy outsole!

« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 01:21:40 PM by Urtripping »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Rem377

• Rep: 4
« Reply #3384 on: June 28, 2021, 05:39:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

@rubbery vagina @12ax7
I haven't tried the 508's but looking at them you could try this and see if it helps.

I had the same issue with my 508s after going a half size down. Tried this heel lock lacing technique and it worked wonders. I noticed it was pulling the lace eyelets closer to each other (I. E. making the shoe tighter around the tongue) which stopped virtually all heel slip.
I think the leather upper just takes a while longer to break in, because when I swapped out laces a few weeks later, I laced them normally and had no heel slip at all. If I order them again I'll probably still go a full size down, but I also like my shoes as tight as possible.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3385 on: June 28, 2021, 05:55:41 PM »

Is a shoe boner a thing?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #3386 on: June 28, 2021, 06:48:17 PM »

I just got these, I’ve had 3 pairs of the 440 Hi which all fit great. But I have the Slap E-Bay special 440 lows which are too tight for my foot. So I was worried about these ones.

They ended up fitting fine though! Maybe a hair more snug than the highs, but I’m trying them on after a long day of work (feet swollen). I’m stoked.

Unfortunately my ankle is fucked, probably for the better part of this summer, but I realized my most comfortable pair of walking shoes which have decent ankle/heel support (for me personally) are my 440 highs and Reebok Revenges.
 So despite the overly snug fit on my previous pair of 440 lows, these should do the trick for a good everyday shoe, and hopefully I can skate them eventually  :'(.

coneklr

« Reply #3387 on: June 28, 2021, 08:02:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Is a shoe boner a thing?

I'm intrigued but seeing no images!  womp womp

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1325
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #3388 on: June 28, 2021, 08:38:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Is a shoe boner a thing?
[close]

Is that called shoe balls?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

coneklr

« Reply #3389 on: June 28, 2021, 10:31:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Is a shoe boner a thing?
[close]

[close]
Is that called shoe balls?
Hahaha, have a gnar