Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 787373 times)

OhioGuy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 58
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #6450 on: August 29, 2023, 12:39:45 PM »
808s for $39.99 (white/black/blue ones). Even has size 14. Would buy another pair if they fit me properly.

https://www.zappos.com/p/new-balance-numeric-808-tiago-lemos/product/9730534

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #6451 on: August 29, 2023, 04:25:06 PM »
808s for $39.99 (white/black/blue ones). Even has size 14. Would buy another pair if they fit me properly.

did you buy? Debating but don’t think I’d wear em much. Want the 480 or 1010

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 45
« Reply #6452 on: August 29, 2023, 04:31:08 PM »
The arch support is in the shape of the insole. If you remove it from the shoe you will see that the insole is wider than the footbed, which pushes it upwards on the inside. Try insoles from some other NB or trim it maybe?

also @Underpressureflips you messaged me about my 480s but blocked my messages so I can't hit you back

Weird. Must’ve fat fingered it. Sorry, you have been unblocked.

OhioGuy

« Reply #6453 on: August 29, 2023, 04:31:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Not this pair. Sadly the 808s are my least favorite NB#. Even when going up a full size the fit still sucks (for me). Also after months they still haven't broken in. I'd only recommend them to someone who can go into a store. 480 are WAAAAY better IMHO.

That sale is final which means no returns lol. So if you hate them you'll be out $40.

Daydream

« Reply #6454 on: August 29, 2023, 04:42:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Not this pair. Sadly the 808s are my least favorite NB#. Even when going up a full size the fit still sucks (for me). Also after months they still haven't broken in. I'd only recommend them to someone who can go into a store. 480 are WAAAAY better IMHO.

That sale is final which means no returns lol. So if you hate them you'll be out $40.
yea, read through weartested too about the cushioning being firm. There’s always ebay, depop, classifieds here for us fellow 13’s if a shoe doesn’t work for you
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 06:27:58 PM by Daydream »

LebowskisRug

« Reply #6455 on: August 29, 2023, 05:17:46 PM »
The 480 is equally as firm, but thinner and seems to fit normally. If 808 was too firm try that

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #6456 on: August 30, 2023, 01:45:05 AM »
I saw some 480s being skated in person and DAMN! they look even better on foot in person. They were the navy/White  colorway. They look classic, but modern because of how nice the materials are. They definitely don't look as cheap as the non-numeric 480 leather looks.

I'm gonna hopefully grab a pair sooner than later when the next colors drop perhaps
Super Champion Fun Zone

rikki

• Rep: 286
« Reply #6457 on: August 30, 2023, 01:59:16 AM »
Just wanted to say two things:

- the 508 is an amazing shoe
- it just seems to get better the more you skate it

The 440 has been my drug of choice so far, but the 508 has emerged as a strong contender.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 06:42:55 AM by rikki »

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #6458 on: August 30, 2023, 04:22:38 AM »
I got 508s to skate and they was so comfortable they became chillers til I gave them to a homie

I wish I skated it more than I did. But I’m surprised it’s not talked about more.

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #6459 on: August 30, 2023, 07:56:40 AM »
I skated the NB533 PJ's for a long time until they stopped, now I'm on the 440's hard. I tried the 508's when they dropped and they ended up as chillers for me too because I didn't like skating in them for some reason. Think they felt a little too big. Big fan of Westgate's first shoe the 913 which I know they sometimes still release...looking forward to trying the Reynolds 480.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #6460 on: August 30, 2023, 12:50:28 PM »
just observing- if anyone has issues with the first two 480s and heel lock/slipping - looks like the reynolds has cloth instead of leather

also curious if the reynolds will fit a lil different as far as snugness due to materials than the first two

OhioGuy

« Reply #6461 on: August 30, 2023, 01:34:57 PM »
just observing- if anyone has issues with the first two 480s and heel lock/slipping - looks like the reynolds has cloth instead of leather

also curious if the reynolds will fit a lil different as far as snugness due to materials than the first two
Wouldn't be surprised if they do. Mine are great, but they give me "first run" vibes. Like one shoe has a few little imperfections.

Daydream

OhioGuy

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #6464 on: August 30, 2023, 05:31:56 PM »
Hope that’s a markup. $130 is too much for those.
That's a Canadian skate shop, so the prices are in CAD. If you switch it to USD at the top right it's actually $98.

OhioGuy

« Reply #6465 on: August 30, 2023, 05:33:35 PM »
Expand Quote
That's a Canadian skate shop, so the prices are in CAD. If you switch it to USD at the top right it's actually $98.
Ah thanks! Got worried for a minute. If they had 13 I’d buy ‘em now lol

OhioGuy

« Reply #6466 on: August 30, 2023, 05:39:12 PM »
They’re also here and in my size. Think they’ll actually ship ‘em out now or wait until the 8th?

https://35thnorth.com/products/new-balance-480-bos-andrew-reynolds-chocolate-tan

Daydream

« Reply #6467 on: August 30, 2023, 05:59:16 PM »
Might be patient for a few days and see if some sitewide Labor Day sales can apply

Daydream

wax poetic

• Rep: 42
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #6470 on: August 31, 2023, 09:46:31 AM »

OhioGuy

« Reply #6471 on: August 31, 2023, 09:54:30 AM »
Expand Quote
They’re also here and in my size. Think they’ll actually ship ‘em out now or wait until the 8th?

https://35thnorth.com/products/new-balance-480-bos-andrew-reynolds-chocolate-tan
[close]
why would they wait?

also
https://www.sunrisesurfshop.com/products/nb-numeric-480-bos-andrew-reynolds-shoes-chocolate-tan?variant=43846110675202
Cause that’s not the release date NB# wanted. Funny enough, they’re off the site now. And not at the link you posted. So maybe someone is watching this thread? 👀

It’s fine, they saved me $100. With the way I skate I really shouldn’t be buying shoes at this rate.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #6472 on: August 31, 2023, 10:03:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Cause that’s not the release date NB# wanted. Funny enough, they’re off the site now. And not at the link you posted. So maybe someone is watching this thread? 👀

It’s fine, they saved me $100. With the way I skate I really shouldn’t be buying shoes at this rate.

I wonder if Rothdigga knows any NB people that could be watching this thread

OhioGuy

« Reply #6473 on: August 31, 2023, 10:08:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Hmm, you may be on to something 🤔😂

Next time I see an error I’ll click “buy” instead of posting it in a thread frequented by NB# employees lol.

Not blaming anyone—I knew they weren’t supposed to be out. Release dates exist for a reason. Sure they’ll promote them on their IG when it’s time for them to drop.

rothdigga

• Rep: 575
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6474 on: August 31, 2023, 10:26:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Don't worry guys...no one here in this office looks at this thread.  All your secrets are safe with me.

Also...FYI- the Reynolds release date at shops is actually Sept. 15.  Sorry!  It got pushed back 1 week on me. 

OhioGuy

« Reply #6475 on: August 31, 2023, 10:29:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Don't worry guys...no one here in this office looks at this thread.  All your secrets are safe with me.

Also...FYI- the Reynolds release date at shops is actually Sept. 15.  Sorry!  It got pushed back 1 week on me.
Just gives me an extra week to save. Thanks for the update 😁

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1325
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #6476 on: August 31, 2023, 11:56:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Wouldn't be surprised if they do. Mine are great, but they give me "first run" vibes. Like one shoe has a few little imperfections.
I've got to learn to look at this area on any shoes I can't get in person. When I saw the leather there on my 480s I was pretty worried. I have a pair of the Vans MC96s that has nubuck there and the heel slip makes them unwearable for me, even as chillers. I also wasn't able to get on the Tiago train as the heel slip on the 1010s was bad for me.

Luckily, I am not having this issue with the 480s. I got slight slip on my left (which is slightly smaller than my right go figure) only on first lace up. I retied them and that was that. Bring on the colorways.

Tagging @DCLOVE cuz they asked about heel slip and I said I would respond
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #6477 on: August 31, 2023, 12:30:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

What are the chances this Reynolds jawn is gonna make it to little ol’ NZ? We didn’t get the first run of colourways and I’m losing faith we’ll see the Reynolds
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

mini greek

• Rep: 32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6478 on: August 31, 2023, 12:43:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
What are the chances this Reynolds jawn is gonna make it to little ol’ NZ? We didn’t get the first run of colourways and I’m losing faith we’ll see the Reynolds

You should be seeing the Reynolds 480 in NZ ;-)
Get litty.....

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #6479 on: August 31, 2023, 12:54:16 PM »
You got Foy skating the 480s too?! Saw a few different clips on his story.

I haven’t seen him skate any other nb# since the 306 came out, and I don’t know if I’ve ever seen him skate a cupsole!

I’ve got a bunch of nb#s still in boxes, but I’m going to have to get my hands on these 480s. They look awesome.