Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 787495 times)

Daydream (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #5010 on: December 23, 2022, 07:20:59 AM »
Does anyone like the 808s? My girlfriend got me a pair for Xmas lol

I love my 808s. I just bought another pair, the black and red ones. When first putting them on I wouldn't say they're tight, they more hug and form to your feet.  But once you just start going, for me anyway, that feeling disappears and I don't even think about it the rest of the day
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Puddy Smally

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #5011 on: December 23, 2022, 07:27:30 AM »
Expand Quote
It feels like the 808 is good for someone with big heels and a narrow toebox. I’m probably gonna try the 1010.

The footwear world in skateboarding is wild right now. I’ve never had this much trouble finding shoes that are comfortable and skate well.

I’m trying to avoid going the dc or es route because I’m not on that 90’s revival tip. But at least some of their options look good for wide feet.
[close]

thank you for saving me 100€ and a headache!

Will try some 1010s half size down i guess

1010 is TTS with a very shallow toe box. I wouldn’t recommend sizing down.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

MetalAnkleMan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #5012 on: December 23, 2022, 10:03:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It feels like the 808 is good for someone with big heels and a narrow toebox. I’m probably gonna try the 1010.

The footwear world in skateboarding is wild right now. I’ve never had this much trouble finding shoes that are comfortable and skate well.

I’m trying to avoid going the dc or es route because I’m not on that 90’s revival tip. But at least some of their options look good for wide feet.
[close]

thank you for saving me 100€ and a headache!

Will try some 1010s half size down i guess
[close]

1010 is TTS with a very shallow toe box. I wouldn’t recommend sizing down.

I second this, go TTS, mesh toe colorways fit more comfortable but I still wouldnt go half size down on those colorways. I have 4 pairs of 1010's and TTS is the way to go, this is a combination of suede/leather/mesh and no mesh colorways

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 987
  • the moon rules
« Reply #5013 on: December 23, 2022, 01:54:27 PM »

I’m a 10.5. To me the 1010 runs very tts. I’ve skated mesh toes, all suede, and all leather pairs. The all suede ones initially feel the snuggest, but they break in to feel normal relatively quick. Pic is for reference
fuck you bama

Puddy Smally

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5014 on: December 23, 2022, 02:20:06 PM »

I’m a 10.5. To me the 1010 runs very tts. I’ve skated mesh toes, all suede, and all leather pairs. The all suede ones initially feel the snuggest, but they break in to feel normal relatively quick. Pic is for reference

You’re missing one of the best colorways!  ;)
Do you get deja vu, huh?

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 987
  • the moon rules
« Reply #5015 on: December 23, 2022, 02:25:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

These are most of the pairs I currently have. Some I’ve started to skate, some worn to work waiting to be skated, and a couple pairs unworn. There are some that I’ve already retired. My favorite were these grey ones with baby blue accents that came out about a year and a half ago. If anyones holding a new pair in 10.5 hit my line and we can talk trades or sales
fuck you bama

Puddy Smally

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5016 on: December 23, 2022, 02:27:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
These are most of the pairs I currently have. Some I’ve started to skate, some worn to work waiting to be skated, and a couple pairs unworn. There are some that I’ve already retired. My favorite were these grey ones with baby blue accents that came out about a year and a half ago. If anyones holding a new pair in 10.5 hit my line and we can talk trades or sales

It’s an awesome collection! My favorite is the white/green colorway.. hence my pulling your leg. I may pickup a second pair while they’re still available.

I wish you luck in your search!
Do you get deja vu, huh?

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5017 on: December 24, 2022, 06:11:33 AM »
I think I like the 808 more than the 1010, but maybe it's the colorway (wheat) that has hold of me.

But they feel great. I had a moment where the 1010 was bugging me but I just wasn't used to having my heel sit up that high. It's cool now. I look forward to getting some more.

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #5018 on: December 24, 2022, 10:31:27 AM »

those green looking ones are so tempting

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5019 on: December 24, 2022, 11:36:27 AM »
ATTN: NB# Employees lurking the thread:

Please make 440 highs for Gray Day this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #5020 on: December 24, 2022, 02:57:19 PM »

Have these new 440 highs been posted yet? The attention to detail in these make them so nice. They’re similar to the white and blue ones that came out a few months ago but these are way nicer with the suede and leather combo, gum soles, and slightly yellow soles. Whoever designed this colorway killed it.

freidnly guy

• Rep: 18
« Reply #5021 on: December 24, 2022, 03:59:38 PM »
same deal with 1010s. They are quality but the heel isn't even close (wheat). You want to tap your heel back and tie them tight but then the arch support and forefoot is in the wrong place then. I didn't skate them for that reason, I wore them for work, the support is great and the width is tolerable.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #5022 on: December 25, 2022, 02:57:00 AM »
Just put on my wheat 808s and they feel great. So snug.

No heel slip. I did have to go up .5

I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
« Reply #5023 on: December 25, 2022, 07:27:59 AM »
came up on the 440's for $29.
Will report back
Feel good so far

slimvanilla

« Reply #5024 on: December 25, 2022, 12:00:40 PM »
just copped some tiago 1010s. got em 15% from tactics cuz first time buyer. pretty hype

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #5025 on: December 29, 2022, 10:25:14 PM »
came up on the 440's for $29.
Will report back
Feel good so far

Where did you get 440's for $29

That's what needs to be reported on.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #5026 on: December 30, 2022, 06:56:37 AM »
Might be a stupid question, so feel free to kook me.

First time NB# 440 owner here. I was all of my life on Vulc shoes with ankle braces and this is my first cupsole shoe ever.

How long does it take to break the 440 (low) in? Any recommendations? Only wearing them inside my apartment for a few weeks now.
IG: @flowterspace

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5027 on: December 30, 2022, 07:10:12 AM »

First time NB# 440 owner here. I was all of my life on Vulc shoes with ankle braces and this is my first cupsole shoe ever.

How long does it take to break the 440 (low) in? Any recommendations? Only wearing them inside my apartment for a few weeks now.

i skate em out the box
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

streetmeat

• Rep: 170
« Reply #5028 on: December 30, 2022, 07:11:13 AM »

was a 20+ year volc guy until early this year when i tried 440 lows and will never look back. been through multiple pairs now and I find the break in period is non existent, they feel perfect right out the box for me.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5029 on: December 30, 2022, 10:12:07 AM »
Same here, 440 are ready to go straight from the box imo.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1297
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5030 on: December 30, 2022, 11:03:19 AM »
I don't know why people want shoes that are ready to go straight out the box. I get not wanting to take forever to break in but shoes that are good straight out the box is a red flag that it'll also go out prematurely too.

Puddy Smally

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5031 on: December 30, 2022, 11:34:47 AM »
I don't know why people want shoes that are ready to go straight out the box. I get not wanting to take forever to break in but shoes that are good straight out the box is a red flag that it'll also go out prematurely too.

I get what you’re saying, and most shoes dont take particularly long to get to the point of comfortable skateability, but slippery soles on new shoes is yuck.

That said, I popped on my ill fitting 808’s (the ones I modified) and the sole’s were exceptionally grippy out of the box. It has to be said, New Balance makes the most well crafted shoe I’ve ever put on my feet. Everything from the stitching to the materials is top quality.

I say this as a huge DC fanboy at this current time.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5032 on: December 31, 2022, 05:35:42 AM »

Anybody had this issue?
It doesn't affect functionally but still kinda sucks
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #5033 on: December 31, 2022, 06:40:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i skate em out the box

same here

but for me best way to break in shoes is to push around both stances for a few hours

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #5034 on: December 31, 2022, 07:49:06 AM »

Anybody had this issue?

the rocks or your new cool B flipping the finger? i only see the rocks as a downside

DanRar009

• Rep: 53
« Reply #5035 on: January 02, 2023, 10:00:14 AM »
Just out of curiosity, besides Reynolds’s, who will be the next team rider to get a pro model?

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #5036 on: January 03, 2023, 02:38:30 AM »
Expand Quote

Anybody had this issue?
[close]

the rocks or your new cool B flipping the finger? i only see the rocks as a downside

This just looks like standard wear to ne. Is there something odd you're pointing out here, I don't think I see it, if so
Super Champion Fun Zone

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5037 on: January 03, 2023, 03:30:24 AM »

Again, I don't think it affects performance. Just curious if this happened to anybody else.  Haven't skated for that long and on weartested is doesn't look it happened
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #5038 on: January 03, 2023, 04:08:44 AM »

Again, I don't think it affects performance. Just curious if this happened to anybody else.  Haven't skated for that long and on weartested is doesn't look it happened

That looks like a manufacturing defect unless you stepped on something sharp. You might be able to get some sort of help from New Balance if you write them?
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5039 on: January 03, 2023, 06:51:51 AM »
i had that happen to me as well. never really bothered me. it didnt seem to get any worse i have been skating the shoe for a whole year