Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 787356 times)

Skrotum, Christ Puncher, Mike (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #4950 on: December 15, 2022, 09:12:40 PM »
Hmm I’m thinking I may have to sell mine, which has me feeling a tad gutted. My left foot really needs an 11 while my right foot is perfectly fine with 10.5.

Overall they feel more comfortable, but my big toe is hitting the inside of the toe box.

Stuff the shoe that's too small with some bundles of socks over night or even a day if that's not your only pair of shoes. Helps stretch out the toe box just a bit. And has worked for me personally on past shoes.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

RossDailey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #4951 on: December 15, 2022, 09:42:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Hmm I’m thinking I may have to sell mine, which has me feeling a tad gutted. My left foot really needs an 11 while my right foot is perfectly fine with 10.5.

Overall they feel more comfortable, but my big toe is hitting the inside of the toe box.
[close]

Stuff the shoe that's too small with some bundles of socks over night or even a day if that's not your only pair of shoes. Helps stretch out the toe box just a bit. And has worked for me personally on past shoes.

to add to this, take out the insole when stuffing in the bundles of socks

prevents the insole from packing out + better shoe stretch

may require additional sock(s) to compensate

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #4952 on: December 16, 2022, 02:38:31 AM »
I want to chime in with the 808 size talk. Probably not adding much than what's already been said, but fugg it mayn.

I had a pair sent to me and I was going to sell them on, as they were so tight in the toe box and felt like I might bust my feet up wearing them. However a mate mentioned to just try and wear them in a good bit, since his pair were the exactly the same and he was keen as mustard to skate them. Now they are perfect once he had a few skates in them.

I think it's best to either wear them in a good chunk of time as chillers and see if you can stuff anything that can puff them out a tiny bit, hell if you have packing paper from any other old boxes use that. Mine seem to be ok to wear albeit a tiny bit tight, but not enough to hurt my feet.

If I were to buy a pair I'd deffo try a half size up. Ironically never had size problems on NBs like most do, up until these.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Puddy Smally

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #4953 on: December 16, 2022, 05:26:41 AM »
Thanks for the tips guys. I’m gonna try stretching them out when I get home from this work trip.

It’s weird, today I’m getting totally different pressure points/pain points today. Mostly in the arch of my left foot, and the outer edge of my foot. Right foot fits like a glove, but my left is just oddly shaped.

I may pull the insole out see if there’s anything further I can do with that as well.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #4954 on: December 16, 2022, 10:26:32 AM »
I'm a size 11 and tried on the 808's in my size, and they were definitely too small. My toes were really crowded together and resting against the end of the toe box. Didn't feel like they really resolved the heel lock problem that I and others had with the 1010's either. The shop didn't have an 11.5 to try on, so hard to say if going up would have helped, and I've learned my lesson about buying shoes online and rolling the dice that they'll fit. Too bad because I like the look of them, and it's so rare to find a full length midsole in skate shoes now.

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 109
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4955 on: December 16, 2022, 12:53:19 PM »
Went all-in and ordered some 1010s (on sale, of course). I'm 11 in Nike and NB 990 v5 so ordered 11 in the 1010. Fingers crossed.
Damn Reynolds...

Puddy Smally

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4956 on: December 16, 2022, 03:43:36 PM »
Sorry to keep giving personal updates on my 808 experience.

Frustrated, I said fuck it and pulled out the heat gun, and heated the areas that cause me the most grief…. Being careful not to heat anything but the suede side patches and rubber sole. Then when thoroughly heated, pressed down as hard as I could with my foot in those areas.

I’m pretty sure the shoe is now going to be fine. I’ll find out next time I wear them to work.

I have 2 pairs of 1010’s that seem fine in 10.5. It’s just the 808 with those stiff suede side panels, and shallow toe box.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 05:35:48 PM by Puddy Smally »
Do you get deja vu, huh?

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #4957 on: December 16, 2022, 05:31:45 PM »
Sorry to hear about the 808 troubles, mine are fitting like a glove now. I have the tan timberland looking colorway. This is the first shoe that I can say I can just put on and go, no aches, pains or pinching to speak of, which is super rare for me at least.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #4958 on: December 16, 2022, 06:40:39 PM »
Went all-in and ordered some 1010s (on sale, of course). I'm 11 in Nike and NB 990 v5 so ordered 11 in the 1010. Fingers crossed.
Damn Reynolds...

You should be good. I’ve owned multiple pairs of 1010s and they’ve all run tts. Enjoy them. They’re super comfy.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #4959 on: December 17, 2022, 05:01:03 AM »
Is that an all black 808 with a rubber toe that Tiago is skating in the Primitive X Tupac clip? I thought it was at first and tried to pause but it couldn't see clearly. Kind of looks like an old Emerica, especially with white laces. Reynolds samples?
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #4960 on: December 17, 2022, 10:15:25 AM »
Is that an all black 808 with a rubber toe that Tiago is skating in the Primitive X Tupac clip? I thought it was at first and tried to pause but it couldn't see clearly. Kind of looks like an old Emerica, especially with white laces. Reynolds samples?

Looks exactly like that

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 109
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4961 on: December 17, 2022, 06:14:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Damn Reynolds...
[close]

You should be good. I’ve owned multiple pairs of 1010s and they’ve all run tts. Enjoy them. They’re super comfy.

Right on! I so hate ordering stuff online that doesn’t fit.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #4962 on: December 18, 2022, 03:24:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Looks exactly like that

fuck theeeese are lokking gooody!!!

and i am usually not into all plack shoes with gum sole but i really feel it on these.....

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4963 on: December 18, 2022, 04:49:50 AM »
Need those
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #4964 on: December 19, 2022, 12:53:51 AM »
^ Those are the 808 black/gum that someone previously posted a photo of i think. Except, these have a screened on toe cap like the Marana, from what I can tell.

Definitely the 808 sole and what looks like the 808 upper. Damn, they're looking amazing with the white laces though!!
Super Champion Fun Zone

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #4965 on: December 19, 2022, 03:45:00 AM »
^ Those are the 808 black/gum that someone previously posted a photo of i think. Except, these have a screened on toe cap like the Marana, from what I can tell.

Definitely the 808 sole and what looks like the 808 upper. Damn, they're looking amazing with the white laces though!!

those white laces (for some reason) really pinged in my head classic emerica era

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #4966 on: December 19, 2022, 03:56:12 AM »

Nailed it Atiba

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #4967 on: December 19, 2022, 07:52:58 AM »
Which one feels better?

The 808 or 1010?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #4968 on: December 19, 2022, 08:06:52 AM »

Nailed it Atiba

Puddy Smally

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4969 on: December 19, 2022, 09:42:24 AM »
Which one feels better?

The 808 or 1010?

1010 is more tts, and won’t squeeze your feet to death.

Neither will lock your heel in.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #4970 on: December 19, 2022, 09:51:35 AM »
Expand Quote

Nailed it Atiba
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Hah I guess that’s why I was thinking of it.

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #4971 on: December 19, 2022, 10:11:41 AM »
https://www.titus-shop.com/en/new-balance-numeric-mens-shoes-1010-v1-white-blue-yellow-0605183/

Titus has a restock of the OG 1st color way of the 1010, maybe this is indication US will be getting a restock as well?

Also with The Boss rocking 1010/808 I would imagine sales would go up in those models and hopefully we can get more color ways, it seems like the 306 has a new color way come out every 2 weeks lol would love to see the 1010's on that same program.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #4972 on: December 19, 2022, 11:50:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Which one feels better?

The 808 or 1010?
[close]

Cheers
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #4973 on: December 19, 2022, 12:26:47 PM »
https://www.titus-shop.com/en/new-balance-numeric-mens-shoes-1010-v1-white-blue-yellow-0605183/

Titus has a restock of the OG 1st color way of the 1010, maybe this is indication US will be getting a restock as well?

Also with The Boss rocking 1010/808 I would imagine sales would go up in those models and hopefully we can get more color ways, it seems like the 306 has a new color way come out every 2 weeks lol would love to see the 1010's on that same program.

Shit hope this means that the first all black colourway will drop in the US too that one is easily one of the best tiago colorways to date

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #4974 on: December 19, 2022, 07:14:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Looks exactly like that

Stoked this will be the next shoe I buy, may take a year or so for sales to come around, but it’s firmly on my wishlist.  Couldnt find the Tiago 1010 deal of my dreams yet but actually am glad I waited now

It looks just how I’d picture the perfect skate shoe, and the N pattern is pretty subtle here, Emerica-esque for sure.  I really like it.

lildonut92

• Rep: 10
« Reply #4975 on: December 19, 2022, 08:22:21 PM »
I’m 30 and starting to feel the pain a lot easier in my feet and knees. I also have wide feet. What’s the consensus on best nb cupsoles for the wide footed? I tried on 440’s and they were alright. But I like shoes with just a little bit more bulk.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #4976 on: December 20, 2022, 01:29:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Which one feels better?

The 808 or 1010?
[close]

[close]

Cheers

I tried on the 808 and I'll disagree that that it won't lock your heel in. The 1010 can be less secure in the heel, but the 808 is better in that area. Plus, you sit in the entire shoe a bit more than the 1010. I feel like thst makes them less "tippy" or "slippery" in the heel than the 1010.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #4977 on: December 20, 2022, 03:18:53 AM »
I’m 30 and starting to feel the pain a lot easier in my feet and knees. I also have wide feet. What’s the consensus on best nb cupsoles for the wide footed? I tried on 440’s and they were alright. But I like shoes with just a little bit more bulk.

If you still want a thinner shoe with a better sole. I suggest 508s. But try them on if possible. I went TTS and they are on the verge of slightly too big.

Puddy Smally

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4978 on: December 20, 2022, 04:50:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Which one feels better?

The 808 or 1010?
[close]

[close]

Cheers
[close]

I tried on the 808 and I'll disagree that that it won't lock your heel in. The 1010 can be less secure in the heel, but the 808 is better in that area. Plus, you sit in the entire shoe a bit more than the 1010. I feel like thst makes them less "tippy" or "slippery" in the heel than the 1010.

Neither lock my heel in (especially when bending at the toe in any form) 808 being much worse.

But I will say I have weird feet, so maybe they work fine for normal footed people?

I also wanna give an update on my 808 struggle. Since taking the heatgun to the shoe they’re now super snug and comfortable. It took a lot of modifying and stretching to make this shoe work for me, but now that it’s there it’s pretty damn cozy (toe box height aside).
Do you get deja vu, huh?

nitro89

• Rep: 88
« Reply #4979 on: December 20, 2022, 05:17:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Which one feels better?

The 808 or 1010?
[close]

[close]

Cheers
[close]

[close]

Neither lock my heel in (especially when bending at the toe in any form) 808 being much worse.

But I will say I have weird feet, so maybe they work fine for normal footed people?

I also wanna give an update on my 808 struggle. Since taking the heatgun to the shoe they’re now super snug and comfortable. It took a lot of modifying and stretching to make this shoe work for me, but now that it’s there it’s pretty damn cozy (toe box height aside).

i had the old heel slip when i first got my 1010's.
Since then ive been lacing like this and it works for me so it may work for you too.

"Skateboarding doesn't owe you shit. It owes you wheelbite in the rain" - Jake Phelps"