Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 787371 times)

OhioGuy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 58
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #5910 on: June 21, 2023, 02:44:26 PM »
Put some new insoles in my 808s and they feel comfy now. No longer feels like I’m walking on a slab of stone. These shoes have been a roller coaster ride 🥴

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #5911 on: June 21, 2023, 03:00:34 PM »

How damn good those 480 look in there.

Not crazy about the big NB on the tongue but the rest is perfection.

jrb32

• Rep: -2

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #5913 on: June 21, 2023, 06:03:53 PM »
New westgate shoe?
https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nb-numeric-brandon-westgate-913/NM913V1-42810.html
that is actually his first shoe. They don’t really release too many colorways for it since his second shoe came out

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #5914 on: June 21, 2023, 06:13:33 PM »
Yeah those were pretty amazing!

hiljentaa

• Rep: 317
« Reply #5915 on: June 21, 2023, 07:14:36 PM »
that is actually his first shoe. They don’t really release too many colorways for it since his second shoe came out

Never seen those before. Is the toecap a textured rubber?

Daydream

« Reply #5916 on: June 21, 2023, 07:16:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Never seen those before. Is the toecap a textured rubber?
nope suede but crazy durable. Really fine and low profile suede, tough to explain.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #5917 on: June 21, 2023, 08:03:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Are the rumors of a beefed up 440 true?

@rothdigga
[close]

Just saw Q1 2024 catalog and there is a V2 coming with some upgraded features on the low and high. they changed the N which im not super keen to but the other improvements look solid

@rothdigga any chance V2 and V1 will coexist or is v1 done forever?

Saw this as well, and dont like how they look on the Knox shoe. Hoping it looks better in person

Can't understand how people can skate 440, tried them for one hour and my feet got sore straight away.

just tried giving mine another try because of this thread, and just cant do it. My foot feels insane and idk what im doing to my ankles when I put them on, but theyre killing my ankles too

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Daydream

« Reply #5918 on: June 21, 2023, 08:19:01 PM »
The larger integrated N is across the board at new balance - look at the latest MIUSA 990v6 and such. Makes sense they are calling for continuities with numeric, lifestyle, MIUSA, running, hoops, etc etc

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #5919 on: June 22, 2023, 04:03:08 AM »

How damn good those 480 look in there.

you when can i get those cause i need like 20 pairs???
@rothdigga can you shed some light on this?

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #5920 on: June 22, 2023, 04:38:01 AM »
got those black/black white contrast stitch 440 high's in true to size in a size 10

y'all are crazy those shits fit tight as fuck. joenewbalanceoutlet doesn't allow returns so if anyone out there wants to trade for a 10.5 in literally any colorway of the 440 high hit me up
good come sausage

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 22
« Reply #5921 on: June 22, 2023, 02:04:12 PM »
got those black/black white contrast stitch 440 high's in true to size in a size 10

y'all are crazy those shits fit tight as fuck. joenewbalanceoutlet doesn't allow returns so if anyone out there wants to trade for a 10.5 in literally any colorway of the 440 high hit me up

Yea it’s the majority of people on here that are crazy and not your uniquely shaped foot. Definitely our bad, we all need to get it together for ya.

All jokes aside, Have you tried taking the laces all the way out and completely relacing them? Sometimes that helps with shoes that feel tight out the box

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #5922 on: June 22, 2023, 03:24:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yea it’s the majority of people on here that are crazy and not your uniquely shaped foot. Definitely our bad, we all need to get it together for ya.

All jokes aside, Have you tried taking the laces all the way out and completely relacing them? Sometimes that helps with shoes that feel tight out the box

A lot of people find many NB# models to run small. I'm another person like the poster above that needs to go 0.5 up on 440, 1010, 808, and other models.
Super Champion Fun Zone

YeoWhattup

« Reply #5923 on: June 23, 2023, 07:01:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

A lot of people find many NB# models to run small. I'm another person like the poster above that needs to go 0.5 up on 440, 1010, 808, and other models.

True I have to go half size down in 1010 but tts 440, it’s all relative to how your foot is uniquely shaped.

If you never tried a pair of new balances I highly recommend trying them on in person

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5924 on: June 23, 2023, 07:25:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

True I have to go half size down in 1010 but tts 440, it’s all relative to how your foot is uniquely shaped.

If you never tried a pair of new balances I highly recommend trying them on in person
My exp size wise regarding NB#:

-0.5: 420
TTS: 358, 440 (both highs and lows), 808 and 1010
+0.5: 255, 288, PJ shoe (can't remember the number, it was 530 maybe?), 808 (they also work little bigger for me) and 868 aka the pebble magnet.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5925 on: June 23, 2023, 02:06:08 PM »
808s are pretty close to the Reynolds g6. I can see why he likes em so much. Shoe is heavy in hand but I don’t feel it on foot. Went tts and they fit perfectly.

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #5926 on: June 23, 2023, 04:51:04 PM »
808s are pretty close to the Reynolds g6. I can see why he likes em so much. Shoe is heavy in hand but I don’t feel it on foot. Went tts and they fit perfectly.

I’ve seen both tts and then not so much in different colorways of the 808. I got the white/black/teal and they fit tts for the most part. Toe box is a little tight for my liking, but it’s stretched a little wider now and that helps.

Ordered the grey days off of nb’s website and they fit too small. Width was good, but they’re a little short. Like I’d expect an 11.5 to be length wise. Nb only lets you order one pair of the grey days, and there are no returns. I wear a size 12, and can’t go up a half size, gotta go a full size, so most feel kind of screwed on that. I contacted them about it since they don’t fit, not that I changed my mind, and in the most professional manner they could they essentially told me ‘tough shit, you’re stuck with them.’

So I’m going to rock them and hope like hell they stretch out just a little bit over time.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #5927 on: June 23, 2023, 04:58:04 PM »
Got the welcome 440s in 11 and 10.5.    Thinking going to 10 might be best

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #5928 on: June 23, 2023, 05:13:25 PM »
Idk how people do the 808 tts. I went half size up and it felt perfect. But jt also has me wondering if maybe im just 10.5 now and not size 10.... Idk

Puddy Smally

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #5929 on: June 23, 2023, 05:28:51 PM »
Idk how people do the 808 tts. I went half size up and it felt perfect. But jt also has me wondering if maybe im just 10.5 now and not size 10.... Idk

808 is half size up. It’s been discussed endlessly here.

So you are indeed correct.

Do you get deja vu, huh?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #5930 on: June 23, 2023, 06:54:47 PM »
My local has the black 574 on this page and a dope all white leather one. It's the exact same fit and shoe as the 272 minus the paneling differences.

eviltgirl

• Rep: 31
« Reply #5931 on: June 23, 2023, 07:00:29 PM »
I really want to try the 808s but the feedback everyone has given kinda freaks me out a little bit. Some say tts, others say go a half size up. Some say the padding is great, others say your foot will fall asleep.

Also FYI - Tactics has some 1010 and 808 colorways on sale.

I went TTS on mine but I did have to change how I had them laced because there was too much pressure on the top of my foot.  All together though, the length was tts and I like them a lot after that change.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #5932 on: June 23, 2023, 08:23:50 PM »
My local has the black 574 on this page and a dope all white leather one. It's the exact same fit and shoe as the 272 minus the paneling differences.

The description of the shoe mentions it has a PU lasting board underneath the insole. I don't recall the 272 having this.
How much for an order of ribs?

Fartknocker415

« Reply #5933 on: June 23, 2023, 08:49:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah it feels like a chuck Taylor type fit where you know it’s an automatic half size difference.

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #5934 on: June 23, 2023, 08:49:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The description of the shoe mentions it has a PU lasting board underneath the insole. I don't recall the 272 having this.

Do the 574s happen to have tongue straps?

Last time I went to my local shop I tried a couple pairs of NBs and liked the 272 but in the end went with the 508, cause I didn't want the tongue moving around all wild, like the Vans Rowleys I put to bed because of that issue.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #5935 on: June 23, 2023, 09:21:18 PM »
Didn't see the tongue strips or peel back the insole. There as a 272 next to it and the last is identical, sole is identical, foxing is identical, and it feels exactly the same. The main difference of course was the paneling (collar, toe cap/toe box, etc) and that makes it look nicer in real life and likely a better shoe. Fit the same too. Definitely an upgrade and the all white leather ones are great.

flintstagram

« Reply #5936 on: June 23, 2023, 10:38:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, but you guys have said that about other nb shoes that I don’t agree with. Figured having a pair of 808s fit me true to size would have been enough to confirm that the grey days were tts. That turned out to be a bit questionable. They aren’t unwearable, but they definitely feel shorter than any other size 12 shoe I own.

flintstagram

« Reply #5937 on: June 23, 2023, 10:44:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, but you guys have said that about other nb shoes that I don’t agree with. Figured having a pair of 808s fit me true to size would have been enough to confirm that the grey days were tts. That turned out to be a bit questionable. They aren’t unwearable, but they definitely feel shorter than any other size 12 shoe I own.

In fact, this is the first pj (533?) were the only other ones I’ve had run too small.

I’ve had great luck with numerous pairs of the 288, 288s, 306, 306 slip, 440, 508, one pair of 808, and 1010. The 420 was a little long for my liking, and I couldn’t get used to the shape of the shoe. Almost all of my nb#s have been perfect tts.

YeoWhattup

« Reply #5938 on: June 23, 2023, 11:38:29 PM »
I’m tts in 808s, I’ve had the launch color, the wheat and the blacks. All for the same to me, I do like my shoes snug tho

Fartknocker415

« Reply #5939 on: June 24, 2023, 12:28:57 PM »
After almost two. Months of skating the 808 I may have to retire??? The tread has worn down enough to where im feeling very slippery on the board. But also considering regripping board... Aghhh