Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 787294 times)

Notyourmom and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Frank and Fred

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 790
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #7350 on: October 14, 2023, 01:04:13 PM »
Thanks dudes. I don't tend to buy used but my daughter has a keen eye on those platforms so maybe I will enlist her help.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 790
« Reply #7351 on: October 14, 2023, 01:04:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If anyone sees some back or dark-colored soon to be discontinued 212s on sale (11.5) LMK.... I'm stocking up...
[close]
Location?
[close]

I'm in Portland OR but typically order my skate shows online, unfortunately...
[close]
Given its a discontinued (or about to be) model, buying them online now, I think gets a pass in my book.

Have you scoured all of Poshmark, Ebay, Mercari, Depop for any new/gently used 11.5 if that's your thing?
[close]
https://reliefskatesupply.com/search?q=212
Relief has a pretty deep stock

Thank you!

Was thinking I could even dye some of the white ones. I am about to try to dye some beige 213s.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -486
« Reply #7352 on: October 14, 2023, 02:08:44 PM »
If you’re like me and have been waiting for a basic suede 480 color way the numeric ig said next drop is black and white suede.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #7353 on: October 14, 2023, 03:02:06 PM »
I was gonna buy the white/black 480s until I saw some white/black/grey 1010s on sale. Copped those, then circled back to the 480s and ended up getting both pairs of the yin/yang pack. NB# got me wildin out here and I already know I’m getting more 480s down the line smh

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #7354 on: October 14, 2023, 08:04:54 PM »
Has anyone replace the insoles in their 272s? Curious as to what fits that will give a bit more padding and support than the Ortholite that comes stock. Thanks!
How much for an order of ribs?

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #7355 on: October 15, 2023, 05:43:22 AM »

Any one else having this issue with their 480s? Second session on them and the toe is separated from the suede. someone else posted a pic too.

Expand Quote
480 sizing feels a bit weird to me, coming from skating 808 and 1010 exclusively for the last year and a half. Also upper started separating from the outsole after about 10 minutes of skating. Anyone else have anything like this happen with their 480s?

[close]

That does look like a bit of a defect.  I don't know/think I can get you a replacement pair of 480's since they're mostly sold out but shoot me a DM with your info and I'll try to sort you out.  I already know offering this that you probably live in The Sudan or Bangladesh or somewhere else that will be a fortune to ship to...ha.  Such is the SLAP way whenever I offer these services.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 05:53:43 AM by Big Baby Jesus »
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #7356 on: October 15, 2023, 05:58:56 AM »

Any one else having this issue with their 480s? Second session on them and the toe is separated from the suede. someone else posted a pic too.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
480 sizing feels a bit weird to me, coming from skating 808 and 1010 exclusively for the last year and a half. Also upper started separating from the outsole after about 10 minutes of skating. Anyone else have anything like this happen with their 480s?

[close]

That does look like a bit of a defect.  I don't know/think I can get you a replacement pair of 480's since they're mostly sold out but shoot me a DM with your info and I'll try to sort you out.  I already know offering this that you probably live in The Sudan or Bangladesh or somewhere else that will be a fortune to ship to...ha.  Such is the SLAP way whenever I offer these services.
[close]

logjammin

• Rep: 336
« Reply #7357 on: October 15, 2023, 06:05:37 AM »
Expand Quote
On a slip-on kick right now and ordered some of those Foy 306L slips in my normal size. Anyone here skated them? Toebox seems like it's not extremely suffocating like Vans slips which I hate with a passion.
[close]

I’ve skated two pairs of them, one my normal size and the other half size down because they sold out of my normal size, but definitely tts. The half size down one fit but my toes had no wiggle room, and after a while my big toe would start to hurt. Good slip on none the less.

Yeah man I had them on all day yesterday and definitely a really quality slip on and didn't suffocate my feet. I hope they don't discontinue this shoe, seems like they're kinda phased out everywhere.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7358 on: October 15, 2023, 06:44:00 AM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Same thing here man :/
I had bad luck with my last NB# Same issue as you with 480BOS and a little chunk missing from the sole on some 808. Nothing terrible but still annoying since shoes here in CZ are kinda expensive but I'll still buy NB# since I really like how they do things and I can understand that I just had bad luck recently.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 11:57:28 AM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #7359 on: October 15, 2023, 07:41:43 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Can’t say I’m not disappointed. Been a long loyal fastbreak fan, first time mixing it up in a while. Even though they’re meant to be destroyed,  it sucks to see an obvious quality issue on an expensive shoe.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #7360 on: October 15, 2023, 09:50:41 AM »
Those photos of the Reynolds seem like defects. I’m still skating the orange launch 480s and while they’re pretty worn now, I’m not seeing anything like that on the toe

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #7361 on: October 15, 2023, 11:01:54 AM »
Maybe cause it's that smooth leather and the adhesive doesn't stick well to it on the edges? Haven't worn my Reynolds yet so can't give any more insight

Edit- just remembered seeing a post on here comparing them but aren't the 480 Reynolds toe a bit modified from the previous 2 480 cw? Could be the sole is made for a bit more material to be stretched out to fill that tiny gap.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

OhioGuy

• Rep: 58
« Reply #7362 on: October 15, 2023, 12:30:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Can’t say I’m not disappointed. Been a long loyal fastbreak fan, first time mixing it up in a while. Even though they’re meant to be destroyed,  it sucks to see an obvious quality issue on an expensive shoe.
Indeed. But I’m sure that isn’t common. The three pairs I’ve worn have held up great. Those are defective 😖

OhioGuy

« Reply #7363 on: October 15, 2023, 12:36:10 PM »
Maybe cause it's that smooth leather and the adhesive doesn't stick well to it on the edges? Haven't worn my Reynolds yet so can't give any more insight

Edit- just remembered seeing a post on here comparing them but aren't the 480 Reynolds toe a bit modified from the previous 2 480 cw? Could be the sole is made for a bit more material to be stretched out to fill that tiny gap.
You might be talking about this photo that I posted:

The toebox on the Reynolds looks more square, but it’s probably an illusion due to the color.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7364 on: October 15, 2023, 12:53:54 PM »
Not to pile on, but I got one pair out of the two I was able to find that had some stitching already busted on the right shoe (which also fit noticeably tighter than the left,) so I think there might be something to a slip up in qc for at least the reynolds color.

It’s hard to tell but the first eyelets are supposed to be stitched down on the toe box. Not a big deal but it does change the fit.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 01:04:27 PM by Firebert »

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #7365 on: October 15, 2023, 01:46:10 PM »
I’d just slip some glue in that separation of the outsole. Stinks but not a deal breaker. Nothing my vans or last resorts haven’t done before either.

Got these for $30 shipped second hand and really liking them. Somewhat snug fit but chillers for now to break in some more.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #7366 on: October 15, 2023, 02:20:58 PM »
I’d just slip some glue in that separation of the outsole. Stinks but not a deal breaker. Nothing my vans or last resorts haven’t done before either.

Got these for $30 shipped second hand and really liking them. Somewhat snug fit but chillers for now to break in some more.

Oooh.   I like those a lot

OhioGuy

« Reply #7367 on: October 15, 2023, 03:42:37 PM »
I gotta try the 1010s one day. The 808s kinda scared me away from the higher-tech shoes though.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #7368 on: October 15, 2023, 04:54:09 PM »
I gotta try the 1010s one day. The 808s kinda scared me away from the higher-tech shoes though.

Same.   Looking for the right colorway.   Tried the Poets, liked the fit and feel but toe was wide looking

lildonut92

• Rep: 10
« Reply #7369 on: October 15, 2023, 05:38:49 PM »
I’ve mostly been into the 440 but for the sake of curiosity, I tried on a pair of 1010’s today. They felt surprisingly good. I say surprisingly because I have always have a hard time finding shoes that fit me well. The only thing that bugged me is that it felt like the arch felt like it was pushing too far inward or something. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Second question, out of all the NB cupsoles which do you feel have the longest lasting grip?

OhioGuy

« Reply #7370 on: October 15, 2023, 05:56:54 PM »
The Yin/Yang 480s will be on NB's website tonight at midnight EST. Think I'll order some 14s of the black pair there since they have free shipping.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7371 on: October 15, 2023, 06:30:15 PM »
My reynolds 480s has a weird dimple on the left toe that's not on the right. I will assume it will end up separating when I start skating it/wearing it full time. I will just glue this one since I don't want to deal with sending in my pair but I hope in the future that NB is not rushing releases at the expense of quality. Please please I'd have more long term trust with a brand that will delay shoes than release widely faulty stuff. I've had good luck with NB so far so I'm just hoping it doesn't go the way of vans.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7372 on: October 15, 2023, 07:11:30 PM »
I’ve mostly been into the 440 but for the sake of curiosity, I tried on a pair of 1010’s today. They felt surprisingly good. I say surprisingly because I have always have a hard time finding shoes that fit me well. The only thing that bugged me is that it felt like the arch felt like it was pushing too far inward or something. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Second question, out of all the NB cupsoles which do you feel have the longest lasting grip?

1010. I have skated them past being bald and into the foam and even that gripped pretty well.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #7373 on: October 16, 2023, 01:42:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

1010. I have skated them past being bald and into the foam and even that gripped pretty well.
1010s gave a bit of arch pain every session after the first 10 minutes but it went away with prolonged use. I accepted that over the lasting lower back pain I got from vulc shoes I was on before.

To me they felt slippery after the sole went bald, which is why I haven't gotten another pair but I think I might get them again in the future because they are still definitely one of my favorite shoes
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7374 on: October 16, 2023, 02:20:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
1010s gave a bit of arch pain every session after the first 10 minutes but it went away with prolonged use. I accepted that over the lasting lower back pain I got from vulc shoes I was on before.

To me they felt slippery after the sole went bald, which is why I haven't gotten another pair but I think I might get them again in the future because they are still definitely one of my favorite shoes
I agree with everything said about 1010. Probably my current fav shoe.
In a slightly similar topic: 440 are described always as a cup that feels like vulc. Same applies with 417 but backwards? A vulc that feels like a cup? Got the green ones, not a fan of the cw but for €49 shipped I couldn't say no + I'm a big Franky fan and is been a while since I had a mid top.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 81
« Reply #7375 on: October 16, 2023, 04:02:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
In a slightly similar topic: 440 are described always as a cup that feels like vulc. Same applies with 417 but backwards? A vulc that feels like a cup? Got the green ones, not a fan of the cw but for €49 shipped I couldn't say no + I'm a big Franky fan and is been a while since I had a mid top.

I completly disagree with 440s feeling like a vulc. They are thin, but the sole has this typical harder rubber cups have, and the flick grip isent as grippy. The 306 do sort of feel like a cup, flickwise, as they have a lower foxing tape. The 417's have pretty high foxing tape, so they dont feel like a cup at all to me.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 04:10:14 AM by Vintagebody »

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #7376 on: October 16, 2023, 04:19:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Where?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7377 on: October 16, 2023, 04:36:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
Where?
https://wearestrap.com/products/new-balance-numeric-417-franky-villani-1
A friend who lives in Valencia told me he found that shop on front of his flat. He got some Primitive board for like €40 too. You can find 272 for that same price and 425 for €35. Shipping to CZ was €9
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #7378 on: October 16, 2023, 04:38:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

@rothdigga Are the issues we’re seeing with the 480 just the Reynolds colorway or should other pairs be fine? Seems isolated. Love the shoe though.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #7379 on: October 16, 2023, 05:07:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
Where?
[close]
https://wearestrap.com/products/new-balance-numeric-417-franky-villani-1
A friend who lives in Valencia told me he found that shop on front of his flat. He got some Primitive board for like €40 too. You can find 272 for that same price and 425 for €35. Shipping to CZ was €9

Thanks!