Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 787563 times)

In A Jar, Gray Imp Sausage Metal and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

biggietoms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
  • take acid
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #5880 on: June 16, 2023, 04:27:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Was this Reynolds UFO (unidentified footwear offering) ever properly ID’ed? 

New 440? 

Or just a sample?

[close]

what is wrong with some of ya'll's eyeballs???
[close]

Seriously. It’s clearly an  808 , I don’t even know how you get a 440 from this in the least.

I have been wondering what a Reynolds colorway would look like for be NB and damn this is pretty good . Blacked out with a rubber toe cap giving me this is skateboarding vibes
[close]

Nota Reynolds colorway, just an inline color I did that he’s wearing.

Adio Kenny Anderson V.1 type beat

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #5881 on: June 16, 2023, 04:38:22 PM »

Don't know if this is a numeric version, but this 480 on Jack Curtin's story today looks nicer than the normal ones.

There’s that cleaner toe 1010 critics were calling for

BigMurf

• Rep: -3
« Reply #5882 on: June 16, 2023, 05:50:10 PM »
Is it bad that I want some white nb shoes I can stain up green while mowing the lawn then skate in them? Is that allowed?
Peak dad aesthetic, I back it

Puddy Smally

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #5883 on: June 16, 2023, 06:15:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Is it bad that I want some white nb shoes I can stain up green while mowing the lawn then skate in them? Is that allowed?
[close]
Dude white shoes look best when they're all stained and grimy, I'll stand by that.

This!
Do you get deja vu, huh?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5884 on: June 18, 2023, 05:41:15 AM »
Can't understand how people can skate 440, tried them for one hour and my feet got sore straight away.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
  • Get bent
« Reply #5885 on: June 18, 2023, 05:45:00 AM »
Expand Quote

Don't know if this is a numeric version, but this 480 on Jack Curtin's story today looks nicer than the normal ones.
[close]

tongue label has the numeric # logo, so fingers crossed?

Just posted about the non skate ones in the non skate shoes good for skating thread, wonder what changes they gonna make for the skate ones
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

pops

• Rep: 242
« Reply #5886 on: June 18, 2023, 07:14:21 AM »
Can't understand how people can skate 440, tried them for one hour and my feet got sore straight away.

You mean they're too thin or what? I've been skating them exclusively lately without any problems. What foot type are you, flat or more arch?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5887 on: June 18, 2023, 08:36:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You mean they're too thin or what? I've been skating them exclusively lately without any problems. What foot type are you, flat or more arch?
Probably the answer to that question is bitch foot.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

slapattack

• Rep: 14
« Reply #5888 on: June 18, 2023, 08:44:24 AM »
Did anyone else see those 574 numeric vulcs on civils site?'

https://wearecivil.com/shop/footwear/new-balance-574-vulc-black-grey/

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #5889 on: June 18, 2023, 08:55:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is there a 440 collab with a UK shop coming out soon?   I thought I saw a premiere announcement on IG but I forgot the name of the shop so I can’t really track it back down
[close]
Yeah, there's a shop called Welcome in Leeds (not to be confused with Welcome the company) out there we're doing a 440 with that a few people have teased on social.  I only brought in a tiny amount for the US so it's mostly a UK launch.
[close]

Ah bummer.  I like some of the customizations they added like the stars, tongue tag and the stripes hah.   Can’t quite tell what exact color the shoe is (off white or light tan?) but either way looks reaaal nice

looks like like they're going up for sale on the 20th on the nb site if you haven't tracked any down
https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nb-numeric-440/NM440V1-43773.html?dwvar_NM440V1-43773_style=NM440WSL

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #5890 on: June 18, 2023, 09:11:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is there a 440 collab with a UK shop coming out soon?   I thought I saw a premiere announcement on IG but I forgot the name of the shop so I can’t really track it back down
[close]
Yeah, there's a shop called Welcome in Leeds (not to be confused with Welcome the company) out there we're doing a 440 with that a few people have teased on social.  I only brought in a tiny amount for the US so it's mostly a UK launch.
[close]

Ah bummer.  I like some of the customizations they added like the stars, tongue tag and the stripes hah.   Can’t quite tell what exact color the shoe is (off white or light tan?) but either way looks reaaal nice
[close]

looks like like they're going up for sale on the 20th on the nb site if you haven't tracked any down
https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nb-numeric-440/NM440V1-43773.html?dwvar_NM440V1-43773_style=NM440WSL

Oh awesome.  Rothdigga was going to try and set me up with a shop that managed to carry them, but this is a good back up just in case none are local

pops

• Rep: 242
« Reply #5891 on: June 18, 2023, 09:48:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I guess so. Your foot structure and strength matters not just the shoes you skate. Hope you find a shoe that works for you or maybe get a more supportive insole.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5892 on: June 18, 2023, 10:12:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I guess so. Your foot structure and strength matters not just the shoes you skate. Hope you find a shoe that works for you or maybe get a more supportive insole.
808 are my thing for sure, want to try some 1010 for a change
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #5893 on: June 18, 2023, 11:15:38 AM »
How much for an order of ribs?

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5894 on: June 18, 2023, 03:48:35 PM »
Did anyone else see those 574 numeric vulcs on civils site?'

https://wearecivil.com/shop/footwear/new-balance-574-vulc-black-grey/

interesting, looks they have the same sole as the 272s?

douchenozzle

• Rep: 32
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #5895 on: June 18, 2023, 05:14:38 PM »
I like.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #5896 on: June 18, 2023, 06:15:16 PM »

I harp on it a lot on here, but swap the insoles to Superfeet Run Comfort or Active Run. NB sells the same ones branded with their logo. It's much, much better. I can't skate them with stock insoles and can skate them almost as much as my 1010 with these

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #5897 on: June 18, 2023, 09:25:36 PM »
@rothdigga , is there anyway for us to get those big NB# decals, or are they only for elites, like the Emerica nose sticker?

I dunno if you’re still chasing these but I’ve brought from this site before and they’re all legit

https://www.skateboardstickers.com/products/new-balance-numeric-skateboard-sticker-18-5cm-across-approx-1

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5898 on: June 18, 2023, 10:44:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I harp on it a lot on here, but swap the insoles to Superfeet Run Comfort or Active Run. NB sells the same ones branded with their logo. It's much, much better. I can't skate them with stock insoles and can skate them almost as much as my 1010 with these
Seems crazy that people can skate those stock for maybe my feet are too sensitive, idk.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

rikki

• Rep: 286
« Reply #5899 on: June 19, 2023, 01:41:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Seems crazy that people can skate those stock for maybe my feet are too sensitive, idk.

It's funny, yeah, I'm 48 and one would think the 440s would fuck my feet up but I rock them stock no problem. It's not like I ollie down more than a few stairs anymore, but still.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5900 on: June 19, 2023, 02:50:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

It's funny, yeah, I'm 48 and one would think the 440s would fuck my feet up but I rock them stock no problem. It's not like I ollie down more than a few stairs anymore, but still.
My 2 month old 808 works great. I skated some brand new 440 highs with an extra thin insole ansnIngor a heel bruise in a couple minutes.
I learned my lesson, only 808 for ke and I might try 1010
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

BigMurf

• Rep: -3
« Reply #5901 on: June 19, 2023, 06:51:42 AM »
I really want to try the 808s but the feedback everyone has given kinda freaks me out a little bit. Some say tts, others say go a half size up. Some say the padding is great, others say your foot will fall asleep.

Also FYI - Tactics has some 1010 and 808 colorways on sale.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5902 on: June 19, 2023, 07:14:57 AM »
I really want to try the 808s but the feedback everyone has given kinda freaks me out a little bit. Some say tts, others say go a half size up. Some say the padding is great, others say your foot will fall asleep.

Also FYI - Tactics has some 1010 and 808 colorways on sale.
I had 808 on both TTS and +0.5 and tbh both works good for me. I prefer TTS but +0.5 is perfectly manageable. Padding is great, whoever is saying that your foot will fall asleep are probably Janoski users.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

OhioGuy

• Rep: 57
« Reply #5903 on: June 19, 2023, 07:44:01 AM »
The 440s don’t make my feet sore. But I’m just skating flat, popping a few ollies and never going longer than an hour.

But with my bad knees I’ve been trying to use the 808s more. Now those are shoes I don’t understand how regular folks skate. Sure, they’d be great if you’re jumping down shit, but they’re too heavy. Almost two months in and they’re still stiff too.

Is there a good middle ground between the 440 and 808? Like a cupsole with a slightly thicker sole but not all the extra junk and puffiness?

Also, a size 13 440 fits me better than a size 14 808. NB really messed up the sizing on that shoe. They run like a size small IMHO. I’d go 1.5 size up on them 🥴

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5904 on: June 19, 2023, 07:46:13 AM »
The 440s don’t make my feet sore. But I’m just skating flat, popping a few ollies and never going longer than an hour.

But with my bad knees I’ve been trying to use the 808s more. Now those are shoes I don’t understand how regular folks skate. Sure, they’d be great if you’re jumping down shit, but they’re too heavy. Almost two months in and they’re still stiff too.

Is there a good middle ground between the 440 and 808? Like a cupsole with a slightly thicker sole but not all the extra junk and puffiness?

Also, a size 13 440 fits me better than a size 14 808. NB really messed up the sizing on that shoe 🥴
Not the first time I give this answer to that question: 508
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

rikki

• Rep: 286
« Reply #5905 on: June 19, 2023, 07:52:49 AM »
Expand Quote

Also, a size 13 440 fits me better than a size 14 808. NB really messed up the sizing on that shoe 🥴
[close]

508 is next on my list for NB#. Pretty sure it's a great shoe based on my experiences with the 440 and what people have been telling me about it.

OhioGuy

• Rep: 57
« Reply #5906 on: June 19, 2023, 08:07:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I just looked at those. Do they fit better than the 440 lows? Those are a bit too small for me. It looks like they don’t make ‘em in 14 so I’d have to go 13, which can be hit or miss. The 440H fit me perfectly in 13.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5907 on: June 19, 2023, 08:10:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
I just looked at those. Do they fit better than the 440 lows? Those are a bit too small for me. It looks like they don’t make ‘em in 14 so I’d have to go 13, which can be hit or miss. The 440H fit me perfectly in 13.
TTS on the 508
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5908 on: June 19, 2023, 10:25:45 PM »

How damn good those 480 look in there.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5909 on: June 20, 2023, 11:42:21 AM »

How damn good those 480 look in there.

very zesty