Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 787358 times)

Skrotum and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #6960 on: September 26, 2023, 01:23:19 AM »

Found this sick pants in a tiny NB store in a 3000 inhabitants polish village.
They're like Polar Surf Pants and I'd love to buy some more but no idea about the name.
Anybody knows?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #6961 on: September 26, 2023, 03:47:02 AM »

They're like Polar Surf Pants and I'd love to buy some more but no idea about the name.
Anybody knows?

Have you tried doing a Google image search with the pants and any tabs/logos showing to help ID it until someone chimes in?
Super Champion Fun Zone

Shtonk

• Rep: -349
« Reply #6962 on: September 26, 2023, 05:17:25 AM »
Sorry if this had been discussed before (it probably has) but I read somewhere that Reynolds went to NB because they would let him rebuild his favourite shoe which was the Emerica Reynolds G6 if I remember correctly? But those shoes look nothing alike (capsule vs vulc to start, etc). Just a random trivia detail but it's been tickling me. Was it a different shoe he wanted to rebuild or did NB grind him down to where he married the G6 with a dunk which kinda feels like his 480

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #6963 on: September 26, 2023, 05:28:28 AM »
Sorry if this had been discussed before (it probably has) but I read somewhere that Reynolds went to NB because they would let him rebuild his favourite shoe which was the Emerica Reynolds G6 if I remember correctly? But those shoes look nothing alike (capsule vs vulc to start, etc). Just a random trivia detail but it's been tickling me. Was it a different shoe he wanted to rebuild or did NB grind him down to where he married the G6 with a dunk which kinda feels like his 480
the 480 that is out now is just a colorway of the 480 which has been around for a long time, just recently brought to the numeric line. His pro shoe I can’t speak on cuz we haven’t seen any pictures yet. If I had to guess tho, I’m sure Andrew’s pumped on everything new balance has to offer and will make a dope looking shoe using that new tech

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #6964 on: September 26, 2023, 05:38:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
the 480 that is out now is just a colorway of the 480 which has been around for a long time, just recently brought to the numeric line. His pro shoe I can’t speak on cuz we haven’t seen any pictures yet. If I had to guess tho, I’m sure Andrew’s pumped on everything new balance has to offer and will make a dope looking shoe using that new tech

Just an FYI, both the NB 480 (all colors) and Reynolds G6 are cupsole shoes. So far, Reynolds has been seen skating/testing out designs with NB's cupsole models, which will hopefully lead to some Emerica inspired but unmistakable NB cupsole pro model for the Boss! Earliest we can expect something beyond colorways will be late 2024 or early 2025 according to @rothdigga I believe
Super Champion Fun Zone

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 311
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #6965 on: September 26, 2023, 06:26:34 AM »

pretty dunk adjacent looking after revisiting some pics

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #6966 on: September 26, 2023, 08:47:42 AM »
We need some Tom Knox 600 updates

jfrankparnell

• Rep: 2
« Reply #6967 on: September 26, 2023, 09:06:08 AM »

Anybody knows?

Check out Gramicci pants. These NBs are copying those. Gramiccis are all i skate in.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #6968 on: September 26, 2023, 09:10:30 AM »
They're not really copying anyone - it's just a climbing style pant, which probably works very well for skateboarding.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6969 on: September 26, 2023, 10:03:49 AM »
They're not really copying anyone - it's just a climbing style pant, which probably works very well for skateboarding.
I have no idea what these NB are since I've been wearing them the whole day and didn't felt like getting in my boxers on the street just to check for further info on the label.
These things are amazing for skating. Probably my all time fav pant ever. Length, which obviously I have no idea what it is, is perfect.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

• Rep: 58
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6970 on: September 26, 2023, 11:10:19 AM »
Expand Quote

Anybody knows?
[close]

Have you tried doing a Google image search with the pants and any tabs/logos showing to help ID it until someone chimes in?

https://www.newbalance.co.uk/pd/nb-athletics-woven-pant/MP01504.html

Shtonk

« Reply #6971 on: September 26, 2023, 11:40:17 AM »

That is clearly a Vulc shoe tho, innit

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6972 on: September 26, 2023, 12:00:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Is not.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6973 on: September 26, 2023, 12:01:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Anybody knows?
[close]

[close]

https://www.newbalance.co.uk/pd/nb-athletics-woven-pant/MP01504.html
Yessssssss
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Shtonk

« Reply #6974 on: September 26, 2023, 01:12:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Is not.

Brother...

ToasterBiscuitz

• Rep: 3
« Reply #6975 on: September 26, 2023, 01:37:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Any wide versions coming this summer? Running out of old CT574’s
[close]
Sadly no, probably not until we hit Jan or maybe an early delivery in Dec if the shoes show up.  We will have 440's, NM574's and NM272's
I appreciate the reply. Will there be wide sizing in the high top of the 440?
That would be a dream come true.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1297
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6976 on: September 26, 2023, 01:45:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Is not.
[close]

Brother...
It's their g6 cupsole that is mimicking a vulc look. They still use it on shoes like the spanky and figgy models.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1325
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #6977 on: September 26, 2023, 04:08:51 PM »
Expand Quote

Anybody knows?
[close]

Check out Gramicci pants. These NBs are copying those. Gramiccis are all i skate in.
Crazy the OG Stussy pants were cut like this but ran small. Never put it together that Surf Pants are just blousy Stussys.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #6978 on: September 26, 2023, 04:58:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Anybody knows?
[close]

[close]
Crazy the OG Stussy pants were cut like this but ran small. Never put it together that Surf Pants are just blousy Stussys.

I believe they’re called Rip Stop pants
Krooked has been doing them for a bit and WKND is coming out with a pair as well

Bumba

• Rep: 32
« Reply #6979 on: September 26, 2023, 05:12:44 PM »

Anybody knows?

NB Athletics Woven Pant

rothdigga

• Rep: 575
« Reply #6980 on: September 27, 2023, 09:54:54 AM »

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 109
« Reply #6981 on: September 27, 2023, 10:02:18 AM »

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 311
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #6982 on: September 27, 2023, 10:09:24 AM »
Here's a little Boss interview from Complex for you all.
https://www.complex.com/sneakers/a/matt-welty/andrew-reynolds-just-wanted-to-skate-in-new-balance-now-hes
so sick to hear NB really taking care of the Boss

"Not only that, when I got on New Balance, a cold plunge just shows up at my house. All these Hyperice tools, Norma Tech leg compression things, just was showing up just because I was part of a brand that was so on it."

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1325
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #6983 on: September 27, 2023, 10:10:50 AM »
Nice 480 colorways/Andrew kf noseslide poster in the Nov 23 Thrasher
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #6984 on: September 27, 2023, 11:20:25 AM »
Reynolds teasing 808 with rubber toe cap.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
« Reply #6985 on: September 27, 2023, 11:37:34 AM »
To this day, the 808s are still the coolest looking Numeric shoe to me. After many years of skating vulcs, I’m now “cupsole curious” one might say (I asked about the 480s in this very thread a few weeks ago). Unfortunately all I’ve read about the 808s are that they are clunky and offer zero boardfeel. I know the 440 is suggested as a transitional cupsole, but I hate it. I want to skate the 808, god dammit. Is it really that bad?

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
« Reply #6986 on: September 27, 2023, 11:47:39 AM »
https://www.complex.com/sneakers/a/matt-welty/andrew-reynolds-just-wanted-to-skate-in-new-balance-now-hes

Hmm, he’s not telling the whole story it seems. He went to NB to ask about something as straight forward as midsoles? Why couldn’t he ask Vans, his then sponsor, about developing what he was looking for?

Pastasash

• Rep: 75
« Reply #6987 on: September 27, 2023, 11:49:10 AM »

I enjoyed it, good read. I follow Matt Welty from Complex sneakers podcast too and love when the sneaker world and skate world come together

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
« Reply #6988 on: September 27, 2023, 11:56:05 AM »
Expand Quote

Hmm, he’s not telling the whole story it seems. He went to NB to ask about something as straight forward as midsoles? Why couldn’t he ask Vans, his then sponsor, about developing what he was looking for?

...because he liked what he heard about how involved NB's designer was in the process with the team/skaters.

see https://www.villagepsychic.net/blog/andrew-reynolds-new-balance where he references reading this:  http://www.villagepsychic.net/blog/jeff-mikut

"Around the time I started cutting Tiago’s shoe in half, I saw your interview with Jeff Mikut. Everything he was saying about the way the shoes are made, how he wants to go with the skater to see how they skate and how they land, all the different foams and technologies New Balance has available to them, it blew me away. I'm like, “This is it! I don't care if I have another shoe sponsor again, I've got to meet this guy. I need to talk to him and tell him what I'm going through.” I was even thinking that I might just try to hire Jeff to help me make my own shoes. I was just asking myself what my options were that could keep me skating."
hardly art, hardly starving

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #6989 on: September 27, 2023, 12:27:58 PM »
Expand Quote

Vans was very obviously not interested in developing more than a colorway with him

He mentions in that interview that he saw the writing on the wall with 'core' skate shoe brands and wanting to stay relevant and getting on Vans was probably a nice way to toe the line in theory as he could be on a major brand while still being 'core' but the reality is their shoes just don't fit what he likes and he wasn't enough of a get for them to want to invest in building something up long term
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 12:44:53 PM by Theme For A Jackal »