Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 787243 times)

sid vicious and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #6930 on: September 23, 2023, 10:51:19 AM »
anybody take the n off 480s?
or are we over caring about it now
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 11:09:05 AM by munchbox »
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

beecee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #6931 on: September 23, 2023, 11:00:32 AM »

idk if anyone mentioned it already but this must be the 440v2 as well in his 70 tricks IG vid. can see the toe panel a bit better in a few other angles in the vid.
lowtop looking nice tbh, just that collar on the high looking a bit off to me

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6932 on: September 23, 2023, 12:27:52 PM »
Were the Reynolds 480’s supposed to come with these dark brown laces in the box (last slide)?

Mine didn’t have them, but I’m wondering if someone swiped the extra set at the shop. I might stick a black pair in there - something about light laces in a dark shoe doesn’t quite look right to me. Everyone is right, though - the shoes are extremely sick.
You guys got robbed :(
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #6933 on: September 23, 2023, 12:44:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jeff Mikuts IG stories looks like they feature Reynolds in another 440.2 colorway
[close]

[close]

I take back what I said

What did you say?   Reynolds will never be seen talking to White Justin Henry on the streets of Boston?

Some good shots of Toms shoe on Mike Arnold’s IG stories.   Shoe is looking pretty good

pekkaaa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6934 on: September 23, 2023, 01:39:34 PM »
Tried a pair of the Reynolds 480s after only skating dunks for the last 5 (or so) years. They are a bit bigger, went for the same size as I skate in dunks and could/should probably went half a size down. Other than that, they are softer/more comfy than the dunks but that also means they are a bit more flimsy. I like them.

FunnyBunny

• Rep: 18
« Reply #6935 on: September 23, 2023, 01:49:30 PM »
Anyone have any thoughts on how the 480’s compare to the 440’s?  I just got some 440’s and I like them but could use a bit more arch support and a bit more cushion in the sole.  Not a ton more though. Mostly skate ledges and small/med transition so I don’t need a crazy thick sole but the 440’s can hurt my feet a bit at times, otherwise they are great.

OhioGuy

• Rep: 58
« Reply #6936 on: September 23, 2023, 02:04:50 PM »
Anyone have any thoughts on how the 480’s compare to the 440’s?  I just got some 440’s and I like them but could use a bit more arch support and a bit more cushion in the sole.  Not a ton more though. Mostly skate ledges and small/med transition so I don’t need a crazy thick sole but the 440’s can hurt my feet a bit at times, otherwise they are great.
Just gotta try 'em. Some folks on here claim they're too thick, but I think they're perfect. More padding than the 440 without being too crazy. You don't feel everything when you're walking around in them. The 440s are basically vulcs in the forefoot. Great board feel, but at a cost.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #6937 on: September 23, 2023, 02:10:30 PM »
480s were not for me. Way stiffer, way thicker, zero boardfeel, don't pass the ankle roll test, but have great grip.

I can skate 1010 fine and can alternate between them and 440 with no issues, but the 480 were horrible. I've skated Jordan's and Dunks and they feel like a Dunk that never breaks in with less bulk up top. They look great though

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #6938 on: September 23, 2023, 02:21:03 PM »
Maybe you need to do 440s with a thicker custom insole of some sort perhaps

Or 1010s might be your sweet spot.

OhioGuy

• Rep: 58
« Reply #6939 on: September 23, 2023, 02:32:26 PM »
The 480s aren't for everyone, but they're far from terrible. I feel like some things just don't work for certain folks and instead of saying, "Yeah, these ain't for me," they make things out to be bad products. We all just have different needs.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6940 on: September 23, 2023, 02:44:23 PM »
The 480s aren't for everyone, but they're far from terrible. I feel like some things just don't work for certain folks and instead of saying, "Yeah, these ain't for me," they make things out to be bad products. We all just have different needs.

Hah yeah that’s most shoes on here though tbf

LebowskisRug

« Reply #6941 on: September 23, 2023, 02:49:04 PM »

If you're referencing me I literally said "not for me" in the first line of the post. They're a stiff, thick cupsole, which some people love. I didn't say they're objectively a bad shoe and noted the 1010 because it's not the thickeness.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #6942 on: September 23, 2023, 03:42:58 PM »
I’m hoping the 600 has a “flat” feeling to it. The 1010 has that running shoe arch feel to it (maybe due to the insole) and after years of skateboarding my left foot can’t really walk in those types of shoes without discomfort.

hmmoookay

• Rep: 70
  • content nausea
« Reply #6943 on: September 23, 2023, 04:49:51 PM »
second to last shift at the shop I've been working at part time the past couple years. bittersweet, but I had to treat myself to one more discounted pair before I depart.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1325
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #6944 on: September 23, 2023, 10:01:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jeff Mikuts IG stories looks like they feature Reynolds in another 440.2 colorway
[close]

[close]

I take back what I said
[close]

What did you say?   Reynolds will never be seen talking to White Justin Henry on the streets of Boston?

Some good shots of Toms shoe on Mike Arnold’s IG stories.   Shoe is looking pretty good
That's not Stewy from Succession?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6945 on: September 23, 2023, 10:27:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I take back what I said
[close]

[close]
That's not Stewy from Succession?

The guy next to Abe Sapien?

Vintagebody

• Rep: 81
« Reply #6946 on: September 24, 2023, 07:20:14 AM »
Ive had these 574's for a very long time now... It's simply the best vulc shoe ive ever skated. Amazing durability, in every part of the shoe. If they just had that cupsole heelflip, id buy them over and over! This is just an appreciation post.
Thank you NB for making actual good quality shoes.

Pastasash

• Rep: 75
« Reply #6947 on: September 24, 2023, 07:23:13 AM »
Ive had these 574's for a very long time now... It's simply the best vulc shoe ive ever skated. Amazing durability, in every part of the shoe. If they just had that cupsole heelflip, id buy them over and over!

Damn, that looks really good skated in

Vintagebody

• Rep: 81
« Reply #6948 on: September 24, 2023, 07:29:43 AM »
Yeah, ive had them for atleast 2 months. They have more life in them for sure. Atleast half a new decks life in them :D
I'll see next week once I get me new board. Nike Blazers doesnt last a month for me, and neither does some Adidas.
I get ollie holes rather quickly

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #6949 on: September 24, 2023, 07:33:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I take back what I said
[close]

That I wasn’t a big of how the new v2 looked but it looks good in these pics the N doesn’t look bad but maybe it’s the colorway. But it also looks less bulky in this photo

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #6950 on: September 24, 2023, 03:02:56 PM »
always gotta judge shoes on feet pals
how they look on shelves doesnt matter nearly enough
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #6951 on: September 24, 2023, 03:54:49 PM »
anybody got a pic comparing the 480 vs 480BOS heel padding? is it really that noticeable?

loving the 480BOS.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #6952 on: September 24, 2023, 07:42:33 PM »
anybody got a pic comparing the 480 vs 480BOS heel padding? is it really that noticeable?

loving the 480BOS.

I think a couple pages back someone posted side by side photos. Will edit with the post if I find it

EDIT: POSTED BELOW
Super Champion Fun Zone

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #6953 on: September 24, 2023, 07:44:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
I like the bolder angled N... Looks mean/faster.
Imo the thing that makes them less Court-like is the change on the eyestay that has that notch that is almost a lil Half-cab'esq (on the good end) or a bit midtop Emerica'esq (on the bad end). It's a bit more sporty, less timeless I guess. I'm more curious about the toe bumper shape, a bit weird that it swerves up towards the N but I need more pictures.

But now my question is: Why did it need a change in the first place? Seemed like a beloved shoe as it was.

Anyway, curious to see the low top.
[close]

I knew that Big N running into the eyestay reminded me of something. NB RC30.
[close]
These are fugly lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here’s something no one asked for:

The Reynolds have more padding in the heel. I measured with my digital calipers and they’re thicker by a couple millimeters. Also it might be an illusion due to the color, but the toe box appears to me more square. Overall it’s a beautiful shoe though.

Here's the post ^
Super Champion Fun Zone

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #6954 on: September 24, 2023, 09:03:00 PM »
these must be selling like hotcakes, they are getting sold out quick
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #6955 on: September 25, 2023, 02:05:23 AM »

They are. Sites were out in less than 24 hours in most cases.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6956 on: September 25, 2023, 02:14:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They are. Sites were out in less than 24 hours in most cases.

I wonder what the calculations are at NB if they’re leaving money on the table by not releasing more or if the implied scarcity means they sold faster so people didn’t miss out

rikki

• Rep: 286
« Reply #6957 on: September 25, 2023, 04:51:31 AM »
Breaking in a new pair of 440 lows today after skating 508s for a few months revealed to me a bit of a significant difference (among others discussed in this thread) between these two great shoes: the 508 feels like it's ventilated a lot better.

My feet were getting rather sweaty after a half an hour's walk in the 440s. Also reminded me how much worse my last pair of 440s used to smell as compared to the 508s I'm currently skating through.

Maybe something that could improve upon the 440 v2? Here's hoping.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #6958 on: September 25, 2023, 11:21:21 AM »
Saw the 440 Hi V2s in the wild today

As someone who’s more or less felt indifferent about the model, I thought the V2s looked great in person.

Leaked/sample photos never do a shoe justice upon final release so I always take them with a heavy grain of salt. But after seeing them for my own eyes, I think people are gonna really like em

The larger N actually looks better with the silhouette of the shoe than the OG one IMO

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #6959 on: September 25, 2023, 03:04:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
I like the bolder angled N... Looks mean/faster.
Imo the thing that makes them less Court-like is the change on the eyestay that has that notch that is almost a lil Half-cab'esq (on the good end) or a bit midtop Emerica'esq (on the bad end). It's a bit more sporty, less timeless I guess. I'm more curious about the toe bumper shape, a bit weird that it swerves up towards the N but I need more pictures.

But now my question is: Why did it need a change in the first place? Seemed like a beloved shoe as it was.

Anyway, curious to see the low top.
[close]

I knew that Big N running into the eyestay reminded me of something. NB RC30.
[close]
These are fugly lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here’s something no one asked for:

The Reynolds have more padding in the heel. I measured with my digital calipers and they’re thicker by a couple millimeters. Also it might be an illusion due to the color, but the toe box appears to me more square. Overall it’s a beautiful shoe though.

[close]

Here's the post ^

damn, that’s enough of a difference to stop me buying more. hopefully future pairs have the BOS padding/shape and same material in the heel.