Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 787542 times)

MusclesMarinara and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #6540 on: September 05, 2023, 11:27:51 PM »
I’m likely blanking, but outside of Rowley and Penny, have their been any other UK pro models?

(I feel like Wainwright had something with Vans…)
Wainwright maybe had two vans shoes. Remember him saying he wanted a skateable presto but he got a massive shoe. Rattray had savier, Osiris and es, maybe Stu Graham had an Osiris, blondeys had his Adidas things, Brady had that Belmont xlk that wasn't quite a pro model but had multiple colours/ only him in the ads/ name on the tounge etc

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #6541 on: September 05, 2023, 11:49:21 PM »
Expand Quote
I’m likely blanking, but outside of Rowley and Penny, have their been any other UK pro models?

[close]
Wainwright maybe had two vans shoes. Remember him saying he wanted a skateable presto but he got a massive shoe. Rattray had savier, Osiris and es, maybe Stu Graham had an Osiris, blondeys had his Adidas things, Brady had that Belmont xlk that wasn't quite a pro model but had multiple colours/ only him in the ads/ name on the tounge etc

Ah completely blanked on Rattray and Lucien.   Sumner was such an obvious one too.   Not quite counting colorways but I think Nick Jensen had a Lakai c/w as well and I feel like Chewy or Benny have to have had an adidas c/w at this point

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #6542 on: September 06, 2023, 12:14:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Ah completely blanked on Rattray and Lucien.   Sumner was such an obvious one too.   Not quite counting colorways but I think Nick Jensen had a Lakai c/w as well and I feel like Chewy or Benny have to have had an adidas c/w at this point
Definitely had colourways. There's also the Adidas palace model so can a whole company have a pro shoe? Lol. If we're doing C/Ws then Ben raemers has es and cons, shier and Baines had Dvs(think Lucien had Dvs too).
Really seems like there should be more feels like there's been as many Australian pro shoes as British

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6543 on: September 06, 2023, 03:14:19 AM »
been loving the 1010s all around
no more foot pain after sessions
honestly dont need to try and skate another shoe
but i will be indulging in the reynolds 480s
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 311
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #6544 on: September 06, 2023, 06:14:48 AM »
i will be indulging in the reynolds 480s
and i will not hear the end of it from my lady

update: she loves them and i sold 2 pairs of shoes to justify said purchase
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 12:49:46 PM by notinternetfamous »

mini greek

• Rep: 32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6545 on: September 06, 2023, 01:17:35 PM »
any 1010 alternatives with a slightly less chunky heel?
Sounds like you’re going to love the Tom Knox pro model dropping next month!
Get litty.....

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6546 on: September 06, 2023, 01:22:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

@mini greek when do we get an official peak at them (or learn what 600 signifies)

biggietoms

• Rep: 8
  • take acid
« Reply #6547 on: September 06, 2023, 03:46:46 PM »
50$ Rone Tiagos....40$ Poets Tiagos. Better act fast, just copped one of each. good luck

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dkr=1&iconV2Request=true&_blrs=recall_filtering&_ssn=happyjones&_oac=1&_nkw=new%20balance

vktrvghn

• Rep: 28
« Reply #6548 on: September 06, 2023, 04:00:21 PM »
I've been a vluc guy for a very long time but the 1010s have converted me

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6549 on: September 06, 2023, 04:32:29 PM »
50$ Rone Tiagos....40$ Poets Tiagos. Better act fast, just copped one of each. good luck

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dkr=1&iconV2Request=true&_blrs=recall_filtering&_ssn=happyjones&_oac=1&_nkw=new%20balance

Okay didn’t pay attention before bc it was outside what I wanted to pay so I apologize to ask… these run TTS?

DERBY

• Rep: 256
« Reply #6550 on: September 06, 2023, 04:35:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Okay didn’t pay attention before bc it was outside what I wanted to pay so I apologize to ask… these run TTS?

for me it was tts

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6551 on: September 06, 2023, 05:00:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

for me it was tts

Thanks.  I historically wear 11, but am starting to edge toward 10.5.   poets one is almost cheap enough to not care

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #6552 on: September 06, 2023, 05:10:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

for me it was tts
[close]

Thanks.  I historically wear 11, but am starting to edge toward 10.5.   poets one is almost cheap enough to not care
cop. My goodness, crazy deal

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #6553 on: September 06, 2023, 05:20:11 PM »

Many thanks been waiting to try these out. Got one of each.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6554 on: September 06, 2023, 05:22:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

for me it was tts
[close]

[close]

Yeah, had to.  I figure I can re-sell them for what I paid easily if they’re slightly too big

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #6555 on: September 06, 2023, 05:57:37 PM »
They're one of the thinnest most flexible cups on the market, so you'll probably get used to it in a month and never look back. I skated Vulcs as an adult until I tried some Jordan 1s and 440s. Somehow the Jordan's felt more natural but it was still a big adjustment. When I ruptured my ankle ligaments I skated Vans after I was cleared to skate and had so many small ankle rolls, heel bruises, and was just kinda noticing how unstable they are.

I first skated Crockett Highs, then 440s and 1010s. It was a weird 4-6 weeks but I skated Half Cabs a few times after and was like "there's no way these have any advantages".

jordan 1’s really do skate excellent. almost annoying really. for me, it’s the sole, and the rubber bumper where the stitching is.

almost thru my old dunks. 1010s most likely next, for the majority of the skating. the quality of my 2 pairs was noticeable

biggietoms

• take acid
« Reply #6556 on: September 06, 2023, 06:06:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

for me it was tts
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah, had to.  I figure I can re-sell them for what I paid easily if they’re slightly too big

absolutely. my exact thinking. that link i posted was just tiagos i believe...but if you dig on that guys page hes got westgates, 440s and other brands stuff to all from around 30-50.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #6557 on: September 06, 2023, 06:12:59 PM »
@biggietoms I thought those were your listings, hah

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6558 on: September 06, 2023, 06:31:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

for me it was tts
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

absolutely. my exact thinking. that link i posted was just tiagos i believe...but if you dig on that guys page hes got westgates, 440s and other brands stuff to all from around 30-50.

A wide selection of Gilbert Quasi Vans

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #6559 on: September 06, 2023, 06:35:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Ok I've been wearing the 440 lows for a few weeks.  First week was rough, going to a cupsole from a life in vulcs was one obstacle, but the inside where the arch is was killing my flat flipper feet, just cramping and general bad vibes, and just feeling kinda too tight mid foot.  I can still feel the pressure on my arch, but now it just feels nice.  Finally broke in I guess, but probably aren't the perfect shape for my foot anyway.  Loving the heel on them, soft heels on vulcs were what made me start looking for a cup. 

Also, it felt like I was hovering between the concave for a while, and I couldn't ollie in them for a good while, just felt like I was on stilts or something, totally seperated from my board, but now that's settled down and I can control my board again. 

So yeah, loving them.  Holding up super well too, they feel like a really strong shoe so far.
[close]

Went from blazers to #440's. Went on a skate trip and three days in my feet were destroyed. The board feel you describe is what turns me off of cups. There wasn't a cupsole that I've skated were that hasn't happened to me. Also the flick always felt like I was missing my flick. Like I had to put my whole foot on the board and wrench out a kick flip. The first time skating the 440's it was completely different. Board feel was meh, not like vulcs. But my flick was there. The floating ollies were gone as well. Such a good shoe. I think my first pair(tan with black sole) lasted me more than a month. Foot protection could be a little better. Was thinking about getting some fp insoles in the next pair i skate.
Yeah it's still giving me solid outside foot aches, probably due to them not bending with my foot like vulcs, but it's getting better.  And yeah have been wondering about insoles, some dead flat, slightly thicker insoles to make my foot feel solid in there without having to wrench laces could be good.  The downside of stiffer shoes when you're used to slippers is that you notice the shoe, like it's not moving with your foot 100%, which kinda drives me mad, but it's getting better.  I could skate semi loose Vans Eras as they easily move with your foot, but these need to be tied up solid to not give me that feeling.

DERBY

• Rep: 256
« Reply #6560 on: September 06, 2023, 06:41:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

for me it was tts
[close]

just aheads up based on experience. they are very snug from the jump but after they form to ur feet it’s good

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #6561 on: September 06, 2023, 06:44:38 PM »
Copped those $40 808 Blue/White Tiagos and holy shit do they run small for me. I'm an 11 and got an 11.5. Still feels slightly too small. May need to try a 12 in these to see if these work. They feel much better than the 1010 but still have that mid/rear foot arch soreness since they're not wide enough back there for me.

The 1010 in 11.5 fit better, but not by much. Maybe NB# shoes aren't for me?

Odd thing is that I tried the wheat ones from drop 1 in store in 11.5 of the 808 and they were slightly roomier than these, which gave me hope when buyin. Idk what gives with NB# sizing but it's still all over the place for me.  Yet I want to like and skate their shoes so badly , but they're making it so damn difficult. Back to my soletech collection to skate in I guess
Super Champion Fun Zone

biggietoms

• take acid
« Reply #6562 on: September 06, 2023, 07:58:02 PM »
@biggietoms I thought those were your listings, hah

lol nah. im not that generous  ;D , those prices are insane. if that seller didnt have crazy good feedback id be suspicious

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #6563 on: September 06, 2023, 09:07:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

@mini greek when do we get an official peak at them (or learn what 600 signifies)

I think images will start around the middle of October. Toms shoe was pulled from the vault, but modernized with foams and current tech. The model was called the 600  originally, so we carried it thru for Toms pro shoe.
Get litty.....

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6564 on: September 06, 2023, 09:18:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I think images will start around the middle of October. Toms shoe was pulled from the vault, but modernized with foams and current tech. The model was called the 600  originally, so we carried it thru for Toms pro shoe.
Great, now I have to decide between 480 and 600. Can't wait
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #6565 on: September 06, 2023, 09:18:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Definitely had colourways. There's also the Adidas palace model so can a whole company have a pro shoe? Lol. If we're doing C/Ws then Ben raemers has es and cons, shier and Baines had Dvs(think Lucien had Dvs too).
Really seems like there should be more feels like there's been as many Australian pro shoes as British
Arto Saari
*and Ali Boulala of course
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 09:26:17 PM by burm »
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6566 on: September 06, 2023, 09:23:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
Arto Saari

Oh that’s right.  Finland’s just north of Hull

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6567 on: September 06, 2023, 09:26:20 PM »
I don’t see why they wouldn’t, but I hope there’s a Grey Day Frankie.  I think that could look nice

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6568 on: September 06, 2023, 09:27:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
Arto Saari
[close]

Oh that’s right.  Finland’s just north of Hull
Speaking of... Lizzie
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Troubadour26

• Rep: 78
« Reply #6569 on: September 06, 2023, 09:58:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
Arto Saari
*and Ali Boulala of course

are you joking